Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be hers by right, not in the private collection of someone who is no longer the Queen and probably has little occasion to wear tiaras anyway.

I think Sofia should have promptly handed them over the minute her husband abdicated.

The joyas de pasar did automatically pass to Letizia on Felipe assuming the throne, so I suspect they were indeed "promptly handed them over the minute her husband abdicated"

It should be hers by right, not in the private collection of someone who is no longer the Queen and probably has little occasion to wear tiaras anyway.

As Mbruno quitre rightly pointed out, most of the tiaras are indeed in the private collection of Juan Carlos and Sofia, so they are indeed, theirs to use and dispose off as they deem appropriately.

But why should the Queen have to go, hat in hand so to speak, to borrow a tiara?

She does not, she has 2 tiaras that she has direct and unfettered access to. The rest are for her to borrow, if she so chooses.

Here are my state banquet tiara predictions:

QE - Oriental Circlet
QL - La Buena
Duch. of Cornwall - Delhi Durbar
Duch. of Cambridge - Cartier Halo
Sophie Wessex - Five Aquamarine
Princess Anne - Greek meander (not double meander)
Duchess of Gloucester - Cartier Oriental
Princess Michael of Kent - diamond fringe
Duchess of Kent - sapphire and diamond tiara
Princess Alexandra - her regular floral, with pearl theme

I have a few long shots here, but what the heck!

Here are my state banquet tiara predictions:

QE - Oriental Circlet
QL - La Buena
Duch. of Cornwall - Delhi Durbar
Duch. of Cambridge - Cartier Halo
Sophie Wessex - Five Aquamarine
Princess Anne - Greek meander (not double meander)
Duchess of Gloucester - Cartier Oriental
Princess Michael of Kent - diamond fringe
Duchess of Kent - sapphire and diamond tiara
Princess Alexandra - her regular floral, with pearl theme

I have a few long shots here, but what the heck!

Are you sure the Duchess of Cambridge is going? I am hoping she does.

I'm pretty sure both Cambridges will be there...and Harry.

LaRae

Anyone want to guess what prince Philip of Serbias future wife will wear on her wedding day? I don't know much about their tiaras.

His Mother Maria da Gloria wore no tiara on het Wedding day.
Her Mother had jewels but I don't know how they share them;

My guess for upcoming Tiara Events

Dutch state Visit to Portugal.
Q.Maxima. Antique pearls

State Visit from Kazakhstan to Sweden
Q.Silfia- 9Prong
CP. Victoria- Cut Steel
P. Sofia ( i dont think she will attend) 4 button

Government Dinner Norway.
Q.Sonja Queen Maud Pearls
CP. MM Amethyst

State Visit from Israel to Spain
Q.Letizia Floral Tiara ( i just hope she will wear something different, maybe the prussian or her own Fleur de lys)

I also predict Maxima will wear the antique pearl tiara during the Portuguese visit.

My guess for upcoming Tiara Events

State Visit from Israel to Spain
[/B]Q.Letizia Floral Tiara ( i just hope she will wear something different, maybe the prussian or her own Fleur de lys)

When is this supposed to happen? I only read that Felipe had invited Israeli President during Simon Peres' funeral but afaik nothing official has been stated since then.

My prediction:
Máxima in Portugal: Antique Pearl Tiara
President of Kazakhstan visit: Victoria - Connaught Tiara, Silvia - Sapphire Leuchtenberg Tiara, Sofia and Madeleine will not attend
President of Israel visit: Letizia - Ansorena Tiara

My prediction:
Máxima in Portugal: Antique Pearl Tiara
President of Kazakhstan visit: Victoria - Connaught Tiara, Silvia - Sapphire Leuchtenberg Tiara, Sofia and Madeleine will not attend
President of Israel visit: Letizia - Ansorena Tiara
I think Max will wear the Peacock Ruby tiara in Portugal

I predict Letizia will wear the floral tiara for the visit from Israel.

Anyone has any predictions on the tiara of choice Nicolas of romanias future wife will wear?

Last edited:
Any has any predictions on the tiara of choice Nicolas of romanias future wife will wear?

If she wears one it will be the greek key tiara in the posession of the romanian RF.

I doubt very much that she will wear one.

If she wears one it will be the greek key tiara in the posession of the romanian RF.

His grandfather kicked him out of his line of succession, revoked his membership of the Royal House, took away his princely title, all apparently on instigation of his aunt Princess Margareta and Radu, while his mother Princess Elena and his sister Elisabeth remained stoney silent about this "treatment". And now we have to expect the bride of Nicolas Medforth Mills to wear a sparkling diadem from the same Royal House which publicly desavoued him? Seems unlikely to me.

Princess Margareta on her wedding day picture

Princess Margareta in gala attire picture

Last edited:
His grandfather kicked him out of his line of succession, revoked his membership of the Royal House, took away his princely title, all apparently on instigation of his aunt Princess Margareta and Radu, while his mother Princess Elena and his sister Elisabeth remained stoney silent about this "treatment". And now we have to expect the bride of Nicolas Medforth Mills to wear a sparkling diadem from the same Royal House which publicly desavoued him? Seems unlikely to me.

Princess Margareta on her wedding day picture

Princess Margareta in gala attire picture

First if you read my post i said "If she wears one" and second we don't know if it was really Princess Margarita and her husband who where behind the decision to remove Nicholas from the line of succession and remove his Princely Title from .

The colours of the Portugese flag are red and green. I hope Queen Máxima will wear a green dress with the full Mellerio ruby parure, including the big central corsage (picture)

Of course the full Peacock Parure including the recently re-appeared mirroring collier (picture) would be fantastic too.

Or the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting (with 11 upright pearls, picture) or with a reduced pearl setting (with 5 upright pearls, picture) would be nice too.

'Red and green should never be seen' ;)

It would be nice indeed but I suspect she will go for a more modest tiara / jewel appearance. Perhaps the unfortunate emerald tiara or Queen Anna's pearls. The sash of the Order of Christ is red, so a tiara with rubies may be an option after all.

Last edited:
'Red and green are never to be seen' ;)

It would be nice indeed but I suspect she will go for a more modest tiara / jewel appearance. Perhaps the unfortunate emerald tiara or Queen Anna's pearls. The sash of the Order of Christ is red, so a tiara with rubies may be an option after all.

I can not find the picture on ANP Historisch Archief (the new site is a drama) but I seem to remember that Queen Beatrix wore one of her biggest diadems in Portugal (the grand diamond-and-sapphire diadem).

Some Royal Weddings to come:
Serbia , I hope jewels from Maria da Gloria
Luxembourg , the same tiara as the other Brides
Prussia / von Leiningen ?

Some Royal Weddings to come:
Serbia , I hope jewels from Maria da Gloria
Luxembourg , the same tiara as the other Brides
Prussia / von Leiningen ?

For the Luxembourg Wedding in also think that Princess Maire-Gabrielle will wear the small floral tiara which worn by the daughter and daughter-in-law of Princess Marie Astrid.
As for the Leiningen-Prussia Wedding i thin k it would be nice if Prince Georg Friedrich would loan his cousin the prussian meander tiara which was also worn by their grandmother Kira at her Wedding.

'Red and green should never be seen' ;)

I think her Tiara choice will depend which order she will receive. As much i can remember Q.Silfia and other Royals received Order of Prince Henry (black/blue/white) during a state visit to Portugal, during a second state visit Royals recived order of Christ (red).
Maybe she will suprise and wears Diamond Bandeu or Again Ruby Parure..

I hope to see the diamond laurel wreath diadem on Queen Máxima, one of my favorite diadems in the Dutch collection. She has never worn it so far.

Picture of the diadem

Yes its strange that Queen Máxima has not worn the Dutch laurel wreath Tiara so far.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania will pay a state visit to netherlands in November.. Its hard to guess what both Queens might wear.. The Sapphir Tiara dont work with the Jordan sash. So my guess

Q.Maxima Ruby Parure/ Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara
Q.Rania ( please not the Bracelet Tiara, but i guess it is)
P.Beatrix, Diamond Bandeau
P.Magriet, Pearl Button Tiara

In 2006 Queen Rania wore this tiara, not the bracelet fortunately.

I am also going for the Wurttemberg for Queen Maxima, Queen Anna's pearls for Pss Beatrix, the laurel tiara for Laurentien and the buttons for Pss Margriet.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania will pay a state visit to netherlands in November.. Its hard to guess what both Queens might wear.. The Sapphir Tiara dont work with the Jordan sash. So my guess

Q.Maxima Ruby Parure/ Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara
Q.Rania ( please not the Bracelet Tiara, but i guess it is)
P.Beatrix, Diamond Bandeau
P.Magriet, Pearl Button Tiara
Max could wear the emerald parure as well. She may not consider the tiara grand enough for a royal state visit, but it would certainly match.

She could also wear one of the two ruby Parures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom