Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.

There will also be the annual Dinner for the memberrs of Parliament in Notrway but probably no tiara surprises there. And also one of the official Dinners in Sweden. And i beleive there will also be an incoming State Visit to the Uk this autumsn and one to Spain.

Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.

Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.
It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,

In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/article22473962.ece/BINARY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/27534877_1_832170!image/1925282759.jpg

It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,
Then I will hope that it will be a State Visit. It should be, since the monarch is new to his office, but then there is the economic situation... let's wait and see.

If it is a State Visit, and if Sofia attends, then I think she'll wear the ruby tiara. This is the one tiara she has never shared with the younger generation, it seems to be her most personal tiara. And it is rather modest, thus leaving the centre stage to the new Queen Letizia.

I absolutely agree with your assessment of Letizia's tiara. I love the floral tiara and think that Letizia wore it beautifully during the last few occasions when she had a very fitting hair style. But I'd like to see some diversity, and think that she should mark her first State Visit as queen with a tiara she hasn't worn that much.

In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/article22473962.ece/BINARY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/27534877_1_832170!image/1925282759.jpg

I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.

I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.

I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.

They will be a Royal Party for the 50th birthday of the prince of Wurtenberg at The Duke of Baviera's Castle.

I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.

Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.

Last edited:
Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.

I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.

There's a state visit soon to Spain so we may see Queen Letizia wearing a tiara,it will be her 1st tiara event as Queen Consort of Spain!

I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.
I wouldn't be too sure. She seems to have found her personal style, and jewellery seems to have only a small role in that. Look at Queen Sofia, she always wore jewellery, usually several bracelets and necklaces worn together. She continued with that style during the crises. That's why I think that we're talking about personal preferances here, it's not just about economy.
But I'm very much looking forward to that State Visit. She can't really forego wearing a tiara, can she?

I'm hoping Queen Letizia will wear the Fleur de lys tiara,we've seen her wearing the Floral and Prussian diamond one in the past as Princess of Asturias.

Any guesses as to what tiara Queen Sonja might use for the reception for the visiting Indian President? I think it might be the Star Wars tiara or the Queen Maud, smaller version.

I agree with you, muriel. Queen Sonja will probably wear one of her smaller tiaras. And the Crown Princess will invariably wear her diamond bandeau. My guess for Princess Astrid is the diamond wings aigrette.

There's a state visit soon to Spain so we may see Queen Letizia wearing a tiara,it will be her 1st tiara event as Queen Consort of Spain!
Which country will be visiting Spain? I'm a little behind on the current news, real life is getting extremly busy these days

Yes but he arrived for a state visit to Norway not Spain. We should see some glitter from that state visit in the next few hours.

Spain has an incoming state visit from the president of Chile later this month (I think) so we will have to wait and see what the new royal couple do in terms of glitter.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I wonder what tiaras Queen Sonja,The Crown Princess and Princess Astrid will wear tonight?

I'm hoping Queen Letizia will wear the Fleur de lys tiara,we've seen her wearing the Floral and Prussian diamond one in the past as Princess of Asturias.

Yes, I am sure Letizia will wear the Fleur-de-Lys tiara. BUT only for an incoming State Visit of another reigning Monarch.
For other State Visits there may remain the smaller tiaras. I REALLY hope for her new one....
Bye Bine

I wonder what tiaras Queen Sonja,The Crown Princess and Princess Astrid will wear tonight?

It looks like Queen Sonja is wearing the emeralds; CP MM is wearing the daisy tiara and I can't tell what Princess Astrid is wearing.

It looks like Queen Sonja is wearing the emeralds; CP MM is wearing the daisy tiara and I can't tell what Princess Astrid is wearing.

Princess Astrid is wearing her diamond wings-thing. :flowers:
I like Queen Sonja's tiara! Those emeralds are soooo big!
It's a pity that CP MM always wears that daisy taira.. She should wear the pearls or the amethists again!

I think that Princess Astrid wears the ruby aigrette, which is similar to the wings-thing.

Maybe Mette-Marit will wear a different tiara for the wedding in Sweden. But for these regular events I don't have much hope at the moment.

May we wish for the Cameo tiara for Queen Silvia at the banquet in Paris on December 2nd. Would be a great nod to the host!

What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.

What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.
My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine pronge tiara or the Connaught tiara for the official Dinner. For the Paris Visit it would be nice to see either the Cameo Parure or the leuchtenberg sapphires as the came from France. But i think it will also depend on the Dress Code. usuually State Banquets in France are black tie not white tie.
I fear we will not see the Cameo tiara before next years Wedding.
For Nobel i would like to see her in the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace but gogin through the last years it will probably be the leuchtenberg sapphires as she has in the last years worn either them or the nine pronge tiara which she has worn last year.
For Vicotria it would be nice to see her again in the baden fringe tirara and also in the laurel wreath tiara.

What do you think for the upcoming Dutch statevisits?
We have at least two tiara events for Queen Máxima: statebanquet in Japan and in South-Korea. Furthermore, we have an evening concert in South-Korea (probably not with tiaras, but with Queen Máx everything is possible) and we have -I think- a dinner with the Prime Minister of Japan, but I don't think that will be with tiara. So, what do we think?
She will wear max. 4 tiaras, at least 2. I think she will wear two different ones.

I think Queen Máxima will wear two diadems for the two State Banquets. I have never seen diadems for the second evening in a Japanese or Korean State Visit.

I think Queen Máxima will wear the bandeau of with the large old rose-cut diamonds: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Princess+Maxima+Queen+Beatrix+Farewell+Dinner+6aDSukMyFx1x.jpg and I hope she will wear, for the first time, the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem, preferrably in full setting, like Princess Beatrix did on her wedding day: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/image/067/240854-696-800.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom