Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. Sophie of Wessex: I'd love to know whether that aquamarine necklace tiara is still there. She hasn't worn it in ages, not even as a necklace.

Re. Indian SV: The Queen hasn't worn the 9 prongs tiara very often lately. I believe that this will be her choice. Unfortunately the ruby tiara seems to be rather at the bottom of her priority list.

Please no buttons for Victoria! But I agree that they are a likely choice. I do prefer the large cut steel tiara.

Is there a chance that Princess Christina attends? She is not often at SVs, but she attended the Turquish visit in 2013.

I think it couild that the swedish Royl ladies go for smaller tiaras for the State Banquet today. Therefore i think the Queen could also wear the Conmaught tiara and Victoria perhaps for the small cut stell tiara.
Let's hope the nine pronge is not again the Queen's choice for the Wedding.

It was announced that Queen Mathilde will attend the forthcoming Swedish wedding. Wonder what tiara she might wear? I suspect it might it be the 9 Provinces in bandeau form only. That said, it would be great if something from Queen Fabiola's collection makes an appearance.

:previous: Isn't it great that Mathilde will be at the wedding? And is there anybody here who would not want to see her with Fabiola's tiara? But I too don't really expect to see Fabiola's jewels. Maybe she will wear her laurel tiara again, because this is a private event. Of course she is allowed to wear the 9-provinces tiara to private events as well. I just thought that she may want to alternate between her tiaras. I would also like to see again the big brooch which Fabiola gifted to her.

:previous: Isn't it great that Mathilde will be at the wedding? And is there anybody here who would not want to see her with Fabiola's tiara? But I too don't really expect to see Fabiola's jewels. Maybe she will wear her laurel tiara again, because this is a private event. Of course she is allowed to wear the 9-provinces tiara to private events as well. I just thought that she may want to alternate between her tiaras. I would also like to see again the big brooch which Fabiola gifted to her.

Completely agree. If she can't get something from Fabiola's stash, the Laurel Wreath may not be a bad option.

Who inherited Queen Fabiola's jewels ? I recall that there was some speculation here on TRF that she might have given out most of her personal items to a charity foundation. Is that true ?

Last edited:
:previously: Unfortunately the laurel wreath and the 9-provinces bandeau are quite different in style. Imo they don't match well. Otherwise it would be nice if she wore one of them as necklace and the other one as tiara.

I want to see her with the fabiola's tiara. I don't believe she wore the 9-provinces tiara. Maybe the laurel tiara is more imbossible.

The 9-provinces tiara comblete wore it only one time to 75th celebrations for Queen Margrethe. And wore only the bottom to the visit of chinese president. There is no so many several times.

I'm sorry but i don't know very good the tiaras with their names.Can you tell me where Mathilde or Paola wore this tunesian demi parure tiara so i find it and i can see it which tiara is.

The lily tiara would be a wlecome change but my guess is that we will see again her floral wreath tiara.

Yes ia agree this tiara i believe we see.

I think Maxima wore the bigger tiara she has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see her with the fabiola's tiara. I don't believe she wore the 9-provinces tiara. Maybe the laurel tiara is more imbossible.

She has already used the Nine-Provinces tiara several times, including recently at the 75th birthday celebrations for Queen Margrethe.

The 9-provinces tiara comblete wore it only one time to 75th celebrations for Queen Margrethe. And wore only the bottom to the visit of chinese president. There is no so many several times.

That's twice, and at least one more time for the official portraits, so three times at least.

It would be even more exciting if Mathilde would wear Queen Astrid’s Stockholm wedding gift tiara, as pendant perhaps or as brooch to fix the sash. IF this piece is still in the family vault this would be THE occasion to wear it.

i would love to see Queen Mathilde in the full tunesian demi parure. But i don't think it is very likely as the green stones in the necklace will probably not got to well with the blue/yelow sash of the Order of the Polar Star.

I guess we'll get the usual state visit things tonight

The Queen : Nine prong tiara / Connaught diamond tiara

The Crown Princess : Button Tiara / Cut Steel Tiara

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson (if she is attending) : Button tiara

With that said i am hoping to be surprised

I'm sorry but i don't know very good the tiaras with their names.Can you tell me where Mathilde or Paola wore this tunesian demi parure tiara so i find it and i can see it which tiara is.
The tunesian demi parure has belonged to Queen Fabiola. Mathilde has worn twice the earrings of it it apparently it was gifted to her by Fabiola. There are pics of her wearing it in the Queen Mathilde Jewellery thread.

I predict Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara and Sonja will wear Queen Maud's pearl tiara at the wedding.

Last edited:
The Gala Dinner in Stockholm tonight for the President of India:

Queen Silvia - The Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Large Cut Steel Tiara

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

The usual state visit things ;-)

As V is wearing the Cut steel tonight i think we can expect her in the baden fringe tiara in 12 days ;)

Not sure about the Queen though. She has some options. Sorry ladies (and gentlemen) who don't like it but i still think there's a pretty huge chance that the Nine prong tiara may get 2 outings in June.

But i am keeping my fingers crossed for the Connaught Ruby tiara and the beautiful Scarab necklase.

Last edited:

I'm glad my predictions were right. Mostly because it seems Silvia is unlikely to wear that tiara at the wedding.

Not sure about the Queen though. She has some options. Sorry ladies (and gentlemen) who don't like it but i still think there's a pretty huge chance that the Nine prong tiara may get 2 outings in June.

Nothing against that as long as the second outing will be one another lady then the Queen.

Nothing against that as long as the second outing will be one another lady then the Queen.

Let's hope for the Connaught Ruby Tiara, the scarab necklase, Princess Lilians wedding brooch and the large pearl drop earrings paired with a colorful dress.

The 3:rd sister of the King Princess Desiree Baroness Silfverschiöld would look great in a Grand Parure. Would love if she turned up in the Nine prong tiara and the Pink Topaz Demi Parure (though i guess it's unlikely).

Last edited:
Might the absence of the Connaught diamond tiara last night indicate that it may be resting before it reappears in less than a fortnight?

As it was announced today that from Norway Queen Sonja, the Crown princely Couple and Princess Märtha Louise with Ari will attend.
I hope Queen Sonja will wear the Desirée diamond tiara as it is comes originally from Sweden (the same can be said for the emerald's but i hope she gets them a rest this time), For Mette-Marit i would like to see her again in the small setting of Queen Maud's diamond and pearl tiara (but placed in a better way then in 2010) and for Märtha Louise perhaps the bandeau of the Malteser tiara.

Silvia : Connaught Ruby Tiara, Scarab Necklase.

Victoria : Baden fringe tiara, Pink topaz demi parure.

Sofia : Connaught Diamond tiara,

Madeleine : Modern fringe tiara.

Christina : 6-button tiara.

Desiree : Queen Louise's diamond tiara.

Birgitta : Amethyst tiara.

Margaretha : Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara.

Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara.

Mary : Wedding Tiara.

Marie : Flora danica tiara

Sonja : Desiree / Josehine diamond tiara.

Mette-Marit : Amethyst tiara.

Märtha-Louise : Vasa Tiara (i know it's Astrids but i wish she could borrow it for the occasion).

Mathilde : Nine Provinces tiara.

Sophie : Wedding Tiara.

Last edited:
Hans-Rickard, the attendence of Queen Margrethe and CP Mary have been confirmed, but not that of Princess Marie. I fear you have to take her out of your list:sad:, although I'd like to see the Flora Danica tiara again.

I love the idea of Märtha-Louise with the Vasa tiara! And what if Mette-Marit wore the diamond tiara of Queen Maud, the one that Pr. Ragnhild used to wear?:D Completely unlikely, but dreaming is allowed!
Might the absence of the Connaught diamond tiara last night indicate that it may be resting before it reappears in less than a fortnight?
I don't think that we can count on that. Queen Silvia has worn the Connaught tiara unusually frequently over the last 18 months or so. More often than the 9 prongs. So I think she just wanted to wear Queen Sophia's diamond tiara once again.

Hans-Rickard, the attendence of Queen Margrethe and CP Mary have been confirmed, but not that of Princess Marie. I fear you have to take her out of your list:sad:, although I'd like to see the Flora Danica tiara again.

I love the idea of Märtha-Louise with the Vasa tiara! And what if Mette-Marit wore the diamond tiara of Queen Maud, the one that Pr. Ragnhild used to wear?:D Completely unlikely, but dreaming is allowed!

I don't think that we can count on that. Queen Silvia has worn the Connaught tiara unusually frequently over the last 18 months or so. More often than the 9 prongs. So I think she just wanted to wear Queen Sophia's diamond tiara once again.

Wasn't there a rumour that the bigger and historically significant tiaras of both Ragnhild and Astrid was destined to go back to the main line of the family?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wasn't there a rumour that the bigger and historically significant tiaras of both Ragnhild and Astrid was destined to go back to the main line of the family?

Yes the-big damond tiara from Queen Maud which was last worn by Princess Ragnhild is now back with the Main line. The question is only when it will appaer and who will wear it.
My guess is that it will be Queen Sonja who wears it as Mette-Marit seems to prefer the smaller tiaras.

Yes, I think it is even more than a rumour and pretty much seen as a fact. It refers to jewels from CP Märtha, and that includes both the Vasa and the diamond tiaras. But Princess Astrid is still alive the NRF doesn't have a big tradition of loaning tiaras.

And the tiara of Princess Ragnhild hasn't been seen since her death. It would be quite senstaional if Mette-Marit wore it to the wedding. Especially if you take into acount that MM always prefers to wear her smallest tiara hidden in the back of her hairstyle. She is so low-key in her tiara that I don't see her going for something spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom