The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe the Wolfers necklace tiara for Queen Mathilde in India.

I'd like to see GD Maria Teresa wear a different tiara in Japan. Vine Leaves or Chaumet diamond pearl choker. The Belgian Scroll is beautiful but she's worn it 3 times this year and GD Josephine Charlotte wore the Belgian Scroll to Japan in 1999.

CP Masako: Sunburst. I wonder if Masako's hesitant to wear the scroll tiara as that's the "Crown Princess" tiara and she remains in recovery. She hasn't worn it since 2003?

Old 10-29-2017, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think the Grand Duchess will wear the Empire tiara in Japan as she wore it only for two State Visits abroad and that was to Belgium and the Netherlands to which there are close and familiar connections. It seems the beglian scroll tiara is her favourite so this is the most likely one but she could also wear the chaumet diamond choker tiara or of the other diamond tiara. I think it is unlikely that shey will go for one with coloures stones.
As for Crown Pricness Masako both the scroll tiara and the sunburst tiara are the tiaras worn by the Crown Princesses they where also worn by Empress Michiko when still Crown Pricness. But since Masako has access to the sunburst tiara (she started to wear it about 10 years after her marriage) she hasn't worn the scroll tiara anymore.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't think the Grand Duchess will wear the Empire tiara in Japan as she wore it only for two State Visits abroad and that was to Belgium and the Netherlands to which there are close and familiar connections. It seems the beglian scroll tiara is her favourite so this is the most likely one but she could also wear the chaumet diamond choker tiara or of the other diamond tiara. I think it is unlikely that shey will go for one with coloures stones.
As for Crown Pricness Masako both the scroll tiara and the sunburst tiara are the tiaras worn by the Crown Princesses they where also worn by Empress Michiko when still Crown Pricness. But since Masako has access to the sunburst tiara (she started to wear it about 10 years after her marriage) she hasn't worn the scroll tiara anymore.
Given that Empress Michiko no longer wears tiaras, I doubt Marua Teresa will wear a big gun. That would be inappropriate. The Belgian Scroll Tiara would be a good fit though.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It was so easy to put the Nine Provnce tiara in Queen Fabiola puffy hairs and so difficult to put it in Queen Paola short fine hairs (dixit Royal hairdressers).
Queen Paola wore her deco tiara abroard.
I should like to see the Nine Province tiara on Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers necklace such as Queen Fabiola did in the past.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
It was so easy to put the Nine Provnce tiara in Queen Fabiola puffy hairs and so difficult to put it in Queen Paola short fine hairs (dixit Royal hairdressers).
Queen Paola wore her deco tiara abroard.
I should like to see the Nine Province tiara on Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers necklace such as Queen Fabiola did in the past.
She should save that for a future state visit to the UK and then wear the Art Deco or the Spanish wedding gift tiara at the Guildhall banquet.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry Mbruno, but Paola's deco tiara will go to Princess Astrid and the Spanish Wedding Gift is ? . King Albert II and Queen Paola never went to a State Visit in the UK during their 20 years reign.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I am sorry Mbruno, but Paola's deco tiara will go to Princess Astrid and the Spanish Wedding Gift is ?
Is that a statement of fact based on publicly available information or a guess based on the fact that Astrid has worn the tiara once, which is just as many times as Mathilde has worn it?
Old 10-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mathilde wore the Deco tiara on her Wedding day because the tiara gift of the belgian Nobility was not ready.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I am sorry Mbruno, but Paola's deco tiara will go to Princess Astrid and the Spanish Wedding Gift is ? . King Albert II and Queen Paola never went to a State Visit in the UK during their 20 years reign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is that a statement of fact based on publicly available information or a guess based on the fact that Astrid has worn the tiara once, which is just as many times as Mathilde has worn it?
Quote:
Princess Mathilde wore the Deco tiara on her Wedding day because the tiara gift of the belgian Nobility was not ready.
Perhaps Astrid only wore her mothers tiara because her own tiara had gone for repairs and was not ready for use
Old 10-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Astrid owns no tiara.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

It is not publicly know who will inherit the Art Deco tiara, but that is not the topic of this thread.

I'm loosing count. What will be the next tiara event? There must be some before the Nobels, as it's more than two month's till then.

I think that the Queen will wear the 9-prongs tiara again, although I really hope for the cameo parure. It's under-used! (As is the ruby tiara, but i have no hope to see it at the Nobels any time soon).

The Princesses are much more difficult to guess. I'd love to see Victoria with the aquamarine kokoshnik, or Madeleine with the amethysts once again. For Sofia, i think she will wear her wedding tiara again for one of the two nights and repeat one of the tiara she has already worn the other night.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It is not publicly know who will inherit the Art Deco tiara, but that is not the topic of this thread.

I'm loosing count. What will be the next tiara event? There must be some before the Nobels, as it's more than two month's till then.

I think that the Queen will wear the 9-prongs tiara again, although I really hope for the cameo parure. It's under-used! (As is the ruby tiara, but i have no hope to see it at the Nobels any time soon).

The Princesses are much more difficult to guess. I'd love to see Victoria with the aquamarine kokoshnik, or Madeleine with the amethysts once again. For Sofia, i think she will wear her wedding tiara again for one of the two nights and repeat one of the tiara she has already worn the other night.
I think it would be great to see the Cameo tiara again in Sweden, or the larger cut steel. It would also be great to see the emerald necklace again, its been such a long time since it was used. Perhaps HM can wear it with the Nine Prong tiara.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It's about a month and a half until the Nobel prizes but we'll have the State Visit from Luxembourg to Japan first: November 27 -29. The grand duchess intends to join, so she will most likely wear a tiara and the Japanese princesses will as well (although there is not that much to guess about what they will wear: the ones they always wear).
Old 10-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Oops, thanks Somebody. Of course, you're right.

I adore the Swedish emerald necklace, it would be a great choice for any of the Ladies. The larger cut steel would be a great choice for the second night. I'd really like to finally see it on Madeleine, it would look lovely on her. And I alway love to see first-time wearings of tiaras. As Sofia wore a lot of first-timers in a row since last year, I think she'll now repeat some of them before breaking in another tiara. But it's just a guess.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It's about a month and a half until the Nobel prizes but we'll have the State Visit from Luxembourg to Japan first: November 27 -29. The grand duchess intends to join, so she will most likely wear a tiara and the Japanese princesses will as well (although there is not that much to guess about what they will wear: the ones they always wear).
Theres is also an Official Dinner in Sweden on 23.11. So far only the King and Queen are listed to attend.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

It is actually only a bit more then 1 month till to the Nobels. In 2 months we will already have the danish New Years Courts.
As for the Queen i also think she will wear again the Nine pronge tiara. She could wear it with the scarab necklace which she has inherited from Princess Lilian and not worn so far. This one would also be a good match with the ruby tiara. But this one has never been worn for the Nobels. But perhaps this be ncie combination for the King's Dinner on the second evening.
As for the Cameo tiara if Queen Silvia doesn't want to wear it anymore (i think the last time she has worn it was 10 years ago) she should loan it to Victoria as she has worn the Rest of the Parure several times by now.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Theres is also an Official Dinner in Sweden on 23.11. So far only the King and Queen are listed to attend.
And we know that crown princess Victoria will not attend at the official dinner, because she will be in Leipzig.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Confirmed: The President of Israel will pay a state visit to Spain next Monday on November 6th--7th
http://thediplomatinspain.com/en/isr...rivlins-visit/

My Guess for Gala Dinner. Letizia will wear Floral Tiara or her Pearl Ansorena.. I would like to see everything expect the Floral.. Also the prussian would be nice..
Old 11-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
We also have Queen Margrethe State visit to Ghana on november 23th-24th, maybe she will wear her small turquoise bandeau?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know what the dress code in Ghana will be. If it's white or black tie, I too guess that Margrethe will wear the turquoise bandeau. But I think it the dress code will be suit and she'll not wear a tiara.

Nice to get a short-term state visit in Spain. Yes, I think it will be the floral tiara. It's beautiful and I love it, but anything else would be a nice change.