Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses for Luxembourg National Day gala in June:

Maria Teresa: Diamond Pearl Choker Tiara
Stephanie: Grand Duchess Adelaide Tiara
Claire: Topaz Tiara
Alexandra: Small Diamond Floral Tiara

Last edited:
With one day to go my hopes for the visit:

Since Maxima is in Denmark and the Danish queen is known to like her jewels, I hope Maxima will finally wear a complete parure. So I hope for the Stuart parure for day 1 and the Mellerio Ruby parure on day 2 (which includes the stomacher which hasn't been seen in ages). The Stuart would be a nice tribute as Juliana worn the parure at Margrethe's wedding. If the Stuart is not wearable yet, I am hoping for the sapphires on Day 1.

QMII with her beautiful flower tiara & those amazing diamonds she wore at Frederik's wedding on day 1 and the emeralds on day 2. Mary with the ruby parure, full setting. She can repeat this on day 2 for all I care as it is such a magnificent set. Benedikte with her fringe tiara.

But I doubt that we will see such surprises. My conservative predictions are the following:

Day 1:
Margrethe II: ON pearl parure (Orange provenance)
Maxima: Mellerio Ruby tiara & necklace but no stomacher (colours of the Danish flag)
Benedikte: Swedish pearl-star tiara
Mary: her pearl-diamond tiara
Marie: flower tiara
Elisabeth: sapphire tiara

Day 2: no tiaras, just necklaces. Maybe the honeycomb for Maxima or a riviere.

Last edited:
I think Queen Máxima will slowly bring "new" pieces:

- the collier from the so-called "New Crown Parure"
- the diamond sévigné in full setting (from the same "New Crown Parure")
- the Borneo bracelet in re-assembled setting
- the art deco devant-de-corsage with the large diamond pendants
- the ancient "Stuart Diamond" as a pendant
- the collier from the Grand Sapphire Parure in orignal setting
- the two massive bracelets from the Grand Sapphire Parure
- the collier from the Peacock Ruby Parure (mirroring the diadem)
- the large devant-de-corsage from the Mellerio Ruby Parure
- the diadem from the so-called "New Crown Parure"
- the triangular motif diamond collier in original setting
- the diamond laurel wreath diadem
- the diamond ears-of-wheat diadem
- the top part from the Van Kempen diadem (with the large diamond stars and upright natural Pearls)
- the remnants from the diamond-and-sapphire collier which was part of the Wedding Gift 1901
- Etc.
- Etc.

Queen Máxima has so many long-not-seen items in the Orange-Nassau collecton to wow us... It is beyond belief.

:flowers:

My predicton for the State Banquet:

HM Queen Margrethe
- the Orange-Nassau pearl poiré diadem
- the diamond collier with the pearl buttons
- the diamond stomacher with the large hanging natural pearls

HM Queen Máxima
- the Bandeau with the old large rose-cut diamonds
- the mirroring rivière (like she wore in Sweden for Victoria's wedding)
- a small diamond broche to fasten her sash
- Queen Emma's art-deco devant-de-corsage with the hanging diamond pendants*
- Queen Juliana's diamond horloge-bracelet
- Two bands from the Borneo diamonds bracelet

* This corsage-de-devant is awesomely impressive, Queen Máxima wore the central stone as a pendant to a diamond rivière, it is really a big bonker, see picture

Last edited by a moderator:

HM Queen Margrethe

HM Queen Máxima
- the Bandeau with the old large rose-cut diamonds
- the mirroring rivière (like she wore in Sweden for Victoria's wedding)
- a small diamond broche to fasten her sash
- Queen Emma's art-deco devant-de-corsage with the hanging diamond pendants*
- Queen Juliana's diamond horloge-bracelet
- Two bands from the Borneo diamonds bracelet

* This corsage-de-devant is awesomely impressive, Queen Máxima wore the central stone as a pendant to a diamond rivière, it is really a big bonker, see picture

If Queen Máxima would wear the diamond bandeau tomorrow i would find it disappointing. It may be a nice peace but i think for a State Visit like this too small specially as we can expect Margrethe in one of her big tiaras.
But let's see and wait.

If Queen Máxima would wear the diamond bandeau tomorrow i would find it disappointing. It may be a nice peace but i think for a State Visit like this too small specially as we can expect Margrethe in one of her big tiaras.
But let's see and wait.

Wouldn't it be inappropriate for the guest to outshine the host ?

But let's see and wait.

I don't think Maxima will use the rose-cut bandeau. She used it when the Swedes came on an official visit (not state visit) last year.

I think one of the ruby parure's will get an outing.

I don't think that Maxima will wear the rose cut bandeau for the big State Banquet. She'll more likely wear a tiara from the bigger parures (or hopefully a complete parure). But if the return dinner has tiaras, the bandeau might be an option.

And at the State Banquet the Danish Queen will probably go for big jewels as well, it think it will be the Orange Nassau pearl tiara with the big pearl collier. So Maxima could definitely wear a complete parure without outshining her host.

But let's see and wait.

Too small? The sheer carat power of that Bandeau most likely will outweigh any other diadem present at the State Banquet tomorrow...

See picture (click on the picture itself to expand and be baffled... :lol: )

Too small? The sheer carat power of that Bandeau most likely will outweigh any other diadem present at the State Banquet tomorrow...

From the size the rose cute bandeau is quiet small compared to toerhe peaces in the collection.

Queen Juliana never had any problem with that when she blew everyone away with items from the mighty Parure with the House diamonds. See picture. She was Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Mecklenburg, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld and showed it when needed....

:cool:

From the size the rose cute bandeau is quiet small compared to toerhe peaces in the collection.

Believe me, any lady would immediately swap their mediocre diadems immediaely for those amazing pure diamonds...

Queen Beatrix just wore her smallest diadem in Denmark, so size seems not matter in this case...

:lol:

It might have carat power, but it does not have size on its side.

This Dutch state visit to Denmark is one of the most anticapted events on the royal calendar for sure

Expecting Mary to be in her the ruby tiara.
Maxima will bring out a 'big gun' and hopefully something new to her and unseen
She could use the rubies on the return banquet as a nod to their hosts

HM Queen Margrethe

I like the idea of Queen Margrete wearing the Orange-Nasau diadem just because of its name. I don't know what it looks like, any pictures anywhere?

It might have carat power, but it does not have size on its side.

Let us take Crown Princess Mary's diadem from her ruby parure. Stunning in design but closer inspection learns that the diamonds are extremely small -almost zirconias- and tightly set in the metal of the "leaves".

This picture shows how much "metal filling" the diadem has: http://41.media.tumblr.com/c5b796ec9d25b420b1d821ef177dcadd/tumblr_nh7yjaxtql1su2hm9o1_1280.png

Then look at this sparkling picture to see that besides the spikes there is no metal, just diamonds (click on the pic to blow up to mega-XXL).

I like the idea of Queen Margrete wearing the Orange-Nasau diadem just because of its name. I don't know what it looks like, any pictures anywhere?

It is this one, click on the picture to blow it up to mega-XXL.

There were two identical diadems made for two Dutch-German sisters-in-law:

1 - for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia
2 - for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands

1 - ended up in the Danish royal family, by inheritance, still existant
2 - ended up in the princely family Reuss, by inheritance, whereabouts unknown

Let us take Crown Princess Mary's diadem from her ruby parure. Stunning in design but closer inspection learns that the diamonds are extremely small -almost zirconias- and tightly set in the metal of the "leaves".

This picture shows how much "metal filling" the diadem has: http://41.media.tumblr.com/c5b796ec9d25b420b1d821ef177dcadd/tumblr_nh7yjaxtql1su2hm9o1_1280.png

Then look at this sparkling picture to see that besides the spikes there is no metal, just diamonds (click on the pic to blow up to mega-XXL).

I think it is clear to all that the diamonds are big. However, that doesn't change the fact that the tiara isn't. :flowers:

I don't think that is a good picture of the Danish ruby parure if you want to see it properly. That is a picture when it was at the court jewelry for reconstruction a couple of years ago. And all that "gold" in the picture is used to clean the tiara and is therefor not part of the tiara. So the picture doesn't show how the design and setting look like.

The rose cut bandeau is beautiful, but I'm hoping Maxima leaves that one at home and brings out something else.

Queen Máxima can better use a beauty pageant crown with fake stones and just sell her real stuff. Fat chance that will be big enough. Quality, provenance or anciennity of diamonds, gems and pearls seem not important anymore.

:whistling:

Who said that provenance, quality etc. of stones are not important? And who wants her to wear a fake beauty pageant crown? :confused:. It isn't as if the other tiaras suggested were acquired last week from Toys "R" Us.

The Princesses of Denmark :
First Day :
Princess Mary - ruby tiara with ruby necklace
Princess Marie her loan Princess Dagmar tiara , small pendant brooch
Second Day
Prncess Mary - her Wedding tiara with ...
Princess Marie her loan Princess Dagmar tiara with....

Nothing new !

My predictions for the Dutch state visit:

Margrethe: Pearl tiara
Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara

I guess there will be no surprises at the Gala Dinner in Oslo tonight. Queen Sonja with the emeralds and CP Mette-Marit with the Diamond Daisy.

But it at least give us more glitter!

Queen Sonja might wear the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine or the pearl tiara of Queen Maude. The pearl tiara seems amoung her favourites, and the diamond tiara is not used often enough for my taste.

So this is my wish:
Queen Sonja - Queen Josephine's diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - the amethyst tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara

And this is my more realistic guess:
Queen Sonja - the pearl tiara in it's large setting
CP Mette-Marit - the diamond daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid - one of the aigrettes, probably the wings

Queen Sonja might wear the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine or the pearl tiara of Queen Maude. The pearl tiara seems amoung her favourites, and the diamond tiara is not used often enough for my taste

I agree with you. It is absolutely stunning and beautiful tiara. I wish she wore it more frequently to important state dinners.

I think Queen Sonja will use the smaller version of the Queen Maud pearl tiara. This is a relatively low profile visit from a republic, so I suspect the overall "bling quotient" will be low.

what gala events are comming up
April birthday celebrations in denmark are there more then one gala?
the wedding in sweden in june

state visits?

May 27: State Openingi of Parliament. There is not much to guess because it's always the State Diadem for the Queen and the honeycomb for Camilla

There's also a Dutch State Visit to Canada, but I don't think that Canada has tiara events (except for their own Queen).

June: National Day Gala in Luxembourg

edit:
I think there will be 2 tiara Galas for the Birthday:
April 15: Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Slot for Queen Margrethe’s 75th Birthday
April 16: Dinner at Fredensborg Slot
The first dinner will probably be white tie and the second dinner in black tie. But the Danish Queen likes to have tiaras at her black tie events, so I hope for many tiaras.

Last edited:
It would be great if Queen Silvia wore the Cameo tiara at the 2015 Nobel Prizes. It would also be exactly 10 years since she wore it at the last Nobel event. If she does not wear it then, I would love is she wore for the King's 70th birthday in 2016. I would guess she will wear the Braganza tiara, but she did wear the Connaught tiara at his 50th birthday, maybe she plans on wearing different tiaras for the King's major birthdays. I also don't think there was a tiara event for his 40th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom