The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Am I right that there are state visits coming up? The Russian president was supposed to visit Norway and Denmark next week, is that correct?
He visits Norway on 26th- 27th April and visit Denmark on 27-28th April.
Don't know about tiaras an ball gowns in Denmark, maybe a low key dinner. But I expect we'll see gowns in Norway.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

CP Maxima, the Swedish family and GD Marie have a great tiara collection in my opinion.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
He visits Norway on 26th- 27th April and visit Denmark on 27-28th April.
Don't know about tiaras an ball gowns in Denmark, maybe a low key dinner. But I expect we'll see gowns in Norway.
There will be in every case be a State Banquet in Dennmark. They always have one at State Viits. so we will also see some tiaras.
And aftr that we can look forward to Victorias Wedding Celebrations. Last week a swedish Newspaper had pictures of the Invitations who have recently been send out. And the Ladies are asked to wear Evening Wear which menas white tie for the Wedding Day.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't wait to see what tiara all the women will wear! I always enjoy seeing them!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's jewellery for Princess Victoria's wedding in June

Having recently seen the pictures of the various royals at the 70th birthday celebrations in Denmark, I was thinking of the upcoming wedding of Victoria and Daniel in Sweden in June. If the wedding celebrations in Stockholm followed the trend of the Danish royal wedding in 2004 and there were 2 tiara wearing events and if Charles and Camilla attended, it would be interesting to see what jewels Camilla wears. It will be important for Camilla to get this right as it will be one of her first visit to a large gathering of European royals, other than Charles' 60th birthday celebrations.

In terms of tiaras, I guess she would use the Boucheron and the Delhi Durbar. Her choice of other jewellery would be more interesting. Most of the other Queens / Princesses have access to a lot of very interesting and substantial old jewellery. Camilla's choice is slightly more restricted - she could use the collet necklace, and perhaps the other unnamed diamond necklace she used, or perhaps the 3 string Greville necklace. Her collection of coloured neckalces is perhaps less inspired: the Saudi emerald necklace, the Saudi ruby breastplate. Perhaps HM might lend her something interesting for the event, maybe the Greville emeralds? Your thoughts on the topic would be appreciated.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Commoner

I'm excited to see who will wear what. I wrote a post that featured tiaras that Victoria might choose for her wedding (see here) and discovered the Napoleonic steel-cut tiara, which I never saw before. It is amazing but a little too severe for a wedding. Which, now that I think about it, I don't know why I included it, but it is so interesting to look at that I couldn't help myself.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Less than two months till the big wedding! I just hope that Victoria will not dig out another brooch for her pre-wedding. Just imagine everyone in their best jewels and the bride with a trinket in her hair. On Margrethe's birthday dinner she looked good, but not appropriate, imo.
I hope that Charles and Camilla will attend. Camilla would need two tiaras and one would most certainly be the Greville honeycomb. The Delhi Durbar again? Or how about one of Queen Mary's tiaras for the pre-wedding, the sapphire or the emerald bandeau?

But before that there are the Russian state visits to Norway and Denmark:
Mette-Marit will most likely wear the small diamond tiara, the Queen is more difficult to guess. Somehow I fear that she will smack on the moder topaz star wars thingy
In Denmark the wedding tiaras for Mary and Marie (hope she will attend, am I right that it would be her first state banquet?). Queen Margrethe just wore the pearl poire tiara, the emerald tiara and the floral aigrette at her birthday festivities, so I guess it's now time for the palmette tiara.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

It's not certain that the Concert at the Concert House will be white tie. But the swedsh Version of the Wedding Website refers to it as Galaförestallning the english only only as Concert. I think that the private Dinner on Thursday will be black tie. So we can hope that the Concert will be indeed white tie. As for Camilla i think she could also opt for the Shand Family tiara on of the 2 Events if she and Charles are present at both days. I think in the netherlands and also in Norway he was only present on the actual Wedding day.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stuart Diamond Tiara

The tiara looks good with bouffant hair style. I hope the queen will wear it soon like maybe to Victoria's wedding
Old 04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s7gxnt.jpg - MM.
Picture details - Queen Sonja.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Royal Highness

Wow, Queen Sonia with the emeralds! She really put on all her splendor. I'm glad I was wrong about the star wars tiara. Mette-Marit looks splendid, a nice hairstyle with her wedding tiara.
Princess Astrid wore those wing-things again: Kongen vektla samholdet - Norge - NRK Nyheter
I'm glad that there are a couple of decent photos this time.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Picture details - Queen Sonja.

Close-up
http://gfx.nrk.no/d8N8RVLwHDY4X-e2_9...0ojWYK7ZQA.jpg

Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

Yesterday was the gala dinner for the Russian president's state visit to Denmark.
Queen Margrethe wore the Baden palmette tiara, Mary and Marie their wedding tiaras and Benedikte her star tiara.
Photo galerie Dronning Margrethe mødte bjørnen | www.bt.dk
Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Can't believe I almost missed the pictures from last night.
Mary looked stunning, Marie needs another tiara.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

There are also new official photos, and guess which tiara she's wearing?
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Billedkalender
We have seen her wearing this tiara 5 time in 2 weeks. Yes, she definitely needs another tiara.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Don't think she will get another tiara. Alexandra also had only the diamond drop tiara in her 10 years as Princess. It's a pity that the danish royal ladies don't share their tiaras.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree it is unlikely that she will get another tiara. Perhaps she might consider experimenting with a tiara of semi-precious stones like Mary has successfully done.

I am personally not very keen on the idea of women of the household sharing tiaras. I see tiara's as quite personal - like Camilla and the Greville Bourheron, or QE2 and the Girls of Great Britain. I think the Dutch approach to these things takes some of the mystique of these for me
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Royal Highness

I too agree that it is unlikely that she will get a new tiara. But I also always thought that Mary would not get a third tiara before she becomes Queen. Now she has access to the Midnight tiara which is a loan from the jeweller/designer. Who knows, maybe a similar deal will be arranged for Marie one day.
Besides, the Midnight tiara not only contains moonstones, but is said to also contain 1.300 diamonds and cost 1,5 million Dkk (about 200.000 Euro).
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The invites list for Princess Victorias wedding has been published.
We can expect Tiaras from

Queen Silvia, Princess Madeline, Princess Margaretha, Princess Christina, Princess Desiree of Sweden.
Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Bendikte, Carina Axelsson, Princess Alexandra, Princess Nathalie (if she attends due to pregnancy) of Denmark.
Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha-Louise of Norway
Queen Paolo, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Princess Claire of Belgium.
Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Alexia, Crown Princess Marie-Chantel, Princess Theodora of Greece.
Queen Rania of Jordan.
Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Queen Beatrix, Crown Princess Maxima, Princess Mabel, Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands.
Queen Sofia, Crown Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina of Spain.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex.

A grand total of 35 displays of jewels, not including the Brides.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh this should just be spectacular!!!! Thanks for the info. Im trying to guess who will wear what. If all new dresses will be used or if we shall see some older ones and with which jewels......

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara