Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the next tiara season is beginning (after a busy tiara wedding summer:D). My guess for the sept. 8th gala in Sweden: the Queen with the Connaught and Victoria with the fringe tiara. I doubt that Madeleine will attend.

Next year there will be a 40 years jubilee for Queen Margrethe. That might be a chance for a major tiara gathering in Kopenhagen.

i do wonder if victoria will take part of the nobel on dec 10th i hope so
i think we will see the 4 button tiara but hope for something new

With the child being due in March, she should be still well enough to take part on dec 10th. Let's hope that all goes well. I would like to see her with the Connaught tiara. But the 4 buttons seem more realistic.
AND I want to see Madeleine again this year!

I would say fringe tiara this time. But I'm still waiting for Connaught on Victoria's head.

I would say fringe tiara this time. But I'm still waiting for Connaught on Victoria's head.
I can handle the six button tiara but please, no, not the four! I love the Fringe and she's made it her own so that is always an option but how about a reprise of the Cameo?

I can handle the six button tiara but please, no, not the four! I love the Fringe and she's made it her own so that is always an option but how about a reprise of the Cameo?
I think that the cameo is still reserved for the queen, with the only exception of royal brides. And contrary to you, I can't handle the 6 buttons on Victoria. It simply doesn't work with her long, straight hair. It's amazing how different it looked on princess Lillian.

Hardly tiara events this autumn, how dull. But now it's only four weeks till the glittering Nobels. Which tiaras would you like to see? And do you think that Madeleine will attend this year? Or will she stay in NY again?

there will be the nobels two night in a row 11th is a dinner at the castle

are there any state visits this december

and then there is the new year gala in denmark early january

Hardly tiara events this autumn, how dull. But now it's only four weeks till the glittering Nobels. Which tiaras would you like to see? And do you think that Madeleine will attend this year? Or will she stay in NY again?

For the Nobel i hope Madeleine will attend this year.
For tiaras i hope the Queen will wear for the first time the ruby tiara at Nobel or the Cameos which she has worn the last time at Nobel in 2005. For Victoria i hope she would wear the Connaught tiara for the first time.

Last edited:
The last time Vctoria wore the tiara she got for her 18th birthday was 2007,and I hope she never wears it again!

It does not even look like a tiara!

Last edited:
I am a pessimist and don’t believe that my wishes will come true. But here they are anyway:
1. I would like to see the ruby tiara, worn either by the queen or by the crown princess.
2. I want to see Victoria with a ‘new’ tiara, one she hasn’t worn before, e.g. the Connaught or ruby tiara.
3. I want Madeleine to take part.
4. I don’t want to see any of the buttons tiaras on the stage. If the six-buttons must be worn, then it should be given it to princess Christina. After princess Lilian retired, Christina is the only one who has a hairstyle which goes with this tiara. It actually looked quite good on her at V&D’s wedding. On the other hand, Princess Christina really shouldn’t wear the cut steel tiara, which is quite the opposite to the 6-buttons: the cut steel is gorgeous on Victoria’s straight hair, but awful on Christina’s hairstyle.
5. I want to see grand jewels on the day after King’s dinner, not just brooches worn on the head. And if it can’t be tiaras, than Victoria should take out the diamond arrow again. Let’s remember the wedding a bit!

State visit from Turkey to the UK beginning on the 22nd.

:previous:That's good to hear. But I must admid that I find the always white dresses of QEII a bit boring. And I'm always frustrated of the lack good pictures of the other royal ladies.

Monaco national day opera gala will take place on the 19th. I'm so curious, if Charlene will wear a tiara, like Grace always did, or if she will follow Caroline and not wear one.

I think that the cameo is still reserved for the queen, with the only exception of royal brides. And contrary to you, I can't handle the 6 buttons on Victoria. It simply doesn't work with her long, straight hair. It's amazing how different it looked on princess Lillian.
I realize I am in the minority, but I cant stand that cameo tiara. I am very happy that it seldom appears. The very upright construction of it is not flattering, IMO.

We know now (becuase of the official Calendars) that at Nobel we will see only Queen Silvia and Crown Princess victoria attending and probably Princess Chrstina at both days so that menas we will get tio see 5 swedish tiara. Hopefully Vistoria will also wear a tiara on the second day and no broche in the hair as the last years.
And in Denmark Marie was removed from the New Year's Court on 01. January so she will most likely also not attned the Gala dinner for the Queen's 40th anniversary. too bad i had hoped we would see her with her new tiara at one the Jubilee Events.

It is really a disappointment that Madeleine and Marie won’t take part in the next couple of tiara events. Only that Marie has the better reason to stay away.
I wonder, when Marie will debut the new tiara. It was said, that it is meant for less formal events. So I don’t expect it to be worn neither at state banquetts, nor at new year receptions. So it might be quite a wait till she has the opportunity to wear it.:sad:

I predict that Victoria will wear the fringe tiara at the Prizes.

I think Victoria will wear the Steel Cut Tiara, last I hears it was the lightest tiara in the collection and I think a pregnant lady will put comfort before glamour. Which I am totally fine with because I love that tiara! I would like to see the Cameo's return on Silvia.

The cut steal tiara is stunning too even without the diamonds!

For Silvia,I would love her to wear the tiara she wore to Victoria's wedding.

I hope Victoria wears the Amethyst circlet.

Great News. Grand Duke Henri and Grqand Duchess Mariia Teresa will attend the Nobel Events in Stockholm on 10. and 11. December which menas we will se 2 luxemburgian tiaras. No Idea which one she will choose.

I know people think it's too big but,I hope GD Maria wears the giant tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding!

Last edited:
The cut steal tiara is stunning too even without the diamonds!

For Silvia,I would love her to wear the tiara she wore to Victoria's wedding.
I am a very big fan of the cut steel tiara on Victoria. Besides she knows how to pick the right dress to go with it.
Re. Silvia: at the wedding she wore the Braganca tiara, which she has never worn at the Nobels. It would really be a sensation if she will wear it on Saturday!

Great News. Grand Duke Henri and Grqand Duchess Mariia Teresa will attend the Nobel Events in Stockholm on 10. and 11. December which menas we will se 2 luxemburgian tiaras. No Idea which one she will choose.
Wow, that is exciting news! The Grand Duchess has a stunning jewellery collection. With the presence of Maria Theresa I hope that Victoria will wear a proper tiara on both days.

How funny Tilia! A couple of minutes ago I was reading about the tiara and learned she never wears the tiara at the Prizes!

Now that there's a slim chance that she will wear that tiara,I predict she will wear the Sapphire tiara.

Queen Sylvia - the Leuchtenberg or the nine prong tiara - my guess.
CP Victoria - hopefully not the 6 button thing.....would be great if she could opt for something new or the amethyst...

Queen Sylvia - the Leuchtenberg or the nine prong tiara - my guess.
CP Victoria - hopefully not the 6 button thing.....would be great if she could opt for something new or the amethyst...

I am hoping for the Connaught. I think that is the name. Madeleine wore it at Victoria's wedding. Light and delicate enough for a pregnant lady. After all most of the attention will probably be directed towards the "bump."

I'd love GD Teresa's big tiara... the one she wore to Victoria's wedding.

I'm hoping for a lot of splendour and good gown-jewel matchings. My guess is the cameo for the Queen, the Baden fringe for Victoria and the bigger of the two floral tiaras for the Grand Duchess.
But secretly a hope for a nice big surprise: Victoria with the Connaught, or the GD with some from the vaults: the mystery tiara worn by Josephine Charlotte at the Danish wedding eg. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know, I just can't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom