Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses for the Danish New Years Courts:

Margrethe: Pearl Poire Tiara
Mary: Ruby Tiara
Marie: Wedding Tiara

My guesses for the Danish New Years Courts:

Margrethe: Pearl Poire Tiara
Mary: Ruby Tiara
Marie: Wedding Tiara

That's my bid too. However i would love to see Queen Margrethe in the floral aigrette tiara wearing it like she did at Frederik and Marys wedding. And i'm still waiting for Marie to wear that flora danica tiara :)

Tonight: Cut Steel Tiara for Victoria (sadly enough) but she's wearing the Cameo necklace and an amazing dress!
Connaught for Silvia.

APA Pictures

The cut steel tiara looks always so good on Victoria that I'm not disappointed she wore it. And it suits so well with the dress. The cameos look wonderful.

I love to see Victoria with the large cut steel tiara. But I'm a bit disappointed because she is now wearing it for the 3rd time in a row. With a vault full of tiaras there is no need to repeat so often. But well, at least no Buttons:whistling:

The Connaught tiara is always a favourite of mine. But I can't say that I like HM's dress.

And the 6 button tiara and the Pearl choker at Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson.

In a few days we ahvge the annual New Years Court and Dinner in Denmark where we will see the first time tiaras in 2014. Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie are easy as Mary always wears the ruby tiara for this EVent only sometimes with the necklace or without. and marie only has the floral tiara. It will be interesting to see what Queen Margrethe chooses this time but my guess is the big floral tiara as this years she has worn the Naasut tiara, in 2012 the pearl poiree tiara, in 2011 the emeralds and in 2010 the pearl poiree tiara so i think it is time for the big floral tiara to be worn again for this Event. i wpuld love to see it again worn on a tiara frame and not with the parts wrapped in the sides of her hairdoo as i think it looks more important when worn as a tiara.

Last edited:
Although I love the 3-part-aigrette's versatile look, I have long been yearning to see it worn on a frame once again. It makes a beautiful and quite substantial floral tiara on a frame.

Marie now has access to the lily tiara with amethysts, but it is very unlikely that this loaned tiara will come out on such an highly official event. But 2014 might give Marie a chance to wear it at Prince Henrik’s 80th birthday. (I’m hoping that will be a big tiara highlight next year.)

There will also be the New Year’s gala in Japan with the royal ladies digging out their tiaras. But it seems that the Empress has given up wearing tiaras for health reasons. And the Japanese Princesses usually aren’t in the focus of the cameras, just hanging out in the blurry background.

And isn’t the church wedding of Andrea and Tatiana Casiraghi planned for Jan. 1st? I don’t really expect Tatiana to wear a tiara. She’s more the kind of woman for an informal look and some flowers in her hair. But she may surprise us, I surely wouldn’t mind!

Although I love the 3-part-aigrette's versatile look, I have long been yearning to see it worn on a frame once again. It makes a beautiful and quite substantial floral tiara on a frame.

I tnhink the reason that we haven't seen it one a taria frame in the last yeares ist hat then it is almost a complet circlet. I tink these would be difficult to place ion Margrethe's preffered Hairdoo for tiara Events. when she sore it on a tiara framje in the 80's she had different Gala Updos.
The onyl time it almost looked like a tziara but was not placed on a tiara frame was at the State Visit to Thailand in the early 2000's.

When she marries Amedeo, I predict Elisabetta will wear the Savoy Aosta Tiara. That is of course if she is going to. Astrid herself did not wear a tiara on her wedding day.

Last edited:
When she marries Amedeo, I predict Elisabetta will wear the Savoy Aosta Tiara. That is of course if she is going to. Astrid herself did not wear a tiara on her wedding day.
As her mother is an italian Countess perhaps there is also a tiara from this part of the Family which she could wear.

Oh, that's a lovely one. I hope she (Lili) does choose it for her wedding day!:whistling:

It reminds me a little of the Lannoy Tiara worn by HGD Stephanie at her wedding.

The first official dinner of the year for the Royal Family of Sweden will be held on 19th March. So far only the king and queen are listed to attend, obviously Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip will be added later. I hope Victoria wears the Laurel Wreath or Baden Fringe tiara. Although I love the Cut Steel tiara, I hope that she will not use it this time.

I too think that Lily Rosboch von Wolkenstein will wear that Aosta tiara usually worn by Princess Astrid.
Although there might be a tiara in her own family, but that is mere speculation. Unfortunately we don’t know. And I really hope that she doesn’t decide to go without tiara, like Princess Astrid, as my impression is that bridal tiaras are much more popular now than they were in the 1980’s when Astrid got married.

Will the dinner in Sweden be a usual Representation Dinner, or will they do something like the Sweden Dinner which they debuted last year? I really hope that they got back to the fully tiara-ed Representation Dinners! If so, I don’t think that we’ll see something out of the ordinary: 9-prongs for the Queen, small cut-steel for Victoria and the 6-buttons for Princess Christina.

Afaik, there will be a State Visit from Turkey to Denmark starting on 17th March. My guess that the Queen will wear her floral aigrette, Mary & Marie with their wedding tiaras.

For the upcoming wedding of Prince Alexander of Isenburg, I hope the bride will wear the Isenburg Floral tiara like her sisters-in-law.

For the State visit to Denmark next month, I wish for the Emerald parure on the Queen, Mary with her wedding tiara in the pearl version, and Princess Marie with her Fleur de Lys amethyst tiara at last! ;)

Will the dinner in Sweden be a usual Representation Dinner, or will they do something like the Sweden Dinner which they debuted last year? I really hope that they got back to the fully tiara-ed Representation Dinners! If so, I don’t think that we’ll see something out of the ordinary: 9-prongs for the Queen, small cut-steel for Victoria and the 6-buttons for Princess Christina.

At their website it states representation dinner and not Sweden dinner so i assume it is the white tie dinner.

At the moment only the King and Queen will attend but i expect that Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip will be added later. Not sure wether Christina will attend. Last year she attended only the Nobel festivities and one of 2 state visit dinners.

I agree with you regarding the tiaras. We shouldn't expect something out of the ordinary to a representation dinner. The Queen will likely wear the 9 prong or the connaught tiara and if Victoria are there she will likely wear one of the cut steel tiaras or the fringe tiara.

Victoria has had the Baden Fringe tiara many times at the official dinners, so it would be nice if she would wear it this year too. And in 2011 queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara at one official dinner.

Last edited:
I wish QMII or CPM would be bold enough to wear this. It could look stunning.
I have never seen it worn.

Attachments

• pageimageoverlay-a62024-2wl.jpg
    pageimageoverlay-a62024-2wl.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 752
Victoria will not attend at the first official dinner of the year, according to the court calendar she is in Tanzania on 19th March.

Victoria will not attend at the first official dinner of the year, according to the court calendar she is in Tanzania on 19th March.

Ok so then it'll likely be only the King and Queen and the 2 princes then

That's a pity actually. I would love to see her in her first tiara of this year.

I wish QMII or CPM would be bold enough to wear this. It could look stunning.
I have never seen it worn.

I've never seen this piece before,have you any more information on it?

Crown @#1070,

I echo our moderator, that is gorgeous!! If it was mine though, I would take that center thing off and flip the piece upside down. This piece is very beautiful. Whose is it exactly?

I found an issue of Life magazine with Diana on the cover in her family tiara and an amethyst demi parure. The necklace would look fabulous on Kate on the upcoming trip to Australia and NZ. It isn't heavy and stuffy like some of the older pieces that the Queen might have.
I hope that William is having some of the jewelry altered slightly. It would be a shame to relegate it all to the vault simply because it belonged to Diana. William's mother had excellent taste.

I've never seen this piece before,have you any more information on it?

I have been searching high and low for more information about this hair piece and all I have been able to find is what little is posted on the website of Rosenborg Castle. It reads: "Crescent shaped hair ornament with brilliants and feathers of pearls. Made for Frederik VI's consort Queen Marie, c. 1810, probably by Frederik (II) Fabritius or F.V. Henriques."

I have not been able to find any pictures/paintings of any queens wearing it, and I find that odd for such a stunning piece which is after all part of the crown jewels. Maybe the size or shape makes it difficult to wear. I wonder if any recent visitors to Rosenborg would care to comment on this if they remember seeing this piece.

Last edited:
Marie now has access to the lily tiara with amethysts, but it is very unlikely that this loaned tiara will come out on such an highly official event. But 2014 might give Marie a chance to wear it at Prince Henrik’s 80th birthday. (I’m hoping that will be a big tiara highlight next year.)

And isn’t the church wedding of Andrea and Tatiana Casiraghi planned for Jan. 1st? I don’t really expect Tatiana to wear a tiara. She’s more the kind of woman for an informal look and some flowers in her hair. But she may surprise us, I surely wouldn’t mind!

I was wrong twice: Princess Marie didn't wait for Prince Henrik's birthday but wore the lily tiara already at the dinner for the government:). How nice to see it worn finally!

And also Tatiana Casiraghi wore a tiara for her church wedding. She must have looked stunning, but unfortunately we didn't see any good pictures of her.

Afaik, there will be a State Visit from Turkey to Denmark starting on 17th March. My guess that the Queen will wear her floral aigrette, Mary & Marie with their wedding tiaras.
So I got at least the two princesses right. Nothing difficult about guessing their tiaras, they are their usual everyday-tiaras:ROFLMAO:. They are probably wearing them in the bath tub, like Ps. Margret did:lol:.

Tonight is the Representation Dinner in Sweden, anymore guesses? Victoria is abroad, so I repeat my guess that the Queen will wear the nine prongs tiara.

Likely the nine prong tiara or the connaught diamond tiara on Silvia tonight. I guess we'll know in a few hours.

I must say that i love the flora danica tiara with amethysts on Princess Marie. She looked awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom