The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Charles and Camilla are heading to Scandinavia at the end of the month. Query what sparklers Camilla will get out for the dinners in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Collet necklace? Saudi emeralds or sapphires? Other diamond necklace used in Spain last year? Do we think the Greville 3 string diamond necklace might appear? What about the Greville emerelds?
Perhaps there is a chance that we get to see tiaras as in the Programms is stated a State Dinner in Norway and an official Dinner in Denmark. In Sweden however only a lunch.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

I doubt that there will be a tiara event for Charles and Camilla. Nowadays, those white tie dinners are usually only done for heads of state on official state visits.

For the Swedish dinner, I guess the same as IloveCP: Madeleine with the modern fringe, Silvia with the 9-prongs. (Although I'd like to see her with something else, the prongs are starting to bore me).
The best would be to see the pink tourmaline parure in it's full glory. But I fear we'll have to wait a bit longer.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

State dinner with C&C are possible the most in Denmark, they like tiaras events. In Sweden we won't see any serious jewelery, in Norway - I'm not sure.
About upcoming dinner - I hope for some nice surprises, but I would say Modern fringe for Madeleine and Connaught for Silvia.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I doubt that there will be a tiara event for Charles and Camilla. Nowadays, those white tie dinners are usually only done for heads of state on official state visits.
I agree with you, hence did not talk of tiaras in my previous post on what jewels Camilla might use. Other than her tiara appearance at the CHOGM in Uganda in 2007, Camilla has never worn a tiara outside the UK
Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

In Denmark they often use tiaras at black tie Events to so it could be that they also use tiaras at this Dinner. And to my knowledge State Dinners in Norway have always been white tie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I do hope there will be a tiara event during Charles and Camilla's visit to Scandinavia. Camilla wears jewellery, including massive pieces (rather like Queen Mary), so it would be a spectacular sight! And if we were lucky enough to see new tiaras from the British Royal collection... That's probably too much to ask, isn't it?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand why the Duchess does not make use of her own family tiara. I think it would be great to see her wear it again.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Nobility

I think the Cubbitt (?) tiara does not belong to her - normally it goes down in the male family line.
I would just like to see more tiara events - recently it looks like only the Scandinavian Royals are still out and about.
I know - it is about the global financial situation etc. - but IMHO sometimes it just cheers people up seeing this sparklers.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla has worn it though since her marriage; to a diplomatic corp at Buckingham Palace. So I don't believe it would be a question of her brother denying her use of it should she wish to wear it.

I think it's time for another outing.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

For the Swedish dinner, I guess the same as IloveCP: Madeleine with the modern fringe, Silvia with the 9-prongs. (Although I'd like to see her with something else, the prongs are starting to bore me).
The best would be to see the pink tourmaline parure in it's full glory. But I fear we'll have to wait a bit longer.
Looks like we were both right for the Swedish dinner! (Only I guessed it first)
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm hoping for some whopper jewels on Maxima at Opera in Paris tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Looks like we were both right for the Swedish dinner! (Only I guessed it first)
Yours was too good a guess to go against it !
It's nice to see Madeleine at a gala again, but I'm still mad at her for ditching the Nobels.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Nobility

I think Silvia will use the nine prong tiara or the connaught tiara at the state visit dinner tomorrow. I hope she will use the pink topaz demi-parure too.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I think Silvia will use the nine prong tiara or the connaught tiara at the state visit dinner tomorrow. I hope she will use the pink topaz demi-parure too.
you got the nine prog tiara

i wonder when we will see the cameo tiara again
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine

you got the nine prog tiara

i wonder when we will see the cameo tiara again
I hope Silvia will choose the cameo tiara for the nobel prize day this year. If not, we will probably have to wait until Madeleines wedding.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Will there be a tiara event during the jubilee?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think there are any publically scheduled events that would require a tiara. Its possible there may be a private event at Windsor, perhaps in connection with Ascot/Garter ceremonies or the reception for foreign monarchs in May (although I think that is just a luncheon), but if it is a private event we may not see any photos.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Majesty

what jewllery would you like to see at the christning for victoria
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
what jewllery would you like to see at the christning for victoria
No sure. It depends on the dress she wears because usually they decide to march the dress with the jewels so the modern fringe or the button tiara would be nice.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Christening is not a tiara event.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara