Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mary wearing a pendant or brooch from the parue on a plain chain? If you look closely the patterns of the rubies are similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Mary wearing a pendant or brooch from the parue on a plain chain? If you look closely the patterns of the rubies are similar.

She is wearing a part of the brooch as a pendant. :) She is also wearing the rest of the brooch on her hip.

I was wondering which tiara Princesses of Europe would use in Princess Victoria's wedding this year. If it will be a gala wedding, of course...

I was wondering which tiara Princesses of Europe would use in Princess Victoria's wedding this year. If it will be a gala wedding, of course...

Its undoubtedly going to be a tiara event. :)

Princess Mary: Her wedding tiara.
Princess Madeline: King Carl Gustav Fringe most likely.
Maxima: Diamond Bandeau.
Mathilde: Imageshack - april7dubai0tu.jpg
Letizia: Prussian Tiara
MM: Diamond Daisy or Amethyst Tiara.
Marie: Her loaned floral tiara.

Isnt it tradition for ladies to wear their own wedding tiaras to other weddings?

Isnt it tradition for ladies to wear their own wedding tiaras to other weddings?
I used to think so too, but then I was astonished that Mary wore the ruby parure to Marie and Joachim's wedding. But Maxima only wore her wedding tiara twice after her own wedding: at the weddings of Martha-Louise of Norway and Frederik of Denmark. So I bet she will wear it again in Sweden. It seems a lovely and sentimental tradition to me. I don't think that Letizia has ever been to a white tie wedding gala after her own wedding, so I can't say. But since she hardly gets anything else to wear I guess she will wear her wedding tiara. Though it would be great if the Spanish royals would use the event to finially wear some of the grander pieces of the collection again. Mathilde will wear her laurel wreath tiara, since the wedding tiara was a loan from the Queen she is not likely to wear again. I'm not sure if Mette-Marit ever wore the amethyst tiara for a wedding, so I can't tell.
I will be so disappointed if it won't be a big tiara event! Let's hope for a glamorous pre-wedding gala as well.

I guess it will be a very good year for tiara watching: isn't Queen Margrethes 70th birthday coming up as well? There should be a nice gala with a good number of royal guests as well.
And then Princess Nathalie just announced her engagement: so the Khedive of Egypt tiara is likely to make it's next appearance on a royal bride.
And we can speculate about the wedding tiara of Tatiana Blatnik. I would guess that she will wear the antique corsage tiara, the same tiara Marie Chantal wore on her wedding.

Wow, I had no idea that this ball was going to take place.
The Queen wore her floral aigrette [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Benedikte wore the pearl and star tiara [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
This is not an annual event, is it?
I wonder who might represent the Windsors', and what tiara might get used?
My wish: both Charles & Camilla and Edward & Sophie. And may the Queen please dig out some long-unseen tiaras!!!

I'd love to see Zara attend Victoria's wedding and the York princesses as well! Maybe even William and Harry.

I hope QM let's Mary and Marie have a pick from her tiara collection. It's so sad to see them wearing the same tiara over and over again while the other CP's, esp Maxima, have many choices.
As for the SRF I'd love to see what they have been hiding in their jewel vaults! I feel that
we don't see enough. I'd love to see Letizia wear her wedding tiara.
And for GD Maria-Theresa we know she has plent of beautiful tiaras and jewels and I'd love to see her pull out something really amazing.
The BRF, we know The Queen loves to hold out on us but I am hoping that digs out something really beautiful for Victoria's for Camilla or Sophie to wear. But I am really HOPING that she goes to the wedding too.

Most likely Sophie and Edward, maybe just maybe the York Girls.
I hoope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. Afterall he has attended al Crown princelöy Weddings with the exception of Denmark. And it would be Camilla's debut on a royal Event on the Continent.

[/QUOTE]No it isn't an annual event. [/QUOTE]
It takes place once in an electorial periode. The last one was Autum 2006 and before in Janaura 2004.

Thank you for explaining about the court ball.

I don't think that Zara or the York girls will attend the wedding. Afaik they never before attended official galas or represented the crown and maybe they never will. Maybe the only time we will ever see them wearing a tiara will be at their own weddings.
So I still think that Charles & Camilla and/or Edward & Sophie will be the ones to attend the wedding.
I am dreaming about a second tiara for Princess Mathilde, by the way. There are two smaller diamond tiaras in the family which haven't been worn for ages (if I'm not mistaken). The Wolfers tiara of Q. Fabiola and the (very) small necklace tiara of Q. Paola. So non of the queens would miss it if they give or lend it to Mathilde who then could wear different tiaras for the wedding and the pre-wedding gala.................ohh, I know, I just dreaming.

The necklace tiara is often worn by Queen Paola as necklace. Perhaps Mathilde could borrow the bandeau again from the Queen and Paola can use the Empire tiara.
But what about the swedish ladies.
For Victoria the Cameo tiara
Silvia the Braganca tiara
Madeleine the amethysts

Perhaps Mathilde could borrow the bandeau again from the Queen and Paola can use the Empire tiara.
I wouldn't mind that! It only seems unlikely to me because Paola often wears the bandeau herself. But it's time that they look at their Dutch neighbours and start sharing the jewels, imo.

But what about the swedish ladies.
For Victoria the Cameo tiara
Silvia the Braganca tiara
Madeleine the amethysts

What do you think about this:
Victoria: Cameo tiara for the wedding and Connaught for the pre-wedding gala
Silvia: Branganca and Leuchtenberg sapphires
Madeleine: amethysts and the modern fringe
Lilian: I fear she won't be well enough to attend
And I would like to see some HQ pics of Victoria's aunts and cousins, with one of them wearing the aquamarine tiara which hasn't been seen for a couple of years. Or even better: Victoria wears the aquamarine tiara at the pre-wedding gala!

For the Wedding Gala i think the same as you only i would prefer the Ruby tiara for Queen Silvia.
And the Kings sisters
Princess Margaretha: the baden fringe tiara for the pre Wedding Gala and the six button tiara for the Wedding
Princess Birgitta: her own diamond and pearl tiara for the pre Wedding Gala and the nine pronge tiara for the Wedding
Princess Désirée: the four button tiara for the pre Wedding Gala and her own diamond tiara for the Wedding
Pricnwess Christina: her own diamond tiara for the pre Wedding Gala and the Cut Steel tiara for the Wedding

Thanks for posting the pics, lumutqueen! Again this gala caught me by surprise. I was looking for announcements of state visits, so I missed this representation dinner. It's a pity that Madeleine didn't attend.
The Connaught tiara hasn't been seen since Victoria's name day last year. Now that it came out again I will reluctantly cross it off my short list for the wedding tiara.:ermm:

Now that the state visit from South Africa to the UK has been announced for March, it will be interesting to see the royal jewels that make an outing. Any guesses?

The Connaught tiara hasn't been seen since Victoria's name day last year. Now that it came out again I will reluctantly cross it off my short list for the wedding tiara.:ermm:

Why cross it off just because it's been seen this year?

Now that the state visit from South Africa to the UK has been announced for March, it will be interesting to see the royal jewels that make an outing. Any guesses?

Queen Elizabeth = http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZLyDLwU8W...gacMqeTQiQ/s400/Forum.alexanderpalace.org.jpg
Camilla = http://www.royalanecdotes.com/wp-content/CamillaJewels.jpg
Anne = http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/WKirkwood/UK/AnneGreekKeyMeanderTiara.jpg

If they attend.

Duchess of Gloucester = http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76670&d=1105109297
Princess Michael of Kent = http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/29/article-1030376-01CA9AE400000578-183_468x685.jpg

I too think that the Queen will wear something big. The Kokoshnik is certainly a contender, as might be the Grand Duchess.
Query whether Camilla takes out the Greville necklace, even in three string form?
Some of the brooches that have diamonds that have a link will SA might make an appearance (Granny's Chips?)

is Victoria's wedding going to be an afternoon wedding or a morning one?

My guess for the state visit from SA:
QEII: the Vladimir tiara (preferedly with the pearls)
Camilla: the honeycomb tiara, as usual
Anne: her festoon tiara (the gift from the shipping company) - and I want some CLEAR pictures of her. For the last few state visits she was always blurred in the the background.
Duchess of Glocester: Indian pearl and sapphire tiara
Princess Michael: I guess she won't attend, but if she does: the fringe tiara

Isn't Victoria's name day in March? That might be the next big gala after the SA state visit.

Isn't Victoria's name day in March? That might be the next big gala after the SA state visit.

Yes Victoiras nameday is on 12. March. But there will be no Galadinner. Last year it was a concidence that one of the Representations Gals was on this day. This year there will be only one (which took place a few weeks ago) and not several like usually.

:previous:What a pity, but thanks for explaining, Stefan.

As much as I would love to see the kokoshnik tiara resurface again, I dont think it will. It doesnt seem to look right on HM any more. But Im having my fingers crossed for the Grand Duchess w/emeralds and If its my lucky day, the Godman Necklace as well!!!

As for Camilla, most likely the honeycomb, though I wouldnt mind the Cubbitt tiara worn with all five strands of the Greville necklace.

I'd like to see the Delhi Durbar again, but I doubt it.

I'd like to see the Delhi Durbar again, but I doubt it.

It would be great to see the Delhi Durbar again, and SA is one of the countries for which it can be worn, without causing offence to the Indian people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom