Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My preference would be for Queen Máxima wearing the rather grand Stuart Tiara and for Queen Mathilde to wear the Spanish floral Tiara and put all the rumours to bed once and for all.

Most likely we'll see Queen Mathilde wearing the 9 Province Tiara.

So the Jewels for tonights State Banquet:
- Queen Máxima in the ruby Mellerio parure (her current favourite).
- Queen Mathilde in the Full Nine Provinces
- Princess Beatrix in the diamond bandeau
- Princess Margriet in the Pearl Button tiara
- Princess Laurentien in Queen Emma's floral tiara

After all, no surprises as far as we can see. I had hoped for a very nice jewel surprise.

No surprise at all. But I'm so happy that all the Dutch royal couples attended! Finally we see Princess Laurentien with a tiara again. And it's always a pleasure to see Princess Margriet and Princess Beatrix.

How boring indeed. No surprises at all, what a disappointment.

Last edited:
It's funny how fast something like this ends up being boring :lol:
In each other country it would be fabulous to see like five serious tiaras (because that is what it is, we've got some serious bling power in the house, not every royal family owns this many tiaras with huge diamonds).
However, I agree with you on Queen Máx. She could have surprised us more (she wears this tiara so often, it's her new favourite). Although the Stuart, Sapphire or Wurttemberg would have looked completely out of place next to Mathilde.

I think though this is a first for princess Laurentien: first time Emma's diamond tiara without ruby center. That's quite nice. To end things positively. :D

So the Jewels for tonights State Banquet:
- Queen Máxima in the ruby Mellerio parure (her current favourite).
- Queen Mathilde in the Full Nine Provinces
- Princess Beatrix in the diamond bandeau
- Princess Margriet in the Pearl Button tiara
- Princess Laurentien in Queen Emma's floral tiara

After all, no surprises as far as we can see. I had hoped for a very nice jewel surprise.

It looks like Mathilde is wearing a brooch to pin her sash. Is it Queen Fabiola's waterfall brooch ? I can't tell if she is also wearing any necklace , but it doesn't look like she is.

How boring indeed. No surprises at all. What a disappointment.

Yes I agree ,was hoping that we'd have a tiara surprise tonight,ah well maybe Letizia will surprise us all and wear a ring tonight!

It looks like Mathilde is wearing a brooch to pin her sash. Is it Queen Fabiola's waterfall brooch ? I can't tell if she is also wearing any necklace , but it doesn't look like she is.

Yes, it is. https://www.anpfoto.nl/royalimages/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=48654061&pos=2

And in the end, I was right: The Dutch received 40 orders from the Belgians (Máx and WA being the highest: Grand Cross in the Order of Leopold, Laurentien in the Crown Order for the first time). The Belgians received half of their given orders: 20 (Flip and Mathilde being the highest: Knight/Dame Grand Cross in the Order of the Dutch Lion).

Last edited:
EmmaNL We were right as for the Sashes !
I saw more glittering Royal Sitting Groups in the Past.

Pity that there are no jewel surprises. But all in all the royal ladies look quiet nice. Queen Emma's diamond tiara seems to be the favourite of Princess Laurentien as she has it worn the most. The rubies on Queen Máxima look also good but i think her gown clashes with the purple Order of Leopold.
As the State Banquet in portugal sems to be white tie perhaps there is still a chance that Queen letizia will surprise us and wears a tiara. But if she does it will very likely by the floral tiara.

Queens Beatrix and Paola, King Albert II did better. It is the past alas

Queens Beatrix and Paola, King Albert II did better. It is the past alas
Not always. It's at last better then the State Visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in the 1990's where the State Banquet was black tie not white tie. Then Queen Fabiola wore the wolfers tiara and Queen Beatric Queen emma's diamond tiara. And at the State vist of King Albert II. and Queen Paola Queen Beatrix wore again Queen Emma's diamond tiara and Queen Paola the 9 provinces tiara and one of her diamond necklaces.
So it is about the same. Queen Mathilde could have worn a necklace but she makes not wearing one up by instead wearing the waterfall broche

No tiara for Letizia tonight. On another note, let's hope she will wear a tiara she's never worn before at Harald's possible 80th birthday.

It's funny how fast something like this ends up being boring :lol:
In each other country it would be fabulous to see like five serious tiaras (because that is what it is, we've got some serious bling power in the house, not every royal family owns this many tiaras with huge diamonds).
However, I agree with you on Queen Máx. She could have surprised us more (she wears this tiara so often, it's her new favourite). Although the Stuart, Sapphire or Wurttemberg would have looked completely out of place next to Mathilde.

I think though this is a first for princess Laurentien: first time Emma's diamond tiara without ruby center. That's quite nice. To end things positively. :D

True, after the initial disappointment there were some nice things too: 5 tiaras, Laurentien in Q. Emma's diamond tiara, princess Margriet in a tiara that does not disappear completely in her hair, the waterfall brooch on the Belgian queen and Queen Máxima wearing the ruby earrings in their longest variation. But still, I hoped for one or two surprises. There is enough lying around in the vaults collecting dust.

Anyway, let's hope for some nice necklaces tomorrow.

What I love to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Cameo or Baden Fringe
Victoria: Amethyst or Aquamarine Kokosnik with the Brazilian earrings or pink topaz set
Madeleine: Connaught or Baden Fringe with the emerald demi parure or cameo set

This is simply a list for fun, not the official list. I always thought the pink topaz set would look great with the amethyst tiara.

Last edited:
What I love to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Cameo or Baden Fringe
Victoria: Amethyst or Aquamarine Kokosnik with the Brazilian earrings or pink topaz set
Madeleine: Connaught or Baden Fringe with the emerald demi parure or cameo set

This is simply a list for fun, not the official list. I always thought the pink topaz set would look great with the amethyst tiara.

I would love to see the emerald necklace get used T the Nobels by either the Queen or the Crown Princess.

What I would like to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia- Cameo
Crown Princess Victoria- Laurel Wreath
Princess Madeleine- Connaught
Princess Sofia- Amethyst or 4 button

What I guess what they really wear

Queen Silvia- Leuchtenberg Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria- Six Button or Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Madeleine- Modern Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia- Emerald Tiara

I have changed my mind. I would like to see the Cameo tiara on Crown Princess Victoria for the Nobel Prize Ceremony and Banquet. I think that means Queen Silvia has to wear the Leuchtenberg Parure.

I have changed my mind. I would like to see the Cameo tiara on Crown Princess Victoria for the Nobel Prize Ceremony and Banquet. I think that means Queen Silvia has to wear the Leuchtenberg Parure.

There are also other option's for Queen Silvia like the Connaught tiara, the ruby Tiara etc. Hopefully something different then the Leuchtenberg sapphires or the Nine Pronge. had just a look at her gown at the Nobelprizge website and the last time see whore a different tiara then the 2 was in 2007 when she wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz necklace.

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain tiara
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara

There are also other option's for Queen Silvia like the Connaught tiara, the ruby Tiara etc. Hopefully something different then the Leuchtenberg sapphires or the Nine Pronge. had just a look at her gown at the Nobelprizge website and the last time see whore a different tiara then the 2 was in 2007 when she wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz necklace.

Indeed, and 2007 was the last time she wore the Cameo tiara as well. She wore it with just a month's space, for a state visit from Bulgaria in October and for the state visit to Austria in November.

Indeed, and 2007 was the last time she wore the Cameo tiara as well. She wore it with just a month's space, for a state visit from Bulgaria in October and for the state visit to Austria in November.

And the last time the Cameo tiara was worn was on 19.06.2010 by a certain bride. The necklace has been worn a few times later i believe the last time was at the State Visit to France. But the last time the entire Parure was seen woprn together was at the State Visit to Austria. Now with all children beeing married i hope Silvia will wear the tiara again and if she does not want to wear it she should loan it to Victoria.

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain tiara
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara

If we get pics we will probably only get some bad Car pics of Catherine and if we are lucky also from Camila. But not from Hm so we will not ge to know what she has worn. I have heard that apparently Camilla has worn once or twice the Teck tiara which is on loan to her at that reception but there is no prof as there are no pics.

Last edited:
And the last time the Cameo tiara was worn was on 19.06.2010 by a certain bride. The necklace has been worn a few times later i believe the last time was at the State Visit to France. But the last time the entire Parure was seen woprn together was at the State Visit to Austria. Now with all children beeing married i hope Silvia will wear the tiara again and if she does not want to wear it she should loan it to Victoria.

If we get pics we will probably only get some bad Car pics of Catherine and if we are lucky also from Camila. But not from Hm so we will not ge to know what she has worn. I have heard that apparently Camilla has worn once or twice the Teck tiara which is on loan to her at that reception but there is no prof as there are no pics.

The Cameo tiara has stayed in the vaults for way too long now, and I would be happy to see it on any of the Royal ladies. Crown Princess Victoria seems to like to debut new to her jewels at the Nobels. So why not the Cameo again?

The Cameo tiara has stayed in the vaults for way too long now, and I would be happy to see it on any of the Royal ladies. Crown Princess Victoria seems to like to debut new to her jewels at the Nobels. So why not the Cameo again?
I think it had something to do with the Weddings and the Cameo tiara as a possible Wedding tiara that it has not been worn for some time. But now as all children are married and there will be no swedish Royal wedding for the next 25-30 years it should come out again.

Last edited:
I think it had something to do with the Weddings and the Cameo tiara as a possible Wedding tiara that it has not been worn for some time. But now as all children are married and there will be no swedish Royal wedding for the next 25-30 years it should ome out again.

I think that is a valid reason, but also a reason for letting us see it again.

I also think that the 'disappearance' of the cameo tiara is connected with the weddings. But after all, I don't really get why! It was only worn by Victoria, both Madeleine and Sofia wore other tiaras. So why retire the cameo, when it wasn't even intended to be worn by them as well? Imo, it's really time to unearth it again, it's under-used.

These are some wishes I have for the Nobels:
- two different tiaras on both nights for all the ladies
- one or two first-timers! Sofia should get to wear a second tiara, and maybe Madeleine could try the large cut-steel
- buttons should be worn by the gentlemen - on their shirts - not by the ladies on their tiaras (I could accept a button tiara on Sofia, but only because it would be a first-timer ;))
- as many tiara-wearing Countesses Bernadotte as possible!

Just three days to go! We'll have a nice, glittering weekend.:D

I also think that the 'disappearance' of the cameo tiara is connected with the weddings. But after all, I don't really get why! It was only worn by Victoria, both Madeleine and Sofia wore other tiaras. So why retire the cameo, when it wasn't even intended to be worn by them as well? Imo, it's really time to unearth it again, it's under-used.
.:D

We don't know if Madeleine and Sofia where offered to wear the Cameo tiara at their Weddings. It could also be that it was their own choice not to werar uit. Then the disappearace would makse sense. But it now almost 1,5 years since the last Wedding and it has still not been seen since. So lets hope that it will reappear at this years Nobel.

We don't know if Madeleine and Sofia where offered to wear the Cameo tiara at their Weddings. It could also be that it was their own choice not to werar uit. Then the disappearace would makse sense. But it now almost 1,5 years since the last Wedding and it has still not been seen since. So lets hope that it will reappear at this years Nobel.
That could be the reason. :flowers: So now it's time to dust the cameos off again. Preferably, the Queen should wear the complete parure again.

No we will never see the Cameo Parure for the Nobel.
I should like to see Princess Lilian scarabee necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom