The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

So the next tiara season is beginning (after a busy tiara wedding summer). My guess for the sept. 8th gala in Sweden: the Queen with the Connaught and Victoria with the fringe tiara. I doubt that Madeleine will attend.

Next year there will be a 40 years jubilee for Queen Margrethe. That might be a chance for a major tiara gathering in Kopenhagen.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Majesty

i do wonder if victoria will take part of the nobel on dec 10th i hope so
i think we will see the 4 button tiara but hope for something new

Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

With the child being due in March, she should be still well enough to take part on dec 10th. Let's hope that all goes well. I would like to see her with the Connaught tiara. But the 4 buttons seem more realistic.
AND I want to see Madeleine again this year!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

I would say fringe tiara this time. But I'm still waiting for Connaught on Victoria's head.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by again.pearl View Post
I would say fringe tiara this time. But I'm still waiting for Connaught on Victoria's head.
I can handle the six button tiara but please, no, not the four! I love the Fringe and she's made it her own so that is always an option but how about a reprise of the Cameo?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I can handle the six button tiara but please, no, not the four! I love the Fringe and she's made it her own so that is always an option but how about a reprise of the Cameo?
I think that the cameo is still reserved for the queen, with the only exception of royal brides. And contrary to you, I can't handle the 6 buttons on Victoria. It simply doesn't work with her long, straight hair. It's amazing how different it looked on princess Lillian.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Hardly tiara events this autumn, how dull. But now it's only four weeks till the glittering Nobels. Which tiaras would you like to see? And do you think that Madeleine will attend this year? Or will she stay in NY again?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Majesty

there will be the nobels two night in a row 11th is a dinner at the castle

are there any state visits this december

and then there is the new year gala in denmark early january
Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

And there will be Queen Margrethe's jubilee in January.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1337106
But I haven't heard of any state visits.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Hardly tiara events this autumn, how dull. But now it's only four weeks till the glittering Nobels. Which tiaras would you like to see? And do you think that Madeleine will attend this year? Or will she stay in NY again?
For the Nobel i hope Madeleine will attend this year.
For tiaras i hope the Queen will wear for the first time the ruby tiara at Nobel or the Cameos which she has worn the last time at Nobel in 2005. For Victoria i hope she would wear the Connaught tiara for the first time.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The last time Vctoria wore the tiara she got for her 18th birthday was 2007,and I hope she never wears it again!

It does not even look like a tiara!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

I am a pessimist and don’t believe that my wishes will come true. But here they are anyway:
1. I would like to see the ruby tiara, worn either by the queen or by the crown princess.
2. I want to see Victoria with a ‘new’ tiara, one she hasn’t worn before, e.g. the Connaught or ruby tiara.
3. I want Madeleine to take part.
4. I don’t want to see any of the buttons tiaras on the stage. If the six-buttons must be worn, then it should be given it to princess Christina. After princess Lilian retired, Christina is the only one who has a hairstyle which goes with this tiara. It actually looked quite good on her at V&D’s wedding. On the other hand, Princess Christina really shouldn’t wear the cut steel tiara, which is quite the opposite to the 6-buttons: the cut steel is gorgeous on Victoria’s straight hair, but awful on Christina’s hairstyle.
5. I want to see grand jewels on the day after King’s dinner, not just brooches worn on the head. And if it can’t be tiaras, than Victoria should take out the diamond arrow again. Let’s remember the wedding a bit!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

State visit from Turkey to the UK beginning on the 22nd.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Royal Highness

That's good to hear. But I must admid that I find the always white dresses of QEII a bit boring. And I'm always frustrated of the lack good pictures of the other royal ladies.

Monaco national day opera gala will take place on the 19th. I'm so curious, if Charlene will wear a tiara, like Grace always did, or if she will follow Caroline and not wear one.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that the cameo is still reserved for the queen, with the only exception of royal brides. And contrary to you, I can't handle the 6 buttons on Victoria. It simply doesn't work with her long, straight hair. It's amazing how different it looked on princess Lillian.
I realize I am in the minority, but I cant stand that cameo tiara. I am very happy that it seldom appears. The very upright construction of it is not flattering, IMO.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

We know now (becuase of the official Calendars) that at Nobel we will see only Queen Silvia and Crown Princess victoria attending and probably Princess Chrstina at both days so that menas we will get tio see 5 swedish tiara. Hopefully Vistoria will also wear a tiara on the second day and no broche in the hair as the last years.
And in Denmark Marie was removed from the New Year's Court on 01. January so she will most likely also not attned the Gala dinner for the Queen's 40th anniversary. too bad i had hoped we would see her with her new tiara at one the Jubilee Events.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

It is really a disappointment that Madeleine and Marie won’t take part in the next couple of tiara events. Only that Marie has the better reason to stay away.
I wonder, when Marie will debut the new tiara. It was said, that it is meant for less formal events. So I don’t expect it to be worn neither at state banquetts, nor at new year receptions. So it might be quite a wait till she has the opportunity to wear it.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I predict that Victoria will wear the fringe tiara at the Prizes.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Victoria will wear the Steel Cut Tiara, last I hears it was the lightest tiara in the collection and I think a pregnant lady will put comfort before glamour. Which I am totally fine with because I love that tiara! I would like to see the Cameo's return on Silvia.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

The cut steal tiara is stunning too even without the diamonds!

For Silvia,I would love her to wear the tiara she wore to Victoria's wedding.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara