The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Also as Marilyn Monroe said, it's just wonderful to find new places to wear diamonds.
Thank you for that - I just love the quote. It made me laugh.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For the british Wedding i hopewe will see a tiara at all. It would be very disappointing if kate choose not to wear a tiara.
Same here For an tiara addict like me it is absolutely essential that Kate will wear a tiara!
Quote:
As for next weeks State Visit in Spain it could be that we weill see some bigger bling on the spanish Royal Ladies. Usually for State Visits from other Monarchies Queen Sofia tends to wear one of the bigger tiaras and perhaps letizia will wear her new tiara or the shell again.
I wish you were right! But alas, no tiaras at all in Spain! The SRF seems to follow their trend to become more and more low key. It's a pity!
Quote:
There willbe another State Visit at the End of may when the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay a State Visit to Norway. Hope to see a good number of tiaras then.
Now, that looks promising! The Grand Duchess has a great tiara collections which is rarely seen. So that will be a highlight for me. In Norway we ususally see three royal ladies wearing tiaras: the Queen, Ps. Mette-Marit and Ps. Astrid. But for the SV from the Netherlands also Ps. Märtha-Louise made a rare appearance. I guess that was due to the close personal connections with the Dutch Royals. So, as the Norwegian and the Luxemburg families are related and good friends, this might be another chance to see Märtha-Louise attending. The prospect cheers me up!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Can I just say, that aside from her wedding day, I really don't see Charlene as a tiara wearing person? I think she looks great as she is, and when I try to picture her with a tiara either worn by Princess Grace or Princess Caroline she looks ridiculous. Has anybody photoshopped this out to see what she's look like?
I just did. I think she would look great wearing rubies.

Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

QEII and the DoE are paying a state visit to Dublin today. What do you think? Will the Queen wear the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain tiara tonight? Or would she wear jewels without connections to Ireland, so that no discussion about the difficult history between the two countries is sparked?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
QEII and the DoE are paying a state visit to Dublin today. What do you think? Will the Queen wear the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain tiara tonight? Or would she wear jewels without connections to Ireland, so that no discussion about the difficult history between the two countries is sparked?
I am not sure that HM has any jewels with an Irish connection, though if she does, she may well use them. She may well choose to wear the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara with the emeralds, though with HM, its always difficult to tell.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

I am not sure that HM has any jewels with an Irish connection, though if she does, she may well use them. She may well choose to wear the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara with the emeralds, though with HM, its always difficult to tell.
hm, looks like it was Granny's tiara after all.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Commoner

Indeed it was lovely see that tiara being worn at Dublin Castle. I had never seen her necklace before or the harp brooch she wore.

And she has been utterly amazing the whole trip. Made me very proud to be Irish and absolutely delighted she was finally here and obviously enjoying herself!

Now the qeustion is what tiara will she wear for Obamas state banquet?!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Nobility

Can somebody help me with clarification here.
Obviously, the State Dinner at Dublin Castle was a black tie event - and according to all information my fellow posters have provided for long time - this means no tiaras.
Why did the Queen then wear a tiara - although for us tiara addicts this is always nice.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Queen pretty much always wears a tiara to a state banquet, end of. Not many others at the reception would have the choice, and it is hers to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorius View Post
Now the qeustion is what tiara will she wear for Obamas state banquet?!
I am hoping for the emeralds to emerge again after a long time.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see the diamond Kokoshnik, Queen Victoria's diamond collet necklace and earrings and Queen Victoria's diamond bar brooch.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Commoner

Excellent choices indeed!
I too would like to see all of those. But I have not seen her in sapphires in quite a while, so maybe the George VI sapphire parure, her own sapphire tiara and the Queen Victoria Sapphire Brooch might be nice!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Can somebody help me with clarification here.
Obviously, the State Dinner at Dublin Castle was a black tie event - and according to all information my fellow posters have provided for long time - this means no tiaras.
Why did the Queen then wear a tiara - although for us tiara addicts this is always nice.

You're on the right lines with your thoughts Countess Felicitas: It is British Protocol that Tiaras are worn with White Tie only [although the Queen herself varies this on occasions: most noticeble example was the 1990 'birthdays party'.] Of course, as the State Dinner was an Irish Occasion, Irish 'protocol' applies and presumably black-tie-and-tiara was in order!

I hope this helps,

Alex
Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Thank you very much for clarification.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

What other Royals will attend the State Dinner for the Obamas? I'm guessing The Princess Royal, Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex along w/their husbands at the least, right?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Nobility

I would expect that we will see the following at the Obama state banquet: The Queen, Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Royal, Countess of Wessex, Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Michael of Kent...and maybe Princess Beatrice.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Commoner

According to the news this morning both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will greet the Obamas at Buckingham Palace before the official welcome by Her Majesty. So as they will be at the Palace today, can one assume that they will be present at the state banquet?

Which means shall we see The Duchess of Cambridge in jewels and a tiara tonight?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

Sadly no. No Cambridges tonight
Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe will HM will wear the ruby or sapphire tiara tonight, as blue and red are part of the US flag?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Maybe will HM will wear the ruby or sapphire tiara tonight, as blue and red are part of the US flag?
That would be nice but when rubies she could wear the oriental circlet for a change.
Wonder if there is a chance that Camilla will wear the delhi durbar tiara again as it's a major State Visit.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That would be nice but when rubies she could wear the oriental circlet for a change.
Wonder if there is a chance that Camilla will wear the delhi durbar tiara again as it's a major State Visit.
Good idea! The oriental circlet is so much nicer than the Burmese ruby tiara, but it is also more delicate. I wouldn't expect Camilla to wear the really big Dehli Durbar tiara while the Queen wears a much smaller tiara.
Here my suggestion: QEII wears the the oriental circlet and Camilla gets Queen Mary's good old sapphire bandeau. Et voilá: we have the colours of the US flag! (OK, I know I'm daydreaming here)

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara