The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Majesty

do you not think the bride will wear a tiara? i took it for granted

Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure, Tatiana sends the signals of being a quiet down to earth kind of girl.
MC and Alexia wore tiara but i think for MC that was more a status symbol and Alexia was the fact she was a Princess. Quiet wedding, quiet outfits?

Old 08-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Courtier

MC was marrying a Crown Prince whose parents IMO are doing their best to keep reminding people that they are still royal, so it might indeed have been a status symbol. Alexia was a Princess and she didn't wore just a tiara, but the same her mother and aunts also wore, so it was also a matter of sentimental reasons. If Tatiana does chose a tiara, I would be surprised, not because I would consider it flashy or snobbish , but because I really don't think you can put an island marriage in late august at Greece and a grand royal heirloom tiara together and match ! Perhaps she will do the same as Prince Michael's girl Olga who chose a headpiece
Old 08-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Exactly what I was thinking, London, big church I could understand. Small Island, sunny greece, flowing dresses, I'm thinkin tiaras are a no-go.
Anyone seen Mamma Mia, somehow I'm thinking that kinda wedding.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Tiara alert in Greece! Princess Tatiana is wearing the antique corsage tiara for her wedding!
I would have liked to see Queen Frederika's diamond tiara re-appear, but always thought that the antique corsage tiara was more likely. Great to see at least one tiara! (I guess Victoria's wedding quite spoiled me)
Old 09-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Next week the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay an State Visit to Portugal. I'm sure the State Banquet will be white tie as this was the case when the swedish and norwegian royal Couples made their State Visits to Portugal in the last year. Any guesses which tiara Maria Teresa will choose.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

I think she will choose something less grand than what she wore at the Swedish wedding. She seems to have a preference for the glorious tiara with the sapphire, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Pictures - Swedish Royals Welcome the Grand Duke and Duchess - Zimbio or perhaps she will wear the diamond scrollwork one of Josephine Charlotte's pictured here: Tiara Luxemburg - Grossherzogliche JUWELEN und SCHMUCK - Tiare Belgique .

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

She wore the Sapphire tiara when the Portuguese president visited Luxembourg so maybe she'll go for something else? My pick is the Emerald tiara, or the convertible choker tiara.

Since the Duke & Duchess of Braganca are normally invited to state dinners & are close to the grand dukes my guesses for her are either her convertible choker tiara or her bandeau.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think theat the Bragncas are invited to State Banquets. At the sedish State Visit they where invited to the the return Banquet so it could be again this time. But this will probably only be a black tie event so no tiara for Isabel.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't mind seeing something we've not seen in a while--the aquamarine bandeau, for example. But, of course, the emerald is always pleasing to the eye as well. When was the last time was saw the amethysts or topaz sets?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

It would be funny to see both the grand duchess and the duchess of Braganca with their convertible choke tiaras. They are so similar, it would almost be like two ladies wearing the same dress
But it is more likely that the Bragancas won't be at the state banquet and MT will be the only tiara-lady. MT already wore the emerald, sapphire, floral and Empire tiaras this year. That is why I guess she will wear tiara with the diamond scrollwork.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't think theat the Bragncas are invited to State Banquets. At the sedish State Visit they where invited to the the return Banquet so it could be again this time. But this will probably only be a black tie event so no tiara for Isabel.

You're right they were only invited to the return dinner!How foolish of me lol . I'm going to check the other threads for Luxembourg state visits to see if they norm offer return dinner that are black tie or white tie I hope it's white tie Isabel needs to air her tiara's out, they've been sitting around for to long!

TiliaC I thought so too that's why I hope they each wear them if the return dinner is whit tie! They'll have something interesting to talk about.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

It would be great to have some tiara sparkle at the return banquett as well. Will the dress code be published in advance, or is it only known to the invitees?

I think that the pope will be on a state visit to GB next week. The tiara season has started!!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Tilia - I posted the schedule in a thread dedicated to the state visit in the Luxembourg Forums but it doesn't specify which dinners are White - Tie & which are Black - Tie. But the dinner hosted by the President of the Republic will be White tie for sure!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It would be great to have some tiara sparkle at the return banquett as well. Will the dress code be published in advance, or is it only known to the invitees?

I think that the pope will be on a state visit to GB next week. The tiara season has started!!
Yes the Pope will be in the UK soon but it's called State Visit it's only one in Name. I'm not sure but i'm afraid thee will be no State Banquet.
As for the return Baquet's hosted by the Luxemburgs it was black tie in Denmark, Sweden, Belgium the Netherlands etc so i don't think there is a chance that it will be white tie this time.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes the Pope will be in the UK soon but it's called State Visit it's only one in Name. I'm not sure but i'm afraid thee will be no State Banquet.
As for the return Baquet's hosted by the Luxemburgs it was black tie in Denmark, Sweden, Belgium the Netherlands etc so i don't think there is a chance that it will be white tie this time.
ah too bad! I was really hoping for double the glitter, but We'll have some glitter today.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think anyone was right this is M-t Tiara
http://www.presidencia.pt/archive/im...7-LFC-1088.jpg

& The Duchess of Braganca was there without tiara!! to bad :(
http://www.presidencia.pt/archive/im...7-LFC-1070.jpg
(she's in the pink)
Old 09-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Administrator

I've moved discussion of the Grand Duchess's tiara to her thread in the main Royal Jewels area.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Tiara alert in the Netherlands! There will be a state visit from Indonesia, the state banquett is planned for October 6th, HM, Maxima and Margriet are supposed to take part.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1142533
Any guesses?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Tiara alert in the Netherlands! There will be a state visit from Indonesia, the state banquett is planned for October 6th, HM, Maxima and Margriet are supposed to take part.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1142533
Any guesses?
Hard to tell but my guess is that we will not see the bigger peaces. Perhaps for Beatrix here favourite small floral diamond tiara, Máxima in the emeralds and for Margriet the ears-of-wheat.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara