Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.

Heu... I thought the UK economy has found the way up? In full crisis the Queen did not change, so why now, in 2015?

I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

it needs a long young neck and has been in the vaults for toooo long.

I think that would be a perfect choice for Catherine as she seems to like delicate, floral things - I've never seen it before and it would be fantastic if some of these rarely sen items could be worn again.

Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)
The two unknowns in the 1972 picture are Prince William of Gloucester and Prince Michael of Kent, Michael had no beard in those days.

It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.

It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.

Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.

Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.
I hope the same. Maybe her good friend Maxima can persuade her?;) But then Queen Maxima is one of her kind.

I think sure Mathilde wore tiara in Poland. And she wore the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara . But i want see again her own tiara i miss this tiara.

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, last year in Poland: see picture. I can not imagine that Queen Mathilde will do "less".

Second consideration: the Queen's mother, Anna Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz née Countess Komorowska is born in Poland and is the daughter of a Polish father: Leon Michał Count Komorowski (1907-1992) and of a Polish mother: Princess Zofia Maria Sapieha-Kodenska (1919-1997).

So there is a strong link with Poland. Maybe there will also be a lot of representants from the Polish aristocracy during the various events. I think Queen Mathilde will show herself with the status and dignity attached to her position.

Does anyone know if the visit Turkey in Belgium tomorrow and the coming days we will have event with tiaras;

:previous:I know Tilia and I discovered today. And I bet the bandeau of the 9-provinces tiara unless our surprise the Queen. And of course it is interesting to see what other jewelry chooses Mathilde.

If Mathilde was to wear the Art deco tiara would have done so many years was a Princess. Not anymore who is Queen. I want to believe that the tiara will stay in the royal family may be the wedding tiara of Princess Elizabeth. If Paola course not inherited to her daughter or anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that visit completely escaped my notice! According to the Belgian court website it is a state visit. I didn't find a detailed agenda of the visit, but as it's a state visit there should be a banquet with tiara.

My guess is that the Queen will wear the bandeau of the 9-provinces tiara. It would be great if she decided to wear a nice necklace, or maybe the beautiful brooch she received from Queen Fabiola.

Oh, that visit completely escaped my notice! According to the Belgian court website it is a state visit. I didn't find a detailed agenda of the visit, but as it's a state visit there should be a banquet with tiara.

My guess is that the Queen will wear the bandeau of the 9-provinces tiara. It would be great if she decided to wear a nice necklace, or maybe the beautiful brooch she received from Queen Fabiola.

I would like to see Mathilde again with Queen Elisabeth's diamond bandeau which she wore on her wedding day. That tiara is currently owned by Queen Paola, but, since Paola is not wearing it these days, I guess she could loan it to her daughter-in-law.

Of course, I also hope Mathilde will one day wear Queen Fabiola's Spanish wedding gift tiara, but I'm afraid the Belgian royal family may no longer own that item.

Last edited:
It is said that the relationship between Paola and Mathilde isn't exactly too close, to put it mildly. I have no idea how credible these rumours are, but it seems unlikely to me that Mathilde will wear the art deco bandeau of queen Elisabeth while Queen Paola is still alive.

Like everybody else I'd love to see the Spanish tiara of Queen Fabiola again. But even if it is available for the present Queen, it would probably need a bigger event to debut it. Maybe on a royal-royal visit, like the upcoming State Visit to the Netherlands? That is, if she has access to that tiara.

I'd like to see the laurel bandeau again, but so far it looks like she favours the 9-provinces tiara. And who would blame her? After wearing the same tiara for so long, it must be nice to finally have another one to wear.

If Mathilde was to wear the Art deco tiara would have done so many years was a Princess. Not anymore who is Queen. I want to believe that the tiara will stay in the royal family may be the wedding tiara of Princess Elizabeth. If Paola course not inherited to her daughter or anywhere else.

I don't think she could wear it as Duchess of Brabant as the Art deco tiara at that time was worn frequently by Paola as queen consort. Now that Paola is semi-retired though and does not attend state functions on a regular basis anymore, I feel it would be OK to loan the tiara to Mathilde. As Tilia said though, the relationship between Paola and her daughter-in-law is rumored to be not exactly warm to say the least.

Anyway, my point is that Mathilde currently has only two tiaras readily available to her for normal use: the Laurel wreath and the Nine Provinces. If she were given the Art deco bandeau and the Spanish tiara (and maybe the small diamond necklace ?), she would have however a more respectable four (ot five) tiara collection, which would be more consistent with her status as the queen consort of a small, but wealthy European country and former colonial power like Belgium.

Last edited:
I think she will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces Tiara.

Like everybody else I'd love to see the Spanish tiara of Queen Fabiola again. But even if it is available for the present Queen, it would probably need a bigger event to debut it. Maybe on a royal-royal visit, like the upcoming State Visit to the Netherlands? That is, if she has access to that tiara.

I think you maybe right Tilla and hopefully we will see it a grand occasion like a State Visit to another kingdom!

I think Queen Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces Diadem today. And she will wear this diadem in full for the coming State Visit to the neighbouring Kingdom of the Netherlands. It would surprise me to see the Spanish Wedding Gift Diadem because the Nine Provinces is THE most valuable diadem and I can not imagine that Queen Mathilde would wear less than her best diamonds, vis-à-vis with Queen Máxima and her carat power.

Last edited:
So all our speculations came to nothing, there was not banquet in Brussels. :sad:

Tonight there will be state banquet for the Swedish monarchs in Lithuania. But I don't know the dress code of Lithuanian banquets. Can we expect big jewels and a tiara tonight?

Never mind I like the speculations even for nothing. For tonight I do not think that will wear the Queen tiara but definitely some jewelry. I would like to see emeralds.

What a pity! But I kind of expected it.

Next (small) chance:
On the 13th there is the Belgian SV to Poland. Probably tiara, because they have black tie banquets. Although Maxima has worn the peacock tiara at the Dutch visit. But that's Maxima...

So the next tiara event will probably be the Chinese visit to GB on the 20th.

We also have Maxima in China, but no one knows if we have any state banquet there. The program is still very vague, no dates yet (only end of october) because the Chinese government hasn't announced anything on the state visit yet. According to the protocol, the receiving party has to announce a visit first. Additionally, Mathilde didn't wear any tiara in China for her state visit so I wouldn't expect Máx to wear one. However, it's Máx so we never know.

I think QEII wil wear one of her diamond tiaras for the banquet, probably the Girls of Great Britain. She seems to wear this tiara every time lately.
If Camilla is attending, I expect her to wear her Boucheron Honeycomb tiara. However, I hope she's not attending, because we'll see Catherine (if she's attending) seated next to the president wearing a tiara :) and that would be awesome. I think Catherine will wear the Papyrus tiara. Sophie will be wearing the aquamarine tiara.

State Visits to China usually have a banquet, but the dress code is suit. So the ladies wear short dresses and certainly no tiaras.

Some statistics: Since 2011 I have counted 17 tiara sightings for QEII (without the State Diadem for Openings of Parliament.
Girls: 10 appearances
Vladimir: 4 appearance (twice with pearls, twice with emeralds)
Kokoshnik, Aquamarine, Fringe: 1 appearance each
I might have missed an outing or two, but statistics still show that the girls is always the safest bet.

Apart from her very first state banquet, Camilla has never worn anything other than the honeycomb tiara for state banquets. So if she attends, it will surely be the honeycomb.

If Katherine attends (which I hope for) my guess goes towards the scroll tiara. And for Sophie I hope for the 5 aquamarine tiara. Princess Anne is most difficult to guess, but she is often hidden behind flower bouquet on the main table.

Oh well I would give the Vladimir with pearls a chance too. Pearls are something important in China I believe, queen Máxima wore pearls too at the state banquet for the Chinese president visiting Netherlands.

We also have Maxima in China, but no one knows if we have any state banquet there. The program is still very vague, no dates yet (only end of october) because the Chinese government hasn't announced anything on the state visit yet. According to the protocol, the receiving party has to announce a visit first. Additionally, Mathilde didn't wear any tiara in China for her state visit so I wouldn't expect Máx to wear one. However, it's Máx so we never know.

[...]

Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)
Máxima wore a diadem when receiving China. (picture)
I think she will wear a diadem or one of those wonderful antique haircombs which come handy. (picture)

:flowers:

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)
Máxima wore a diadem when receiving China. (picture)
I think she will wear a diadem or one of those wonderful antique haircombs which come handy. (picture)

:flowers:

Mathilde wore a tiara when receiving China, but didn't wear one when visiting China. Maxima is known to be flamboyant and to like her jewels though. If you recall, she wore a diadem in Canada even though that was not the expected dressing code. I bet she's probably going to wear it in China too.

The same as in the Swedish royal couple's recent visit to France. It looks like, when visiting a republic, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia now stick to black tie and no tiaras.

At the swedish State Visit to France the dresscode was suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not black tie. And it are not Carl Gustaf and Silvia who decide which dresscode but the host which is in this case the President of Lithuania. But still disapponting that Silvia wore not tiara as she has aklso worn one at black tie Events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom