The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I think there is a good chance Madeleine will attend. I think it highly likely they will be in Sweden for the girls' birthdays. Possibly even extend it a bit for the first birthday of Oscar

Silvia one of her bigger there's like the nine prongs
Victoria the cut steel or Baden
Sofia the four button
Madeleine the modern fringe

Old 01-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine hasn't attended at the state visits lately, but Canadian state visit begins on Leonore's birthday and ends on Estelle's birthday. So maybe Madeleine and family are in Sweden to celebrate the birthdays and she will attend at the state visit.
yes, the last one she attended was the Finnish Official Visit in January 2009. So I would love to see her attend again. I suppose it's too "small" of a visit to hope for the Aquamarine Kokoshnik, so I would like to see her in the 6-Button Tiara (only because I admit to being slightly tired of the Modern Fringe).

But it would just be lovely to see her.

I imagine Sofia will wear her Emerald Tiara, which I won't be so bothered by since we got two different tiaras for the Nobels.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Of course there is a chance she will fly to sweden to celebrate the birthday of Estelle and Leonore but for me it seems she is not so interested in Gala Events.. On the other hand she also attend the Representative dinner in February 2015..I really hope she will attend, we will see.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
yes, the last one she attended was the Finnish Official Visit in January 2009. So I would love to see her attend again. I suppose it's too "small" of a visit to hope for the Aquamarine Kokoshnik, so I would like to see her in the 6-Button Tiara (only because I admit to being slightly tired of the Modern Fringe).

But it would just be lovely to see her.
Actually, Madeleine attended at the welcome event of the state visit of the president of Turkey on 11th March 2013 (she was in Sweden due to princess Lilian's death and funeral), but she didn't attend at other events.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsz...arkPreview.jpg
Old 01-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will be a state visit from Canada to Sweden in February. Here are my guesses if there will be a tiara event:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Madeleine: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara
Excuse my ignorance, but what does a "state visit from Canada" mean exactly ? Does it mean that the Governor General of Canada is visiting Sweden ?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what does a "state visit from Canada" mean exactly ? Does it mean that the Governor General of Canada is visiting Sweden ?
Yes that is exactly what it means. Governor David General Johnston will pay the state visit.

My guesses:
Silvia - Connaught or Nine Prong
Victoria - Baden Fringe
Sofia - Emerald Wedding Tiara
Madeleine - I don't think she will attend
Old 01-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Actually, Madeleine attended at the welcome event of the state visit of the president of Turkey on 11th March 2013 (she was in Sweden due to princess Lilian's death and funeral), but she didn't attend at other events.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsz...arkPreview.jpg
well since we are clearly talking about tiara events, obviously I didn't include that. My point remains, she's not attended one since 2009 so it would nice to see her again.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

My guess is that Madeleine won't attend, but if she does, it will be the modern fringe for her.

My other guesses
Silvia: the Connaught
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: her emerald tiara

Old 01-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Tiaras in denmark.

Q. Margrethe Nassut Tiara
CP. Mary her new Necklcae Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara
Old 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Tiaras in denmark.

Q. Margrethe Nassut Tiara
CP. Mary her new Necklcae Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara
I don't know what to think of the Nassut, but then again, I've never been a fan of gold tiaras.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Another tiara event in Sweden is occurring on 23 March, when the King and Queen host the first Representation Dinner of the year at the Royal Palace. So far only the King and Queen are set to attend.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was never a fan of the Nassut tiara /Golden Poppies and I'm still not,it looks more like a table decoration but yet Queen Margrethe II wears it well.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I was never a fan of the Nassut tiara /Golden Poppies and I'm still not,it looks more like a table decoration but yet Queen Margrethe II wears it well.
I think it looked much better then the first time she wore it. But i don't like the combination of a golden tiara with a diamond riviere.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Majesty

There will be a state visit from Portugal to Luxembourg in May. Here are my guesses:

Maria Teresa: Large Floral tiara
Stephanie: Marie Adelaide tiara
Claire: Small floral tiara
Alexandra: Topaz tiara
Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

Maria Teresa: Chaumet choker with pearls
Stephanie: Aquamarine bandeau
It'd be a nice surprise if anyone wore the Congo necklace tiara. I don't think Claire or Alexandra will attend.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes I agree it will be the floral tiara as Letizia can be very predictable ,but it does suit her delicate frame very well.
Yes it does flatter her very much. Felipe's 50th birthday will be next year, so hopefully it will be a tiara event and Letizia will wear a new tiara.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes it does flatter her very much. Felipe's 50th birthday will be next year, so hopefully it will be a tiara event and Letizia will wear a new tiara.

I guess we will see the Floral Tiara very often in the next years, especially for the incoming state visits. Unfortunately I dont think the 50th birthday of Felipe will celebrated, usually the spanish royal familie dont celebrate. Maybe there is a chance to see letizia in a bigger Tiara during the state visit to Japan ( nothing annouced yet but its been said it should take place in first week of april) i could imagine she wears the Cartier Pearl and Diamond Tiara. Maybe she will suprise us at the birthday celebrations of King Harald and Queen Sonja. King Willem Alexander velebrate his 50th Birthday in April this, maybe he will celebrate with other royal guests as he did in 2007, an who knoes maybe its Tiara event.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:25 AM
Majesty

I am very excited to see the jewels at the state visit from Japan, as royals usually wear their most impressive jewels when they meet the Japanese royals. For example, Queen Sofia wore the fleur de flys tiara during a visit to Japan a couple of years ago.I have a feeling she will wear her new tiara but it would be great if she wore something new.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am very excited to see the jewels at the state visit from Japan, as royals usually wear their most impressive jewels when they meet the Japanese royals. For example, Queen Sofia wore the fleur de flys tiara during a visit to Japan a couple of years ago.I have a feeling she will wear her new tiara but it would be great if she wore something new.
I believe Letizia will wear her Ansonera pearl and diamond tiara, which she also wore at Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday gala in Copenhagen. I don't see her wearing any of Queen Sofia's big tiaras while she is still under Sofia's shadow.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Let#s hope Queen Letizia will wear one of her bigger tiaras at the State visit to Japan and not follow the example of Queen mathuilode who whore her msmallerst tiara out of Respect for Emrpess Michiko who doesn't wear tiaras anymore because of health reasons.
Wonder if there are any State Visits to european monarchies plan't for them apart from the postponed State Visit to the UK.