Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure, didn't she wear a smaller tiara from her own family once? It looked marvelous on her and was not covered by her hair IIRC.

Camilla really like sticking to The Boucheron and Delhi Durbar though. Those seem to be her favorites.

Has anyone seen Camilla wearing the Delhi Durbar more than once? It's so massive, even for her hairdo:)!

viv

Has anyone seen Camilla wearing the Delhi Durbar more than once? It's so massive, even for her hairdo:)!

viv

You are right, the Delhi Durbar tiara has only been worn once by Camilla, in 2005.

I think the history behind the taira, and the sensitivity towards the large, prosperous and influential population of South Asian descent in the UK, would suggest, IMO, that the Delhi Durbar tiara is unlikely to have a public outing in a hurry.

Then most likely it will be The Boucheron. She could surprise us with another piece though.

Maybe some Stuart glitter in Stockholm this sunmer? I sure hope so!!

Just one more week to the big day in Stockholm. There is a separate thread for the bridal tiara of Madeleine, but what about the family and guests?

I think that the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires. And for Victoria I hope she wears the Connaught tiara, since Madeleine did the same at V's wedding.

I'm looking forward to seeing Princess Tatiana at her first tiara event after her wedding. I think she'll wear the antique corsage tiara. But maybe she will surprise us?

HGD Stéphanie is difficult to predict. MT seems to share her jewellery quite generously. So maybe Stéphanie will try out her third Lux tiara? The aquamarine bandeau would suite her, imo.

I hope that queen Silvia wears the Braganca tiara at this wedding too, since it is a family wedding. And I hope that crown princess Victoria wears the Cameo tiara to honour her sister's big day.

Last edited:
I think the queen will either wear leuchtenburg sapphires or the braganza
Victoria will wear Baden fringe tiara.

I hope that queen Silvia wears the Braganca tiara at this wedding too, since it is a family wedding. And I hope that crown princess Victoria wears the Cameo tiara to honour her sister's big day.
I'd like to see Victoria with the Cameo once again, but please not at Madeleine's wedding. The cameo tiara has become something like the traditional bridal headgear of the family. It should be worn by the bride or not at all. Imo it would be a bit like a wedding guest wearing a stunning white dress.

I'd like to see Victoria with the Cameo once again, but please not at Madeleine's wedding. The cameo tiara has become something like the traditional bridal headgear of the family. It should be worn by the bride or not at all. Imo it would be a bit like a wedding guest wearing a stunning white dress.

Since so many things have changed at the policy and traditions at the swedish royal family, I hope for new traditions at weddings too - that only a bride who is a future queen would wear the Cameo tiara. Victoria wearing the Cameo at this wedding would bring great memories from a unique wedding three years ago. And Madeleine would do a great honour to Chris' british citizenship by wearing the Connaught tiara.

Last edited:
Since so many things have changed at the policy and traditions at the swedish royal family, I hope for new traditions at weddings too - that only a bride who is a future queen would wear the Cameo tiara. Victoria wearing the Cameo at this wedding would bring great memories from a wonderful wedding three years ago. And Madeleine would do a great honour to Chris' british citizenship by wearing the Connaught tiara.

I would also like the Cameo tiara to be used for very special events and only for the Crown Princess or Queen. Furthermore to my eyes the Cameo looked best on Victoria,I can´t explain why but it is just my opinion that it is not the right piece for Madeleine´s look.
Princess Madeleine has a lot of stunning tiaras to chose from,most of the tiaras I have seen from the Swedish RF are great, except maybe for the button tiaras that are not my cup of tea.
Personally I would love to see the Fringe Tiara which looks absolutely divine on Madeleine (she has worn it many times!) or the Connaught tiara with its delicate design.
Her mother would look lovely with the pretty Connaught Ruby Tiara,the colour red is a symbol of love and the colour and design of the tiara look great on Queen Silvia.For CP Victoria I say-suprise me!- because she looks nice with most tiaras, only the Button and the Aquamarine Bandeau would not be my choice. It should look nice but not too big, maybe a smaller,less ostentatious piece would be good for her sister´s wedding day!

I hope that HM The Queen will wear the supposedly bought back tourmaline parure it would be the perfect occasion for the royal family to show off new jewels. Otherwise I think that she will wear the Braganza tiara since she wore almost all of other her big tiaras this year -Sapphires at the nobles, Queen Sofia's diamond tiara at the King's dinner for the noel laureates and the Turkish state visit and I think the Cameo parure will be worn by princess Madeleine. I think the crown princess will wear some thing she had never has probably one of the Connaught tiaras.

Perhaps some new jewels have been purchased secretly and we'll all be blown away on the day ^^

Last edited:
Introducing new tiaras would be great,maybe Madeleine has decided to wear something unknown to us that will surprise us! After all it is her big day and she should outshine everyone else,that´s why I hope that Silvia and Victoria do not chose too heavy or completely new tiaras for the wedding day.

I hope that HM The Queen will wear the supposedly bought back tourmaline parure it would be the perfect occasion for the royal family to show off new jewels. Otherwise I think that she will wear the Braganza tiara since she wore almost all of other her big tiaras this year -Sapphires at the nobles, Queen Sofia's diamond tiara at the King's dinner for the noel laureates and the Turkish state visit and I think the Cameo parure will be worn by princess Madeleine. I think the crown princess will wear some thing she had never has probably one of the Connaught tiaras.

Perhaps some new jewels have been purchased secretly and we'll all be blown away on the day ^^

Hi, am I wrong, my latest information on the rumors for the turmaline parure was, that CP Victoria received it for the birth of Estelle. So it should be her, who will wear it! Yes, this would be GREAT stuff :):):)

Q Silvia, I think, this time she will wear the Sapphire Parure. Yes, it is a family wedding, but no more for the future Queen, so the choice of tiara still will be grand, but not THAT big. Just IMHO

Looking for ward to the wedding!
BYe Bine

Hi, am I wrong, my latest information on the rumors for the turmaline parure was, that CP Victoria received it for the birth of Estelle. So it should be her, who will wear it! Yes, this would be GREAT stuff :):):)

Q Silvia, I think, this time she will wear the Sapphire Parure. Yes, it is a family wedding, but no more for the future Queen, so the choice of tiara still will be grand, but not THAT big. Just IMHO

Looking for ward to the wedding!
BYe Bine
I remember reading the King had bought the tourmalines from one of the family relatives, but then again the tabloids have different sources so I might be wrong

Here is a great link for everybody who wants to look up on the pink tourmaline tiara:
Trond Norén Isaksen: Royal jewels: Queen Sophia’s alleged coronation tiara (Estelle Bernadotte’s tiara)
Yeah, I'd love to see it worn soon. The more new tiaras the better :D:D!

It might be too early after Princess Lillian's death to expect her laurel wreath tiara. But wouldn't we all be drooling if the Queen wore the tourmalines and CP the laurel tiara?

And what about Princess Marie of Denmark? She hasn't yet worn the Flora Danica tiara. I'd like to see it finally worn, but maybe she'll keep it for events in Denmark.

Maybe I did not look well enough, but I could not find a picture of the Estelle tiara in the article above? I have read a lot about that tiara,I also saw some pictures of Countess Estelle which looked lovely,but can someone post a link to the picture of that tiara which is rumoured to be new in the Swedish jewel collection?

I hope that Madeleine wers the Cameo tiara so that this becomes really a tradition when the fith bride has worn it. If she doesn't wear i hope she chooses a tiara which she hasn't worn before which doesn't leaves to many options as she has worn most of the diamond tiaras.
For Silvia i hope that if the really have bought the pink tormalines back they they will have her deubt at this occasion. Otherwise the Leuchtenberg sapphires or if Madeleine wears not the Cmaeo tiara the Cameo parure.
For Victoria a tiaa she has not wiorn before like the Connaught tiara or the Nine Pronge tiara.
More difficult are the Kings sisters.
I think Princess Margaretha will wear again her aquamarine kokoshnik tiara and Princesss Désirée her own diamond tiara. For Princess Christine i hop not the six-button tiara as she has worn it for the last tiara Events. Perhaps the Cut steel tiara.

And what about Princess Marie of Denmark? She hasn't yet worn the Flora Danica tiara. I'd like to see it finally worn, but maybe she'll keep it for events in Denmark.

I gues she will wear that for Events like the Queens 70th birthday Dinner or Prince Henrik's 75th birthday dinner where Crown Princess Mary has worn her midnight tiara. These seems the politic about these tiaras.

Maybe I did not look well enough, but I could not find a picture of the Estelle tiara in the article above? I have read a lot about that tiara,I also saw some pictures of Countess Estelle which looked lovely,but can someone post a link to the picture of that tiara which is rumoured to be new in the Swedish jewel collection?
Here's a photo of it : http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/joye-gordon/IMG_0002-33.jpg
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/8057550/640/8057550.jpg
and here's one of the Queen Sofia before her coronation:
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovbloggen/files/2012/02/bilde.jpg

What about the foreign Royals at the Wedding:
Mette-Marit the amethsts for a change as she hasn't worn time for some time
Märtha Louise her own diamond tiara
Benedikte the diamnd stars a pearl tiara as it comes from Sweden
Mary her Wedding tiara with the pearls and her pearl and aquamarinc chooker
Marie her floral wreath tiara
Sophie the five aquamarine tiara with her other aquamarine tiara as necklace

I hope that Madeleine wers the Cameo tiara so that this becomes really a tradition when the fith bride has worn it. If she doesn't wear i hope she chooses a tiara which she hasn't worn before which doesn't leaves to many options as she has worn most of the diamond tiaras.
I completely agree with you about the Cameo tiara. But if Madeleine chooses to wear another tiara, the cameos should stay in the vault next saturday. I'd say: 'bride or nothing :lol:'

For Victoria a tiara she has not worn before like the Connaught tiara or the Nine Pronge tiara.
Or the ruby tiara! Remember how the pronger looked on Princess Birgitta three years ago :cool:? Victoria would better try it only if it really fits her head shape.

A propos Birgitta: I don't know what to put on her head. I don't want to see the button tiaras at all, the pronger didn't suit her, imo. The fringe might look good on her, but it's now reserved to the Crown Princess. Maybe the amethyst circlet?
Hopefully her daughter Princess Désirée wears the pearl circle tiara again. And what if one of her daughters-in-law borrowed a Hohenzollern tiara?

Thank you :flowers: This tiara looks very big and glamourous and certainly Queen Silvia would/will look great wearing it!

And I still hope for CP Victoria :ROFLMAO:.... she deserves an impressive tiara on her own as well....
BYe Bine

For this upcoming wedding, I hope for some innovation on the royal jewels.

So as for CP Victoria, I hope to see her in the Pink Tourmaline Parure (if the royal family really has it) or the Connaught Tiara or even the Nine Pronge Tiara. Anyways, I just want a new set of jewels for Victoria, and this wedding came as nice opportunity to do so. (But the Tourmaline Parure would make my day!)

As for Princess Madeleine wedding tiara, I see two options: First, the Cameo Tiara (Because its a family tradition) or Second, another diferent choice, but a Tiara she hasn't worn yet.
I personally want the second option, I know about the Cameo and its traditions but I don't think it suits Madeleine at all and she could wear another piece and make it her own signature piece. The Cameo in my point of view has become an Icon of Victoria's wedding and really fit for a Future Queen.

For Queen Silvia, somewhat I don't think she will use the Braganza Tiara, I love it and I never mind to see it again and again (such a grogeous piece!) but I think this Tiara made quite a symbolic impact on Victoria's wedding ("screaming" that it was a heir wedding) but Madeleine isn't an heir, so I think she will opt for other pieces, maybe her huge Sappire Parure or even the Amethyst Tiara, who knows!

I really hope that I don't see the Button's or the Fringe's at this wedding, well at least on this ladies.

As for the guests, I hope Princess Stephanie can wear again the Floral Tiara she used at her pre-wedding festivities, it looked great on her.
CP Mary will definately use her Ruby Parure and Princess Marie will continue to use her Floral Tiara. Meh for them, or should I say, Meh for Queen Margrethe, isn't it about time to give more options to Mary? And poor Marie only has one...
CP Mette-Marit should use her Amethyst Tiara, its been a while since I saw her wear it, but for some reason I think she will opt once again for the Daisy Tiara unfortunately... Princess Martha-Louise migh wear her wedding Pearl tiara.

I wonder if Princess Mathilde will go, but if so, she'll use her ever-lasting tiara...as always...

A propos Birgitta: I don't know what to put on her head. I don't want to see the button tiaras at all, the pronger didn't suit her, imo. The fringe might look good on her, but it's now reserved to the Crown Princess. Maybe the amethyst circlet?
Hopefully her daughter Princess Désirée wears the pearl circle tiara again. And what if one of her daughters-in-law borrowed a Hohenzollern tiara?

I agree with you about Princess Birgitta. Maybe the cut steel tiara (the bigger) would work on her. I'm quiet sure Princess Désrée of Hohenzollern will wear again the pearl-circle tiara. As far as i remember she owns it now.
Don't know how many tiaras the Hohenzollerns still own. The certainly own the Wedding tiara as it was on display at Sigmaringen at a Special exhibition 2 years ago. But Fürstin Katharina wore no tiara at the Wedding Gala in Potsdam 2 years ago so perhaps this is the only tiara they have now.

And I still hope for CP Victoria :ROFLMAO:.... she deserves an impressive tiara on her own as well....
BYe Bine

Yes,Victoria also deserves stunning jewels, but I think she prefers smaller pieces and also she will certainly make sure not to outshine her sister at the wedding! She can wear the big tiaras as often as she wants,but for the wedding of Princess Madeleine I hope she keeps it down a little bit :flowers:

What I am most interested in is what HGD Stéphanie will wear,if she is invited? I like her a lot, but her fashion is a little bit like a roller coaster ride, sometimes up & sometimes down:)

Yes,Victoria also deserves stunning jewels, but I think she prefers smaller pieces and also she will certainly make sure not to outshine her sister at the wedding! She can wear the big tiaras as often as she wants,but for the wedding of Princess Madeleine I hope she keeps it down a little bit :flowers:

What I am most interested in is what HGD Stéphanie will wear,if she is invited? I like her a lot, but her fashion is a little bit like a roller coaster ride, sometimes up & sometimes down:)
Victoria:
Imo she shouldn't keep it too understated. As CP and sister-of-the-bride her job is to add glamour to the show. If she goes too small, it might look as if she's underrating the event.

Stéphanie:
According to Wort.lu Guillaume and Stéphanie are attending. I agree about the roller coaster ride. But she is young and new to her role, she might well improver her fashion sense over the years. The Lux family has a very large tiara collection, and GD Maria Theresa seems to share them generously. I'm really curious of her choice of tiara:).

I agree with you about Princess Birgitta. Maybe the cut steel tiara (the bigger) would work on her. I'm quiet sure Princess Désrée of Hohenzollern will wear again the pearl-circle tiara. As far as i remember she owns it now.
Don't know how many tiaras the Hohenzollerns still own. The certainly own the Wedding tiara as it was on display at Sigmaringen at a Special exhibition 2 years ago. But Fürstin Katharina wore no tiara at the Wedding Gala in Potsdam 2 years ago so perhaps this is the only tiara they have now.
Sigh :ermm:, but maybe they'll surprise us anyway. Birgitta used to wear a small bracelet as a bandeau when being younger. Is that bracelet hers?

Victoria:
Imo she shouldn't keep it too understated. As CP and sister-of-the-bride her job is to add glamour to the show. If she goes too small, it might look as if she's underrating the event.

Yes! But... It is also unfair for her to out do the bride and I feel that she has enough sense not to do that -its Madeleine's day and Victoria knows that, and she likely knows what tiara she will wear. So I am sure she will properly wear accordingly. If Madeline wears the cameo, than perhaps Victoria will go a little bigger than usual -which would be great, if she does not wear the cameo and wears something smaller, I feel that it would be appropriate for Victoria to wear something a little smaller in size than something grander and leave the grand tiara to the Queen. Victoria will have plenty of time and opportunities to wear a grand tiara ;).

I will welcome that time too ;)

Stéphanie:
According to Wort.lu Guillaume and Stéphanie are attending. I agree about the roller coaster ride. But she is young and new to her role, she might well improver her fashion sense over the years. The Lux family has a very large tiara collection, and GD Maria Theresa seems to share them generously. I'm really curious of her choice of tiara:).

I would love to see the Art Deco tiara on her -I think it is so pretty, it's one of my favorites.

Sigh :ermm:, but maybe they'll surprise us anyway. Birgitta used to wear a small bracelet as a bandeau when being younger. Is that bracelet hers?[/QUOTE]

The Queen : Likely the Braganza Tiara or the Sapphire Tiara as they are the most grand tiaras in the SRF tiara vault

The Crown Princess : She looks good in every tiara but I hope she wears something she haven't used before. I can see her wearing the connaught tiara, the nine prong tiara or Princess Lilians laurel wreath tiara.

Princess Madeleine : I hope she wears the cameo tiara. This might be her only chance to do that. She would also look good in any of the fringe tiaras and with the right hairdo and placement the connaught tiara.

Princess Christina : It's a real shame that her private tiara was never found ! I think she will use the 6 button tiara.

Princess Desirée : I think she will use her private diamond tiara but i would love to see the napoleonic cut steel tiara at her beautiful dark hair.

Princess Birgitta : something small like the 4 button tiara or the amethyst tiara. Please not the nine prong tiara again ! It looked like it was going to fall off her head during Victorias wedding.

Princess Margaretha : I think she will use her private aquamarine kokoshnik tiara. The amethyst tiara is an another option. She looked good wearing it at King Carl Gustafs 60 year celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom