Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the annual reception for the diplomatic Corps in the UK? Perhaps we will get again some pics from the Royals arriving in Cars like last year.

I know it's the British way but why oh why can't they have an in house photographer to snap some photos of the royals and their guests. I'm sure the diplomats at least would be delighted. They all seemed to be perfectly happy in that nineties documentary that featured several minutes of film from the reception.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I know it's the British way but why oh why can't they have an in house photographer to snap some photos of the royals and their guests. I'm sure the diplomats at least would be delighted. They all seemed to be perfectly happy in that nineties documentary that featured several minutes of film from the reception.

I have no doubt there is a photographer and a video camera there is well, and a selection of pictures is probably made available to the attendees.

I have no doubt there is a photographer and a video camera there is well, and a selection of pictures is probably made available to the attendees.

Maybe your right but we want to see those pictures too don't we ;)

My predictions for Carl Philip's future wedding:

Sofia: Connaught Tiara
Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

I am sure about my guesses for Sofia and Silvia, but I admit I am not completely sure about Victoria and Madeleine. I think Victoria and Madeleine may want to wear a tiara they have never worn before. They did before at past family weddings.

My number one guess for Victoria is still on Baden Fringe tiara, however she may surprise us by wearing the ruby tiara. I really hope she does not wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Sofia won't wear the Connaught, I hope Victoria will as she's never worn it before.

As for Madeleine, maybe she does not want to wear her wedding tiara at her brothers wedding. My other choices for her would be the Amethyst tiara, or the Cut Steel tiara as she's never worn it. I know it's generally for Crown Princesses and Queens only, but I would love if she wore the Baden Fringe tiara. Princess Lilian and her aunts have worn it, why not Madeleine?

Last edited:
I would love to see that amazing, fabulous, stunning, huge and glittering necklace with rubies and diamonds from Mouawad again. She only wore it once, and it absolutely deserves another outing VERY soon.
Other big diamond necklaces are also very welcome, but I would love to see the ruby-diamond one again.

Now that we are less that 12 hours from when we see William and Catherine at the Royal Variety show, I am hoping we see her in either the Nizam necklace or the Rubies she wore to the Millies in 2011. Or perhaps the Greville Ruby necklace that the Queen used until the 1960s and has not been seen since?

For the Nobel Prizes, I hope Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara, the earrings she wore at her pre-wedding gala, and this bracelet. The closest thing we ever saw to seeing that was this event. :)

On another note, I hope Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday next year will be a tiara event. :D

Last edited:
I am sure about my guesses for Sofia and Silvia, but I admit I am not completely sure about Victoria and Madeleine. I think Victoria and Madeleine may want to wear a tiara they have never worn before. They did before at past family weddings.

My number one guess for Victoria is still on Baden Fringe tiara, however she may surprise us by wearing the ruby tiara. I really hope she does not wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Sofia won't wear the Connaught, I hope Victoria will as she's never worn it before.

As for Madeleine, maybe she does not want to wear her wedding tiara at her brothers wedding. My other choices for her would be the Amethyst tiara, or the Cut Steel tiara as she's never worn it. I know it's generally for Crown Princesses and Queens only, but I would love if she wore the Baden Fringe tiara. Princess Lilian and her aunts have worn it, why not Madeleine?

this may be the last time we see 8 swedish royal ladeies with tiaras at the same time

the kings sisters
silvia
victoria
madeleine
and now sofia with a tiara for the first time

the kings sisters do not take part in galaevents at the same time besides weddings and even birthdays for the king

i hope there will be a gala in sweden 2016 when the king celebrated his 70th birthday

if not we will not see so many ladeis togather until Estelle och Lenore turns 18

this may be the last time we see 8 swedish royal ladeies with tiaras at the same time

the kings sisters
silvia
victoria
madeleine
and now sofia with a tiara for the first time

the kings sisters do not take part in galaevents at the same time besides weddings and even birthdays for the king

i hope there will be a gala in sweden 2016 when the king celebrated his 70th birthday

if not we will not see so many ladeis togather until Estelle och Lenore turns 18
The Swedisch Royals still seem to like tiara events. So I think that the King's 70th birthday will have a big gala with tiaras. That should be another opportunity for Queen Silvia to wear the Branganza tiara :).

My guesses for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

King's dinner:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Victoria: Small Cut Steel Tiara
Madeleine: Amethyst Tiara

It would be nice if Silvia or Victoria wore the Amethyst tiara. Silvia only wore it once in 1986 and Victoria so far has not worn it at the event. I doubt it but I hope Silvia wears the Cameo tiara. It's been since 2007 since she's last worn it.

Ever since 2009 Silvia she keeps wearing the Nine Prong tiara and then the sapphire tiara at the Nobel Prizes. Let's hope she wears something different this year.

The Swedisch Royals still seem to like tiara events. So I think that the King's 70th birthday will have a big gala with tiaras. That should be another opportunity for Queen Silvia to wear the Branganza tiara :).

I think so too as both the 50th and 60th birthday celebrations of the King included a white tie Event. Only not for his 40th borthday as far as i remember.

I don't think this is likely but I would love if Queen Silvia wore the Cameo tiara at Carl Philip's wedding. I highly doubt Sofia will ever wear it and it would be great if she wore her wedding tiara at her son's wedding.

Like I said before, I was disappointed she wore the Nine Prong tiara at Madeleine's wedding and I wanted her to wear the sapphire tiara. If I were Silvia, I would wear the Braganza to Victoria's wedding, the Cameo tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, and the sapphire tiara at Madeleine's wedding.

I don't think this is likely but I would love if Queen Silvia wore the Cameo tiara at Carl Philip's wedding. I highly doubt Sofia will ever wear it and it would be great if she wore her wedding tiara at her son's wedding.

Like I said before, I was disappointed she wore the Nine Prong tiara at Madeleine's wedding and I wanted her to wear the sapphire tiara. If I were Silvia, I would wear the Braganza to Victoria's wedding, the Cameo tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, and the sapphire tiara at Madeleine's wedding.

I think Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires to CP's wedding. This, to my mind, reflects the hierarchy of the tiaras and the ages of the children: Braganza, Leuchtenberg, Nine-Prong.

I think Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires to CP's wedding. This, to my mind, reflects the hierarchy of the tiaras and the ages of the children: Braganza, Leuchtenberg, Nine-Prong.
That is also what i think. Actually in my opinion the Cameos are more important then the Nine-Pronge tiara but as it is/has been the traditional Wedding tiara for a number of ladies i don't think it will be worn to a Wedding.

Who knows, Sofia may just wear the Cameo to the wedding. If she does not, things get trickier, and I think they may find something new for her to wear.

My predictions for the Danish New Years Courts:

Queen Margrethe: Pearl Poire Tiara
Crown Princess Mary: Ruby Tiara
Princess Marie: Wedding Tiara

Just announced next March there will be a dutch State Visit to Denamrk. Lets hope there will be a Gala Pwerfomance at the Royal Opera on the second Evening as it ws for the State Visit from Sweden.
As for tiaras Perhaps Queen áxima will better understand what Queen margrethe apparently once said to Queen Beatrix about the tiara with the blue stones. She apparently meant the Stuart tiara but Queen Beatrix wore the small aquamarine tiara.
Otherwise i think Queen Maxima will werar one of the ruby tiaras in honor of the danish flag. Queen Margrethe will most likely wear the pearl tiara with matching necklace as it come from the dtuch Royal Family.

Look forward to this gala dinner!

It will be glamourous and glittering I think! We'll probably have 5 tiaras around: Queen Máxima, Queen Margrethe, Crownprincess Mary, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. Awesome!

I have good hope that the visit to Denmark will see tiaras at the return banquet as well! (When the Swedish Royals last payed a SV to Denmark there were still three tiara galas. What a sight! But I fear those days are gone.)

I don't really think that the new Queen will wear the Stuart tiara so early in her husband's reign. But then Maxima has surprised us many a time before. In any case that visit will be a jewel-watching feast.

And with three new Monarchs in the Netherlands, Belgium & Spain the coming years are bound to see an increased number of royal-royal state visits. What a prospect :D. Although crisis in Spain and the continuing problems of the Belgians to create a government dampen the prospect a bit :sad:.

It will be glamourous and glittering I think! We'll probably have 5 tiaras around: Queen Máxima, Queen Margrethe, Crownprincess Mary, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. Awesome!
With some good luck it might be even 6: Princess Elisabeth might attend as well.

Also in Denmark it's still not that unusual for aristocratic ladies to wear tiaras at court functions so that will add to the sparkle bonanza. The good old days are still around at the court of the glorious Queen Daisy :)

Also in Denmark it's still not that unusual for aristocratic ladies to wear tiaras at court functions so that will add to the sparkle bonanza. The good old days are still around at the court of the glorious Queen Daisy :)
But have you ever seen aristcratic ladies attending state banquets in Denmark? I have only ever seen pictures of them attending weddings or birthday galas.

If the Dutch visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara

But have you ever seen aristcratic ladies attending state banquets in Denmark? I have only ever seen pictures of them attending weddings or birthday galas.

Yes I have. Many state banquets are partly shown on TV so there's a good chance for looking at the guests which most often include courtiers, people in politics, finance, the army and other prominentiae of whom several ladies wears tiaras or other head ornaments.

If the Dutch visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara

I think you may see Max wear one of the ruby tiaras. Personally, I would love for her to use the sapphire tiara from the inauguration.

Q Margrethe - Floral Aigrete Tiara
Q Maxima - Mellerio Ruby Tiara
P Mary - Danish Ruby Set
P Marie - Wedding Tiara

Yes I have. Many state banquets are partly shown on TV so there's a good chance for looking at the guests which most often include courtiers, people in politics, finance, the army and other prominentiae of whom several ladies wears tiaras or other head ornaments.
Great! I have never had the chance to see these banquets and had to rely on the pictures that were published. Some of the Danish nobels have great tiaras and jewels and it would be nice to see more of them. Maybe in the future someone will be able to post some screen-shots from the tv reports?

Next year Queen Margrethe II will turn 75. I so much hope for a big birthday reception for her. When Prince Henrik turned 75 there was a tiara event for him. So the Queen should have one as well. (Although there was no tiara event for Henrik's 80th birthday, which was quite a disappointment for me.)

For the Dutch-Danish State Visit, first night:
Maxima: rubies because of the Danish colours(I prefer the peacock tiara!)
Margrethe: pearl poire tiara, because of it's dutch history
Mary: rubies
Marie: wedding tiara
Benedikte: Berleburg fringe

2nd night:
Maxima: some new surprise from the vault? Another set of jewels on the base of the pearl button tiara? A bracelet on a frame?... Please, surprise me!!!
Margrethe: floral aigrette
Mary: wedding tiara with pearls
Marie: lily tiara
Benedikte: star tiara

The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events? If so here are my guesses again (in no specific order) :

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara and Mellerio Ruby tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara and Floral tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara and wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara and Flora Danica tiara

Great! I have never had the chance to see these banquets and had to rely on the pictures that were published. Some of the Danish nobels have great tiaras and jewels and it would be nice to see more of them. Maybe in the future someone will be able to post some screen-shots from the tv reports?

I'll sit in front of the tv taking bad photos with my crappy iPhone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom