Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Q.S will lend the ruby tiara to anyone, and it's not a piece that can be used in a royal wedding imo.

I think we will see Letizia with the Prussian tiara since the Spanish Royals only have 5-6 tiaras and 4 women are going, I would love to see Letizia in this tiara.

^^
Well until PF gets to be king she won't get to wear it.

Although it's going to be interesting how the jewels are going to be share out when KJC and QS die.

I think we will see Letizia with the Prussian tiara since the Spanish Royals only have 5-6 tiaras and 4 women are going, I would love to see Letizia in this tiara.

As the others have stated, it is highly unlikely until she becomes queen that she will wear this piece. I agree it is a very beautiful tiara, perhaps my favorite from the Spanish collection. I think, however, that Letizia's features are too delicate to wear such a large piece. All of the other tiaras she has worn complement someone with a smaller head and more delicate features, even if they are very sharp and angular like Letizia's.

If something happened to King Juan Carlos and Felipe and Letizia were suddenly the King and Queen, I think the first time Letizia wore the Ansorena or Queen Maria Christina's pearl tiara would be a disaster because they are too big for her, even if she cut her hair and wore it more full like Sofia's. Queen Ena's pearl tiara is her best bet for success with the larger tiaras, but for now, I don't think it would work.

And, like almost everyone else, I too hope for Letizia to wear her hair up. Others have successfully mastered tiaras and cascading hair, but so far Letizia has been a disappointment each time she has attempted it.

Yes, it is true. She needs to wear her hair up, maybe a different hairdo. Howevery, unfortunately, I think she will wear the prussian one, since princesses are used to wear their own wedding tiara in events like this. Cristina will certanly wear the Floral Tiara and Elena the Shell Tiara, which I'd like to see on Letizia.

I am also very curious about Queen Rania's tiara. I don't want her to use that small piece she wore in Brunei :(

Could someone who has kept track or made a list share an up to date listing of the Royal Ladies who will be at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding a week (YAY!!!!) from today please?

Just so I know for sure who's going/will showing off a Tiara and who isn't/won't be. Thanks in advance!!

The invites list for Princess Victorias wedding has been published.
There you are. But forget The Duchess of Cornwall, she won't be present. It is not clear either who will attend from Belgium and you may include in this list the Princess of Liechtenteins and Caroline of Monaco, and do not forget the non-reigning royal houses. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Lumutqueen:
Queen Silvia, Princess Madeline, Princess Margaretha, Princess Christina, Princess Desiree of Sweden.
Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Bendikte, Carina Axelsson, Princess Alexandra, Princess Nathalie (if she attends due to pregnancy) of Denmark.
Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha-Louise of Norway
Queen Paola, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Princess Claire of Belgium.
Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Alexia, Crown Princess Marie-Chantel, Princess Theodora of Greece.
Queen Rania of Jordan.
Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Queen Beatrix, Crown Princess Maxima, Princess Mabel, Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands.
Queen Sofia, Crown Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina of Spain.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex.

Update:

add to Sweden: Princess Birgitta and most likely her daughter Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern will wear her mother daamond and pearl tiara
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
Crown Princess Catherine of Yugoslavia
Herediatry Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

a swedish newspaper also mentions Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand

Last edited:
:previous: Why is the Duchess of Cornwall listed above? It's only detailing the invites I pressume?

I'm not so certain that Elena will use the shell tiara. So far Queen Sofia has only loaned it once tio letizia and once to Infanta Margarita. Perhaps she will use the prussian tiara insteed. As for Raniai would like to see the arabic tiara again but please with a better hairstyle then in the Netherlands.

The arabic tiara would be one of the finnest tiara's on display should it be worn by Rania. It's such a striking creation.

However, it should ideally be worn with a french twist.

I'm not so certain that Elena will use the shell tiara. So far Queen Sofia has only loaned it once tio letizia and once to Infanta Margarita. Perhaps she will use the prussian tiara insteed. As for Raniai would like to see the arabic tiara again but please with a better hairstyle then in the Netherlands.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since her marriage Letizia has been the only one who has used the prussian tiara, and it's now associated with her so I don't think that Elena will wear the prussian.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since her marriage Letizia has been the only one who has used the prussian tiara, and it's now associated with her so I don't think that Elena will wear the prussian.

No. Cristina also has worn the prussian tiara sometimes since 2004 when Letizia used the floral one. For Elena before her marriage she used either the prussian or the fkloral tiara which she shared with Cristina. Since her marriage she has only worn the Marichalar tiara. So it will be interestring which one she uses now. Does anyone know if the Marichalar tiara it was a ne wone or a heirloom of the Marichalar Family. I think it was said at her Wedding that it was a gift to her.

Cristina wore the Prussian tiara at the gala dinner of the state visit of president Putin, February 2006
Profimedia
Letizia wore the floral tiara
Profimedia

No. Cristina also has worn the prussian tiara sometimes since 2004 when Letizia used the floral one. For Elena before her marriage she used either the prussian or the fkloral tiara which she shared with Cristina. Since her marriage she has only worn the Marichalar tiara. So it will be interestring which one she uses now. Does anyone know if the Marichalar tiara it was a ne wone or a heirloom of the Marichalar Family. I think it was said at her Wedding that it was a gift to her.

So I stand corrected :flowers:

I've been looking on google information about the marichalar and in this link it says that after the divorce the infanta didn't give back the tiara as it is hers and that it was bought in Ansorena.

Her_Majesty that seems to be the case and I think it's quite a nice tradition. I would go along with most of your guesses as well.

Great job Her Majesty! I agree with most all of your choices. The only one I feel will be different is Queen Beatrix, I think she will wear her rose tiara since she just had on the Wuttenberg last week. I can't wait to see their choices!

Update:
add to Sweden: Princess Birgitta and most likely her daughter Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern will wear her mother daamond and pearl tiara
I heard that P. Brigitta presented her diamond and pearl tiara to her daughter. But was that ever confirmed, or is there a possibility that P. Desirée only borrowed the tiara from her mother? And if Desirée wears the pearl tiara, would that mean that Princess Brigitta will borrow something from the Bernadotte collection? Did she do the same at the King's birthda Gala? (I know, that's a lot of questions, but there is still so much I don't know;))
So far P. Maxima clearly stuck to this tradition: she wore her wedding star tiara only at other weddings. Also Queen Beatrix often (but not always) used her wedding tiara, the Würtemberg pearl tiar, at other weddings.
But than I was surprised to see CP. Mary with the ruby tiara at Joachim and Marie's wedding. So I believe that she might wear the rubies again in Sweden, it would be the first time for her to wear it abroad.
And some who borrowed their wedding tiara can't wear it again anyway. Like Mathilde or Märtha-Louise and even Queen Margrethe never had access to their wedding tiara after their wedding.
But I would like to see at least the Dutch ladies sticking to this tradition.

As for Queen Silvia, I hope that she will go grander than the nine-prongs tiara: she should wear the Branganza tiara or at least the Leuchtenberg parure.

So I stand corrected :flowers:

I've been looking on google information about the marichalar and in this link it says that after the divorce the infanta didn't give back the tiara as it is hers and that it was bought in Ansorena.
That's an interesting link, Melibea. So it seems that the Marichalar tiara was made for the infanta by Ansorena and it is still in her possession. (Let's hope that the source is reliable!) They say that Don Jaime visited the tiara exposition of Ansorena and he supposedly told some friends that he is still keeping the old invoice from the tiara.
So the Infanta can continue to wear it. The question is: does she want to continue wearing a tiara which is associated with a failed marriage? We will know within 6 days!

Yes Princess Birgitta used the six-button tiara at the King's 60th birthday.
As for the Duch ladies we have to wait. Laurentien hasn't worn her Wedding tiara to other Wedding tiaras she attended and Mabel hasn't attened at white-tie Wedding at all.
As for Silvia i hope she wears the Bragnca and if Victoria doesn't wear the Cameo Silvia could wear the full Cameo-Parure. As much as i like the Leuchtenberg-sapphire it's one of the Sets she wears regulary. The 2 others she hasn't used so often.

But since P. Mabel has worn her wedding tiara at King Harald's 70th birthday gala, there is a good chance that she will wear it also at the wedding. I'm not saying that I would like that! There are nicer tiaras in the Dutch collection. Unlike P. Laurentien, Mabel is not a member of the royal house. So it would make sense that Laurentien gets greater access to the royal jewels than Mabel. Who knows, maybe Mabel has to stick to this one tiara for the rest of her life.

The tiara of the Infanta Elena belonged to the family Marichalar and was an engagement present, could be made by Ansorena but is not a modern piece made for the Infanta (Ansorena is a jeweler's shop created in the 19th century).

The Infanta might surprise us, in a Württemberg wedding in 1993 she wore this tiara, which belonged to the Greek Royal family, and Princess Irene used it in several occasions. It is not known if it was a loan of her aunt, or if Irene decided to sell or to yield the tiara to her sister.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14490y1.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2u8faq9.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/o7nbrl.jpg

Since then I believe that this tiara has not appeared publicly.

I don't like the star tiara on Máxima, it seems so ugly :s

I guess she will wear the Diamond Bound tiara she wore in Chile's State Visit last year.

Queen Rania doesn't own the Arabic Tiara she wore in Netherlands State Visit, so at least she will get it borrowed again, she'll wear that ugly one from Brunei :s

Then who does the Arabic Tiara belongs to? and which tiara sis she wear in brunei?

Tiara worn in Brunei
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/ZUL-IZZI_04.jpg

But than I was surprised to see CP. Mary with the ruby tiara at Joachim and Marie's wedding. So I believe that she might wear the rubies again in Sweden, it would be the first time for her to wear it abroad.

So the Infanta can continue to wear it. The question is: does she want to continue wearing a tiara which is associated with a failed marriage? We will know within 6 days!

I believe she wore the rubies because she was in Denmark.
If it's a beautiful tiara, i've never seen it though, I do not know why she wouldn't wear it.

The tiara of the Infanta Elena belonged to the family Marichalar and was an engagement present, could be made by Ansorena but is not a modern piece made for the Infanta (Ansorena is a jeweler's shop created in the 19th century).
Oops, looks like I misunderstood the article. But it states that Don Jaime said that he still keeps the old invoice from Ansorena.
I believe that the circle tiara which Infanta Elena wore once is still in the possession of P. Irene. If it now belonged to Queen Sophia, wouldn't it have been worn more often? But it was only worn once by the Infanta in a private event. It will be interesting to see who will finally receive this piece. It might just as well stay with the Greek royal family and go to one of Konstantine's children.

Queen Rania doesn't own the Arabic Tiara she wore in Netherlands State Visit, so at least she will get it borrowed again, she'll wear that ugly one from Brunei :s

Where has it been stated that she (or the King) doesn't own it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom