The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Dearest Tilia C., if the future Queen of Sweden would exhibit such extremely poor judgement in refusing our exquisite and utterly more suitable tiara, I would qladly put that cheap 18th birthday excuse for a tiara back on her head (having applied WD40 to remove it and having no hairspray to set it, I would, of course, have to attach it using chewing gum from under the organist's bench). I would then dash out of the front of the church, remove one of the horses from the carriage waiting outside and-mounting my trusty steed-gallop off at breakneck speed to deliver the pearl diadem to someone equally as regal as our fair princess. I trust you will wear beautifully. Just one request...since it vanquished in limbo in the Philippines for so long, those of us who appreciate it would like to see it more often. Could you please put in on for the occassional trip to the supermarket? Or perhaps when filling your car's tank at the local gas station?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Oh my...! I don't know which is the hated tiara but really only to see this I wish V. used that one!
That can be helped: look at this pic and pray that you won't see the thing again next Saturday
http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg
To be fair to our beloved Victoria one must add that she hardly ever wears it anymore. And the last time she wore it, the hairdo was better so that the base was not so prominent.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am perfectly certain that this trinket of tiny diamonds and tiny sapphires set on bent gold wires and a row of tiniest pearls will not be seen anywhere near CP Victoria during the wedding week.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
...Could you please put in on for the occasional trip to the supermarket? Or perhaps when filling your car's tank at the local gas station?
Of course I will! I'll except any condition to get my hands on this beauty. Maybe I'm lucky and Victoria considers the political implications of accepting such a glorious, precious present from a stranger. Imagine the outcry of the republicans in Sweden! Well, I don't have such scruples. I'll except it gracefully, chuck in my hair and through some dashing parties for my fellow tiaraholics. You are all welcome! Just bring along your most glamorous tiaras. And of course I will publish the most high quality close-up pic all over the net.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Nobility

I don't want Letizia to use the Prussian tiara, I am very tired of seeing her with this :(
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
I don't want Letizia to use the Prussian tiara, I am very tired of seeing her with this :(
Maybe she would wear that floaral tiara she wore during the Russian state visit. That was a nice look. (Sorry the name of that particular tiara escapes me)
Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Maybe she would wear that floaral tiara she wore during the Russian state visit. That was a nice look. (Sorry the name of that particular tiara escapes me)
Or the mellerio Shell tiara she wore once. But hopefully she will wear her hair up.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Courtier

^^
Maybe Elena will use the shell tiara if she is not going to use the Marichalar tiara, or maybe if we are lucky she will wear P.Irene's tiara again.

I'm sure that the floral tiara is going to be used by Cristina.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Royal Highness

So far Queen Sofia only shared 3 tiaras with her daughters and daughter in law: the Prussian, the floral and the Mellerio shell tiara. I too would like to see Letizia again with something other than the Prussian tiara. But it is now so much associated with her, that it would be strange to see it on one of the infantas. I like Melibea's idea Elena wearing P. Irene's circle tiara again. At least we would finally know that it still is in the family. Another tiara with an outsider's chance is the ruby tiara. I would be a first that someone other than the Queen wears it, but it is certainly not one of the big substantial piece that should be reserved to a Queen. And the ruby colour would suit both Letizia or Elena very well.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

This will be the first time PLetizia will attend a royal wedding since her won wedding right? Let's just hope she will outdo her work in Mary and Frederik's wedding. :)
Old 06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Courtier

I doubt that Q.S will lend the ruby tiara to anyone, and it's not a piece that can be used in a royal wedding imo.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think we will see Letizia with the Prussian tiara since the Spanish Royals only have 5-6 tiaras and 4 women are going, I would love to see Letizia in this tiara.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Courtier

^^
Well until PF gets to be king she won't get to wear it.

Although it's going to be interesting how the jewels are going to be share out when KJC and QS die.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I think we will see Letizia with the Prussian tiara since the Spanish Royals only have 5-6 tiaras and 4 women are going, I would love to see Letizia in this tiara.
I don't think so. It is far too queenly.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
As the others have stated, it is highly unlikely until she becomes queen that she will wear this piece. I agree it is a very beautiful tiara, perhaps my favorite from the Spanish collection. I think, however, that Letizia's features are too delicate to wear such a large piece. All of the other tiaras she has worn complement someone with a smaller head and more delicate features, even if they are very sharp and angular like Letizia's.

If something happened to King Juan Carlos and Felipe and Letizia were suddenly the King and Queen, I think the first time Letizia wore the Ansorena or Queen Maria Christina's pearl tiara would be a disaster because they are too big for her, even if she cut her hair and wore it more full like Sofia's. Queen Ena's pearl tiara is her best bet for success with the larger tiaras, but for now, I don't think it would work.

And, like almost everyone else, I too hope for Letizia to wear her hair up. Others have successfully mastered tiaras and cascading hair, but so far Letizia has been a disappointment each time she has attempted it.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Yes, it is true. She needs to wear her hair up, maybe a different hairdo. Howevery, unfortunately, I think she will wear the prussian one, since princesses are used to wear their own wedding tiara in events like this. Cristina will certanly wear the Floral Tiara and Elena the Shell Tiara, which I'd like to see on Letizia.

I am also very curious about Queen Rania's tiara. I don't want her to use that small piece she wore in Brunei :(
Old 06-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

Could someone who has kept track or made a list share an up to date listing of the Royal Ladies who will be at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding a week (YAY!!!!) from today please?

Just so I know for sure who's going/will showing off a Tiara and who isn't/won't be. Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The invites list for Princess Victorias wedding has been published.
There you are. But forget The Duchess of Cornwall, she won't be present. It is not clear either who will attend from Belgium and you may include in this list the Princess of Liechtenteins and Caroline of Monaco, and do not forget the non-reigning royal houses.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Lumutqueen:
Queen Silvia, Princess Madeline, Princess Margaretha, Princess Christina, Princess Desiree of Sweden.
Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Bendikte, Carina Axelsson, Princess Alexandra, Princess Nathalie (if she attends due to pregnancy) of Denmark.
Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha-Louise of Norway
Queen Paola, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Princess Claire of Belgium.
Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Alexia, Crown Princess Marie-Chantel, Princess Theodora of Greece.
Queen Rania of Jordan.
Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Queen Beatrix, Crown Princess Maxima, Princess Mabel, Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands.
Queen Sofia, Crown Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina of Spain.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex.

Update:

add to Sweden: Princess Birgitta and most likely her daughter Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern will wear her mother daamond and pearl tiara
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
Crown Princess Catherine of Yugoslavia
Herediatry Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

a swedish newspaper also mentions Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Why is the Duchess of Cornwall listed above? It's only detailing the invites I pressume?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara