The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Majesty

I hope there Will be ā gala event for the state visit next week

Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I hope there Will be ā gala event for the state visit next week
There will be a gala
''The first day ends with the royal couple's gala dinner for the presidential couple and the Turkish delegation at the Royal Palace.
subject to change.''
Statsbesök från Turkiet 11-13 mars 2013

Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

For the gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on Monday evening, the state visit from Turkey
Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara (at least I hope so)
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Aristocracy

I hope Queen Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara, Princess Victoria the Baden fringe and Princess Madeleine (if she will attend) the Smaller cut steel tiara (I' like to see it on her).
Old 03-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I think it is high unlikely that Queen Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara at the turklish State Visit.Probably it will be the nine pronge or the Connaught tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will Mary be wearing any tiaras in chile?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

^I don't think so, the visit to Chile is a official visit, while Tiaras belong to a State visit, so no tiara!

For the Swedish gala dinner. I'm with LadyFinn, Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara; Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara.
The Braganza Tiara is a very huge and regal tiara, not suited for this State visit, but for very special occasions. I'm expecting to see it at a very regal gala to celebrate her husbands anniversary on the throne in September.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately it looks like there will no Gala for the King's Jubillee. Don't think we will see the Braganza soon. I also don't think it will be choosen for Princess Madeleine's Wedding

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Gentry

Since princess Lilian passed away today I expect the royal family will be in mourning. What jewellery has the queen worn earlier when in mourning?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid Cecilia View Post
Since princess Lilian passed away today I expect the royal family will be in mourning. What jewellery has the queen worn earlier when in mourning?
This thread is about jewellery worn at specific events, like weddings, the nobel peace prize, state visits etc. Your question is probably more suited to be in this thread, Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Gentry

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I suppose I wondered what type of jewellery you all think the ladies might wear on the state visit gala tomorrow. Will it be diamond diadems and pearl necklaces or do you think something else? I think it might be a nice gesture be princess Victoria if she wore the diamond brooch Lilian and Bertil gave her.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Amethysts are traditional mourning jewellery, so maybe the ameythyst parure will com out tomorrow? Anyhow, I'm bored of seeing the pronger over and over again.
I think that the little cut steel tiara would be a good mourning jewellery choice for Victoria. But I also miss seeing her with the Baden fringe.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

According to the Royal Court the state visit will take place as planned, so we'll get Tiara's after all for the State gala.
I expect dark jewerly, Amethysts are the most suited, I think Victoria will now wear the amethyst tiara.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's "new" small cut steel tiara would also be very appropriate for tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Queen silvia is wearing the the prong, princess victoria is wearing the small cut steel tiara tonight,so i think victoria will be wearing the baden fringe or one of the connaught tiaras for madeleines wedding and the queen will either be wearing the braganza or the tourmaline parure -if it was actually bought back since she is wearing the pronger tonight and she wore the sapphires for the nobels.
Photobank
Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Nobility

And Princess Christina is wearing the 4 button tiara. Since Lilians passing she is the only swedish Royal lady that suits perfectly in both of the button tiaras.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Royal Highness

Who will wear Princess Lilian's tiara now? It would be a wonderful gesture for one of the ladies to wear it at the Nobel Prize awards as a salute of sorts.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Nobility

No one knows yet. There are some rumours that her jewels will go to Carl Philip to be used by his future wife but my guess is that the tiara and other jewels with a "long royal history" will go back to the jewel vault at the Royal Palace and will be used by all of our royal ladies.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

It would be great to see it as a necklace again -take it back to it original glory so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
I know that it maybe is not a very likely scenario but I hope that the CP will suprise us and wear the sapphire tiara at the Nobels. I know that it almost only has been reserved for the first lady but since she wore parts of the parure I hope that it has been mayde avvalibel for her. Maybe some sort of baby gift. (Sorry for not so good english)
I love the " baby gift" idea -the sapphires would look great on her and I would love to see them in action on her head especially.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Gentry

Since they almost emtied the vaults during this last days I wonder what Max will wear at the swedish wedding in june

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara