The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Majesty

will there be any tiara event for letizoa this year?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
will there be any tiara event for letizoa this year?
State Visits are usually announced shortly before they take place. So there is no way of knowing if there are any being planned for this year.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Nobility

Big question - will there be any tiara events for the wedding in Luxembourg?
AND - what is our guess for the bridal tiara?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Big question - will there be any tiara events for the wedding in Luxembourg? AND - what is our guess for the bridal tiara?
The wedding itself is highly unlikely to be a tiara event. If we are lucky, the pre-wedding reception may be one though.
As for the tiara Stephanie may wear, I'd say there are three strong possibilities:
- A Family Tiara; coming from an old noble family, there are bound to be a couple of tiaras in the family.
- The Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara; both Josephine-Charlotte and Maria Teresa wore it for their respective weddings.
- Belgian Scroll Tiara; Josephine-Charlotte wore it for official photographs of her wedding. Stephanie is Belgian too, so this could be perfect choice.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Nobility

Thank you very much. I definitely would prefer the Belgian Scroll tiara - it is a very beautiful piece.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Majesty

there will be a swedih state visit in may to south korea, how many gala dinner there will be i do not know

do i dare say the Connaught Tiara or nine prog tiara
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
there will be a swedih state visit in may to south korea, how many gala dinner there will be i do not know

do i dare say the Connaught Tiara or nine prog tiara
My guess is that there will be only one gala dinner with a tiara, and Silvia will probably go for low key jewels. So my guess is either the Connaught or the modern fringe tiara.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
My guess is that there will be only one gala dinner with a tiara, and Silvia will probably go for low key jewels. So my guess is either the Connaught or the modern fringe tiara.
I understand what you mean but i wouldn't consider the connaught tiara as a low key jewel. As it is a state visit to a republic, Silvia will most likely use the nine prong tiara and / or the connaught tiara.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

LOL, you caught me, Hans-Rickard! The Connaught isn't really low key and it is very beautiful. But I still think that the nine 'louder', bigger, more eye-catching.
Besides: I'm bored with seeing the pronger. It's worn way too often.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
LOL, you caught me, Hans-Rickard! The Connaught isn't really low key and it is very beautiful. But I still think that the nine 'louder', bigger, more eye-catching.
Besides: I'm bored with seeing the pronger. It's worn way too often.
Yes she is wearing the "nine prong" too often as she is the Queen and has every tiara in the vault to her disposal. I would love too se her in the ruby tiara or amethyst tiara in South Korea. I don't think she will bring the grander sapphire parure or the cameo parure with her as it is ā state visit to a republic and not a monarchy. But i would be happy if i'm wrong.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Query whether we will see HM pull out an old forgotten whopper for either of the 2 special meals today, possibly for the group photo? At the 2002 jubilee, we saw HM pull out Queen Mary's stomacher for the very first time. Any suggestions of what we might want to see?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Well the dress code is "lounge suit" so it would be odd if we saw anything more than her usual pearl necklace and a brooch. As I understand it she is not scheduled to attend the evening reception.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well the dress code is "lounge suit" so it would be odd if we saw anything more than her usual pearl necklace and a brooch. As I understand it she is not scheduled to attend the evening reception.
HM will be attnding the evening event.

As regards the Lounge suit dress code for lunch, you may still see an interesting new / old brooch appear.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

I think the Queen didn't attend the evening event. There are photos of Prince Charles, Camilla, the guests, but there aren't photos of HM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Tiara alert today: State gala dinner for the Chinese President in Denmark!
My guess: the Queen with her old favourite, the floral aigrette. Princess Mary with her wedding tiara with the pearls, Princess Marie with her floral tiara. I hope Princess Benedikte (fringe) and Princess Elisabeth (saphire tiara) will attend as well.

Tiara alert tomorrow: Wedding Saturday in Florence, Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma will marry Albert Brenninkmeijer. Will she wear the laurel wreath tiara wich she already wore at the wedding of Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Sophie of Isenburg? Or the ears-of-wheat tiara worn by her sister and all the Vollenhoven brides? The pearl version of the emerald tiara worn by her sister-in-law? Something else? Maybe the small version of the antique pearl tiara?
I imagine that she won’t go for the star tiara, which seems to special to Maxima. Nor to the small setting of the sapphire tiara which was worn by Mabel.
Any guesses out there?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Marie is wearing two tiaras?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Princess Marie is wearing two tiaras?
LOL, why not? We can't have enough bling.
I corrected my post above.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Perhaps either Princess Marie of Queen Margrethe will surprise us and wear their new tiara but i don't think we will see the Naasut tiara alreaeady as it will be on display on different places in Greenland.
As for the Bourbon-Parma Wedding i think we will see either the floral wreath or the earth of weath tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope Princess Benedikte (fringe)
That depends on the presence of her husband. Benedikte only ever wears the fringe tiara, which is part of her husband's inherited estate, in her capacity as Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg.

If Prince Richard is not present, I'd imagine Benedikte will be attending in her capacity as a Princess of Denmark and will either wear her floral tiara or the diamond and pearl spike tiara.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Madame Royale, you're right about the fringe. I didn't think about that before.

Stefan, I agree about the Nasuut tiara. It would be perfect if it were broken in at an event which is somehow related with Greenland. Like a court ball with Greenlandic representatives present, or something like that.

It was said that Marie's new tiara is meant form more private events (as it is a loan from a jeweller). So I don't think that we'll see it at State Visits.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara