The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Confirmation from Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will attend both days. So my Tiara guesses for (hopefully) two tiara events

Q. Silvia. Leuchtenberg Parure& Connaught Tiara ( i still hope for the ruby tiara or the braganza)

CP Victoria. Baden Fringe & Amethyst ( i also could imagine the Connaught)

P. Sofia. Wedding Tiara & 4 Button

Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I could be missing some but here are some potential tiara events in 2018:

Felipe's 50th birthday, January
Frederik's 50th birthday, May
Harald and Sonja's wedding anniversary, August
Charles's 70th birthday, November

Although the only tiara event likely to happen is Harald and Sonja's anniversary.
I guess None of these Events will be a Tiara Event. the spanish royals never celebrate birthdays ( maybe some official pictues with Tiara/sash and so will FINALLY published ) Prince Frederik is just the heir, so maybe a party with long dresses. I dont expect any celebrations for the 50th wedding anniversary ( for several reasons) I guess Charles bday will be celebrated similiar like his 60th birthday, long dresses..

Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

I could imagine the Dutch court will release a few oficial pictures of King Willem Alexander, Maybe they will also publish a picture of Queen Maxima with a Tiara. I think she will wear the Sapphire or Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

Confirmation From Denmark the Queen, Mary and Frederik on both days. Prince Joachim & Princess Marie will attend just on 10th may .
my Guesses.
Q. Margrethe, Pearl Poire & Aigrette
CP Mary. New Tiara and Midnight Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara
Old 04-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Confirmation from Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will attend both days. So my Tiara guesses for (hopefully) two tiara events

Q. Silvia. Leuchtenberg Parure& Connaught Tiara ( i still hope for the ruby tiara or the braganza)

CP Victoria. Baden Fringe & Amethyst ( i also could imagine the Connaught)

P. Sofia. Wedding Tiara & 4 Button

The Gala dinner on May 9 will be a white-tie tiara event, but the May 10 dinner will probably be black tie with no tiaras.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Gala dinner on May 9 will be a white-tie tiara event, but the May 10 dinner will probably be black tie with no tiaras.
I think that is a fair guess, too bad. But nice to see such extensive celebrations anyway.

Q Sonja - Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara
CP Mette-Marit - Pearl and Diamond Tiara
P Märtha Louise - Amethyst Tiara
P Astrid - Turquoise Tiara
Q Silvia - Leuchtenberg parure
CP Victoria - Connaught Tiara
P Sofia - Four button tiara - so hard, she has surprised us very much lately.
Q Margrethe - Aigrette tiara
CP Mary - New tiara

Who knows? Maybe the Norwegian ladies surprise us and introduces us to some new pieces? Maybe something from late Princess Raghild's collections, it would be a nice tribute to her and and to remember her on such an evening.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Sonja
my wish: Queen Maud's diamond tiara
likely. THe emeralds or the Desiree tiara

Crown Mette-Marit:
wish: Queen maud's diamond and perarl tiara in full setting
likely: the diamond bandeau or if we are lucky the amethysts

Princess Märtha Louise:
wish: the star wars tiara
likely. her 18th birthday gift tiara

Pricness Astrid:
the turqioses
Old 04-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

The star wars tiara would be very interesting on Princess Märtha Louise. She's the one person who might be able to make it work! And she seems more keen on experimenting with tiaras than CP Mette-Marit. If we are lucky, one of the two will wear the small version of the pearl tiara again.

The absolute stunner would be to see either the pink tourmaline parure of Countess Estelle (some reports say that it's now with the NRF, others say it's with the SRF). Or one of the late Princess Ragnhild's tiaras.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:42 AM
Majesty

My guesses for Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: large floral tiara
Stephanie: amethyst tiara
Claire: Aquamarine tiara
Alexandra: Adelaide tiara

I hope for some surprises, like Maria Teresa in the Empire tiara, and Stephanie in her wedding tiara or the aquamarine tiara.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Majesty

I don't know why but there is something about the empire which just looks wrong in MT. Looking at photos, often looks like a bad photo shop.

Not sure we will see the Lannoy tiara on Stephanie. It's her families piece. Unlike Diana who wore her family as a lighter option to the lovers knot, Stephanie has options in the royal vaults. Do hope to see her change it up.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't know why but there is something about the empire which just looks wrong in MT. Looking at photos, often looks like a bad photo shop.

Not sure we will see the Lannoy tiara on Stephanie. It's her families piece. Unlike Diana who wore her family as a lighter option to the lovers knot, Stephanie has options in the royal vaults. Do hope to see her change it up.
Although I love the might of the Empire Ive never really liked it on MT especially not when she wore it at Victorias wedding. That is, until years later when I saw pics of MT from the side and from the back which made me fall head over heels in love with her look on that day.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

The Luxembourgers are great tiara sharers, so there's a good chance to see the odd first-timer. I really hope that Claire and Alexandra will attend the gala again, and I mourn for not seeing Tessy.

Now, this is more of a wish than a guess, but it it goes:
MT: the wine leafs tiara
Stephanie: the aquamarine bandeau
Claire: the small floral tiara
Alexandra: the emerald peacock tiara

Old 05-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Majesty

MT: Belgian scroll
Stephanie: Aquamarine
Claire: citrine/topaz tiara
Alexandra: peacock

What I would like to see
Old 05-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Luxembourgers are great tiara sharers, so there's a good chance to see the odd first-timer. I really hope that Claire and Alexandra will attend the gala again, and I mourn for not seeing Tessy.

Now, this is more of a wish than a guess, but it it goes:
MT: the wine leafs tiara
Stephanie: the aquamarine bandeau
Claire: the small floral tiara
Alexandra: the emerald peacock tiara

I doubt all of the above will attend the gala.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Why the whole family usually attends the national gala every year.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not really. It's only been the whole family in 2015 and 2016 at the national gala. Those who attend the daytime events don't always attend the gala. At least the Cour/media has gotten better about photos in recent years.

2007: Henri, MT, Felix
2008: Henri, MT, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy
2009: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Felix
2010: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy
2011: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy, Sebastien? There's a photo Alexandra in the Citrine/Topaz tiara but I haven't seen a group photo.
2012: No gala photos although everyone except Sebastien attended the daytime events
2013: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Stephanie
2014: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Stephanie, Louis, Sebastien
2015: whole family
2016: whole family

My guesses for Luxembourg National Day 2017:
MT: Diamond Vine
Stephanie: Chaumet choker
Claire: Emerald Art Deco
Alexandra: GD Adelaide
Old 05-03-2017, 04:49 AM
Majesty

2013 Claire was not yet married to attend. In 2014 she had given birth a week before so little surprise she didn't attend. Alexandra was a student abroad and was not unknown to miss events. Neither are the case this year with either woman, well Alexandra but Ireland is much closer, no reason to think they won't.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Of course I didn't expect Claire to attend 2013 or 2014. I was merely pointing out "whole family at gala" isn't usually true. Alexandra is likely to attend and despite being aboard for several years, she attended National Day (any part) more often than not. Except for the GD and HGD couples, everyone else is a bonus.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Here my guesses for the upcoming Tiara Events in May 2017

Birthday in Oslo:
Q. Sonja. Josephine Diamond Tiara
CP Mette Marit, Amethyst Tiara
P.Märtha Louise Queen Maud Pearl Tiara
P. Astrid Queen Mauds Turquise Tiara
( i dont expect any Tiara Suprise but i think it would be nice to see someone in Q.Maud Diamond Tiara or Märtha Louise/Mette with the Modern Gold Tiara

Q.Silvia Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
CP Victoria Six Button /Laurel Wreath
P.Sofia Amethyst Tiara
( I really hope Q.Silvia will suprise us and wears the Edward VII Ruby Tiara, I think its hard to say which Tiara Victoria might wear but also possible would be Connaught Tiara imo.

Q. Margrethe Aigrette
CP Mary Midnight Tiara/ her new Tiara
( The Midnigt Tiara seems to be something like a bday Tiara for Mary, i hope she will not wear the gold headpiece she wore in sweden last year)

Q.Mathilde Wolfers Tiara or Base of 9 Province

GD Maria Teresa Belgian Scroll
HGD Stephanie Topaz & pearl Tiara

My guess for not confirmed Guests.
Q.Maxima Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara/ Peacock Tiara ( i would like to see the smal sapphire Tiara
P.Beatrix. Q.Emma Diamond Tiara
P.Mabel. Her wedding Tiara

Q.Anne Marie Greek Ruby Tiara
P.Marie Chantal Fringe Tiara

D.Camilla. Cubitt Shand Tiara

I dont think Charlene or Benedikte will attend but we will see..

My guess for Luxembourg Nationalday
GD Maria Teresa. Vine Leaves Tiara
HGD Stephanie Amethyst Bandeau
P. Claire Ruby Parure

My Guess for Swedish State Visit to Indonesia
Q.Silvia Conaught Tiara
( I remember Margrethe wore a Tiara in Indonesia so i guess Silvia wears a Tiara too)

State visit from Portugal to Luxembourg
GD Maria Teresa- Aquamarine Bandeau
GDH Stephanie Butterfly Tiara

Diplomtic Dinner in Netherlands i guess around 20th may
Q,Maxima I think its the Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara but it will depend what she wears in Norway imo. I hope its not again the Ruby Parure..
P. Beatrix Pearl Button
P.Magriet Dutch Emerald Pearl Tiara
Old 05-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

I will wait for the guest list to be published by the Norwegian court before I post my guesses for the Birthday party. I do hope the Ladies will wear some nice jewelry on Wednesday too, it's a pity that one isn't white tie. I'm looking forward to see all your guesses! It will be a very good night for us jewelry lovers I think!