Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the Amaranter Ball is white tie. It was attended by madeleine, Victoria have attended it once i believe after they turned 18. My guess is for either the Connaught or the Nine pronge tiara at this 2 EVents.
That's great, I desparately need some sparkle! According to their calendar the Queen will be the only royal lady attending the ball this year. How often do they hold this event?

That's great, I desparately need some sparkle! According to their calendar the Queen will be the only royal lady attending the ball this year. How often do they hold this event?
As far as i know it's every year but i don't know on which occasions members of the RF attend

The first picture of the SV from Estonia to Sweden have appeared: BelgaPicture - Category details
The Queen wears the Connaught tiara and Princess Christina attended with her own tiara.
The Amaranther Ball will be on Saturday and HM will most likely wear another tiara. I still hope for the rubies, althought maybe the nine-prongs tiara is more likely.

I am very pleasantly surprised by seeing the Amethyst Parure. I think this is one of the most successful outings of the tiara I've seen. Wearing part of the hair down seems to balance off the tiara. I just wish they would lower the wire frame so we dont have to see it constantly.

I am very pleasantly surprised by seeing the Amethyst Parure. I think this is one of the most successful outings of the tiara I've seen. Wearing part of the hair down seems to balance off the tiara. I just wish they would lower the wire frame so we dont have to see it constantly.

The tiara outing does look nice especially since we so rarely see her wear it. The Amethyst tiara also is one of my favorites from the Swedish collection.

February
state visit from denmark to Bahrain 3,4,5,6 February 2011.
reprecenationdinner at stockholm castle, king, queen of sweden, crown princess victoria and daniel

march
Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th.
state visit to botsvana for swedish king and queen in 22 - 25 march

april
Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima state visit to Germany . april 11th till april 15th

may
King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway state visit to the Slovenia 9-10 May 2011.
King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway state visit to Croatia 12 – 13 May 2011.
swedish king and queen state visit to poland may 4-6

Last edited:
Looks like we might have two tiara alerts from the Duchess of Cornwall. I imagine she will be wearing one for the receptions in the Kingdoms of Spain and Morocco but not sure about Portugal.

Looks like we might have two tiara alerts from the Duchess of Cornwall. I imagine she will be wearing one for the receptions in the Kingdoms of Spain and Morocco but not sure about Portugal.

I hope she does wear one in Portugal! Last time Charles was in Portugal Diana wore the Spencer tiara, so Camilla might wear one. Maria Teresa also wore one recently in Portugal, so I hope Camilla will wear one! I also hope the Duchess of Braganza is there with Maria Francisca's Diamond Bandeau.:flowers:

I hope she does wear one in Portugal! Last time Charles was in Portugal Diana wore the Spencer tiara, so Camilla might wear one. Maria Teresa also wore one recently in Portugal, so I hope Camilla will wear one! I also hope the Duchess of Braganza is there with Maria Francisca's Diamond Bandeau.:flowers:
Do dukes of Braganzy ever participate in state affairs of Portugal like such visits?:previous:

I'd love to see Camilla with her hair up, and tiara situated atop it, old style. She would look queenly.

Do dukes of Braganzy ever participate in state affairs of Portugal like such visits?:previous:

A few, not many but they did attend the state dinner for the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg and also the return dinner for both the Swedish and Norwegian state visits. They have also attended other events hosted by the Government. At their wedding the President, Prime Minister and almost all the diplomatic corps were present, so they are greatly respected by the current regime.:)

Camilla doesn't look good with her hair up. She doesn't have the face shape for it. I would like to see a more 50's inspire do though. With a side part and more curls, similar to how the Queen had her hair back in the day. I thnk that kind of hairstyle would look lovely with her smaller cubbit tiara.

The Dukes of Braganca are very much liked in the republic, but seeing as its only an official visit by the heir Im not certain we will see them. But I do hope we get to see Camilla all blinged up three times in a row. Even if its the Might Booch tiara all three times.

The only time I've ever seen a photo of Camilla with her hair up was right before her debut (as in debutante). Does anyone have another photo of her with her hair up?

Oh of course, If she even tried an updo I think she would need a few hundred pins! I'm still hoping for a tiara tonight in Portugal any one will do, but I'm hoping for the Delhi Durbar tiara in Spain, just to show the other royals there's no doubt Camilla will be Queen.

I think Victoria will wear the four button tiara for wills and kates wedding,or the tiara she wore at the nobel peace prizes a couple of months ago.

I think Victoria will wear the four button tiara for wills and kates wedding,or the tiara she wore at the nobel peace prizes a couple of months ago.

She will wear no tiara but a hat as the Wedding is in the morning and therefore zhe dresscode is not white tie.

Oops..so much for guessing!

Last edited:
However, Kate has to wear a tiara!
I am guessing on the Lover's Knot! ( think that's the name, the one Diana wore all the time!)

^yes it is, the Cambridge Lover's Knot (which is my fav tiara)
im hoping she will wear the above mentioned and/or the Fringe Tiara and/or the Strathmore Rose tiara.

but i sincerelly wanted (but that will not happen for sure) for kate to wear the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. its such a grogeous tiara, but its the "Queen Tiara"

Is the Girs of Great of Great Britian and Ireland the one the Queen wears all the time that combines pearls and diamonds?

I can hardly wait to see which tiara Kate will wear on her big, big day. However, there is a very long thread where every aspect of her potential wedding tiara is being discussed here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/catherine-middleton-wedding-tiara-and-jewels-29273.html

But there will be one more tiara alert before The Big Wedding: the Emir of Quatar and his wife will pay a State Visit to Spain. The visit will start on April 25th and in the evening there will be a gala dinner.
I fear that tiara-wise it won't be very interesting. Sheika Mozah doesn't wear tiaras (but we may see some really big bling necklace on her). And the Spanish royal ladies hardly ever vary their tiaras anymore. So I guess we will once more see Queen Sophia with the floral tiara and Princess Letizia with the Prussian tiara.

I can hardly wait to see which tiara Kate will wear on her big, big day. However, there is a very long thread where every aspect of her potential wedding tiara is being discussed here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/catherine-middleton-wedding-tiara-and-jewels-29273.html

But there will be one more tiara alert before The Big Wedding: the Emir of Quatar and his wife will pay a State Visit to Spain. The visit will start on April 25th and in the evening there will be a gala dinner.
I fear that tiara-wise it won't be very interesting. Sheika Mozah doesn't wear tiaras (but we may see some really big bling necklace on her). And the Spanish royal ladies hardly ever vary their tiaras anymore. So I guess we will once more see Queen Sophia with the floral tiara and Princess Letizia with the Prussian tiara.

For the british Wedding i hopewe will see a tiara at all. It would be very disappointing if kate choose not to wear a tiara.
As for next weeks State Visit in Spain it could be that we weill see some bigger bling on the spanish Royal Ladies. Usually for State Visits from other Monarchies Queen Sofia tends to wear one of the bigger tiaras and perhaps letizia will wear her new tiara or the shell again.
There willbe another State Visit at the End of may when the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay a State Visit to Norway. Hope to see a good number of tiaras then.

Why is a tiara so important?

Why is a tiara so important?
WEll for starters, it's serious bling, it's also seem as the symbol of having a title. (Although anyone with enough money can purchase a tiara) Also it's kind of like a "crown" with deliquete features. Of course, in the olden days women even wore tiara to opera.
Also as Marilyn Monroe said, it's just wonderful to find new places to wear diamonds. :flowers:

:crown3: Well, I can understand it, and I thank you for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom