The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Obviously my memory tricked me, but I thought that neither Spanish nor British royals attended the 70's birthday of King Harald. I would love to see Queen Sophia wear one of her bigger tiaras again, eg. the Cartier pearl tiara or the loop tiara. And maybe Camilla with the Greville honeycomb tiara and Sophie with the aquamarine tiara. The Gloucester's have a superb tiara collection, the honeysuckle tiara is one of my favourites, but I doubt that 3 British couples will attend.
But one thing is certain: 2010 will be an excellant year for tiara watching, with Queen Margrethe's birthday and CP Victoria's wedding
Marengo, I like the rumours of the new setting for the stuart parure. I hope they are true!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

It would be great to see Charles and Camilla at the event, though I am not optimistic. Perhaps Princess Anne?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Obviously my memory tricked me, but I thought that neither Spanish nor British royals attended the 70's birthday of King Harald.
Princess Anne & Prince Edward attended the celebrations.
Letizia was 7 months pregnant at the time but Princess Christina attended.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be great to see Charles and Camilla at the event, though I am not optimistic. Perhaps Princess Anne?
As Charles has attended all recent Crown Princely Weddings (with the exception of Frederiks) i hope he will also attend Victorias Wedding. As for Princess Anne it would be nice but she seldom attends royal Events abroad.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Would be nice if the Queen wore the emerald parure for the gala at Christiansborg.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if in Denmark, Máxima will wear the peacock ruby tiara again and/or the mellerio sapphire necklace as tiara (like princess Margriet did). There are rumours that the Stuart parure has a new (and smaller) setting, so who knows... maybe Queen Beatrix will surprise us all (otherwise her small floral tiara is a safe bet).
Oh it would be so fun to see Queen Bea with a new setting of the Stuart Parure. !!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
There are rumours that the Stuart parure has a new (and smaller) setting, so who knows... maybe Queen Beatrix will surprise us all.
I was thinking that if the reset Stuart parure incorporates the 'Holland' diamond, wouldn't it be more "appropriate" for the Queen to debut it at home rather than in Denmark?
-> House Diamond Parure (convoluted) history
Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I was thinking that if the reset Stuart parure incorporates the 'Holland' diamond, wouldn't it be more "appropriate" for the Queen to debut it at home rather than in Denmark?
-> House Diamond Parure (convoluted) history
I agree that it would be more appropriate to debut it at home. But at which event? The Queens 70th birthday has passed without a white tie gala. A "normal" state visit wouldn't really give the right setting for such a debut, imo. Anyway, Queen Beatrix doesn't like heavy tiaras and seems to be happy enough with alternating her few favourite tiaras. So, would it be for Maxima, who is obviously very fond of exploring the depth of the royal vaults? The coronation/investiture, maybe? Imo that would be the perfect occasion. But we will have to be patient, because Queen Beatrix is still in great shape, doing a great job. I don't see her abdicating any time soon.
Looking at John’s wonderful website I wonder why the 2nd setting of this tiara has never been seen. It seem quite wearable and it would be a shame to break up a historical tiara which has been a favourite of Queen Juliana.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

On the first of her Birthday galas the Queen today wears the pearl parure
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ch.html?page=1
and CP Mary her wedding tiara
Picture details
Princess Marie wears her floral tiara (of course) and also Princess Benedikte wears her floral tiara. Here is a picture galery of B.T.
http://www.bt.dk/nyheder/hundreder-f...med-dronningen
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Alexia
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala
Princess Victoria
Queen Margrethe.
Crown Princess Mary.
Crown Princess Mette Marit.
Queen Anne Marie.
GD Marie-Theresa.
Princess Benedikte.
Princess Marie.
Carina Axelsson.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb...ix_536249f.jpg
= Mette Marit
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056664455.jpg
= Maxima
ANP Beeldbank
= Mary
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056665078.jpg
= Carina
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056665058.jpg
= Alexia
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056665062.jpg
= Beatrix
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056665073.jpg
= GD Marie Theresa
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0056665071.jpg
= Marie

first pictures of tiara's
Victoria didn't wear one.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Loved MARY,AND MAXIIAM
Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Closer up pictures.

Mary
Maxima
Beatrix

Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Can someone please post a close-up picture of the contemporary tiara of CP Mary and give some further clarification on it? thx so much
Old 04-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Can someone please post a close-up picture of the contemporary tiara of CP Mary and give some further clarification on it? thx so much
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Close up enough?

The Midnight Tiara

Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Beautiful crown princess mary has the best tiarras out of all the regining princesses
Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Beautiful crown princess mary has the best tiarras out of all the regining princesses
She only has three at her disposal.
Maxima and Mette-Marit have a lot more.
They are indeed stunning but many of the Dutch Tiaras can outshine the Midnight one.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

This tiara is fantastic for a less formal events, like yesterday, but I agree with lumutqueen - other princesses are better collections.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
This tiara is fantastic for a less formal events, like yesterday, but I agree with lumutqueen - other princesses are better collections.
See I wish she would of worn her wedding tiara last night.

It's a formal enough event her mother-in-laws 70th Birthday, she wore the midnight tiara to Prince Henrik's 75th I know but if she'd been allowed to wear another new tiara, that would've been nice.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

I am sure some of you enjoyed last week as much as I did. Unfortunately I was quite busy with real life and only just finished browsing throught all the pictures and organizing my archives. I made some panels of the major royal ladies and their tiaras during the three events. Hope you like this little overview:
http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/23...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg
The Queen and Mary looked stunning on all three nights. Margrethe finally wore the gorgeous emerald parure again. Mary wore the Midnight tiara again and now it is quite clear that she has a third tiara for good (at her disposal, it still belongs to the jeweller, but she can loan it.)
Carina Axelson appeared in a new tiara. Queen Beatrix wore the ruby peacock tiara for the first time. Maxima honoured us with the small sapphire tiara and there were some really stunning close-ups posted on the RJB. And there were a couple of really successful hairdo's, I especially liked Mary's with the ruby tiara and Mette-Marit's with the diamond bandeau. I'm still catching my breath.
On the down side: the Belgian and Spanish royal ladies didn't make it due to the vulcanic ash, Queen Silvia in her sapphire tiara was late and there are no proper pictures of her, Victoria (who looked decidedly happy with Daniel by her size) opted for the 4-Button-Mickey-Mouse-tiara and than for no tiara at all (she wore only a brooch in her hair at the last gala).

Am I right that there are state visits coming up? The Russian president was supposed to visit Norway and Denmark next week, is that correct?

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara