Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wit a dresscode who has suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not even Máxima can wear a tiara for a State Banquet at the Elysee.
I have also read that there are rumours about a spanish State Visit to the UK. If they are true then i think it is likely we will see Letizia in one of the bigger tiaras.
Exactly. But she might do what Silvia did. Silvia had a big brooch in her hair. So Maxima can still bling it up! :)

It will be interesting to see which tiara Sofia will wear at the tunesian State Visit. If she wears her Wedding tiara again or of the other smaller tiara's from the Family foundation. For the Queen i guess either the nine pronge or the Connaught tiara and Victoria the baden fringe tiara or the Cut steel tiara.

I actually think the Amethyst Tiara would look really great on Sofia combined w/a great updo. I don't think we'll see it on her for quite awhile of course, but JMO. :). I also believe we'll be seeing Sofia wearing her Wedding Tiara for the foreseeable future.

Incidentally, I came across the same rumor yesterday about a possible Spanish state visit to the UK. The rioyal houses of the UK and Spain have good relations at the personal level, but the Gibraltar issue remains a permanent focus of tension between the two countries.

True, but sometimes Royals can smooth paths where usual channels can not. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think that Sofia will wear the emerald tiara a couple of times before she wears a Bernadotte tiara for the first time. Given that Madeleine hasn't worn anything other than her modern fringe for a long time, I think that the other tiaras are meant for rare occasions. Maybe she'll wear something else for the Kings birthday next year?

I think that depends. For example Princess Christina often wore one the the tiara's from the Family foundation to Nobel even when she still had her own tiara. And Princess Llian wore also from very erly in her marriage Family tiaras. I could imagine for example the four-button tiara for Sofia for the start.
At the belgian State Visit to NL it will be interesting to see who attends from the dutch Rf. I would be great to see Constantijn and Laurentien attending but then i fear that perhaps Margriet and Pieter would not attend.
I found just that on 22.10. the annual Gald Dinner for the Storing will be hosted by the King and Queen of Norway. The King and Queen, the Crown Pricnelöy Couple and Princess Astrid are to attend.

I think that depends. For example Princess Christina often wore one the the tiara's from the Family foundation to Nobel even when she still had her own tiara. And Princess Llian wore also from very erly in her marriage Family tiaras. I could imagine for example the four-button tiara for Sofia for the start.
At the belgian State Visit to NL it will be interesting to see who attends from the dutch Rf. I would be great to see Constantijn and Laurentien attending but then i fear that perhaps Margriet and Pieter would not attend.
I found just that on 22.10. the annual Gald Dinner for the Storing will be hosted by the King and Queen of Norway. The King and Queen, the Crown Pricnelöy Couple and Princess Astrid are to attend.

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien have taken over from Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven on Prinjesdag. It is just natural that they also replace them at state dinners. I believe Princess Beatrix will attend the Belgian state dinner though if there is actually one next year.

Going back to the rumored Spanish state visit to the UK, I wonder if the PoW's alleged reticence to be seen with young kings will be an issue. It would be interesting to see Charles and Camilla bowing/curtsying to Felipe VI and Queen Letizia !

I think and hope that we will see Princess Sofia in a different tiara during the Nobel ceremony and banquet this year. I think that it isn't impossible as she might wear her Emerald Wedding Tiara for the Tunisian state banquet, and again for the King's Dinner on December 11th. The Four Botton Tiara is the most likely in my opinion. So this is my combined predictions/wishes for the Nobels:

Silvia
10 - Cameo Parure
11 - Connaught Tiara
Victoria
10 - Amethyst Tiara
11 - Princess Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara
Madeleine
10 - Modern Fringe Tiara
11 - Aquamarine Bandeau
Sofia
10 - Four Botton Tiara
11 - Emerald Wedding Tiara
Christina
10 - Aquamarine Kokshink Tiara
11 - Six Button Tiara

It would be lovely if at the swedish events - the state visit and the Nobel festivities - princess Lilian's jewellery would be seen, since at the end of August came 100 years of her birth. So I hope that Victoria will wear the Laurel Wreath Tiara at least one of the events and that Queen Silvia would surprise us and finally wear the Scarab necklace, during the Tunisian state visit.

It would be lovely if at the swedish events - the state visit and the Nobel festivities - princess Lilian's jewellery would be seen, since at the end of August came 100 years of her birth. So I hope that Victoria will wear the Laurel Wreath Tiara at least one of the events and that Queen Silvia would surprise us and finally wear the Scarab necklace, during the Tunisian state visit.

That would indeed be a lovely tribute!

Incidentally, I came across the same rumor yesterday about a possible Spanish state visit to the UK. The royal houses of the UK and Spain have good relations at the personal level, but the Gibraltar issue remains a permanent focus of tension between the two countries.
It's the 'job' of State Visits to overcome such tensions with the means of diplomacy, so I truely hope that these rumours are true. I would so much love to see Letizia in one of the bigger tiaras. Imo the Cartier tiara of Queen Ena would be most likely, Ena was a British princess after all! And I think that out of the big ones, it would look best on Queen Letizia.
Exactly. But she might do what Silvia did. Silvia had a big brooch in her hair. So Maxima can still bling it up! :)
In South Korea Queen Maxima wore two lovely bow brooches at a banquet with similar dress code, so I believe that she will think of something for China. She has already tried various brooches in her hair, form butterfly to wheat ears, so I can imagine a lot of possibilities to add some bling.
I actually think the Amethyst Tiara would look really great on Sofia combined w/a great updo. I don't think we'll see it on her for quite awhile of course, but JMO. :). I also believe we'll be seeing Sofia wearing her Wedding Tiara for the foreseeable future.
It seems that the 4 buttons tiara is seen as a kind of starter tiara for Swedish Princesses, and I think that this will be the first Bernadotte tiara that we will see on Sofia. As for the amethyst tiara, I fear that it will look awfully wide on her, as the circlet has a very large diameter. Imo she would have to invent a really good hairstyle to make it look good, otherwise it will drown her.
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien have taken over from Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven on Prinjesdag. It is just natural that they also replace them at state dinners. I believe Princess Beatrix will attend the Belgian state dinner though if there is actually one next year.[...]

It seems that the 4 buttons tiara is seen as a kind of starter tiara for Swedish Princesses, and I think that this will be the first Bernadotte tiara that we will see on Sofia. As for the amethyst tiara, I fear that it will look awfully wide on her, as the circlet has a very large diameter. Imo she would have to invent a really good hairstyle to make it look good, otherwise it will drown her.

I think the four button tiara is the most likely one because it is one of the smaller tiaras which is usally worn by more of the Bernadotte woman. Another smaller one would be the Baden fringe tiara but as this one is according to Queen Victoria's wish mostly worn by the Crown pricness i don't see her use that to one to soon. But another of the smaller and easier to wear tiaras would be the smaller cut steel tiara.

That would be a great tribute, and I'd really like to see the laurel tiara and the scarab necklace again. Though it would also be great if the laurel tiara were seen as a necklace again. Imo it doesn't work too good as a tiara, especially with Victoria's sleek hair. But it makes a beautiful necklace!

Ok I'm leaving for a while from the Swedish mood and come to today's event in Poland. I saw that the program mentions as Dinner this means not tiara to Mathilde; If so I hope at least to other wonderful jewelry.

TIARA ALERT! Mathilde wears a tiara tonight in Poland! I only saw a few blurry pics on twitter, but it's NOT the Nine Provinces and not the Laurel Wreath (She wears the Laurel wreath as a necklace in fact)!! Soooo.. New tiara for Mathilde! Seems to be small and diamond.

She wears the Armani gown from Victoria's wedding I think.

Wim Dehandschutter and his photos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/media

TIARA ALERT! Mathilde wears a tiara tonight in Poland! I only saw a few blurry pics on twitter, but it's NOT the Nine Provinces and not the Laurel Wreath (She wears the Laurel wreath as a necklace in fact)!! Soooo.. New tiara for Mathilde! Seems to be small and diamond.

She wears the Armani gown from Victoria's wedding I think.

Wim Dehandschutter and his photos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/media

Queen Fabiola had a small diamond necklace tiara. Could it be that tiara ?

PS: I couldn't see the Twitter photos.

Queen Fabiola had a small diamond necklace tiara. Could it be that tiara ?

PS: I couldn't see the Twitter photos.

I'm sorry, it doesn't work to copy the photos actually in this case.
Now perhaps?
https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/653984215927799808

It can be Queen Fabiola's Wolfers tiara. That would be awesome! It would mean that Mathilde inherited Fabiolas tiara's! We could see the huge Spanish tiara on Mathilde too in the near future if this is Fabiola's tiara indeed!

Wow, I didn't expect a tiara at all, and she wears two! It's clearly the laurel tiara as necklace. But the 'real' tiara? To me it looks different from the Wolfers, bigger. But that might be the hair? I'm excitedly waiting for better pics!

Wow, I didn't expect a tiara at all, and she wears two! It's clearly the laurel tiara as necklace. But the 'real' tiara? To me it looks different from the Wolfers, bigger. But that might be the hair? I'm excitedly waiting for better pics!
It's the Wolfers. :)

If Catherine attends the Chinese state visit dinner, I predict she will wear the Lotus tiara. The last time she wore this tiara we did not get great photos, so I'm hoping she will wear this.

If Catherine attends the Chinese state visit dinner, I predict she will wear the Lotus tiara. The last time she wore this tiara we did not get great photos, so I'm hoping she will wear this.

I hope she does as well- I think that tiara would look lovely on her. It's delicate and pretty and looks comfortable to wear.

Chinese State Banquet

HM The Queen - Oriental Circlet with Crown Rubies
Catherine - Halo Tiara with Greville Waterfall Necklace
Anne - Meander Tiara with Edwardian Swag Necklace
Sophie - Modern Aquamarine Tiara

Chinese State Banquet

There is a necklace called "Swag necklace"? :p Hahha! That's amazing :p

And which is the Waterfall necklace? :)

There is a necklace called "Swag necklace"? :p Hahha! That's amazing :p

And which is the Waterfall necklace? :)

If any of the Windsor's has swag it's definitely Anne

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Chinese State Banquet

OK let's the guessing start.

Queen - The girls of Great Britain and Ireland
Cathrerine - Lotus Flower
Anne - Greek Key Pattern(Meander)
Sophie - Her Wedding Tiara

I just hope of course to see them :D

But on the other there is however the possibility because it is the first state banquet to Catherine the Queen to give her a new tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK let's the guessing start.

Queen - The girls of Great Britain and Ireland
Cathrerine - Lotus Flower
Anne - Greek Key Pattern(Meander)
Sophie - Her Wedding Tiara

I just hope of course to see them :D

Catherine should be given a more significant tiara. I'm afraid the Queen might not do that though to avoid looking like she is demoting Camilla.

Catherine should be given a more significant tiara. I'm afraid the Queen might not do that though to avoid looking like she is demoting Camilla.
I doubt the queen will loan another tiara. Shes rather stingy with that :p I mean, Diana was only loaned one, Sophie (who's her favourite) has 2 (or is it 3??) and Camilla has only used 2 during all these years. So it would be unusual for Kate to have the use of more than 2 right now. But I would love to be proven wrong :)

But on the other there is however the possibility because it is the first state banquet to Catherine the Queen to give her a new tiara.
Yes, ofc it's possible :) I would just bet on her useing one of the 2 she's already used. And maybe the queen will loan her some other jewels?

Given that the Chinese regard Red as a symbol of good luck, I think we shall see Rubies feature quite heavily amongst the jewels worn at the State banquet.. HMQ has plenty, but for Catherine the only option is a necklace with rather pallid stones, that dont really 'read' as red. Sadly I don't have a close up picture.

However HM could lend her the magnificent Boucheron necklace that has remained unworn for many years [deep cleavage 'issues' ?], which would look spectacular on Catherine, who would still have to wear a diamond tiara; as there is no ruby one suitable for her rank.

Kate - Sun Military Awards - Zimbio

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that the Chinese regard Red as a symbol of good luck, I think we shall see Rubies feature quite heavily amongst the jewels worn at the State banquet.. HMQ has plenty, but for Catherine the only option is a necklace with rather pallid stones, that dont really 'read' as red. Sadly I don't have a close up picture.

However HM could lend her the magnificent Boucheron necklace that has remained unworn for many years [deep cleavage 'issues' ?], which would look spectacular on Catherine, who would still have to wear a diamond tiara; as there is no ruby one suitable for her rank.
That Boucheron would look really great. But who knows, Kate might have a ruby parure of her own laying around :p She pulled out those emeralds recently out of nowhere so who's to say she doesn't have some big ruby jewels :)

What is her rank anyway ? If Charles and Camilla are not in attendance and Catherine attends the banquet with William, won't she be second in rank next to the Queen only ?

Last edited:
She [and William will [in the absence of Charles and Camilla] rank third, after HMQ and the DoE]. What I meant was, there is no 'small' Ruby and Diamond tiara in the Royal collection, only the Oriental Circlet and the Tudor Rose tiara, that the Queen is unlikely to loan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom