The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm curious; if this tiara is still owned by Viscount Linley, how did Kate wind up wearing it?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm curious; if this tiara is still owned by Viscount Linley, how did Kate wind up wearing it?
Kensington Palace confirmed it was on loan from the Queen, so I think it's safe to assume the tiara was never left to Viscount Linley, and was probably a lifetime loan to Princess Margaret that went back to the Queen when she died.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

May never have been owned by Linley. Was used by Princess Margaret - therefore may have been on loan and went back to HMQ

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if it ever belonged to Viscount Linley or even Princess Margaret herself. It could be that this was a lifetime loan from the Queen Mother and passed to the QEII with the rest of her jewels. If it was Margaret's property, then it could be that she left it to her sister. The only problem I can see with this is if HM received this tiara in 2002 (from either the Oueen Mother or Princess Margaret) then why wasn't it included in Hugh Roberts' book?

Either way, its reappearance is exciting because its whereabouts have been a rather big question mark for over a decade now.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Majesty

I'm glad the tiara was on loan to the Linley's and given back to The Queen because they probably would've sold it. Now we know its on loan to The Duchess of Cambridge.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks all, the loan of the Papyrus tiara to Princess Margaret sounds like a viable explanation. Now if only the Strathmore Rose tiara was refurbished, what a lovely tiara for Kate to wear as well.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Gentry

I'm now wondering if the turquoise tiara is in HM's possession as well...
Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that Victoria has worn the Cut Steel Tiara two times in a row recently, most likely she will not wear that tiara at the Nobel Prizes. The same thing goes for Queen Silvia and the Connaught Tiara. I really hope Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara as it's been two years since she's last worn it.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
I hope it is because Catherine could play around with that tiara too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Thanks all, the loan of the Papyrus tiara to Princess Margaret sounds like a viable explanation. Now if only the Strathmore Rose tiara was refurbished, what a lovely tiara for Kate to wear as well.
The Strathmore Rose tiara is a favorite of mine. I agree, it would make a lovely tiara for Kate. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_SGOPhVkL0...Exhibition.jpg

According to The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: "This piece hasn't been worn in public for many decades, and certainly tiara-wearing styles have changed since then. We've only seen it on the Queen Mother, and only in her early royal days. It remained in her collection for the rest of her life, though, and passed to the Queen when she died in 2002."The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Strathmore Rose
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Now that Victoria has worn the Cut Steel Tiara two times in a row recently, most likely she will not wear that tiara at the Nobel Prizes. The same thing goes for Queen Silvia and the Connaught Tiara. I really hope Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara as it's been two years since she's last worn it.
I agree that it's unlikely that they'll repeat the Connaught and the cut steel again for the Nobels.

For the Queen I hope for the Cameo tiara, which didn't have it's fair share of outings lately (apart from Victoria's wedding).
As for Victoria, I hope she'll trot out the laurel tiara again for the awards ceremony, and the Baden fringe for the second day dinner.
I think that Madeleine will wear her modern fringe at least once.
And if the 6-buttons must be worn, please let it be Princess Christina. She his the only one with the right hair for this tiara.

On another note: two years ago the Grand Ducal couple from Luxembourg attended, because there was a award winner from Luxemourg. This year there is one Belgian laureate.... may we hope for Belgian royal attendance?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree that it's unlikely that they'll repeat the Connaught and the cut steel again for the Nobels.

For the Queen I hope for the Cameo tiara, which didn't have it's fair share of outings lately (apart from Victoria's wedding).
As for Victoria, I hope she'll trot out the laurel tiara again for the awards ceremony, and the Baden fringe for the second day dinner.
I think that Madeleine will wear her modern fringe at least once.
And if the 6-buttons must be worn, please let it be Princess Christina. She his the only one with the right hair for this tiara.

On another note: two years ago the Grand Ducal couple from Luxembourg attended, because there was a award winner from Luxemourg. This year there is one Belgian laureate.... may we hope for Belgian royal attendance?

I also hope for the Cameo on the Queen and the ruby tiara the other day. Perhaps the ruby tiara could be paried with the scarab necklace which the Queen has inherited from Princess Lilian. I hope she gives the nine prone tiara a well deserved rest but as she has not worn it for this dinner it think is likely that it will be worn for one of the 2 days.
As for Victoria i hope no button tiara this years as she has worn both 2012 and 2011 one of them for the Awards Ceremony.
A belgian royal attendance would be nice.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We've got a picture of Camilla arriving before, and if people are tweeting we'll possible get some kind of picture.
Are you able to share the picture of Camilla arriving for the reception at BP yesterday?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
I certainly hope it is. It would be great to see Camilla use it.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Are you able to share the picture of Camilla arriving for the reception at BP yesterday?
If you check the British Royal Family thread, you'll notice that the conversation drifted to how sometimes a photo taken through a car window can be quite awful and distorted and someone posted a picture of Camilla arriving at a previous reception held. Or, it was during the discussion of any pictures ever being released from this event. I forget exactly. There were no pictures at all other than the ones we saw of William and Kate arriving in the car.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

I also hope for the Cameo on the Queen and the ruby tiara the other day. Perhaps the ruby tiara could be paried with the scarab necklace which the Queen has inherited from Princess Lilian. I hope she gives the nine prone tiara a well deserved rest but as she has not worn it for this dinner it think is likely that it will be worn for one of the 2 days.
As for Victoria i hope no button tiara this years as she has worn both 2012 and 2011 one of them for the Awards Ceremony.
A belgian royal attendance would be nice.
I'm also hoping for the Cameo Parure on the Queen as it was 9 years since she last wore it to the Nobel banquet. As she with a few exceptions has worn the nine prong tiara or the sapphire tiara to most of the Nobel banquets through the years it would be nice to see something else.
I also hope she will wear the Scarab necklase for the 1:st time next week. I'd say the Cameo parure to 10:th december and one of the diamond tiaras paired with the scarab necklase to 11:th december.

I really hope Victoria will show up in the baden fringe tiara as it was way to long since last time.
This year she wore the small cut steel tiara to the turkish state visit, the amethyst tiara to the april gala dinner in Netherlands, the laurel wreath tiara to her sisters wedding and the large cut steel tiara to the portugese state visit and yeaterdays representation dinner so i'd say the baden fringe tiara to 10:th december and laurel wreath tiara to 11:th december.

I guess Princess Madeleine and Princess Christina will wear the large cut steel tiara and the 6 button tiara and swap tiaras with each other to next day.

It would be nice with a visit from Philippe and Mathilde but i think that would have been announced by now.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Wasn´t there rumors, that CP Victoria received a tiara at the birth of Estelle - one from former Estelle Bernadotte? What about this one? This would be - simply wow.

Apart from that I hope for the Baden Fringe on the Nobels Day and on Princess Lilians Tiara on the second day.

BYe Bine
Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It wasn't a picture of Camilla arriving to last nights Reception, it was from a previous year when she wore The Shand Family tiara. It circulated in regards to the fact we have got pictures before so there was a chance of getting the same picture with Catherine.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KCl21Q-aqV...f+Cornwall.jpg

This is the picture.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

If Mathilde and Philippe attend the Nobel Prizes, it would be nice to see Mathilde in the full Nine Provinces Tiara.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Nobels
I hope that queen Silvia wears the Cameo Parure at the Prize ceremony, and the Ruby tiara or Amethyst tiara at the King's dinner. I don't want to see the Nine Prong tiara on her this year.
Hopefully Victoria wears the Baden Fringe Tiara at the Prize ceremony, and the Laurel Wreath Tiara at the King's dinner. Some big surprise would of course be great.
Madeleine probably wears the Modern Fringe Tiara at the Prize ceremony and one of the Button Tiaras at the King's dinner.
Christina could wear the Cut Steel Tiara at the Prize ceremony and the other Button Tiara at the King's dinner.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara