The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
Since they almost emtied the vaults during this last days I wonder what Max will wear at the swedish wedding in june
I'm going to guess something she has not worn in awhile -have they confirmed they were attending, yet?

Old 05-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I'm going to guess something she has not worn in awhile -have they confirmed they were attending, yet?
No they haven't confirmed. And they have a very busy Agenda in this time as they will be from 03.-06.06. on a official Visit to Germany and also their Tour through the dutch Provinces is in that time. so i could imagine that they will not attend.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

I hope Camilla will wear the Teck Crescent tiara for state opening of parliament, it would be a very nice surprise! Or at least the Delhi Durbar again!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

I think Camilla's hair would completely cover the Teck Crescent. As she's not one to have her hair pulled back, she needs a sizeable tiara to be seen at all.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
I think Camilla's hair would completely cover the Teck Crescent. As she's not one to have her hair pulled back, she needs a sizeable tiara to be seen at all.
She hAs access to two tiaras of royal provenance, that should be ample until/if she becomes wife of the king. I say if because of longevity issues on both sides, not to stir up a hornets nest.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I think she will wear The Boucheron Tiara.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla is very predictable. I bet for the Honeycomb Boucheron again and again indeed ( and i suspect a white version of the blue court dress worn in Amsterdam).
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
She has access to two tiaras of royal provenance, that should be ample until/if she becomes wife of the king. I say if because of longevity issues on both sides, not to stir up a hornets nest.
Various threads and books have alluded to her having the Teck Crescent as well. If so, that is a potential third option.

Actually, I think the State Opening of Parliament would be the perfect place to debut it. The Dutch inauguration would have been unsuitable for this purpose.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Majesty

I too have heard that Camilla has the Teck Crescent Tiara. Although I think that tiara would work much better for Catherine, Camilla could wear it if she have it. Camilla really like sticking to The Boucheron and Delhi Durbar though. Those seem to be her favorites.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
I think you're right, her hair would cover that tiara. But I desperately want to see it in use again, even if partially covered!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not sure, didn't she wear a smaller tiara from her own family once? It looked marvelous on her and was not covered by her hair IIRC.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Camilla really like sticking to The Boucheron and Delhi Durbar though. Those seem to be her favorites.
Has anyone seen Camilla wearing the Delhi Durbar more than once? It's so massive, even for her hairdo!

viv
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Has anyone seen Camilla wearing the Delhi Durbar more than once? It's so massive, even for her hairdo!

viv
You are right, the Delhi Durbar tiara has only been worn once by Camilla, in 2005.

I think the history behind the taira, and the sensitivity towards the large, prosperous and influential population of South Asian descent in the UK, would suggest, IMO, that the Delhi Durbar tiara is unlikely to have a public outing in a hurry.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Then most likely it will be The Boucheron. She could surprise us with another piece though.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Gentry

Maybe some Stuart glitter in Stockholm this sunmer? I sure hope so!!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

Just one more week to the big day in Stockholm. There is a separate thread for the bridal tiara of Madeleine, but what about the family and guests?

I think that the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires. And for Victoria I hope she wears the Connaught tiara, since Madeleine did the same at V's wedding.

I'm looking forward to seeing Princess Tatiana at her first tiara event after her wedding. I think she'll wear the antique corsage tiara. But maybe she will surprise us?

HGD Stphanie is difficult to predict. MT seems to share her jewellery quite generously. So maybe Stphanie will try out her third Lux tiara? The aquamarine bandeau would suite her, imo.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that queen Silvia wears the Braganca tiara at this wedding too, since it is a family wedding. And I hope that crown princess Victoria wears the Cameo tiara to honour her sister's big day.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Nobility

I think the queen will either wear leuchtenburg sapphires or the braganza
Victoria will wear Baden fringe tiara.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I hope that queen Silvia wears the Braganca tiara at this wedding too, since it is a family wedding. And I hope that crown princess Victoria wears the Cameo tiara to honour her sister's big day.
I'd like to see Victoria with the Cameo once again, but please not at Madeleine's wedding. The cameo tiara has become something like the traditional bridal headgear of the family. It should be worn by the bride or not at all. Imo it would be a bit like a wedding guest wearing a stunning white dress.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'd like to see Victoria with the Cameo once again, but please not at Madeleine's wedding. The cameo tiara has become something like the traditional bridal headgear of the family. It should be worn by the bride or not at all. Imo it would be a bit like a wedding guest wearing a stunning white dress.
Since so many things have changed at the policy and traditions at the swedish royal family, I hope for new traditions at weddings too - that only a bride who is a future queen would wear the Cameo tiara. Victoria wearing the Cameo at this wedding would bring great memories from a unique wedding three years ago. And Madeleine would do a great honour to Chris' british citizenship by wearing the Connaught tiara.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara