The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

I would love to see Letizia wearing the tiara.Maybe it will be in Monaco or perhaps to a state dinner for William and Catherine?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
is there any state visit planned to spain wear she would be able to wear the tiara?
or is it in monaco we maybe will se it?
A HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody! Let's hope for another glittering year of tiara watching.

Tonight there will be the traditional New Year's Court in Denmark. So let's start our first guessing round for 2011.
For Queen Margrethe my guess is the floral aigrette (she already wore the pearl parure at least twice in a row for this event). Marie is easy as she only has her floral tiara. And Mary certainly won't attend this year.

About Letizia's new tiara: The wedding of William an Kate won't be white tie and the guests won't wear tiaras. And it also is very unlikely that the wedding in Monaco will be white tie. That would be rather strange for an open-air event, imo.
So we have to hope for a State Visit to Spain. But personally I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia continues to wear the Prussian tiara for the time being.

Update: Princess Mary is not on the guestlist for tonight, but Princess Elisabeth is. My guess for her is the sapphire tiara. Also I checked the respective thread and found that Queen Margrethe wore the pearl parure for 3 years in a row, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In 2008 she wore the emerald parure.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Would like to see the emeralds on Queen Margrethe tonight and Princess Elisabeth could change the sapphires in her tiaras to the turqiose version for a change.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Would like to see the emeralds on Queen Margrethe tonight and Princess Elisabeth could change the sapphires in her tiaras to the turqiose version for a change.
You got your wish: the Queen wears the emeralds and looks spectacular, although we have seen the dress twice this year, at her birthday and at the wedding in Stockholm.
I haven't seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth yet.
PPE Agency
Old 01-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I think Zara should wear her mother's Greek Meander tiara. Nice nod to the family while still being unique.
Dear Jemagre, I disagree with you because I feel that Zara would look better in the tiara that Autumn wore rather than the Greek key pattern one.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
You got your wish: the Queen wears the emeralds and looks spectacular, although we have seen the dress twice this year, at her birthday and at the wedding in Stockholm.
I haven't seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth yet.
PPE Agency
I am undecided about whether Queen Margrethe was right to wear the green gown for the third time in ten months. She could have changed the ice as well and have worn diamonds.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
Dear Jemagre, I disagree with you because I feel that Zara would look better in the tiara that Autumn wore rather than the Greek key pattern one.
I am not such a big fan of the festoon one because it is a bit pointy. Plus the history of Greek Key one is better. Perhaps Zara will come up with a better tiara hairstyle than Autumn did when she wore it. After all a tiara may look good lying down but if a person has a terrible hair-do then the tiara will look bad as well.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Majesty

the king and queen of sweden will be at Amarantherbal in january 22nd
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
the king and queen of sweden will be at Amarantherbal in january 22nd
Will that ball be white tie? That would be really nice. But it's a pity that none of the princesses is going to take part.

On january 18th starts the SV from Estonia and the Queen is the only royal lady because Victoria will be in UAE and Madeleine in NY. But at least we can start guessing for Queen Silvia's tiara. I hope for the ruby tiara.
Does anybody know what the dress code for the return banquett will be?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Yes the Amaranter Ball is white tie. It was attended by madeleine, Victoria have attended it once i believe after they turned 18. My guess is for either the Connaught or the Nine pronge tiara at this 2 EVents.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes the Amaranter Ball is white tie. It was attended by madeleine, Victoria have attended it once i believe after they turned 18. My guess is for either the Connaught or the Nine pronge tiara at this 2 EVents.
That's great, I desparately need some sparkle! According to their calendar the Queen will be the only royal lady attending the ball this year. How often do they hold this event?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That's great, I desparately need some sparkle! According to their calendar the Queen will be the only royal lady attending the ball this year. How often do they hold this event?
As far as i know it's every year but i don't know on which occasions members of the RF attend

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

The first picture of the SV from Estonia to Sweden have appeared: BelgaPicture - Category details
The Queen wears the Connaught tiara and Princess Christina attended with her own tiara.
The Amaranther Ball will be on Saturday and HM will most likely wear another tiara. I still hope for the rubies, althought maybe the nine-prongs tiara is more likely.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Majesty

state visit from denmark to Bahrain 3,4,5,6 February 2011.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

I was surprised that the Queen wore the amethyst parure at the Amaranther Ball. Boris posted a picture: Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am very pleasantly surprised by seeing the Amethyst Parure. I think this is one of the most successful outings of the tiara I've seen. Wearing part of the hair down seems to balance off the tiara. I just wish they would lower the wire frame so we dont have to see it constantly.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I am very pleasantly surprised by seeing the Amethyst Parure. I think this is one of the most successful outings of the tiara I've seen. Wearing part of the hair down seems to balance off the tiara. I just wish they would lower the wire frame so we dont have to see it constantly.
The tiara outing does look nice especially since we so rarely see her wear it. The Amethyst tiara also is one of my favorites from the Swedish collection.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Majesty

February
state visit from denmark to Bahrain 3,4,5,6 February 2011.
reprecenationdinner at stockholm castle, king, queen of sweden, crown princess victoria and daniel

march
Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th.
state visit to botsvana for swedish king and queen in 22 - 25 march

april
Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima state visit to Germany . april 11th till april 15th

may
King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway state visit to the Slovenia 9-10 May 2011.
King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway state visit to Croatia 12 – 13 May 2011.
swedish king and queen state visit to poland may 4-6
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like we might have two tiara alerts from the Duchess of Cornwall. I imagine she will be wearing one for the receptions in the Kingdoms of Spain and Morocco but not sure about Portugal.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Looks like we might have two tiara alerts from the Duchess of Cornwall. I imagine she will be wearing one for the receptions in the Kingdoms of Spain and Morocco but not sure about Portugal.
I hope she does wear one in Portugal! Last time Charles was in Portugal Diana wore the Spencer tiara, so Camilla might wear one. Maria Teresa also wore one recently in Portugal, so I hope Camilla will wear one! I also hope the Duchess of Braganza is there with Maria Francisca's Diamond Bandeau.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara