Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was business suits in 2013 when the Japanese Emperor made a State Visit to India. I would not expect it to be more formal now.

My wish is that Mathilde wears a new-to-her necklace, hopefully from Queen Fabiola.

Queen Beatrix wore a tiara in India back in 1986. So maybe there's some hope Queen Mathilde will wear one too !

Does anybody know the current dress code for Indian state banquets ? If it is still black tie, I am pretty positive that Queen Mathilde will wear a small tiara (probably the Wolfers or the Laurel Wreath).
1986 is more than 30 years ago. Protocol and dress codes have changed considerably over time, so I don't think that we can take it as a reference. If it was suits for the Emperor of Japan, it's will most likely be the same for Philippe and Mathilde.

If there is no tiara event in India, I still hope Mathilde will wear the Wolfers or even the Laurel Wreath Tiara as a necklace (has she even worn the base of 9 Provinces Tiara as a necklace/choker? she may give it a try:flowers:)

I hope Letizia bring out the Shell Tiara again (with better hairstyle), but I guess she would prefer the Floral Tiara or her pearl Ansorena tiara. I don't mind if she wear grander pieces like the two Cartiers...

Swedish Nobel,
Silvia: 9 Prong Tiara, the sapphires tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara, Lilian's tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara, Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara (or Lilian's tiara? does it now belong to Victoria? I would like to see it on Madeleine)
Sofia: her wedding tiara, 4 buttons l tiara

If there is no tiara event in India, I still hope Mathilde will wear the Wolfers or even the Laurel Wreath Tiara as a necklace (has she even worn the base of 9 Provinces Tiara as a necklace/choker? she may give it a try:flowers:)

I hope Letizia bring out the Shell Tiara again (with better hairstyle), but I guess she would prefer the Floral Tiara or her pearl Ansorena tiara. I don't mind if she wear grander pieces like the two Cartiers...

Swedish Nobel,
Silvia: 9 Prong Tiara, the sapphires tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara, Lilian's tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara, Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara (or Lilian's tiara? does it now belong to Victoria? I would like to see it on Madeleine)
Sofia: her wedding tiara, 4 buttons l tiara

Yes, it was left by Lilian to Victoria in her will. She is said to have left Victoria two tiaras (her will was made public) but what the other one is, is a mystery.

http://trondni.blogspot.ca/2013/11/the-division-of-princess-lilians-estate.html

Last edited:
I just read that there will be a Belgian state visit to Canada in march and a visit to Portugal in the autumn. Do you think they will be Tiara events?

Last edited:
My Guess for Nobel Prize.

10th December
Q.Silvia 9 Prong
P.Victoria Connaught
P.Madeleine Modern Fringe
P.Sofia Amethyst

11th December
Q.Silvia Connaught
P.Victoria Cut Steel
P.Madeleine Modern Fringe
P. Sofia modern Cut Steel

My guesses for the Swedish dinner this month:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Sofia: four button tiara

For the future bride of Prince Christian of Hanover, I predict she will wear the Brunswick tiara.

I would love to see the Love Trophy Collar on someone say at an upcoming wedding. I’m mesmerized by it.

I would love to see the Love Trophy Collar on someone say at an upcoming wedding. I’m mesmerized by it.

Not only is it way out of style, but I don't see any current royal being able to pull that thing off. It would require a long neck and a heck of a lot of presence.

Besides British weddings are day events, and the only one who would be wearing much jewelry is the bride. And I don't see either Eugenie or Meghan wearing that. Certainly not with a tiara. I guess they could opt for that instead of a tiara but highly unlikely.

GD Maria Teresa will not attend the state visit to Japan due her fear of flying. Princess Alexandra is going instead.

New tiara prediction: Diamond Vines or small floral

Not only is it way out of style, but I don't see any current royal being able to pull that thing off. It would require a long neck and a heck of a lot of presence.

Besides British weddings are day events, and the only one who would be wearing much jewelry is the bride. And I don't see either Eugenie or Meghan wearing that. Certainly not with a tiara. I guess they could opt for that instead of a tiara but highly unlikely.

If it weren't so tall, I could imagine it on Camilla. She loves a choker and is not afraid to really pour on the diamonds. But That particular choker is so tall and so stiff that anyone with an average length neck would likely feel quite strangled by it.

Opened up and used as a 'buckle' on a belt around a SIMPLE column dress the 'love trophy' necklace would work well, but otherwise I fear it is impracticable these days.

Last edited:
I think Alexandra will wear the large diamond tiara in Japan.

GD Maria Teresa will not attend the state visit to Japan due her fear of flying. Princess Alexandra is going instead.

New tiara prediction: Diamond Vines or small floral

God bless MT...I am a white knuckle flyer myself. Japan is a looong way away from the Grand Duchy!:sad:

Princess Alexandra will be a lovely stand in for her mother.

Please stay on topic. What you would like to see on the Duchess of Cornwall can be discussed in this thread:
Duchess of Cornwall: Other BRF jewels we would like to see Camilla use

Princess Alexandra going on a State Visit, now, that is something! I do hope that she will go for a special tiara. The wine leaves tiara would be a gorgeous choice, imho. But I think that the family has set it apart as the wedding tiara for the children of the GD couple. Claire wore it as bridal tiara, Stephanie wore it at her pre-wedding night, Tessy wore it kind of belatedly around her 10th wedding day.

I'd like to see the Belgian scroll tiara of GD Josephine Charlotte on her. It's important without being to overbearing, and it's all-white. And it would would suit her imo.

Belgian Scroll would be a nostalgic choice although MT has kept it to herself since (I assume) Henri inherited it. GD Josephine-Charlotte wore it to the last Japan-Lux state visit in 1999.

The Diamond Vines has been worn to state visits recently: Romania (Stephanie) and Finland (Maria Teresa) in 2016.

My tiara guess/wish for this month:

Queen Margrethe in Ghana
Golden poppies / Turquoise daisy bandeau

Representation dinner in Sweden
Queen Silvia
Connaught diamond tiara / Ruby tiara

Princess Sofia
Wedding emerald tiara / Diamond six-button tiara

Princess Alexandra in Japan
Diamond vine leaves tiara / Aquamarine bandeau tiara with the whole set

Queen Margrethe in Ghana
It's unlikely that the dress code will allow for a tiara, so my guess is that she won't wear one.

Representation dinner in Sweden
Queen Silvia
I guess it will be the nine prongs tiara, but I hope for something more interesting.

Princess Sofia
Imo it's time to wear her wedding tiara again

Princess Alexandra in Japan
I hope that the vine leaves tiara will be reserved for her eventual wedding. As we talk about a visit to Japan, I assume that she won't wear coloured stones, as to blend in with the Japanese Court. The choker-tiara would be an all-white option, and Princess Alexandra has already worn it for a National Day gala. She also has worn the small floral tiara several times, but I hope for something a bit more substantial in Japan.
Princess Sibylla once loaned the Belgian scroll tiara. Admittedly that was while DG Josephine Charlotte was still alive, but I still think that this tiara is a possibility for Alexandra.

For the representation dinner, i suspect it will mostly be "business as usual".

Silvia : Connaught Diamond Tiara

Sofia : Wedding Tiara

Christina (if she attends, she is never mentioned in the calendar) : 4-button Tiara or Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara.

My guesses for Nobel

10:th December

Silvia : Nine Prong Tiara (would be lovely to see her debut in the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Princess Lilian)

Victoria : Baden Fringe Tiara (would be lovely to see her debut in the Pink Topaz Demi Parure)

Sofia : Would love to see her debut in the Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara. Would look so good in her dark hair.

Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

Christina (if she attends) : 4-Button Tiara

11:th December

Victoria : Princess Lilians Laurel Wreath Tiara

Madeleine : 4-Button Tiara.

Christina (if she attends) : Modern Fringe Tiara.

Last edited:
For the representation dinner, i suspect it will mostly be "business as usual".

Christina (if she attends, she is never mentioned in the calendar) : 4-button Tiara or Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara.

I would like to second that guess. Business as usual, and saving the treats for the Nobels.

Nice too see the Queen wearing the Amethysts �� Did not expect that.

I think Sofias Wedding tiara looked better in this all diamond version.

(And the King looks like he has just catched a thief at the supermarket and is waiting for the police to arrive)

Nice too see the Queen wearing the Amethysts �� Did not expect that.

I think Sofias Wedding tiara looked better in this all diamond version.

I'm a big amethyst fan, but I'm not sure if it was the best pick to go with the red dress..

And yes, I agree about Sofias tiara. I was never a fan of the emerald version.

I'm a big amethyst fan, but I'm not sure if it was the best pick to go with the red dress..

And yes, I agree about Sofias tiara. I was never a fan of the emerald version.

I agree about the dress but I'm mostly happy that she for once picked something else than her usual 3 (sapphire/connaught diamond/nine prong) ;) Maybe we can hope than that she will surprise us once moore then and show us the Cameo tiara for Nobel ;)

I agree about the dress but I'm mostly happy that she for once picked something else than her usual 3 (sapphire/connaught diamond/nine prong) ;) Maybe we can hope than that she will surprise us once moore then and show us the Cameo tiara for Nobel ;)

That would be great! The Cameo should be taken out for a spin more often, and Nobel is a perfect time to start ?

My wish list for Nobel:
Silvia - Cameo
Victoria - the Ruby tiara
Sofia - Amethysts
Madeleine - The Baden Fringe

(I didn't say that I think this will actually happen, but a girl can wish).

That would be great! The Cameo should be taken out for a spin more often, and Nobel is a perfect time to start ?

My wish list for Nobel:
Silvia - Cameo
Victoria - the Ruby tiara
Sofia - Amethysts
Madeleine - The Baden Fringe

(I didn't say that I think this will actually happen, but a girl can wish).

It's a mystery why they use the Cameo so rarely. Maybe it's fragile but it can't be in bad quality as Victoria could wear it without any issues for a whole day at her wedding.

I would love to see Sofia wear the Amethyst tiara with the hair loose like Madeleine wore it a couple of years ago.

Yes it should be time to finally put the past controversy about the Connaught Ruby Tiara behind us now. The King is proven to be the rightful owner and thus the Royal family should use it. I don't think the Kings aunt-in-law Countess Marianne Bernadotte would have anything against Crown Princess Victoria wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom