The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

'Red and green should never be seen'

It would be nice indeed but I suspect she will go for a more modest tiara / jewel appearance. Perhaps the unfortunate emerald tiara or Queen Anna's pearls. The sash of the Order of Christ is red, so a tiara with rubies may be an option after all.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
'Red and green are never to be seen'

It would be nice indeed but I suspect she will go for a more modest tiara / jewel appearance. Perhaps the unfortunate emerald tiara or Queen Anna's pearls. The sash of the Order of Christ is red, so a tiara with rubies may be an option after all.
I can not find the picture on ANP Historisch Archief (the new site is a drama) but I seem to remember that Queen Beatrix wore one of her biggest diadems in Portugal (the grand diamond-and-sapphire diadem).

Old 08-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Some Royal Weddings to come:
Serbia , I hope jewels from Maria da Gloria
Luxembourg , the same tiara as the other Brides
Prussia / von Leiningen ?
Old 08-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Some Royal Weddings to come:
Serbia , I hope jewels from Maria da Gloria
Luxembourg , the same tiara as the other Brides
Prussia / von Leiningen ?
For the Luxembourg Wedding in also think that Princess Maire-Gabrielle will wear the small floral tiara which worn by the daughter and daughter-in-law of Princess Marie Astrid.
As for the Leiningen-Prussia Wedding i thin k it would be nice if Prince Georg Friedrich would loan his cousin the prussian meander tiara which was also worn by their grandmother Kira at her Wedding.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
'Red and green should never be seen'

I think her Tiara choice will depend which order she will receive. As much i can remember Q.Silfia and other Royals received Order of Prince Henry (black/blue/white) during a state visit to Portugal, during a second state visit Royals recived order of Christ (red).
Maybe she will suprise and wears Diamond Bandeu or Again Ruby Parure..
Old 08-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Majesty

I hope to see the diamond laurel wreath diadem on Queen Máxima, one of my favorite diadems in the Dutch collection. She has never worn it so far.

Picture of the diadem
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes its strange that Queen Máxima has not worn the Dutch laurel wreath Tiara so far.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

King Abdullah and Queen Rania will pay a state visit to netherlands in November.. Its hard to guess what both Queens might wear.. The Sapphir Tiara dont work with the Jordan sash. So my guess

Q.Maxima Ruby Parure/ Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara
Q.Rania ( please not the Bracelet Tiara, but i guess it is)
P.Beatrix, Diamond Bandeau
P.Magriet, Pearl Button Tiara
Old 09-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In 2006 Queen Rania wore this tiara, not the bracelet fortunately.

I am also going for the Wurttemberg for Queen Maxima, Queen Anna's pearls for Pss Beatrix, the laurel tiara for Laurentien and the buttons for Pss Margriet.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
King Abdullah and Queen Rania will pay a state visit to netherlands in November.. Its hard to guess what both Queens might wear.. The Sapphir Tiara dont work with the Jordan sash. So my guess

Q.Maxima Ruby Parure/ Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara
Q.Rania ( please not the Bracelet Tiara, but i guess it is)
P.Beatrix, Diamond Bandeau
P.Magriet, Pearl Button Tiara
Max could wear the emerald parure as well. She may not consider the tiara grand enough for a royal state visit, but it would certainly match.

She could also wear one of the two ruby Parures.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Majesty

My guesses for the state visit from Jordan

Maxima: rose cut tiara
Rania: Bracelet tiara
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Gentry

I guess Q Maxima will not wear grand piece this time. My guesses: emerald parure, or any pearl piece (antique pearl tiara, button tiara or emerald parure in pearl setting)

Quote:
In 2006 Queen Rania wore this tiara, not the bracelet fortunately.
I really hope Q Rania bring this one again. Like the design and the concept behind. I don't mind she wears the emerald tiara, it suits her too. But please not the bracelet again. I wouldn't call it a tiara, it is a headband that only can be worn as a headband.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Majesty

In 2006 there was a big turnout for the King of Jordan:

HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HM The Queen of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan

HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan

HRH
Princess Rahma of Jordan
Mr. Alaa Arif Al Batayneh

HRH Prince Contantijn of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands

HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven

Picture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day later another big turn-out of royals:

HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HM The Queen of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan

HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan

HRH
Princess Rahma of Jordan
Mr. Alaa Aridf Al Batayneh

HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands

HH Prince Bernhard van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Annette van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

HH Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Anita van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

HH Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Aimée van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

Picture
Old 09-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Gentry

Would we have a chance to see Mabel this time? (Not sure what her current role in the rf)
Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Would we have a chance to see Mabel this time? (Not sure what her current role in the rf)
I don't think we will see Princess Mabel, she does not belong to the official Royal House. The adult members of the Royal House of the Netherlands are:

The King
Queen Máxima
Princess Beatrix
Prince Constantijn
Princess Laurentien
Princess Margriet
Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven

The Van Vollenhoven family turned up for the return event in 2006 (means: invited by the host, King Abdullah) so we may assume there is a personal friendship between the Jordanian royal family and the Van Vollenhoven family. Besides this: Princess Mabel and her daughters live in London, not in the Netherlands.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

The Jordanian SV to Sweden in 2000 also saw a large number of Jordanian royals accompanying the Royal Couple. But alas, it looks like they don't do that anymore (see the recent visit to Belgium). But I assume that a large number of Dutch royals will attend in style, as that's usually done for incoming royal SV's. I think that Princesses Beatrix, Margriet and also Laurentien will be out in tiaras. Mabel, I think not. Or at least she won't be in the official pictures. She is not a member of the Royal House and has no official role in that way. So she's likely to only attend private events.

For Rania I guess her favourite bracelet-tiara. It's been ages since has worn anything else, and I don't really see that now. Thought it would be nice to see one of her other tiaras again. I especially liked the tiara from the UK visit in 2001.

Queen Maxima won't go small, that's not like her . The Württemberg with all the pearl prongs would be great, but I could also be the the large sapphire tiara. The other Princesses are very difficult to guess, since they all have access to the same pool of jewels. But I think that we'll see the small sapphire tiara, the antique pearl tiara and the emerald tiara.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Courtier

There will be a Representation/Official dinner at the Royal Palace on 24th November. According to the calendar only the King and Queen are set to attend, but I assume at least the Crown Princess Couple will attend as well.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Tiara wise, I guess it will be business as usual.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
There will be a Representation/Official dinner at the Royal Palace on 24th November. According to the calendar only the King and Queen are set to attend, but I assume at least the Crown Princess Couple will attend as well.

The Nine Prong or the Connaught for HM?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post

My guesses

Silvia: nine prong
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: four button tiara
Old 10-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Nine Prong or the Connaught for HM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses

Silvia: nine prong
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: four button tiara
Yes, the Nine Prong or the Connaught is most likely for Queen Silvia. For home events this year she has worn; The Nine Prong for the State visit from Canada and the Connaught for the Official dinner in March. One might wish for the Connaught Ruby Tiara.

I would like to see the Baden Fringe for the Crown Princess, and I doubt Sofia will attend and save up for the Nobels instead.