Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tilia C. said:
Just in case she's reading: I hope that she will join the "brooch-club"!:flowers: Wouldn't it be great if she started to wear some of the royal brooches at official engagements? HM surely has something appropriate lying around. Maybe start with maple leaf brooch at the Canadian tour?

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree :flowers: . IMO I think she's way too young for them, and brooches are dated, passe.

. IMO I think she's way too young for them, and brooches are dated, passe.

I think there is a real potential for Catherine to start a trend for brooches amongst younger people.

A nice choker or two would also be lovely to see.

muriel said:
I think there is a real potential for Catherine to start a trend for brooches amongst younger people.

A nice choker or two would also be lovely to see.

Agree with the chokers - that would be lovely. Skeptical about the potential brooches trend!!! LOL. I think of my Nan and the sweet old lady who gave me a christmas brooch because I sold her a winning lottery ticket - lovely gesture on her part and was truly appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I just wore it the one time.

I don't see Catherine as a Brooch Girl right now. Maybe when she is given one on a official engagement......

I see no reason why a brooch would be something that Catherine might only wear in later life. It all depends how you wear it. Many young women wear brooches with aplomb.

Elly C said:
I see no reason why a brooch would be something that Catherine might only wear in later life. It all depends how you wear it. Many young women wear brooches with aplomb.

I honestly can't think of anyone under fifty I've ever seen in a brooch.

I love brooches, I'm 34, as does my sister-in-law who is under 30

Are brooches (on young women) common there???. Perhaps it's a european thing? Here in Canada it is a generational thing. Generally speaking, ladies of the Queen's generation (who likely grew up wearing brooches) are probably the only one who still wear them here. Not to say that younger ladies don't, but it is definately not common to see brooches, let alone see a younger woman wear one.

Some of the other younger generation princesses wear brooches from time to time, although not as frequently as the older generation. Also I lately saw a lot of rhinestone brooches in a fashion jewellery shop. And since those were clearly designed for women way under 50, there clearly must be a marked! (Mind: I'm not suggesting rhinestone brooches for Kate, she can go for the real thing!).

Anyone ever heard of the fashion Icon Daphne Guinness? Brooches are very upscale elegant, the young could learn something....!

rubies said:
Anyone ever heard of the fashion Icon Daphne Guinness? Brooches are very upscale elegant, the young could learn something....!

I had to google who she is. Yes, she's very fashionable, but I would never want to wear what she is wearing.

Sure, some can be elegant, but I still maintain that brooches are dated, passe and best left to the HM and her generation :)

Are brooches (on young women) common there???. Perhaps it's a european thing? Here in Canada it is a generational thing. Generally speaking, ladies of the Queen's generation (who likely grew up wearing brooches) are probably the only one who still wear them here. Not to say that younger ladies don't, but it is definately not common to see brooches, let alone see a younger woman wear one.

I wear brooches all the time and am only in my early forties. I find them easier to wear than necklaces & pendants and rings are not my thing. Only brooches stay out of the way!

Anyone interested how the new tiara will look like?
The "Ocean Tiara" has a wave-shaped form.

A German mag says this week that Prince Albert is having a new tiara commissioned for CW that will resemble ocean waves(very appropriate!)

I hope this is true...I cannot wait to see it.

I think it would be so wonderful if Kate had her own sense of jewelry. Like Diana had the chokers etc.....SHe could single handedly change jewelry fashion for young ladies. I'm not thinking she will but she could..

I think it would be so wonderful if Kate had her own sense of jewelry. Like Diana had the chokers etc.....SHe could single handedly change jewelry fashion for young ladies. I'm not thinking she will but she could..

It certainly is early days before we can pass judgement.

Oh, I love brooches and have quite a collection of them. Unfortunately, I like knitted clothing and they tend to get ruined after a few brooch wearings. My clothing is too expensive to replace often, so I often attach a brooch to a string of pearls or rope chain or use to fasten a torsaude. They are also nice to use on a hat any time of year. I've also used the larger brooches as a belt ornament. Love 'em.

Will Albert and Charlene's wedding be a tiara event?

Will Albert and Charlene's wedding be a tiara event?
From what I have understood from other posts & reports , the pre- wedding ball/evening reception will be so but no one knows what Charlene may choose to wear for the religious ceremony. Grace didn't wear a tiara for the Church ceremony.

Seeing that neither Ps. Grace nor her daughters wore wedding tiara, we'll be very lucky if Charlene will wear one
can we do "i told you so bets?" i think she will and takers on the bet? you win nothing but the right to say i told you so

i think if she decides to wear one the princess grace's vancleef and arpels tiara if i have it type in correctly but that does depend on the dress i hope its not form-fitting

Let's dream and assume, that Albert will have ordered a new tiara for his bride to be - a glittering, classic, beautiful new tiara - this would be really a day for us tiaraholics.....:whistling:

German mag BUNTE wrote that she will wear one of the Grimaldi family tiaras. I'm not sure if their source is reliable, but I just want to believe that they are right.
Like lady Arsinae V I think she'll wear the Van Cleef & Arpels diamond tiara. My reasons for my guess:
- This tiara is of a timeless design without much chichi, it seems to fit best with Charlene's personal style.
- Also I think that she'll choose one of Grace's tiaras, because Princess Charlotte's tiaras are now associated with Caroline.
- Wearing one of her Grace's tiaras will be a way of paying tribute to her absent mother in law.
- Grace's other two tiaras are ruby and diamond tiaras. Red and white are Monaco's colours, but I still think that an all diamond tiara is more fitting for a wedding.
I can hardly wait to see the outcome on saturday.:flowers:

i think she will wear that one because its a safe choice and it looks a lot like the tiara worn by princess katherine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom