Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i clearly wrote, it is an unlikely scenario.

But you'll never know what the future holds.
Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine share some tiaras.
And Princess Lilian shared the 6-button tiara (wich was created for her) and the Baden fringe tiara with Crown Princess Victoria.
The Swedish royal ladies are not as strict as they are in Denmark.

I would say that even though they were all very close to Princess Lilian, Silvia was the closest. They was like mother and daughter, even more so after Silvias parents died. She inherited the Egyptian Scarab Necklace and a lot of money. Victoria probably got the tiara both as a personal gift but also to ensure that the tiara would be in the main line of the Royal family.

The Swedish royal ladies are not as strict as they are in Denmark.....

Queen Ingrid was very generous with her jewels to other members of her family she even let Princess Margaretha of Denmark wear the Danish Pearl Poire Tiara at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1952 and allowed her niece Princess Margaretha of Sweden, Mrs. Ambler and Princess Margaretha of Denmark to wear the Khedive tiara maybe she got her generosity from being a swedish princess ;) .

Last edited:

And Princess Lilian shared the 6-button tiara (wich was created for her) and the Baden fringe tiara with Crown Princess Victoria.

I would say that even though they were all very close to Princess Lilian, Silvia was the closest. They was like mother and daughter, even more so after Silvias parents died. She inherited the Egyptian Scarab Necklace and a lot of money. Victoria probably got the tiara both as a personal gift but also to ensure that the tiara would be in the main line of the Royal family.
Never say never! :flowers: But I think that the higher up a lady is in the hierarchy, the less likely she is to borrow a tiara. So I don't see the Queen borrowing the laurel tiara.

Although the 6-buttons tiara was created for Lilian to use, she didn't own it. The buttons and diamonds always belonged to the Bernadotte foundation, afaik. Princess Lilian owned the laurel tiara, and we know that she didn't share that one with anybody.

I really hope that Sofia will try out a second tiara. I'm always fond of variety, and it will be good to see her vary her tiaras. But I think that she will start out with something smaller and leave the fairly large amethyst circlet for later. The 4-buttons wouldn't surprise me, it seems like the tiara which every junior member of the family has to do at least once. So let's get over and done with it.:whistling:

There is a difference. The Swedish have two types of tiaras. They have the ones owned by the foundation. These can be worn by any royal lady. Though the sux button was created for Lilian, it was owned by the foundation. The one exception are the tiaras like the sapphire which are reserved hit the queen.

On the other hand you have the private owned ones. The kokoshnik and modern fringe are among them. Silvia seems to have given Madeleine her tiara, which is common enough for jewels to pass mother to daughter or fish a generation. The laurel was owned sbd only ever Worn by Lilian. On her passing she left jewels to everyone. Silvia and Madeleine both inherited several pieces. Jus like I don't see Victoria wearing the aquamarine jewels Madeleine was given, I don't see Victoria lending her tiara, other than Estelle when older. It would be the same as Madeleine, Victoria or Sofia lending their starter tiaras which is even more unlikely.

I know the difference. I know that the 6-button tiara belongs to the family foundation and was created by buttons from the kings crown that had earlier belonged to Queen Lovisa Ulrika.

I was just giving some examples of sharing of tiaras. Princess Margaretha Mrs Ambler is still the owner of the Aquamarine Kokoshnik but we have seen it on both Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson and Princess Madeleine.
The Laurel Wreath Tiara belonged to Prince Bertil wich he had inherited from his mother. He apprently left it to Lilian upon his death with the intention that it should stay with the main Royal family. Thus Victoria was the natural choice.

And apprently, to even mention Princess Sofia's name is still a very sinsble matter for some people.......

I am Swedish and have followed the Royal family very closely through my whole life so i know what i am talking about when it comes to the swedes. I was just thinking loud and experimenting with my thoughts. I wasn't talking about likely scenarios.
Thought it was obvious for everyone but apprently not.........
I am leaving this discussion now and looking forward to the Nobel Festivities instead :)

Last edited:
I really hope that Sofia will try out a second tiara. I'm always fond of variety, and it will be good to see her vary her tiaras. But I think that she will start out with something smaller and leave the fairly large amethyst circlet for later. The 4-buttons wouldn't surprise me, it seems like the tiara which every junior member of the family has to do at least once. So let's get over and done with it.:whistling:

She will likely wear both the button tiaras and the amethyst sometime. Princess Lilian as far as i know never wore the 4-button so there is some hope that Sofia might escape it :-D

If Victoria comes to the throne before Princess Estelle has turned 18 or while she is a young tiara wearer, Sofia will likely wear the baden fringe tiara or the Cut Steel tiara too.

I know the difference. I know that the 6-button tiara belongs to the family foundation and was created by buttons from the kings crown that had earlier belonged to Queen Lovisa Ulrika.

I was just giving some examples of sharing of tiaras. Princess Margaretha Mrs Ambler is still the owner of the Aquamarine Kokoshnik but we have seen it on both Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson and Princess Madeleine.
The Laurel Wreath Tiara belonged to Prince Bertil wich he had inherited from his mother. He apprently left it to Lilian upon his death with the intention that it should stay with the main Royal family. Thus Victoria was the natural choice.

And apprently, to even mention Princess Sofia's name is still a very sinsble matter for some people.......

I am Swedish and have followed the Royal family very closely through my whole life so i know what i am talking about when it comes to the swedes. I was just thinking loud and experimenting with my thoughts. I wasn't talking about likely scenarios.
Thought it was obvious for everyone but apprently not.........
I am leaving this discussion now and looking forward to the Nobel Festivities instead :)

Excuse me but where did I bring up Sofia or make it a sin :ohmy: you suggested Victoria would lend her Mother the tiara. Nothing about Sofia wearing it. Why you get yet panties twisted over Sofia when she was never brought up is beyond me. The only mention of if is by me was comparing her loaning her wedding tiara to say Madeleine, to Victoria loaning her personal tiara to someone.

Bertil gave his wife the tiara. It was hers to do either as she chose. If he intended it to return to the main family, it would have been given to the foundation. It wasn't. It was given as a private gift yo her beloved niece and can be done either as she sees fit. And there us a difference between an older generation lending jewels down then the other way. Can you imagine Kate lending jewels to Camilla or the queen:lol:

She will likely wear both the button tiaras and the amethyst sometime. Princess Lilian as far as i know never wore the 4-button so there is some hope that Sofia might escape it :-D

If Victoria comes to the throne before Princess Estelle has turned 18 or while she is a young tiara wearer, Sofia will likely wear the baden fringe tiara or the Cut Steel tiara too.
Princess Lilian has worn the 4-buttons at least once. I have seen pics of her wearing years back, when Prince Bertil was still alive. So here is to your hope...:whistling: But well, there is always a chance. At least Queen Silvia didn't try this one. I even think the the 4B can look quite nice with the right hairstyle. The hair needs some volume to gift the buttons a floating effect. Unfortunately, Sofia's hair is as straight as Victoria's.

It seems that Victoria and Madeleine share some tiaras, but not all. They have never shared their first tiaras, the small sapphire and the aquamarine bandeau, nor the fringes or the cut steels. We don't know if this is due to personal preferences or if there was a decision to divide some tiaras between them.

Bertil gave his wife the tiara. It was hers to do either as she chose. If he intended it to return to the main family, it would have been given to the foundation. It wasn't. It was given as a private gift yo her beloved niece and can be done either as she sees fit. And there us a difference between an older generation lending jewels down then the other way. Can you imagine Kate lending jewels to Camilla or the queen:lol:

The laurel wreath tiara was Bertils, not Lilians and it was his trough his whole life. It did never belong to the Royal family or anyone else. After his death Lilian inherited it. She wasn't given it in a testament.
It was always his and Lilians goal that his mothers jewels should stay in the main line of the Royal Family and they have.
Ofcourse he could have testamented it to the Bernadotte Foundation or even worse to the King and taken away the opportunity from his wife to ever wear it again if he wanted to snub her.....

And btw Kate can't lend any tiara to QEII or Camilla because she doesn't have any private tiara......

Last edited:
Princess Lilian has worn the 4-buttons at least once. I have seen pics of her wearing years back, when Prince Bertil was still alive. So here is to your hope...:whistling: But well, there is always a chance. At least Queen Silvia didn't try this one. I even think the the 4B can look quite nice with the right hairstyle. The hair needs some volume to gift the buttons a floating effect. Unfortunately, Sofia's hair is as straight as Victoria's.

It seems that Victoria and Madeleine share some tiaras, but not all. They have never shared their first tiaras, the small sapphire and the aquamarine bandeau, nor the fringes or the cut steels. We don't know if this is due to personal preferences or if there was a decision to divide some tiaras between them.

I belive you but i would like to see a picture of that because i have seen tons of pictures of Lilian in a tiara and as far as i remember it's been the Nine Prong Tiara, Laurel Wreath Tiara, 6-button Tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara, Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara and the Connaught Diamond Tiara.

V and M have shared the buttons and the amethyst. V has also worn the modern fringe tiara as a necklace but that's all i think.
The small sapphire tiara V got on her 18:th birthday was new i belive, wasn't it ?
Madeleines Aquamarine bandeau is from Queen Louise and have been used by the aunts when they were young (and Christina on the Kings 70:th birthday)

Though they have shared a few tiaras with their aunts. Peobably out of respect as their aunts wore the tiaras long before V and M were even born.

Last edited:
I belive you but i would like to see a picture of that because i have seen tons of pictures of Lilian in a tiara and as far as i remember it's been the Nine Prong Tiara, Laurel Wreath Tiara, 6-button Tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara, Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara and the Connaught Diamond Tiara.

4 & 6-button Tiaras here

It seems that Victoria and Madeleine share some tiaras, but not all. They have never shared their first tiaras, the small sapphire and the aquamarine bandeau, nor the fringes or the cut steels.

he question is also if this 2 tiaras are privately owned or part of the Family foundation. I think that the aquamarine bandeau is part of the Foundation as it has worn by some of the King's sisters in the 60's.

I don't' undertand why Queen Margarethe never allow Princess Mary and Princess Marie to share some of her Royal Parures.
Princess Mary bought a tiara of her own.

First state visit of 2017 announced (what I know at least). The President of Iceland will pay a state visit to Denmark 24-26 January. Glad we don't have to wait too long for the next tiara event. The tiara choices will probably the usual when it is a state visit.

First state visit of 2017 announced (what I know at least). The President of Iceland will pay a state visit to Denmark 24-26 January. Glad we don't have to wait too long for the next tiara event. The tiara choices will probably the usual when it is a state visit.

The danes will also have their usual tiara Event at the New Years Court on 01.01 so they will 2 tiara Events in about 3 weeks. And it was recently reported (but not offically announced yet) that the King and Queen of the Belgians will pay a State Visit to Denmark in the first half of 2017

Last edited:
The danes will also have their usual tiara Event at the New Years Court on 01.01 so they will 2 tiara Events in about 3 weeks. And it was recently reported (but not offically announced yet) that the King and Queen of the Belgians will pay a State Visit to Denmark in the first half of 2017

Indeed you are right! We shall not forget the New Years Banquet, and the rumored state visit from Belgium. It seems to be a very glittering start, or first months of year in Denmark.

V and M have shared the buttons and the amethyst. V has also worn the modern fringe tiara as a necklace but that's all i think.
The small sapphire tiara V got on her 18:th birthday was new i belive, wasn't it ?
Madeleines Aquamarine bandeau is from Queen Louise and have been used by the aunts when they were young (and Christina on the Kings 70:th birthday)

Though they have shared a few tiaras with their aunts. Peobably out of respect as their aunts wore the tiaras long before V and M were even born.
Here is another one with a white gown. https://s16.postimg.org/m8rjm7qut/Lilian_4b.jpg
So she has worn the 4B at least twice. Certainly not a favourite of hers, but she looks good with it. It's what I called 'looking like floating in the hair'. It doesn't look so lolly-poppish.:eek: Imo it also looked quite nice on Madeleine, because she had a rather curly hairdo. Maybe Sofia's hairdresser can do something curly for her as well?

It was once reported that Victoria's sapphire tiara also comes from the family. But it has never been publicly seen on anybody before her. I don't know if this information was reliable, though.

The fact that Christina wore the aquamarine bandeau this year could indicate that it does not belong to Madeleine personally, but either to the King or to the foundation. Do we have a good pic of Christina with it? The ones I have are terribly blurry.:sad:
I don't' undertand why Queen Margarethe never allow Princess Mary and Princess Marie to share some of her Royal Parures.
Princess Mary bought a tiara of her own.
I don't understand it either! She once loaned the turquoise bandeau to Princess Theodora, but that supposedly was because Theodore popped up without her tiara. And both Alexandra and Nathalie SWB once borrowed tiaras. But I don't know if Queen Ingrid was still alive back then.

Imo the turquoise bandeau and maybe also the Baden palmette tiara would make good tiaras to share.
Indeed you are right! We shall not forget the New Years Banquet, and the rumored state visit from Belgium. It seems to be a very glittering start, or first months of year in Denmark.
It would be absolutely wonderful if the Belgians will visit Denmark next year. :D:D But the State Visit to the NL is much closer: only 6 more days! I know we have discussed it before, but since it's getting so close I can't stop speculating about it. Let's hope that we will see some first time tiaras. Maybe Laurentien will attend and surprise us. There are so many tiaras that she hasn't worn yet, while Maxima, Beatrix and Margriet have already worn most of them. Princess Magriet of cause hasn't worn the bigger ones, but maybe she will wear the ruby peacock tiara once?

Last edited:
I doubt we will see Princess Margriet. I hope Princess Beatrix and Princess Laurentien will join Queen Máxima. But nothing is for sure. Under the new King I expected more visibility from Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien but it seems the Court is awaiting the 18th birthday of the Princess of Orange. She and her sisters are the future for the Orange-Nassau jewels.

You could be right, but I won't give up hope just now. :flowers: Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien have just moved back to the NL, so they might start doing more State Visits. And this is a mighty big visit from their very good Belgian friends. It often happens that visits from other monarchies make royals attend the banquets in full force. In Norway, for example, Princess Märtha-Louise attended several banquets for other royals, while she doesn't attend at visits from republics. Something similar might happen in NL.

But Princess Margriet has attended the Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps the last years. So why then not also a State Banquet for a Royal Couple from the neighbour country? Anyway i think Princess Beatrix will surely attend.

There are four adult ladies in the Royal House and Princess Margriet is one of them. The chances of her attendance seem higher to me than that of Princess Laurentien. I can imagine all adult members of the Royal House attending the Belgian counter event in the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ. No white-tie event.

I think we will surely see Princess Beatrix attending the State Banquet.
Since only the President of China brought a state visit to the Netherlands during WA's reign so far, we don't know what the standard will be. When the President visited, princess Beatrix attended the state banquet so I think she will be there too on monday.
I really hope we'll see princess Margriet and princess Laurentien. In the past, princess Laurentien attended a few banquets, while princess Margriet attended a lot more. I sadly enough don't think we will see both of them, although I really hope so (that would be five tiaras!)

I think for the banquet (aka I hope):
Queen Máxima: Grand Sapphire Tiara with a gorgeous Jan Taminiau gown (otherwise the Württemberg pearl tiara, although I'm hoping for the sapphires (or the Stuart of course but I do not expect that at all))
Queen Mathilde: Nine Provinces full version (-> although it would be the perfect opportunity to wear the Spanish tiara from Queen Fabiola)
Princess Beatrix: one of the smaller diamond/pearl tiara's, like Anna Pauwlona's pearls (although I would love to see her with the rubies)
Princess Margriet (if she attends): one of the smaler diamond/pearl tiara's, like the emerald tiara in pearl version or the Button tiara
Princess Laurentien (if she attends): the Laurel wreath tiara or the aquamarine tiara

For the counter event, I do not expect tiaras (it's a pity) but I think the Queens will go dripping in diamonds or other nice jewels (necklace, earrings).

I hope to see Queen Máxima with the Württemberg Ornate Pearls Diadem, in full setting, wíth all 11 upright pearl prongs, with the multi-strand pearl collier with the large diamond clasp and the Russian devant de corsage with all hanging pearls. That would be an imposing and majestic sight.

I don't understand it either! She once loaned the turquoise bandeau to Princess Theodora, but that supposedly was because Theodore popped up without her tiara. And both Alexandra and Nathalie SWB once borrowed tiaras. But I don't know if Queen Ingrid was still alive back then.

Imo the turquoise bandeau and maybe also the Baden palmette tiara would make good tiaras to share.

Daisy let her MIL borrow the Princess Dagmar Floral Tiara in 1992 & Nathalie borrowed it in 2001 for Haakon's wedding. Alexandra borrowed the Baden Palmette for Daisy's 60th Birthday events in 2000. So three of the events were before Ingrid passed and one was after. Two, if you include Theodora in 2010.

We can assume Mary/Fred will inherit the Baden Palmette, Turquoise, Golden Poppies, & Floral Aigrette. (The Emerald & Pearl being apart of the Crown Jewels. I wonder if the Greenland tiara will be only for the Queen?) I bet Marie/Joachim will inherit the Dagmar Floral. So I wonder if that's why Daisy hasn't offered any of the tiaras for Mary. But I would like to see Marie in something other than the floral.

Or at least that's my thinking. :flowers:

For the belgian-dutch State Visit i hope for
Queen Máxima eitehr the Stuart tiara or one of the Mellerio ruby tiara with necklace and stomacher
Princess Beatrix: peacock ruby tiara or Queen's Emma's diamond tiara
Pricness Margriet: laurel wreath tiara
Pricness Laurentien: the russian pearl and diamond tiara

Queen mathilde: Hope for any versionm of the spanish Wedding gift tiara,if not then the full nine provinces tiara with the wolfers tiara as necklace

for the return Event i hope she will wear the full tunisian demi parure so that we can see the necklace also worn by her.

Daisy let her MIL borrow the Princess Dagmar Floral Tiara in 1992 & Nathalie borrowed it in 2001 for Haakon's wedding. Alexandra borrowed the Baden Palmette for Daisy's 60th Birthday events in 2000. So three of the events were before Ingrid passed and one was after. Two, if you include Theodora in 2010.

We can assume Mary/Fred will inherit the Baden Palmette, Turquoise, Golden Poppies, & Floral Aigrette. (The Emerald & Pearl being apart of the Crown Jewels. I wonder if the Greenland tiara will be only for the Queen?) I bet Marie/Joachim will inherit the Dagmar Floral. So I wonder if that's why Daisy hasn't offered any of the tiaras for Mary. But I would like to see Marie in something other than the floral.

Or at least that's my thinking. :flowers:

Frederik (X) and Mary will likely get the Pearl Poiré Tiara (don't think it's part of the crown jewels as QMII has taken it abroad), the Baden Palmette Tiara, the Floral Aigrette Tiara and the Greenlandic Golden Tiara. They will defenitely get the Emerald Tiara as it's part of the crown jewels and reserved for The Queen.
And they already have the Ruby Tiara, the Wedding Tiara and Mary's new convertiable Diamond Tiara + the Midnight Tiara at their disposal.

I think Joachim and Marie will inherite the Floral Tiara that Marie currently wears. I also wouldn't be surprised if they will get the Turqouise Daisy Bandeau so Joachim will have something from Queen Ingrid too.
They also have the Flora Danica Tiara at their disposal so i don't think they will get more.

Don't know where the Golden Poppies will go. I can't see neither of Mary or Marie interested in wearing it.
But who knows....... ;)

Frederik (X) and Mary will likely get the Pearl Poiré Tiara (don't think it's part of the crown jewels as QMII has taken it abroad), the Baden Palmette Tiara, the Floral Aigrette Tiara and the Greenlandic Golden Tiara. They will defenitely get the Emerald Tiara as it's part of the crown jewels and reserved for The Queen.
And they already have the Ruby Tiara, the Wedding Tiara and Mary's new convertiable Diamond Tiara + the Midnight Tiara at their disposal.

I think Joachim and Marie will inherite the Floral Tiara that Marie currently wears. I also wouldn't be surprised if they will get the Turqouise Daisy Bandeau so Joachim will have something from Queen Ingrid too.
They also have the Flora Danica Tiara at their disposal so i don't think they will get more.

Don't know where the Golden Poppies will go. I can't see neither of Mary or Marie interested in wearing it.
But who knows....... ;)

Hasn't it been said that the floral tiara is a loan to Marie, because of the Alexandrine tiara leaving the family after Joachim and Alexandra's divorce? I think it's a lifetime loan that will be returned to the main line after Marie's death or a divorce from Joachim. So eventually F&M and their descendants will have that tiara as well.

Nikolai, Felix, and Athena will have very few tiara events as they grow older. I could see Nikolai and Felix's wives and Athena being loaned a tiara when the need arises, but I doubt they'll receive anything from the current collection on a permanent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom