Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if Queen Silvia wore the Cameo tiara at the 2015 Nobel Prizes. It would also be exactly 10 years since she wore it at the last Nobel event. If she does not wear it then, I would love is she wore for the King's 70th birthday in 2016. I would guess she will wear the Braganza tiara, but she did wear the Connaught tiara at his 50th birthday, maybe she plans on wearing different tiaras for the King's major birthdays. I also don't think there was a tiara event for his 40th birthday.

It would indeed be nice to see the Cameo tiara again on the Queen, on any event. I'm a bit torn about her wearing it on the King's 70th Birthday (if any gala). It would be nice to see it and it would also be a nice gesture as it is the Royal couple's 40th wedding anniversary the very same year. At the same time I'm hoping for the Braganza tiara. On the other hand are be probably seeing three incoming state visits from three Kings in the year to come, so if she continues her tradition it is the Braganza tiara she will wear for these occasions.

It would indeed be nice to see the Cameo tiara again on the Queen, on any event. I'm a bit torn about her wearing it on the King's 70th Birthday (if any gala). It would be nice to see it and it would also be a nice gesture as it is the Royal couple's 40th wedding anniversary the very same year. At the same time I'm hoping for the Braganza tiara. On the other hand are be probably seeing three incoming state visits from three Kings in the year to come, so if she continues her tradition it is the Braganza tiara she will wear for these occasions.

Lerts hope she will continue with her tradition of wearing the Bragnza tiara for incoming State visits from other monarchies as she did not wear them for the State Visits from the King and Queen of Jordan and the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

As for the Cameo tiara it would be nice to see it worn again at all . If the Queen isn't too fond iof it anymore perhaps Crown Princess Victoria could start to wear it.

We have often speculated that Queen Silvia would not wear the cameo tiara again till her children are married. That will soon be the case, so I see a chance that she will wear it at the next Nobels.

It seems strange: I used to dislike this tiara, but since Victoria's wedding I took a liking to it. Now I want to see it worn again. Five years of hiding it in the vaults is long enough.

For the King's 70th birthday I hope for the Branganca tiara. Imo the 70th is much bigger milestone than the 50th birthday, so it deserves the Braganca.

I'm not sure about the Braganca at visits from the new monarchs:
- Maxima might bring over some gorgeous bling hersef and it would be nice receive her with the bigest gun.
- Mathilde would probably wear the complete 9-provinces tiara, so the Branganca might also be ok
- but Letizia seems to personally dislike big jewels and secondly the Spanish Royals seem to avoid big bling in order to appear down-to-earth and modest to the Spanish people. I just can't imagine Silvia with the Braganca while Letizia leaves the fleur-de-lys tiara at home and pops up with the little floral tiara and without a necklace.

Queen silvia wore the Braganca tiara at the kings 60th birthday celebration 2006

Were ther a gala at his 40th birthday 1986?

- Maxima might bring over some gorgeous bling hersef and it would be nice receive her with the bigest gun.
- Mathilde would probably wear the complete 9-provinces tiara, so the Branganca might also be ok
- but Letizia seems to personally dislike big jewels and secondly the Spanish Royals seem to avoid big bling in order to appear down-to-earth and modest to the Spanish people. I just can't imagine Silvia with the Braganca while Letizia leaves the fleur-de-lys tiara at home and pops up with the little floral tiara and without a necklace.

I could also see Queen Mathilde wearing the spanish Wedding gift tiara in coronet form at a State visit to Sweden if it is avalible to her. As for Queen letizia i certainkly hope that for State Visits to other monarchies she will bring out one of the bigger tiaras.

Queen silvia wore the Braganca tiara at the kings 60th birthday celebration 2006

Were ther a gala at his 40th birthday 1986?

There was a Gala in 1986 i beleive at Drottningholm but it was black tie not white tie so no tiaras. Interesting is also that for the Kings 50th birthday in 1996 whioch was celebrated bigger then the 60th she opted for the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz demi Parure and not one of the bigger pieces.

I could also see Queen Mathilde wearing the spanish Wedding gift tiara in coronet form at a State visit to Sweden if it is avalible to her. As for Queen letizia i certainkly hope that for State Visits to other monarchies she will bring out one of the bigger tiaras.
I share your hope for Letizia, but I am not certain that it will happen. Maybe I am too much of a pessimist :sad:?

I should be very content to see Queen Mathilde with the Spanish gift tiara, in whatever form she chooses to wear it. The tiara setting would probably fit her taste better, but the coronet version would be the icing on the cake. If only someone from the court would leak the info :whistling: about what has happened to Fabiola's biggest jewels. It would console me to know.

It is very difficult to predict what the ladies will wear. Look at this picture (click on the picture itself to blow it up to mega-XXL).

Despite having an enormous diamond broche with eye-popping dangling diamonds and a big diamond rivière, Queen Beatrix wore one of her smallest diadems, 2/3rd hidden in de hairdo even... We often seem to guess: "Oh, then and then the big guns will appear" but the ladies seem to have a different logic...

:lol:

Remember the State Visit of the Grand-Duke and -Duchess to the Netherlands. The Chef of the House Nassau making a visit to the Chef of the House Orange-Nassau. María Teresa wore her biggest diadem, the Elisaveta Mikhailovna Diadem. In return, Queen Beatrix wore the relatively small Pearl-buttons diadem...

When the visit was the other way: the Chef of the House Orange-Nassau visiting the Chef of the House Nassau, one would expect big guns again. Nothing of all that: Queen Beatrix opted for the lightweight floral diadem and Grand-Duchess María Teresa wore one of the smallest diadems she has ever worn for a royal State Visit... See picture (click on the picture itself to expand)....

:flowers:

When the visit was the other way: the Chef of the House Orange-Nassau visiting the Chef of the House Nassau, one would expect big guns again. Nothing of all that: Queen Beatrix opted for the lightweight floral diadem and Grand-Duchess María Teresa wore one of the smallest diadems she has ever worn for a royal State Visit... See picture (click on the picture itself to expand)....

:flowers:

Actually the Vine Leaqves tiara worn by Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the State Visit from the Netherlands isnt small. At this occasion however the Grand Duchess hairdoo covered much of the tiara at last in pics like this.
I think that at this State Visit they did not went for the big gems as it was only a few weeks after the terrible accident of Prince Friso.

We have often speculated that Queen Silvia would not wear the cameo tiara again till her children are married. That will soon be the case, so I see a chance that she will wear it at the next Nobels.

It seems strange: I used to dislike this tiara, but since Victoria's wedding I took a liking to it. Now I want to see it worn again. Five years of hiding it in the vaults is long enough.

For the King's 70th birthday I hope for the Branganca tiara. Imo the 70th is much bigger milestone than the 50th birthday, so it deserves the Braganca.

You're absolutely right. We can't know if she will choose the Braganza for those visits in the future. Already in the 80's(?) when Juan Carlos and Sofia visited Sweden she opted for the Leuchtenberg sapphires instead of the Braganza. But let's hope she will honour the Kings and Queens

Will be exciting to see what tiaras and jewels the ladies of the Swedish Royal Family choose to wear for the state dinner for the state visit from India. It's less than two weeks before the wedding.

It is a presidential visit so not the Bragança and probably also not the Leuchtenberg.

My guess:
Queen Silvia = Queen Sofia's diamond diadem ("the Nine Prong Diadem")
The Crown Princess = the cut-steel diadem
Ms Hellqvist = no diadem, maybe a small glittering hair ornament
Princess Madeleine = the modern fringe diadem

Will be exciting to see what tiaras and jewels the ladies of the Swedish Royal Family choose to wear for the state dinner for the state visit from India. It's less than two weeks before the wedding.

My guesses:

Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Victoria: Large Cut Steel Tiara
Madeleine: 18th Birthday tiara

As the Guest list for the official Dinner for Queen Margrethes birthday became more and more known we can now make or final Guesses:

Queen Margrethe: I think either the big floral tiara (preferabel worn as wreath tiara) or the Naasut tiara as she wore the pearl Set only last month for the dutch state Visit and the Emerals for the new Years Courts
Crown Princess Mary: The ruby tiaras and parts of the Parure
Princess Marie: the floral tiara
Princess Benedikte: the Berleburg fringe tiara
Queen Anne-Marie: either the emerald Parure or the Ruby Parure

foreign Royals:
Queen Silvia: the nine pronge tiara or the Connaught tiara
Queen Mathilde: I hope something from the Jewels of the late Queen Fabiola or the nine pronge tiara in full setting but it will prbably be her floral wreath tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa: probably on of her diamond tiara like the belgian scroll tiara
Queen Letizia: Im hoping for the Loop diamond and pearl tiara with the pearl necklace resvere for the Queen but probably it will be again the floral wreath tiara

if they attend thatday:
Queen Maxima: one of the 2 ruby tiaras

Last edited:
Here are my predictions for Queen Margrethe's birthday:

Margrethe: Floral tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Benedikte: Fringe tiara
Queen Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Amethyst tiara
Anne Marie: Wedding tiara
Mathilde: Base of the Nine Provinces tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Letizia: Floral tiara
Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara

I assume there will only be one tiara event.

So here are my guesses for the 15th:

Margrethe: the Naasut tiara (she has worn the emerald for the New Years Court, the pearls for the SV and for the concert on the 8th she wore one part of the floral aigrette hidden in the back of her hair. I don’t think that she will wear any of these for the gala dinner)
Mary: ruby tiara
Marie: floral tiara
Anne-Marie: emerald tiara (although it might be the rubies just as well)
Benedikte: Berleburg fringe
Silvia: Leuchtenberg
Mathilde: laurel tiara (but how wonderful would it be to see her in the Spanish gift tiara or the full 9 provinces tiara?)
Maxima: ruby peacock tiara (though it could be anything really, she has so many to choose from)
Letizia: floral (But maybe she could surprise us with one of the Cartier tiaras? Either the loop or Queen Ena’s?)
Maria Theresia: vine leafs tiara (but this is another difficult one to guess, she too has a large collection to choose from)

IloveCP, Victoria and Mette-Marit won’t attend on the 15th, they will only be at the second dinner.

Unlike you I think that the second night will also have tiaras, but with a black tie dress code. That is something the Danish royals have often done before, eg. at the 70th birthday. According to Billed Bladed the first Dinner will be rather official in character, while the second dinner is more of a private event. Therefore I hope that several of the Queens nieces, nephews and cousins will show up in tiaras. Also several of the Queen’s friends are aristocrats and own family tiaras.

I doubt that Madelaine will attend as she will be very close to giving birth again.

Silvia - Edwardian Ruby Tiara
Victoria - Connaught Tiara

IloveCP, Victoria and Mette-Marit won’t attend on the 15th, they will only be at the second dinner.

Unlike you I think that the second night will also have tiaras, but with a black tie dress code. That is something the Danish royals have often done before, eg. at the 70th birthday. According to Billed Bladed the first Dinner will be rather official in character, while the second dinner is more of a private event. Therefore I hope that several of the Queens nieces, nephews and cousins will show up in tiaras. Also several of the Queen’s friends are aristocrats and own family tiaras.

I also think the Dinner at Fredensborg will be black tie with tiaras optional

My guesses:
Margrethe: either the Naasut tiara or the floral wreath tiara depending which one she will wear the evening before
Mary: the midnight tiara
Marie: her lilies tiara
Benedike: the pearl and star tiara
Anne-Marie: the Khedive tiara
Silvia: the baden fringe tiara or the modern fringe tiara
Victoria. the smaller cut stell tiara hope she will wear a tiara and not like in 2010 a broosh in her hair
Mette-Marite. the diamond daises bandeau

don't think the belgian, spanish and luxemburgian Couples will attend that day as for them specailly the attendance at the 15. is mentioned in their Agendas.

Stefan, I share many of your guesses for the 16th, but not all of them.

Margrethe: the Baden Palmette (as I think that the Naasut, which was a formal gift from Greenland, will be worn at the more official dinner on the night befrore)
Mary: midnight tiara
Marie: lily tiara
Anne-Marie: Khedive tiara
Benedikte: star and pearl tiara (unless both her daughters attend. But Nathalie had her second child recently and might not be keen on traveling, so I don’t expect seeing her)
Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: small cut steel (and I too hope that she will not do the brooch number again)
Mette-Marit: her daisy tiara

I would like to see Queen Máxima with the diamond Ears-of-Wheat, but I agree, the Laurel Leaf Diadem would be a nice surprise too. Or an outing of the diadem ánd mirroring collier of the Peacock Parure. Or wearing the Stuart Diadem without the big diamonds as prongs (well, there are still six eyepopping carat-whoppers in the huge framework itself).

:eek:

Somehow i have the feeling that Queen Máxima is not so fond ot the Laurel Wreath and Ears of Wheat Tiara's as she has never worn one of them in her 13 years as member of the dutch RF. i don't think she will wear the Stuart tiara as it would bring much attention to her and away from the birthday girl even if she wears it in a smaller Version.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Floral tiara with Letizia as it really suits her,however it would be nice to see a different one .

Here are my guesses for Queen Margrethe's second dinner on the 16th if it's a tiara event:

Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Floral Danica tiara
Anne-Marie: Ruby tiara
Benedikte: Floral tiara
Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Amethyst tiara
Mette-Marit: Wedding tiara

I hoping Mary will wear a tiara she has never worn before like the Baden Palmette tiara, but I doubt it.

My predictions for the gala in Copenhagen tonight:

QMII: Emeralds
Mary: Rubies
Marie: Floral
Benedikte: Fringe
Anne-Marie: Emeralds or Rubies

Others:
Maxima: Wurttenberg pearls / One of the Ruby tiaras
Silvia: Nine- Pronger or Connaught
Victoria: Fringe
Letizia: Floral, or possibly, one of the larger Cartier tiaras (Pearl?)
Mathilde: Nine Provinces, or possibly, Fabiola's Spanish tiara (if she has it)
M-M: Daisy bandeau

My predictions for the gala in Copenhagen tonight:

QMII: Emeralds
Mary: Rubies
Marie: Floral
Benedikte: Fringe
Anne-Marie: Emeralds or Rubies

Others:
Maxima: Wurttenberg pearls / One of the Ruby tiaras
Silvia: Nine- Pronger or Connaught
Victoria: Fringe
Letizia: Floral, or possibly, one of the larger Cartier tiaras (Pearl?)
Mathilde: Nine Provinces, or possibly, Fabiola's Spanish tiara (if she has it)
M-M: Daisy bandeau

Rarely have I been so wrong! :)

Somehow i have the feeling that Queen Máxima is not so fond ot the Laurel Wreath and Ears of Wheat Tiara's as she has never worn one of them in her 13 years as member of the dutch RF. i don't think she will wear the Stuart tiara as it would bring much attention to her and away from the birthday girl even if she wears it in a smaller Version.

Nah,it is more that Reigning Queens,or Queen Consorts,never took much to the Laurel Wreath nor the Ears as that never was and is seen on the aforementioned.Queens Juliana and Beatrix never wore them either while Monarch,nor does the present Monarchs spouse.It's more for weddings and those Princesses not in the frontal line- to right now.As she was young I recall seeing Beatrix with it too,but that was in the late 50's or there about..We might see Amalia once 18 on her Gala with one of them,or her Sisters,or Margriet's d-i-l-'s,but other then that,no.

Máxima has more jewellery to choose from befitting her position as we all know...

Last edited:
Rarely have I been so wrong! :)
Well, you got Mary, Marie and Benedikte right and had the right tiaras of Anne-Marie and Mathilde mentioned.

Stefan got Mary, Marie, Benedikte right and mentioned Margrethe, Anne-Marie, Mathilde

I got Mary, Marie, Anne-Marie, Benedikte and Silvia right.

As a result I’d say: Mary, Marien and Benedikte were quite predictable, while no one got Letizia right. She gave us a good surprise!

I so much hope that there will be more tiaras tonight. Any news on who is attending?

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

And now Silvia has worn her Sapphires 3 times in 4 months. We'll probably get the Nine prong or the Connaught diamond tiara at the wedding. Hoppfully paired with the fantastic Emerald Demi Parure. It's way too long since we saw it on Silvia.

are there any state visist comming up?
or is the swedish wedding the next tiara event?

are there any state visist comming up?
or is the swedish wedding the next tiara event?
There will be the State Opening of Parliament in the UK in May And probably an State Visit from Indai to Sweden in late May. And usually in May there is the annual Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps in the Netherlands. The question is only if we will get to see pics from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom