The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1081  
Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Baron Brockdorf's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manteleina, Rabat, Malta
Posts: 354
the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1082  
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
YAY that's how my Queen should look.Nothing can go wrong with the pink topaz demi parure and the lovely "Nobel 2011 gown" :)

Princess Christina was a nice surprise. Maybe the King has bought it back or Princess Margaretha has sold or lent it to her sister.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1083  
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,360
Princess Margaretha wore the tiara at Victoria's wedding, but last summer at Madeleine's wedding she wore the Baden Fringe tiara.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1084  
Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Hope that you are right about the aquamarine tiara yeyee
Queen Silvia looks fantastic great combination
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #1085  
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 128
On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1086  
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?

Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1087  
Old 03-28-2014, 05:54 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!
It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1088  
Old 03-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ...., Netherlands
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time!
That would be very wonderful, but it isn't a state visit in fact, it's just an official visit so I don't know if we can even expect any tiaras during the banquet, although 'banquet' sounds like something with tiaras. I think Máx will only take the Stuart out if it is state visit from/to a monarchy...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1089  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time!

Absolutely agree!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1090  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 447
Queen Silvia has said that she will never take the braganza tiara out of Sweden anymore so i guess the state visit to Denmark in 2007 will be the only exception as long as Silvia is Queen Consort.
As this is not a state visit i don't of if we should expect tiaras at all.
If it is a tiara event i would love to see 2 ruby Queens. Silvia with the Edward VII ruby tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio ruby tiara would be something :) Or Silvia with the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio sapphire tiara.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1091  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,833
If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?

But seriously, if Maxima intends to wear the Stuart during her husband’s reign, she’d probably wait for a couple of years. And it would be some really big event, like an incoming royal State Visit, or a jubilee. (Queen Beatrix didn’t celebrate her jubilees with tiara events, but maybe the current Monarchs will have it their own way?)

Last October Queen Maxima wore her wedding star tiara for a visit of Shimon Peres. And afaik, that was no State Visit, but only an official visit. So I think that there is a chance for tiaras, although no guarantee.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1092  
Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ...., Netherlands
Posts: 134
I think Máxima will wear the Stuart when they will make a state visit to a country that is a monarchy or when there is a incoming state visit from a country that is a monarchy...
I think we have to wait for a couple of years sadly enough, because they just had the introduction visits to those countries (Sweden, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway, Belgium, Spain, Brittain). I think when there is a state visit to GB we can really expect the biggest tiara there is.
She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.

I'm really looking forward to the State Visit to Poland, although I don't expect a big gun there either.

What do you expect (for Friday and for Poland)?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1093  
Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 5,106
There was indeed a tiara event at the Swedish visit however, Maxima wore the Diamond Bandeau tiara and Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara:

Pic
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1094  
Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ...., Netherlands
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.
It was indeed a smaller tiara for Queen Máx (not the ones I mentioned) but... Princess Beatrix wore Queen Emma's Flower Tiara, so that one got an outing actually, although not on the Queen!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1095  
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?
Yes it would be great to see that! The closest thing we saw that was at Victoria and Daniel's wedding. However I don't think we saw photos of Silvia and Maria Teresa together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1096  
Old 04-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?
And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #1097  
Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,833
There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1098  
Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.
And if all that took place, this place would crash from the amount of people coming to see it all.
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #1099  
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.
Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #1100  
Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.
Or perhaps the Godman emerald necklace..... we shall find out this evening.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Royal Jewels Little_star Royal Jewels 47 07-26-2014 01:25 AM
Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 534 01-01-2014 04:44 AM
The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013) Empress Current Events Archive 363 05-01-2013 01:18 PM
Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 738 04-01-2013 05:38 AM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events 1: 29 April 2011- 30 November 2011 wbenson Current Events Archive 1081 12-01-2011 01:42 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]