Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be amazing to rediscover the long lost Dutch Pearl Poire diadem in the Orange vaults or if it someway made its way back!

It wil never happen. Most likely the twin-diadem has been broken up, otheriwse we would have seen it on a Princess Reuss.

It wil never happen. Most likely the twin-diadem has been broken up, otheriwse we would have seen it on a Princess Reuss.

Could also be that it was sold by the Family as the have no need for it anymore. This members of the Reuß Family belong to a very junior line and are never seen in public (or recognized) like other members.

The guest list has not been revealed but here are my predictions for the Swedish royal wedding:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: Connaught tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Floral Danica tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: 18th Birthday
Theodora: Alexia's Diamond tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Marie Chantal: Fringe tiara
Benedikte: Floral tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Charlene: Ocean tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine tiara
Christina: Aquamarine tiara
Margaretha: Cut Steel Tiara
Desiree: Six Button Tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara

I assume the list will be similar to Madeleine's guest list.

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

My predictions at the moment for the
Female guests i think will be there are

Silvia : Sapphire Tiara or Nine prong tiara

Victoria : Large Cut steel tiara

Sofia : Connaught diamond tiara or Cameo tiara

Madeleine if she is there : Modern fringe tiara

Christina : 6-button tiara

Desirée : Private diamond tiara or Nine prong tiara if Silvia is wearing something else (only of the haga sisters who still hasn't worn the Nine prong tiara and the one with the best hair to do it).

Birgitta : Baden fringe tiara

Margareta : Private Aquamarine Tiara or amethyst tiara

Mette Marit : Amethyst tiara

Märtha-Louise : Would like to see her borrow the Vasa tiara from Astrid for this occasion.

Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara or Turqoise bandeau

Mary : Wedding tiara

Marie : Flora danica tiara

Stephanie : The luxembourg amethyst parure

Laurentien : Dutch Aquamarine Parure

Charlene : Diamond foam tiara (hopefully she wears some jewels this time)

Marie Chantal : Fringe tiara

Tatijana : Her wedding tiara

Ursula of Bavaria : A family tiara

Anna of Bavaria : A family tiara

I belive Benedikte will stay home as acting regent this time. Or i hope she will because i want Joachim and Marie to attend. And as it is trooping the colour in London on the actual wedding day there will probably be no Edward and Sophie in Sweden this year.

Last edited:

What tiara occasions do we have in the near future. Help me fill out the list

Representation dinner in Sweden on 11:th February

State visit from Sweden to Finland between 3:rd and 5:th March

State Visit from Netherlands to Denmark between 17:th and 19:th March

3 possible but not certain tiara occasions in Denmark on 8:th, 15:th and 16:th April when Queen Margrethe celebrates her 75:th birthday. There will be 3 galas

The royal wedding in Sweden on 13:th June

State visit from UK to Germany between 24:th to 26:th June

Rumoured State visit from China to UK

Rumoured State visit / Official visit from Sweden to Lithuania

What more do we have ?

Last edited:
What tiara occasions do we have in the near future. Help me fill out the list

Representation dinner in Sweden on 11:th February

I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara, and Queen Silvia will wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Madeleine attends, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I really hope Madeleine will wear something else. The last time she wore a tiara other than her wedding tiara was at the 2012 Nobel Prizes when she wore the amethyst tiara.

I am not expecting it, but it would be a great surprise if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the event. I recall she wore it once at the same event in 2003. It's been almost 5 years since she wore the tiara in public I can't wait to see it again.

Last edited:
I am not expecting it, but it would be a great surprise if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the event. I recall she wore it once at the same event in 2003. It's been almost 5 years since she wore the tiara in public I can't wait to see it again.

No I don't think we should expect the Braganza for the dinner in February, and we can't expect a new official portrait either. But we are most probably coming closer to a new outing of the Braganza tiara. We have three new Kings in Europe that in a (hopefully) near future make state visits to Sweden.

No I don't think we should expect the Braganza for the dinner in February, and we can't expect a new official portrait either. But we are most probably coming closer to a new outing of the Braganza tiara. We have three new Kings in Europe that in a (hopefully) near future make state visits to Sweden.

And next year the King will turn 70. Probably there will be also some celebrations and she wore it in 2006 chances are that she would do so again in 2016.

I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara, and Queen Silvia will wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Madeleine attends, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I really hope Madeleine will wear something else. The last time she wore a tiara other than her wedding tiara was at the 2012 Nobel Prizes when she wore the amethyst tiara.

I think that Madeleine hasn't worn her aquamarine bandeau since 2008 (it's too small for an important family event anyway), she has worn the six buttons tiara only twice, the four buttons, Connaught and amethyst tiaras only once each. Even for her own wedding she wore the modern fringe, instead of wearing something more special from the collection. That's why I think she'll wear the modern fringe again. :sad: The repetition is becoming a bit boring, but the modern fringe is still better than the button tiaras, imo.

The guest list has not been revealed but here are my predictions for the Swedish royal wedding:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: Connaught tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Floral Danica tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: 18th Birthday
Theodora: Alexia's Diamond tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Marie Chantal: Fringe tiara
Benedikte: Floral tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Charlene: Ocean tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine tiara
Christina: Aquamarine tiara
Margaretha: Cut Steel Tiara
Desiree: Six Button Tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara

I assume the list will be similar to Madeleine's guest list.

I think the Netherlands will be represented by Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien, joined by their cousins the Duke and Duchess of Parma.

My prediction for Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands: the diadem from the Aquamarine Parure

My prediction for Princess Annemarie de Bourbon de Parme, the Duchess of Parma: her bridal diadem

:flowers:

I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara at the wedding but if Sofia does not wear the Connaught tiara, I think Victoria will wear it. Maybe one of the reasons she never wore the tiara is because she is saving for a very special occasion like one of her siblings weddings. Who knows, maybe she was going to wear the tiara at Madeleine's wedding but wore Lilian's tiara as she inherited it a few months before the wedding. I can't help but wonder what tiara Victoria would have worn if she did not wear Lilian's tiara.

I belive Victoria will wear one of her 4 tiaras (baden fringe, lilians and the 2 Cut steels) . Or maybe 2 of them and use 1 as a necklase. I belive if Victoria really wanted to wear the nine prong tiara or the connaught diamond tiara she would already have done it. I still belive that Madeleines outing of the
Connaught diamond tiara at Victorias wedding was a last minute swap from one of the fringe tiaras.

If Victoria would wear a tiara she hasn't worn before i'd rather see her in the Estelle tiara or Princess Margaretas Aquamarine tiara (together with a mint green, dark brown or dark red dress the aquamarine would look fabolous).

Last edited:
At Victoria's wedding the court website originally stated that Princess Madeleine is wearing "her own tiara", so I think she had planned to wear the modern fringe, not the the Baden fringe. It might have looked strange if she had worn Victoria's signature tiara, the Baden fringe, for Victoria's wedding.

I like your idea that Victoria should wear one tiara as a necklace, Hans-Rickard. Both the fringe and the laurel tiara make gorgeous necklaces. Imo, the laurel necklace is much, much better than it's tiara setting, especially with Victoria's hair. And it would be so nice if Princess Lilian were simbolically included in the wedding by wearing some of her jewels again.

My guess is, that only Princess Margretha might wear the aquamarine tiara at the wedding. Imo it would look a bit offending if Victoria wore it in her presence. It is a similar case as with the ruby tiara. Noone will wear it in the presence of Countess Marianne, if you ask me.

As for the cut steel tiaras, I think that the Crown Princess will reserve them for less important events, especially the small one. I think it will be diamonds for the wedding!

To be honest, I hope that as many ladies as possible wear tiaras which they haven't worn before. To finally see the pink tourmalines parure again would be so outstanding! But maybe it's another case of courtesy to the sellers, Countess Estelle's descendants might attend as well.

As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it. But guessing Maxima's tiara choice is soooo difficult because she has so much to choose from.

Did any of the Bourbon-Parmas attend the Swedish weddings before? I don't remember seeing them. I really don't think that the Duchess of Parma will be there, although it would be lovely if she were.

Last edited:
I like your idea that Victoria should wear one tiara as a necklace, Hans-Rickard. Both the fringe and the laurel tiara make gorgeous necklaces. Imo, the laurel necklace is much, much better than it's tiara setting, especially with Victoria's hair. And it would be so nice if Princess Lilian were simbolically included in the wedding by wearing some of her jewels again.

I like your idea of one of the diamond tiara's (Fringe or Laurel) being used as a necklace, but I am not sure I have ever seen the Fringe used as a necklace. Query whether it is convertible at all?

The necklace I would love to see Victoria use is the Napoleanic emerald and diamond necklace. She has only used it once, and it would be lovely to see this used again sometime soon.

As for the cut steel tiaras, I think that the Crown Princess will reserve them for less important events, especially the small one. I think it will be diamonds for the wedding!

I agree, I would be surprised if Victoria used a cut steel tiara at the wedding. I really like the larger cut-steel on her, less sure about the smaller one.

As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it.

I would be surprised if WA & Max attended.

At Victoria's wedding the court website originally stated that Princess Madeleine is wearing "her own tiara", so I think she had planned to wear the modern fringe, not the the Baden fringe. It might have looked strange if she had worn Victoria's signature tiara, the Baden fringe, for Victoria's wedding.

My guess is, that only Princess Margretha might wear the aquamarine tiara at the wedding. Imo it would look a bit offending if Victoria wore it in her presence. It is a similar case as with the ruby tiara. Noone will wear it in the presence of Countess Marianne, if you ask me.

To be honest, I hope that as many ladies as possible wear tiaras which they haven't worn before. To finally see the pink tourmalines parure again would be so outstanding! But maybe it's another case of courtesy to the sellers, Countess Estelle's descendants might attend as well.

As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it. But guessing Maxima's tiara choice is soooo difficult because she has so much to choose from.

Did any of the Bourbon-Parmas attend the Swedish weddings before? I don't remember seeing them. I really don't think that the Duchess of Parma will be there, although it would be lovely if she were.

Would indeed be great to see Baden fringe tiara or the large Cut steel tiara on her head and the laurel wreath tiara around her neck.

It probably depends on who owns the aquamarine tiara nowdays. Is it Princess Margareta and she wants to wear something else she may borrow it to someone but it will probably be untouched if it she doesn't wear it and it's true that she has sold it to her brother due to financial difficulties.

I don't think the large Cut steel is reserved for less important events as she uses it regularily for the Nobel Prize Award ceremony and Banquet wich together with the wedding is the most important event of the year for the royal family. But i understand how you mean. Let's hope as many diamond tiaras as possible will be in use.

Don't know about the Estelle Tiara. Her son Count Bertil Bernadotte will probably be among the guests but i think he expects it to be worn if he has sold his mothers tiara. He and Jill has no financial troubles as far as i know.

Always difficult to guess jewels for the dutch ladies. As it is not a wedding for the nr 3 in line to the throne i don't think any "big guns" will be used. Would be nice to have W-A and Maxima there but if they follow protocol when they send out invitations the dutch invitation will probably go to Constantijn and Laurentien or Princess Beatrix.
The only Foreign monarch i think will be there is Queen Margrethe II as she is Godmother to Carl-Philip.

Last edited:
I like your idea of one of the diamond tiara's (Fringe or Laurel) being used as a necklace, but I am not sure I have ever seen the Fringe used as a necklace. Query whether it is convertible at all?
Queen Victoria wore it as a necklace, so the Baden fringe must be convertible.

If Queen Margrethe's birthday has 3 tiara events, then I predict Mary will wear all of the 3 tiaras she's worn so far, as she did at her 70th birthday celebrations. I doubt it but it would be great if Mary wore a tiara she's never worn before while she is still a Crown Princess.

Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen

Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen

I would love to see Marie in the ruby tiara, but I doubt that will happen. I would also love if Mary wore Marie diamond floral tiara, but I somehow doubt that as well.

I would love to see Marie in the ruby tiara, but I doubt that will happen. I would also love if Mary wore Marie diamond floral tiara, but I somehow doubt that as well.

I agree it is unlikely that any tiaras would be swapped around. That said, I think Mary could do justice to the Nassult tiara.

Could also be that Margrethe uses the Naasut tiara at one the celebrations.
Would be nice if Masrgrethe would loan the Baden palmette tiara the Mary once. Or if Baden palmette be loaned to Marie and Mary could borrow the floral tiara wusally worn by Marie.
But i don't think this likely as the danish ladies don't share their Jewels.

I fear that there will be only two tiara events for Queen Margethe's birthday: the gala dinner on the 15th at Christiansborg will be probably the usual Gala for the official Denmark, without foreign royals. On the 15th there'll be the dinner at Fredensborg, probably similar to the black tie and tiara event with friends and foreign Royals of five years ago.

On her 70th Birthday there was a gala concert on the day before the Fredensborg dinner, and most royal guests attended both festivities. But this year the concert is panned to be one week before the other events and it is to be in Aarhus. I think it will be more like the concert for Prince Henrik's 80th birthday last year, with suits, short evening dresses and without serious jewels:sad:.

For those Official Danish Dinner the Queen often wears some of the Crown jewels, so maybe the emerald parure? Or she might wear the big pearls together with the Naasut tiara, which also has a somewhat official character. It's a present from Greenland, after all. I guess that Mary and Marie will go for their big guns, ruby parure and floral tiara.

For the more privat dinner at Fredensborg I predict the midnight and the lily tiara. And the Queen might go for her favourite floral aigrette.

For princess Benedikte: a tiara of Danish origin for the official Dinner, I think it will be the star tiara. And the Berleburg fringe for the private Dinner. Let's hope that her daughters will be there to trot out the floral and the star tiara again!

The Swedish Royal Family is out in full force for the official dinner on February 11th. As said previously The King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will attend. Now is Prince Carl Philip and Sofia and Princess Madeleine added to the calendar.

I'm afraid won't see something new at all. The Modern fringe for Princess Madeleine...as usual.....

I think that they will all choose some of their favourites. My guess:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs tiara
CP Victoria: one of the cut steel tiaras, I hope for the large one
P Madeleine: the modern fringe

Last year Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik, but it seems she doesn't attend this time?

I think that they will all choose some of their favourites. My guess:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs tiara
CP Victoria: one of the cut steel tiaras, I hope for the large one
P Madeleine: the modern fringe

Last year Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik, but it seems she doesn't attend this time?

She's never mentioned in the calender at their website. It's just the King, Queen, Their kids and in laws.

I don't expect something out of the ordinary for a representation dinner. As long as the small Cut steel tiara and the 4-button tiara is left in the vaults I'm happy.

I think she will wear her wedding tiara, but I hope Madeleine will surprise us by wearing another tiara like the Connaught, or the amethyst tiaras.

My predictions for the dinner tomorrow :

The Queen : Nine prong tiara or the Connaught diamond tiara

The Crown Princess : The large Cut steel tiara

Sofia : No tiara. Would be nice if she wore a necklase and earrings from Princess Lilian that Carl Philip inherited

Princess Madeleine : Modern fringe tiara

Princess Christina if she is there : 6-button tiara

What i would like to see

The Queen : Connaught ruby tiara and the egyptian scarab necklase

The Crown Princess : Princess Lilians tiara

Princess Madeleine : Amethyst tiara

Princess Christina : Aquamarine tiara

I agree with you about the scarab necklace. Although I do not find the piece that pretty I would love to see it again on Queen Silvia. Would it be the first time she wore it?

I agree with you about the scarab necklace. Although I do not find the piece that pretty I would love to see it again on Queen Silvia. Would it be the first time she wore it?

Yes it would be the first time in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom