The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Nobility

the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
YAY that's how my Queen should look.Nothing can go wrong with the pink topaz demi parure and the lovely "Nobel 2011 gown" :)

Princess Christina was a nice surprise. Maybe the King has bought it back or Princess Margaretha has sold or lent it to her sister.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Margaretha wore the tiara at Victoria's wedding, but last summer at Madeleine's wedding she wore the Baden Fringe tiara.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post

Hope that you are right about the aquamarine tiara yeyee
Queen Silvia looks fantastic great combination
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?

Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!
It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time!
That would be very wonderful, but it isn't a state visit in fact, it's just an official visit so I don't know if we can even expect any tiaras during the banquet, although 'banquet' sounds like something with tiaras. I think Máx will only take the Stuart out if it is state visit from/to a monarchy...
Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Absolutely agree!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Nobility

Queen Silvia has said that she will never take the braganza tiara out of Sweden anymore so i guess the state visit to Denmark in 2007 will be the only exception as long as Silvia is Queen Consort.
As this is not a state visit i don't of if we should expect tiaras at all.
If it is a tiara event i would love to see 2 ruby Queens. Silvia with the Edward VII ruby tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio ruby tiara would be something :) Or Silvia with the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio sapphire tiara.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?

But seriously, if Maxima intends to wear the Stuart during her husband’s reign, she’d probably wait for a couple of years. And it would be some really big event, like an incoming royal State Visit, or a jubilee. (Queen Beatrix didn’t celebrate her jubilees with tiara events, but maybe the current Monarchs will have it their own way?)

Last October Queen Maxima wore her wedding star tiara for a visit of Shimon Peres. And afaik, that was no State Visit, but only an official visit. So I think that there is a chance for tiaras, although no guarantee.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

I think Máxima will wear the Stuart when they will make a state visit to a country that is a monarchy or when there is a incoming state visit from a country that is a monarchy...
I think we have to wait for a couple of years sadly enough, because they just had the introduction visits to those countries (Sweden, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway, Belgium, Spain, Brittain). I think when there is a state visit to GB we can really expect the biggest tiara there is.
She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.

I'm really looking forward to the State Visit to Poland, although I don't expect a big gun there either.

What do you expect (for Friday and for Poland)?
Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

There was indeed a tiara event at the Swedish visit however, Maxima wore the Diamond Bandeau tiara and Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara:

Pic
Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.
It was indeed a smaller tiara for Queen Máx (not the ones I mentioned) but... Princess Beatrix wore Queen Emma's Flower Tiara, so that one got an outing actually, although not on the Queen!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?
Yes it would be great to see that! The closest thing we saw that was at Victoria and Daniel's wedding. However I don't think we saw photos of Silvia and Maria Teresa together.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.
And if all that took place, this place would crash from the amount of people coming to see it all.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.
Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.
Or perhaps the Godman emerald necklace..... we shall find out this evening.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara