Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Silvia has worn her Sapphires 3 times in 4 months. We'll probably get the Nine prong or the Connaught diamond tiara at the wedding. Hoppfully paired with the fantastic Emerald Demi Parure. It's way too long since we saw it on Silvia.
Or with the Scarab necklace from Princess Lilian.

And now Silvia has worn her Sapphires 3 times in 4 months. We'll probably get the Nine prong or the Connaught diamond tiara at the wedding. Hoppfully paired with the fantastic Emerald Demi Parure. It's way too long since we saw it on Silvia.

And everyone has counted on her wearing the sapphires. It's less likely that she does that now, but she still has one tiara event before the wedding. If she is not wearing the sapphires it would be nice if she wore something new, or something she wore a long time ago; the amethyst tiara or Countess Estelle's tiara. More likely: The Nine prong or Connaught tiara

If King Willem Alexander's 50th birthday in 2017 is a tiara event, it would be wonderful if Maxima wore the Stuart tiara for the first at the event.

If King Willem Alexander's 50th birthday in 2017 is a tiara event, it would be wonderful if Maxima wore the Stuart tiara for the first at the event.

Would the King's 50th birthday even be a tiara event?

Or with the Scarab necklace from Princess Lilian.

500 % agree on this one ! I think it would look best together with the Connaught Ruby Tiara. Would be a perfect and unusual combination for the wedding i think.

And everyone has counted on her wearing the sapphires. It's less likely that she does that now, but she still has one tiara event before the wedding. If she is not wearing the sapphires it would be nice if she wore something new, or something she wore a long time ago; the amethyst tiara or Countess Estelle's tiara. More likely: The Nine prong or Connaught tiara

We will most likely get a Diamond tiara for the state visit from India (if there is one, the swedish government hasn't announced it yet).

I don't think she will wear the amethyst tiara to her sons wedding. Though i didn't thought she would to Crown Prince Frederiks wedding either but she did so we never know ☺️

My favourite options for her to the wedding are

1. Connaught Ruby Tiara and the Scarab Necklase.

2. Nine prong tiara and the Emerald Demi Parure (please no little Diamond collet!)

3. The whole Cameo Parure.

Ofcourse there is still a chance that she will wear the Sapphires but she usually don't wear them a lot during the same year and she has never ever worn them to a wedding.

Would the King's 50th birthday even be a tiara event?

That is a good question?. Queen Beatrix only celebrated her 60th birthday big with a black tie Ball in the Royal palace Amsterdam. And for King Willem-Aleander's 40th birthday tehre was a Dinner and Paleis het Loo also black tie.

I suppose that there is hope as the pre-inauguration dinner in 2013 was with tiaras. The first Dutch royal party with tiaras since 1966 or so.

These Scandinavian parties are usually the best. I suppose the king and queen of Norway will turn 80 in 2017, so we may see a party there too. But let's hope the Swedish king will celebrate his 70th birthday in a simular style as his 50th. It was a great party with lots of foreign royals.

I suppose that there is hope as the pre-inauguration dinner in 2013 was with tiaras. The first Dutch royal party with tiaras since 1966 or so.

These Scandinavian parties are usually the best. I suppose the king and queen of Norway will turn 80 in 2017, so we may see a party there too. But let's hope the Swedish king will celebrate his 70th birthday in a simular style as his 50th. It was a great party with lots of foreign royals.

There will also be the King of Nortway's Silver Jubliee in janaury 2016 but i think if it is celebrated bigger that then only the scandinavian royals will be there.

[...]

And Het Loo is in splendid state, the Royal Palace Amsterdam is in splendid state (restored), Huis ten Bosch will be in splendid state (under restoration right now), the King's Barge will be in splendid state (under restoration now), the Glass State Carriage is in splendid state (just restored), as is the Crème Calèche (not used since splendid restoration). Amsterdam will be "finished" (extension of the metro, renewal of the streets around Dam Square). The King will be in the fourth year of his Reign when he is 50, so to see the royal couple meets good approval. The great festivities in Amsterdam (diadems in the Rijksmuseum, long day robes during day at the Investiture, long evening robes for the King's Water Pageant) seems an indication that we might be in for an oldfashioned surprise.

:flowers:

^^^^^^^ in which case i also predict the usual discussions about the money spend (lavished) on it ;)

Hope dies last I suppose, which is a good thing. But the counter presentation in Denmark had no tiaras, the creme calache has not been used in ages. Neither has the glass carriage. Some of the splendid palaces are closed for the public. The royal barge will be displayed in a glass box in the museum of shipping.

A celebration at het Loo may be nice indeed. Closing down much of the capital for a private birthday at this point; I do not see it happening. Esp. since the couple has a reputation for being big spenders. It is one of their weaker points. It is not always fair, if Beatrix would buy a limosine people would not question it, if WA gets one, they will emphasize the 'boys-with-toys' factor.

Anyway, we will see. Beatrix only celebrated her 60th birthday in a big way.

Hope dies last I suppose, which is a good thing. But the counter presentation in Denmark had no tiaras, the creme calache has not been used in ages. Neither has the glass carriage. Some of the splendid palaces are closed for the public. The royal barge will be displayed in a glass box in the museum of shipping.

Heu... there have never been so many (former) royal residences open for the public as now:

- the Royal Palace in Amsterdam - has primarily a museal destination
- the Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn - has primarily a museal destination
- the Palace Soestdijk in Baarn - has primarily a museal destination
- the former Palace at the Lange Voorhout - has a museal destination

Only two royal residences remain closed for visitors:

- the Palace Noordeinde in The Hague - the 'headquarters' of the monarchy
- the Palace Huis ten Bosch in The Hague - the residence of the King

But with palaces in "splendid state" I meant that all these venues will be able for an eventual grand celebration of the King's 50th birthday.

About the King's barge I have understood it will be made use-able, which is different from being "museum-able". In the old situation the King's barge was interlocked inside the former Arsenal of the Amsterdam Admiralty. They had to break walls to get the ship outside. In the new situation the ship will be docked into a glass annex outside the building, so it will be no longer a nightmare to get the "thing" out of the building.

The Glass State Carriage, which was unveiled a few weeks ago, is restored and made use-able, which again is different from being museum-able. Who would have expected on beforehand that the royal family would organize a lavish banquet in the Rijksmuseum? Who would have guessed a massive party on such a scale (King's Water Pageant) and big event in such an eyecatching venue as the EYE alongside the broad river, even with fighter jets roaring over the royal party-gangers in show formation? It was a far cry from the street wars in 1980. Still the Prime Minister called it "A modest but festive party" (compare it what happened in Brussels and Madrid, then Amsterdam was not that 'modest' at all....)

We will see, I have the feeling the Dutch are always in for a good party. More than in 1988 (50th birthday of Queen Beatrix). Yesterday an enquête by RTL News (absolutely not a Orange-worshipping program and often a pain in the ass when it comes to finances, holiday villas, the costs of palaces and the flying over the world) revealed that 93% (!!!) of the polled persons thought King Willem-Alexander "performed" according expectations or even beyond and are so statisfied with him, that his mother Princess Beatrix is not "missed" (as Queen). That sounds like the Dutchies grant their King his big party, if he wants...

:flowers:

Last edited:
There will be the State Opening of Parliament in the UK in May And probably an State Visit from Indai to Sweden in late May. And usually in May there is the annual Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps in the Netherlands. The question is only if we will get to see pics from it.
The State Opening of Parliament is easy to guess: state diadem and Greville honeysuckle!

Wasn't the Indian SV announced by the Indian government? I hope they wouldn't do that prematurely. So I'm counting on this visit going ahead. Preferably with the Queen, CP, Madeleine & Christina in attendance.

The diplomatic corps gala in NL had picture possibilities in 2014, but I don’t think there were pictures in 2013. Or was there no reception so shortly after the King’s accession?
Mmmh, on those big events tiaras are needed for the whole family. The 4 sisters of the King often borrow some of the mid-size tiaras. So it would be great if the Queen chose a big tiara (sapphire?) and leave more choice to her sisters-in-law. Especially if the bride should wear one of the royal tiaras that would restrict the choices of the other ladies. I don’t yet give up hope for the sapphire tiara. The Queen never minds wearing the prongs x times in a row. Maybe does now the same with the sapphires.
That is a good question?. Queen Beatrix only celebrated her 60th birthday big with a black tie Ball in the Royal palace Amsterdam. And for King Willem-Aleander's 40th birthday tehre was a Dinner and Paleis het Loo also black tie.
The King does things differently from his mother, especially tiara-wise. And he had a big 40th birthday, without tiaras, but with loads of royal friends! So maybe he will re-introduce tiara events for birthdays? Or maybe not. Chances are 50/50 imo.

Wasn't the Indian SV announced by the Indian government? I hope they wouldn't do that prematurely. So I'm counting on this visit going ahead. Preferably with the Queen, CP, Madeleine & Christina in attendance.

Someone one the Glittering Royal MB also posted that the closing dates for the Guest apartements at the Royal Palace sre the same as for the eventually indian State Visit.

The diplomatic corps gala in NL had picture possibilities in 2014, but I don’t think there were pictures in 2013. Or was there no reception so shortly after the King’s accession?
I think there was a Gala Dinner but it wasn't annoucned like under Queen Bertrix the years before

Mmmh, on those big events tiaras are needed for the whole family. The 4 sisters of the King often borrow some of the mid-size tiaras. So it would be great if the Queen chose a big tiara (sapphire?) and leave more choice to her sisters-in-law. Especially if the bride should wear one of the royal tiaras that would restrict the choices of the other ladies. I don’t yet give up hope for the sapphire tiara. The Queen never minds wearing the prongs x times in a row. Maybe does now the same with the sapphires.
Perhaps she will surprise us and wear the Braganza tiara.

Yes, the Scandinavian parties still are the best. But even they seem to be downsizing their tiara events: no gala for Prince Henrik’s 80th birthday, just one tiara dinner for Queen Margrethe’s 75th BD (they used to to 3 gala events and invite all the extended family). I wonder if they will keep it up much longer? And the next generation might downsize events even more. The Dutch monarchs seem the only once stemmed against that tide, what with having the big accession party, tiaras for mere official visits and giving picture ops for the diplomatic corps galas. But they alone can’t stop the trend.
Someone one the Glittering Royal MB also posted that the closing dates for the Guest apartements at the Royal Palace sre the same as for the eventually indian State Visit.
Great! That confirms my hopes.
I think there was a Gala Dinner but it wasn't annoucned like under Queen Bertrix the years before.
Then I hope that they will stick to the protocol they developed for last year. Maxima obviously likes wearing the great old jewels, so she should have the occasions to do so:D.
Perhaps she will surprise us and wear the Braganza tiara.
I'd love to see it worn again. But I also think that my feminist self would be quite angry at her for 'only' wearing the pronger for Madeleine but getting out the Braganca for her son. She should either reserve it to the wedding of the heir or wear it for all her children. Anyway, I believe that the Branganca will be reserved for the King's 70th birthday.

Yes that was me actually. The closing schedule of the Royal Palace are actually good indications of events coming up. Especially for state visit that means that more or less all apartments have to be closed.

But for the Indian state visit it was mentioned by the Royal Mounted Guards, as a cortege on May 31 (the day the visit starts). It's okey for me if the Queen opts for the Nine Prong for this visit, overall I think the Royal ladies will do their smaller pieces. Victoria the small cut steel bandeau, Madeleine the modern fringe.

Last edited:
I'd love to see it worn again. But I also think that my feminist self would be quite angry at her for 'only' wearing the pronger for Madeleine but getting out the Braganca for her son. She should either reserve it to the wedding of the heir or wear it for all her children. Anyway, I believe that the Branganca will be reserved for the King's 70th birthday.

She will most likely not wear the braganza tiara at the wedding, though other parts of the braganza parure is a possibility.

I still don't get how she managed to have that huge head piece "on" for the whole day at Victorias wedding. She must have had headaches afterwards ;-) haha. I read that Queen Louise always complained about headaches after every time she had worn the braganza tiara.

I have a feeling that she will wear the Cameo Parure if there is a tiara dinner next year for her husbands 70:th birthday party as they celebrate their Ruby Wedding anniversary too next year.

But i hope she will resume the earlier tradition of wearing the Braganza tiara to incoming state visits from other monarches.

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Atleast Birgitta and Christina will have to borrow tiaras from that "Mystery Vault in the dark cellars deep down under the Royal Palace" ;)

Birgitta is always the most difficult one of the "Haga sisters".
The Baden fringe tiara would look good together with Birgittas huge Sapphire necklase so I'm voting for that (unless Victoria wears it but i don't think she will). Christina will probably take her favourite the 6-button.

I really hope Margareta will wear the Aquamarine tiara and that Desirée will wear the Diamond tiara she recived from Queen Louise. It's way too long since we saw any of them wear "their own" tiaras.

Last edited:
Atleast Birgitta and Christina will have to borrow tiaras from that "Mystery Vault in the dark cellars deep down under the Royal Palace" ;)

Birgitta is always the most difficult one of the "Haga sisters".
The Baden fringe tiara would look good together with Birgittas huge Sapphire necklase so I'm voting for that (unless Victoria wears it but i don't think she will). Christina will probably take her favourite the 6-button.

I really hope Margareta will wear the Aquamarine tiara and that Desirée will wear the Diamond tiara she recived from Queen Louise. It's way too long since we saw any of them wear "their own" tiaras.
Strictly speaking there are enough tiaras for everyone. But not all of them are so very nice. I'd love to see Christina with something that has no buttons in it! Princess Margareta has worn the aquamarine tiara at Victoria's wedding, so imo it's time to wear it again. And Desirée hasn't worn hers since 2007 afaik? Maybe it's time for her too to wear it again. But it really is small, so maybe she will go for something bigger from those mysterious, :dragon:-guarded vaults deep under the castle:p.
I think that Birgitta has never before worn the fringe, so that would be nice to see on her.
Christina? I think she will wear the six-buttons and I'd love to be proofed wrong.

Would love to see Christina with the amethysts as i think the colour would look great with ehr white hair. And for Birgitta the Cut Steel tiara.
I belive Margarethja has not worn the Connaught tiara so this one for her.

There are few tiara that were never worn by Pr. Christina, the amethyst and the cameo. I think we can safely rule out that she might wear the cameos. And I have a feeling that the amethyst are not to her taste. The colour would be great on her, but the tiara is a full circle and jewel itself is even wider than the base and sticks out in an awkward way. That is why this tiara often looks like a lid popped on a smaller pot. My guess is that Christina would already have worn it if it were to her taste. She has the most tiara events of all the sisters after all.

I can't imagine Birgitta with the cut steel tiara. She seems to be the sister with most interest in her 'status', would she wear a tiara made out of mere steel and now diamonds at all? Don't get me wrong, personally I love the cut steel tiara and think it's beautiful. But I can't see Birgitta with it.

Mmmh, Connaught for Marghareta, why not? Only that the tiara is my most likely contender for the bride. But if I'm wrong there it would be nice to see it worn by Marghareta.

Christina looks good in amethysts but i don't think the swedish tiara would look good in her massive white hair as it is a full circlet. Maybe the Baden fringe tiara and the amethyst bracelet-necklase and earrings could be an interesting option for her. She wore the Baden fringe tiara and the old amethyst necklase wich is now the tiara to the swedish state opening of the parliament in 1974.

Margareta would look splendid in the Connaught diamond tiara or the Connaught Ruby for that sake. Though i also see the Diamond as a more likely option for the bride if she is not wearing the Cameo.

I really really hope Birgitta goes for a small tiara this time. Or borrow something from her husbands family.
The Nine prong tiara on her was a big disaster and the Connaught Diamond tiara was a small disaster.

Last edited:
For Princess Margaretha I hope for her own aquamarine tiara because I simply love this beautiful tiara and we don't see it often enough. Also I don't think that the ruby tiara will be worn at an event where Countess Marianne will most likely be present. Anyway it has never before been loaned to other members of the RF until now.

If Birgitta wore a Hohenzollern tiara that would be a most exciting thing. It has been ages since one of their tiaras has been seen and we have never seen really good pictures of them. In fact we can't even be sure that they are still in the family. But it is unlikely imo, because Birgitta has prefered Swedish tiaras for ages.

To be honest I quite liked the Connaught tiara on Princess Birgitta and thought the size good for her. At least I would not blame the tiara for the 'small desaster', but her hairstyle. I just can't imagine any tiara looking good with that long, bushy fringe of hers.

If Birgitta wore a Hohenzollern tiara that would be a most exciting thing. It has been ages since one of their tiaras has been seen and we have never seen really good pictures of them. In fact we can't even be sure that they are still in the family. But it is unlikely imo, because Birgitta has prefered Swedish tiaras for ages.

To be honest I quite liked the Connaught tiara on Princess Birgitta and thought the size good for her. At least I would not blame the tiara for the 'small desaster', but her hairstyle. I just can't imagine any tiara looking good with that long, bushy fringe of hers.

The Hohenzollern's have at last their Clover coronet which was by Pricness Birgitta for her civil Wedding. It was on display at an exhibition at Sigmaringen Castle a gfew years ago. but i don't think Princess Birgitta will wear it. I also think the Connaught tiara looked quiet ok in her. Much much better then the nine pronge tiara.
It is a pitty that Birgitta does not put her hair up for the few tiara Events she attends then the tiaa would looke better.

The Hohenzollern's have at last their Clover coronet which was by Pricness Birgitta for her civil Wedding. It was on display at an exhibition at Sigmaringen Castle a gfew years ago. but i don't think Princess Birgitta will wear it. I also think the Connaught tiara looked quiet ok in her. Much much better then the nine pronge tiara.
It is a pitty that Birgitta does not put her hair up for the few tiara Events she attends then the tiaa would looke better.
No, not the clover coronet, I agree about that. It hasn't even been worn by brides in the recent years, probably because the coronet style does not work well with today's esthetics. Early in her marriage Princess Birgitta also wore an emerald and a sapphire tiara from her husband’s family. I don’t know if they still own those. But I also have inkling that the Princess will not wear Hohenzollern jewels anymore, given that her marriage is now only formally kept up.

Also I doubt that Birgitta will get anywhere near the 9 prongs tiara again. She must herself have felt and seen how it slipped down her forehead. But why on earth doesn’t she ask her sister-in-law’s hairdresser to give her a hand with the tiara hair? He certainly knows what he’s doing.

I hope that Countess Marianne Bernadotte will wear her nice pearl tiara again. And I’d love to see the Mainau Bernadotte’s invited again, they have two tiaras and Countess Sandra likes to wear a ruby necklace in her hair. Then there is Countess Gunilla of course, with her small pearl tiara.

No, not the clover coronet, I agree about that. It hasn't even been worn by brides in the recent years, probably because the coronet style does not work well with today's esthetics. Early in her marriage Princess Birgitta also wore an emerald and a sapphire tiara from her husband’s family. I don’t know if they still own those. But I also have inkling that the Princess will not wear Hohenzollern jewels anymore, given that her marriage is now only formally kept up.

I know that she wore an emerald tiara from the Hohenzollern family fopr the Wedding of Margrethe and Henrik in 1067 but when has she wore a sapphire tiara from the Hohenzolern's.
As for their tiaras Fürstin Katharina whore no tiara for the Wedding Ball in Potsdam in 2011. Also the then Hereditary Princess Alexandra wore no tiara at the Wedding Ball of Bernhard and Stephanie of Baden and that was also a white tie occasion.

I know that she wore an emerald tiara from the Hohenzollern family fopr the Wedding of Margrethe and Henrik in 1067 but when has she wore a sapphire tiara from the Hohenzolern's.
As for their tiaras Fürstin Katharina whore no tiara for the Wedding Ball in Potsdam in 2011. Also the then Hereditary Princess Alexandra wore no tiara at the Wedding Ball of Bernhard and Stephanie of Baden and that was also a white tie occasion.
I posted the answer to your post here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...yal-and-noble-jewels-1621-16.html#post1771184

My current predictions

State visit

H.M : The usual Nine Prong Tiara, Diamond collet and Diamond earrings.

H.R.H The Crown Princess : The Cut steel tiara, diamond drop earrings, the diamond rose brooch and Princess Lilians bracelet.

H.R.H Princess Madeleine : Private Fringe Tiara, Earrings and brooch from the amethyst parure.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : 4 button tiara, her usual pearl jewels (collet, earrings and brooch).

The Wedding

H.M : At least i know what i really want to see. Connaught Ruby tiara and Scarab necklase paired with the Vasa earrings and Princess Lilians wedding brooch.

H.R.H The Crown Princess : Princess Lilians tiara and Queen Josephines diamond corsage, Brooch, earrings and hairpins from the Sapphire parure and Princess Lilians bracelet.

The Bride : The Connaught Diamond Tiara and jewels that Carl Philip inherited from Princess Lilian.
Though i wouldn't have anything against her wearing the Cameo tiara.

H.R.H Princess Madeleine (if her pregnancy doesn't stop her) : Private aquamarine bandeau, Pearl drop earrings and a pearl brooch. Don't think she wants to dress up in a lot of "heavy" jewels that late in her pregnancy. Happy if I'm proven wrong.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : 6-button tiara, Necklase and Brooch from the Bernadotte Emerald Demi Parure and her own pearl and diamond earrings. Has she ever worn the emeralds ? She would look really good in it.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : The only one of the "Haga sisters" that would still look great in a grand parure. I say her private Diamond Tiara and the Pink Topaz Demi Parure.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : Baden Fringe Tiara and her private sapphire and diamond jewels. But wouldn't it be exciting if she would surprise us all and turn up in a Hohenzollern tiara we haven't seen for many years ?

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : Her private Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara with belonging earrings and brooches paired with a diamond collet. The same jewels she wore at the wedding in 2010.

Last edited:

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : 4 button tiara, her usual pearl jewels (collet, earrings and brooch).
Weren't they stolen with her other jewellery?

H.R.H Princess Madeleine (if her pregnancy doesn't stop her) : Private aquamarine bandeau

Does Madeleine have a private aquamarine bandeau?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom