Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9 days to go! (8 if you think about the pre-wedding concert. Afaik it still is not public wether it white tie or not.)
I can hardly wait and desparately nee another round of tiara-speculation;)
According to HOLA Reyes, Príncipes y Princesas confirman su asistencia a la boda de Victoria de Suecia y Daniel Westling
the following ladies are confirmed to attend:
Netherlands: Beatrix, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel
Denmark: Margrethe, Mary, Benedikte, Carina, Alexandra and Nathalie
Norway: Sonja, Mette-Marit, Märtha-Louise
Sophie Wessex
GD Maria-Theresa
Queen Rania
Princess Margarita of Romania
Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
Princess Katherine of Jugoslavia
I wonder if the Dutch ladiese will stick to their tradition of wearing their own wedding tiaras at other weddings? But Beatrix's wedding tiara is the Würtemberg pearl tiara: would she repeat it so soon after the state visit?
It will be interesting to see, how the Berleburg ladies split up their tiaras. So far Benedikte did not share the fringe tiara with her daughters. So I think she will wear it herself, leaving the stars tiara and floral tiara to Alexandra and Nathalie, and Carina will borrow a tiara. But which one?
I don't anything about the Liechtenstein jewellery, so I am particularly curious to see the tiara of Princess Sophie.
I think that Margarita of Romania only has the greek key tiara.

9 days to go! (8 if you think about the pre-wedding concert. Afaik it still is not public wether it white tie or not.)
I can hardly wait and desparately nee another round of tiara-speculation;)
According to HOLA Reyes, PrÃ*ncipes y Princesas confirman su asistencia a la boda de Victoria de Suecia y Daniel Westling
the following ladies are confirmed to attend:
Netherlands: Beatrix, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel
Denmark: Margrethe, Mary, Benedikte, Carina, Alexandra and Nathalie
Norway: Sonja, Mette-Marit, Märtha-Louise
Sophie Wessex
GD Maria-Theresa
Queen Rania
Princess Margarita of Romania
Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
Princess Katherine of Jugoslavia
I wonder if the Dutch ladiese will stick to their tradition of wearing their own wedding tiaras at other weddings? But Beatrix's wedding tiara is the Würtemberg pearl tiara: would she repeat it so soon after the state visit?
It will be interesting to see, how the Berleburg ladies split up their tiaras. So far Benedikte did not share the fringe tiara with her daughters. So I think she will wear it herself, leaving the stars tiara and floral tiara to Alexandra and Nathalie, and Carina will borrow a tiara. But which one?
I don't anything about the Liechtenstein jewellery, so I am particularly curious to see the tiara of Princess Sophie.
I think that Margarita of Romania only has the greek key tiara.

Yes thisd will be interesting.
The only dutch Royal lady who didn't wear her Wedding tiara to antoerh Royal Wedding was Princess Laurentier who used the ears-of-wheat at the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and the pearl-setting of the emerald tiara at the Wedding of Frederik and mary (but without much success in my opinion). And Beatrix has used her small floral tiara at the Wedding of Margrethe and henrik and the sapphire tiara at Benedikte Wedding. As for the Berleburgs it will be interesting. At the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit Benedikte used the pearl and star tiaras but i don't know which tiaras her daughters used who where both present. perhaps one a borrowed.
As for Sophie of Liechtenstein i hoope to see the fringe tiara reappear on her and not the Kinsky palmette tiara. And for Rania the ararbic tioara would be nice but hopefully with a nice updo.
It has noe become known that the Concert the day before will be black tie and not white tie so unfortunately only one tiara Event. And another lady can be added Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha will also attend with her husband.

Yes thisd will be interesting.
The only dutch Royal lady who didn't wear her Wedding tiara to antoerh Royal Wedding was Princess Laurentier who used the ears-of-wheat at the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and the pearl-setting of the emerald tiara at the Wedding of Frederik and mary (but without much success in my opinion). And Beatrix has used her small floral tiara at the Wedding of Margrethe and henrik and the sapphire tiara at Benedikte Wedding. As for the Berleburgs it will be interesting. At the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit Benedikte used the pearl and star tiaras but i don't know which tiaras her daughters used who where both present. perhaps one a borrowed.
As for Sophie of Liechtenstein i hoope to see the fringe tiara reappear on her and not the Kinsky palmette tiara. And for Rania the ararbic tioara would be nice but hopefully with a nice updo.
It has noe become known that the Concert the day before will be black tie and not white tie so unfortunately only one tiara Event. And another lady can be added Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha will also attend with her husband.
Oh dear, now I am disappointed! I so much counted on two tiara events.:sad:
I am not fond of Rania's arabic tiara. The triangula design looks strange to me, although the arabic design is very beautiful.
It's likely that Princess Margarita of Romania will wear the greek key tiara. I believe it's the only one left in the family.

Oh dear, now I am disappointed! I so much counted on two tiara events.:sad:
I am not fond of Rania's arabic tiara. The triangula design looks strange to me, although the arabic design is very beautiful.
It's likely that Princess Margarita of Romania will wear the greek key tiara. I believe it's the only one left in the family.
You are not the only one who is disappointed. Bzut atlast we have the Wedding as tiara-Event and not like at other Crown Princely Weddings where the only tiara was the one worn by the bride.
Yes the greek key tiara is the only one who is still in the romanian Royal Family but for for her Wedding Princess Margarita borrowed the Essex tiara from Cartier.

You are not the only one who is disappointed. Bzut atlast we have the Wedding as tiara-Event and not like at other Crown Princely Weddings where the only tiara was the one worn by the bride.
Yes the greek key tiara is the only one who is still in the romanian Royal Family but for for her Wedding Princess Margarita borrowed the Essex tiara from Cartier.
You are right, it is better to be thankful that it is a tiara event at all! Maybe we will see at least a couple of nice brooches worn in the hair, at least by the bride!
I never understood why Princess Margarita borrowed a tiara for her wedding. Of course the Essex tiara is very beautiful and she looked good with it. But if I had a tiara as an heirloom in my family, I would wear it on this most special day.
Do you have any idea what tiara Princess Kelly might wear?

You are right, it is better to be thankful that it is a tiara event at all! Maybe we will see at least a couple of nice brooches worn in the hair, at least by the bride!
I never understood why Princess Margarita borrowed a tiara for her wedding. Of course the Essex tiara is very beautiful and she looked good with it. But if I had a tiara as an heirloom in my family, I would wear it on this most special day.
Do you have any idea what tiara Princess Kelly might wear?

No idea which tiaras the Cobrgus stil own. She wore no tiara for her Wedding but one fort the private Ball in the evening at Callenberg. As i was there i saw here arriving but couldn'Ät see the tiara right only some glittering on her head.

I've read that Charles and Camilla will be attending, so if that's true, then there's another lady to add to the list.

..also don't forget the Greek ladies, I cant wait to see what Marie Chantal wears for dress and jewels. I also look forward to Marie Teresa, Luxemborg has some incredible jewels!

I was referring to the Hola article. They listed those royals who are officially confirmed to attend. According to Hola Belgium, Spain, Italy, Greece and Monaco have not yet confirmed who will attend, but certainly they all will send some representatives.
I would love to see to see all the Greek royal ladies together and really hope that Pavlos and Marie Chantale will pop up. They skipped Joachim and Marie's wedding and the birthday festivities of Prince Henrik last year and Queen Margrethe this year. About time to see Marie Chantale and hopefully her fringe tiara again.
Princess Alexia has her own diamond tiara and Princess Theodora so far always wore the antique corsage tiara. Nikolaos and Tatiana are not yet married and it is not likely that she wears a tiara before the wedding.
About the PoW and Camilla: there have been long discussions about them in the wedding thread because it was officially confirmed that Edward and Sophie will be representing the Queen at the wedding. Camilla won't attend, so we can cross her off our list:ermm:

Spain confirmed and that means 4 tiaras. I guess Letizia, Elena and Cristina will wear their wedding tiaras. (Btw, after the divorce does Elena got to keep her Marichalar tiara?) and Sofia her shell tiara,since her wedding tiara probably will be worn by Letizia.

I hope tha Q. Sofia will use one of her big tiaras, and not the shell tiara.

Wow, all four Spanish royal ladies are going! It will be exiting to see how they divide their tiaras. Actually I don't think that Dona Elena will continue to wear the Marichalar tiara after the divorce, but this is her first post-divorce tiara event. My guess is that she will wear the Mellerio shell tiara and the Queen will wear one of the bigger pearl tiaras. And about time that we see one of them again! I agree that Letizia and Christina will wear their wedding tiaras, although I am tired of seeing Leti with the Prussian tiara in loose hair. If only she would put up her hair once again!

I've read that Charles and Camilla will be attending, so if that's true, then there's another lady to add to the list.

I doubt they are attending unfortunately, Charles has cancelled 3 days of his engagements next week he is not attending the Ascot Races or the Garter Ceremony because of his chest infection.

As Stefan posted in the wedding thread, some of the Mainau Bernadottes will attend: we are to expect countess Bettina and countess Sandra. The family owns a tiara made of cuff-links from King Gustav IV. Here is a picture of countess Sandra wearing it at her church wedding: http://i39.tinypic.com/2j1kfoy.jpg
I guess that it will be worn by countess Bettina. Maybe Countess Sandra will again wear a bracelet (or necklace?) in her hair, as she did for her wedding recption: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/86...20E882BC0FCF33D2B6CD77CE5957AE30A760B0D811297

I really hope we aren't sabotaging ourselves with ALL of the speculation going on throughout ALL of the threads and boards about hairstyle, tiaras, dress, etc. General consensus is that Victoria will wear the cameo tiara with probably a small majority in favor of another, although some of us traditionalists and fans of the cameo tiara believe she will look stunning and regal wearing it.

But if she did choose another, I think the only way she could go completely wrong would be to wear the tiara she received on her 18th birthday. Both the stones and setting are so small as to be insignificant on a woman of her age and position as well as the occasion.

I even think that going the traditional route of "oldest" jewels and wearing one of the button tiaras would be better than that small piece.

But whatever she wears, I hope all of us respect her choices and the occasion and don't turn the wedding thread into a gripe session about all the wrong choices she may or may not have made. Some may be indifferent to her, but I haven't ever seen anyone express hatred or dislike for Crown Princess Victoria, which I think speaks volumes about her character and for the type of queen she will be when the time comes.

I for one am very happy for her and wish her the very best throughout the celebrations but in particular on her wedding day. I, however, she does show up to the cathedral wearing a beautiful dress, lovely hairstyle and tops it all off with her birthday tiara, the crazed lunatic charging down the aisle and ripping it from her head...that would be me. ;)

I can't wait to see what everyone will wear. I'm really excited to see it all come together.

...the crazed lunatic charging down the aisle and ripping it from her head...that would be me. ;)
I completely trust in Victoria's taste and judgement. Therefore I am completely calm and do not fear that she will wear her birthday gift tiara. However it would be interesing to watch you fighting your way through security (Bruce Lee style?) and pulling half of the poor bride's hair out because that tiara must be fixed with dozens of pins and several cans of hairspray:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Tilia C.! Actually I was going to swing down from the organ pit as she entered, lifting her onto the balcony and, while Nina Eldh stuttered and spluttered her way through an explanation that the ceremony would continue shortly, I counteract the hairspray with a spray of my own...WD40. Then after gently removing the offensive piece of "bling" I would replace it with a bigger piece of "BLING", the diamond and pearl tiara recently pictured in the apprasial footage of the items formerly belonging to Imelda Marcos, which I will have purchased and presented to Victoria as a gift from all of the members of this board. That tiara is appropriate for the age and occasion, and as you have pointed out before, the Swedes are in need of a pearl parure (since Lovisa scampered off to Denmark with the lovely piece they had...Margrethe II should send them a thank you note every time she wears it).

Rascal

Splutter cough! heart attack!!! YOU managed to get the my most favourite pearl tiara in the world? I'm speechless.
Well, in case Victoria doesn't like it, would consider giving it to me:D?

Oh my...! I don't know which is the hated tiara but really only to see this I wish V. used that one! :lol:

Dearest Tilia C., if the future Queen of Sweden would exhibit such extremely poor judgement in refusing our exquisite and utterly more suitable tiara, I would qladly put that cheap 18th birthday excuse for a tiara back on her head (having applied WD40 to remove it and having no hairspray to set it, I would, of course, have to attach it using chewing gum from under the organist's bench). I would then dash out of the front of the church, remove one of the horses from the carriage waiting outside and-mounting my trusty steed-gallop off at breakneck speed to deliver the pearl diadem to someone equally as regal as our fair princess. I trust you will wear beautifully. Just one request...since it vanquished in limbo in the Philippines for so long, those of us who appreciate it would like to see it more often. Could you please put in on for the occassional trip to the supermarket? Or perhaps when filling your car's tank at the local gas station? :lol:

I am perfectly certain that this trinket of tiny diamonds and tiny sapphires set on bent gold wires and a row of tiniest pearls will not be seen anywhere near CP Victoria during the wedding week.

...Could you please put in on for the occasional trip to the supermarket? Or perhaps when filling your car's tank at the local gas station? :lol:
Of course I will! I'll except any condition to get my hands on this beauty. Maybe I'm lucky and Victoria considers the political implications of accepting such a glorious, precious present from a stranger. Imagine the outcry of the republicans in Sweden! Well, I don't have such scruples. I'll except it gracefully, chuck in my hair and through some dashing parties for my fellow tiaraholics. You are all welcome!:flowers: Just bring along your most glamorous tiaras. And of course I will publish the most high quality close-up pic all over the net.

I don't want Letizia to use the Prussian tiara, I am very tired of seeing her with this :(

I don't want Letizia to use the Prussian tiara, I am very tired of seeing her with this :(
Maybe she would wear that floaral tiara she wore during the Russian state visit. That was a nice look. (Sorry the name of that particular tiara escapes me)

Maybe she would wear that floaral tiara she wore during the Russian state visit. That was a nice look. (Sorry the name of that particular tiara escapes me)
Or the mellerio Shell tiara she wore once. But hopefully she will wear her hair up.

^^
Maybe Elena will use the shell tiara if she is not going to use the Marichalar tiara, or maybe if we are lucky she will wear P.Irene's tiara again.

I'm sure that the floral tiara is going to be used by Cristina.

So far Queen Sofia only shared 3 tiaras with her daughters and daughter in law: the Prussian, the floral and the Mellerio shell tiara. I too would like to see Letizia again with something other than the Prussian tiara. But it is now so much associated with her, that it would be strange to see it on one of the infantas. I like Melibea's idea Elena wearing P. Irene's circle tiara again. At least we would finally know that it still is in the family. Another tiara with an outsider's chance is the ruby tiara. I would be a first that someone other than the Queen wears it, but it is certainly not one of the big substantial piece that should be reserved to a Queen. And the ruby colour would suit both Letizia or Elena very well.

This will be the first time PLetizia will attend a royal wedding since her won wedding right? Let's just hope she will outdo her work in Mary and Frederik's wedding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom