The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I hope she does wear one in Portugal! Last time Charles was in Portugal Diana wore the Spencer tiara, so Camilla might wear one. Maria Teresa also wore one recently in Portugal, so I hope Camilla will wear one! I also hope the Duchess of Braganza is there with Maria Francisca's Diamond Bandeau.
Do dukes of Braganzy ever participate in state affairs of Portugal like such visits?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

I'd love to see Camilla with her hair up, and tiara situated atop it, old style. She would look queenly.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Do dukes of Braganzy ever participate in state affairs of Portugal like such visits?
A few, not many but they did attend the state dinner for the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg and also the return dinner for both the Swedish and Norwegian state visits. They have also attended other events hosted by the Government. At their wedding the President, Prime Minister and almost all the diplomatic corps were present, so they are greatly respected by the current regime.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla doesn't look good with her hair up. She doesn't have the face shape for it. I would like to see a more 50's inspire do though. With a side part and more curls, similar to how the Queen had her hair back in the day. I thnk that kind of hairstyle would look lovely with her smaller cubbit tiara.

The Dukes of Braganca are very much liked in the republic, but seeing as its only an official visit by the heir Im not certain we will see them. But I do hope we get to see Camilla all blinged up three times in a row. Even if its the Might Booch tiara all three times.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

The only time I've ever seen a photo of Camilla with her hair up was right before her debut (as in debutante). Does anyone have another photo of her with her hair up?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Here are two pictures the first updo is not so great but the second is rather nice.
The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals | Mail Online
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Here are two pictures the first updo is not so great but the second is rather nice.
The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals | Mail Online
The thing is those are when she is much younger. Up do's are not really common among older women, Camillar really doesn't have the hair cut to accomodate it anyways. She is 64, well will be in July, I think the way she wears her hair suits her age.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Oh of course, If she even tried an updo I think she would need a few hundred pins! I'm still hoping for a tiara tonight in Portugal any one will do, but I'm hoping for the Delhi Durbar tiara in Spain, just to show the other royals there's no doubt Camilla will be Queen.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Victoria will wear the four button tiara for wills and kates wedding,or the tiara she wore at the nobel peace prizes a couple of months ago.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think Victoria will wear the four button tiara for wills and kates wedding,or the tiara she wore at the nobel peace prizes a couple of months ago.
She will wear no tiara but a hat as the Wedding is in the morning and therefore zhe dresscode is not white tie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Oops..so much for guessing!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

However, Kate has to wear a tiara!
I am guessing on the Lover's Knot! ( think that's the name, the one Diana wore all the time!)
Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

^yes it is, the Cambridge Lover's Knot (which is my fav tiara)
im hoping she will wear the above mentioned and/or the Fringe Tiara and/or the Strathmore Rose tiara.

but i sincerelly wanted (but that will not happen for sure) for kate to wear the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. its such a grogeous tiara, but its the "Queen Tiara"
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Is the Girs of Great of Great Britian and Ireland the one the Queen wears all the time that combines pearls and diamonds?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a small picture of Queen Mary wearing it. The Queen wears it now without the pearls or the base.

Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Is the Girs of Great of Great Britian and Ireland the one the Queen wears all the time that combines pearls and diamonds?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

I can hardly wait to see which tiara Kate will wear on her big, big day. However, there is a very long thread where every aspect of her potential wedding tiara is being discussed here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...els-29273.html

But there will be one more tiara alert before The Big Wedding: the Emir of Quatar and his wife will pay a State Visit to Spain. The visit will start on April 25th and in the evening there will be a gala dinner.
I fear that tiara-wise it won't be very interesting. Sheika Mozah doesn't wear tiaras (but we may see some really big bling necklace on her). And the Spanish royal ladies hardly ever vary their tiaras anymore. So I guess we will once more see Queen Sophia with the floral tiara and Princess Letizia with the Prussian tiara.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I can hardly wait to see which tiara Kate will wear on her big, big day. However, there is a very long thread where every aspect of her potential wedding tiara is being discussed here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...els-29273.html

But there will be one more tiara alert before The Big Wedding: the Emir of Quatar and his wife will pay a State Visit to Spain. The visit will start on April 25th and in the evening there will be a gala dinner.
I fear that tiara-wise it won't be very interesting. Sheika Mozah doesn't wear tiaras (but we may see some really big bling necklace on her). And the Spanish royal ladies hardly ever vary their tiaras anymore. So I guess we will once more see Queen Sophia with the floral tiara and Princess Letizia with the Prussian tiara.

For the british Wedding i hopewe will see a tiara at all. It would be very disappointing if kate choose not to wear a tiara.
As for next weeks State Visit in Spain it could be that we weill see some bigger bling on the spanish Royal Ladies. Usually for State Visits from other Monarchies Queen Sofia tends to wear one of the bigger tiaras and perhaps letizia will wear her new tiara or the shell again.
There willbe another State Visit at the End of may when the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay a State Visit to Norway. Hope to see a good number of tiaras then.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Why is a tiara so important?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Why is a tiara so important?
WEll for starters, it's serious bling, it's also seem as the symbol of having a title. (Although anyone with enough money can purchase a tiara) Also it's kind of like a "crown" with deliquete features. Of course, in the olden days women even wore tiara to opera.
Also as Marilyn Monroe said, it's just wonderful to find new places to wear diamonds.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Well, I can understand it, and I thank you for the answer.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara