Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the diamond tiara of Queen Maud either. That's why I wrote that she might wear it at 20 or 21, but it could be later still. But of course I'd like to see it before that. The daisy bandeau would be a good starter for Ingrid Alexandra, BUT it is Mette-Marit's favourite. I somehow can't see her giving it up. Btw, isn't it a pity, that all the King's granddaughters are still under age?

What's the next tiara event? Is it the much awaited Belgium - Netherlands visit? Or is there another event before that?

I don't see the diamond tiara of Queen Maud either. That's why I wrote that she might wear it at 20 or 21, but it could be later still. But of course I'd like to see it before that. The daisy bandeau would be a good starter for Ingrid Alexandra, BUT it is Mette-Marit's favourite. I somehow can't see her giving it up. Btw, isn't it a pity, that all the King's granddaughters are still under age?

What's the next tiara event? Is it the much awaited Belgium - Netherlands visit? Or is there another event before that?

Queen Máxima wore a tiara actually today! The Royal Couple is visiting New Zealand and the state banquet was the reason for the tiara. It was black tie but since Máxima is our girl she wore Queen Emma's diamond tiara with some stunning diamond earrings and a brooch (and a megawatt smile). Not every queen would do that for a black tie dinner. :flowers:

Don't think there asnother tiara Event before the belgian-dutch State Visit at the End of this month. I look forward to it and hope the dutch Court is not so sttrict with the covergage and allows more the usual posed group-pic.
Perhaps the diplimatic reception in the UK is before but no date is known. But as we don#t get much and good pics it is not as important for me.
As for King Harald's gradnddaughter. I don't think Märtha's daughter will wear a tiara often. probably tzhe only time at ther Wedding Day if at all. The daughters and daughter-in-laws of Princess Astrid and Princess Ragnhild didn't wear tiaras at their Weddings.

I hope King Harald's 80th Birthday will give us something to talk about. I agree, King Carl Gustaf's 70th Birthday was a bit disappointing, even if we saw tiaras. I hope Norway will provide us with a proper gala and maybe some surprises, but at least a good turnout from the Royal houses.

Queen Letizia and King Felipe will pay a state visit to Portugal from November 28th-30th. In the past Royals like Silvia, Sonja and Maria Teresa wore a Tiara in Portugal, BUT Queen Sofia usually wore no Tiara during a State Visit to Republics.. Its also unknown how the new President handle state visits, so we dont know its a gala with cocktail dresses or long dresses..
If Queen Letizia wears a Tiara I guess its the Prussian or her own "Fleur de Lys".
What do you think, Any Chance to see Letizia in a Tiara?
BTW. this is my first post on "the royal forums"

If Letizia does wear a tiara, I think she will wear the Floral tiara. Though it is my wish to see her wear the Cartier pearl tiara, the Loop tiara, or the large Fleur de Lys tiara.

As Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson sadly will be absent from the Nobel Festivities this year due to her illness and the treatments she is undergoing at the moment, it opens up for someone else using the 6-button tiara. I really hope it stays in the vault but i don't think it will. Victoria loves it very much. Anyone except the Queen are candidates for wearing it (yes even Sofia should be considered now, she is married to Carl Philip and thus one step above Madeleine who has worn both the button tiaras).

As both Harald and Sonja are turning 80 next year i expect some sort of joint celebration. If it include tiaras and if i got to wish i would wish to see Queen Sonja wear Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara, Crown Princess Mette Marit borrowing Princess Astrids Vasa Tiara, Princess Märtha-Louise borrowing the smaller version of Queen Maud's Pearl (Replica) Tiara and Princess Astrid in the Turqoise Circlet Tiara or even better her Radio Antennas ;)

[...] I look forward to it and hope the dutch Court is not so sttrict with the covergage and allows more the usual posed group-pic. [...]

Under King Willem-Alexander the audiovisual media has more accessibility. The banquets for the King and Queen of Sweden (Official Visit), for the President of China (State Visit), for the Prince of Monaco (Official Visit) and even the one for heads-of-state at the World Nuclear Summit in The Hague were closely covered, including the passage (greeting before the banquet).

Under Queen Beatrix we never saw this sort of snapshot of relaxed unspied feeling royals: picture or being allowed to take pictures almost on skin-reaching distance of a royal: picture or picture.

We may be sure that the audiovisual media will be allowed to take fabulous pictures from Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam...

Last edited:
If Letizia does wear a tiara, I think she will wear the Floral tiara. Though it is my wish to see her wear the Cartier pearl tiara, the Loop tiara, or the large Fleur de Lys tiara.

I also would like to see the three tiaras at her But guess Letizia wears the bigger Tiaras just for State Visit to other monarchs, like UK or Japan..

It is very likely that Queen Letizia will follow Queen Sofia's example and don#t start to wear tiaras at State Visits to Republics. Pity. Queen mathilde show does not all does have the same way then her predecessor.
She could at last wear some other nice jewels like a necklace or so. I also find it a pity that for Events like the National Day or the recent Opening of the Cortes she doesn't wear some of the Family Jewels like a pearl necklace or a broosh.

Last edited:
[....]
She could at last wear some other nice jewels like a necklace or so. I also find it a pity that for Events like the National Day or the recent Opening of the Cortes she doesn't wear some of the Family Jewels like a pearl necklace or a broosh.

Amen to that. I am sick with her two-hundred-seventy-second similar interchangeable type skin-tight dress and nothing else. Letizia seems not understand that the most simple black dress imagineable can look totally different by wearing a pearl collier or a nice heirloom brooch. The Queen of one of the world's grandest monarchies manages it to be outpowered by any regular First Lady.

:sad:

need to mention that from what we saw queen sofia wore in crown prince leka's wedding she still have pieces from thejoyas de pasar like the big pearl necklace and the diamond fleur de lis brooch .

As Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson sadly will be absent from the Nobel Festivities this year due to her illness and the treatments she is undergoing at the moment, it opens up for someone else using the 6-button tiara. I really hope it stays in the vault but i don't think it will. Victoria loves it very much. Anyone except the Queen are candidates for wearing it (yes even Sofia should be considered now, she is married to Carl Philip and thus one step above Madeleine who has worn both the button tiaras).

I wouldn't really say that Victoria loves the 6-button very much. she's worn it maybe 5 or 6 times? Compared to the 20 something times for the 4-Button. She's obviously worn the 6-Button more than Silvia or Madeleine, but I still wouldn't say it's a favorite of hers.

That being said, I think Sofia should wear it. Anything but her own tiara again. And hopefully she's spent the last year looking for a hair stylist who can properly place a tiara.

I though that Princess Sofia has worn her diadem as it should be: proudly upright and without visible base. So I am confused that you seem to suggest that her diadems are not correctly placed?

I though that Princess Sofia has worn her diadem as it should be: proudly upright and without visible base. So I am confused that you seem to suggest that her diadems are not correctly placed?

Every single time she's worn her tiara, it's been placed in a wonky fashion. It doesn't look good. It makes it look as if the tiara was thrown on in the last minute. And usually, her hair style doesn't help. I don't think wearing her hair down benefits the base of this tiara.

Either she needs better hairstyles or a new base. But she certainly needs someone to place her tiara correctly on her head.

It seems that Sofia's tiara does draw negative comments. Personally I really like the tiara and never see it as wrongly placed. It is a smaller piece but I think the bigger designs would overpower her small features.imho

I think a lot of people would prefer is Sofia wore the tiara with her hair styled up in someway rather than just left down.

But at her outings Sofia wore the diadem in a classic hairsplit with chignon. Almost a ballerina. Really, Sofia is the last to criticize how she wears jewels, in my opinion.

But at her outings Sofia wore the diadem in a classic hairsplit with chignon. Almost a ballerina. Really, Sofia is the last to criticize how she wears jewels, in my opinion.

No, she only did that twice. Twice, she had her hair left down. Sometimes, her hair parts are far too severe and make her & the tiara placement look bad.

In my opinion, she's one of the ones to criticize the most when it comes to her tiara wearing, especially when compared to the other Swedish ladies who rarely step wrong when it comes to tiaras. I'd really compare Sofia & MM, because they are both getting it wrong. MM in the last 4-5 years has missed the mark with her tiara wearing, especially the hair styles.

In my opinion, she's one of the ones to criticize the most when it comes to her tiara wearing, especially when compared to the other Swedish ladies who rarely step wrong when it comes to tiaras. I'd really compare Sofia & MM, because they are both getting it wrong. MM in the last 4-5 years has missed the mark with her tiara wearing, especially the hair styles.

Apparently she insists on her own haisrtylist (an friend i believe) insteed of using the one the Queen and her sister-in-laws use and who knows how to place the diadems properly. I think it only need to be placed a bit different perhaps a little bit back.
In the case of Mette-Marit the Problem is that she places her tiaras always very much back and specially the diamond bandeau then becomes almost unnoticeabel as it uses the blend in with her hair. I always thought it would look much better on dark hair.

Last edited:
I am amazed about the criticism on Princess Sofia. I have seen bad diadem placements. I have seen poor hairdoes. I have never filed Princess Sofia in that category.

Princess Sofia on her wedding day

Princess Sofia at the Nobel Prize 2015

And indeed: one with hanging hair (but not distracting in my opinion)

Princess Sofia's official portrait

It isn't really bad. But somehow the diadem is placed strange andit lookd akwardly and not as good and elegant as we are are used too see on the other swedish royal laides.

Apparently she insists on her own haistylist (an frienjd i believe) insteed of using the one the Queen and her sister-in-laws use and who knows how to place the diadems properly. I think it only need to be placed a bit different perhaps a little bit back.
In the case of Mette-Marit the Problem is that she places her tiaras always very much back and specially the diamond bandeau then becomes almost unnoticeabel as it uses the blend in with her hair. I always thought it would look much better on dark hair.

Interesting. I didn't know that about her friend. Vickan needs to take one or both of them aside and explain how tiara wearing needs to look. When you can look at all 4 events and see a crooked tiara, something needs to be changed. Everyone has a bad night every once in a while (just think Maxima in Japan), but there's no excuse for every event to be a misstep.

I agree about MM. She's placing the bandeau way too far back. I wonder if it bothers her head? I know she's had neck problems, so I wonder if the tiaras are causing her issue?

As for Sofia, I'm not going to keep repeating myself Duc. If you think she's above reproach, fine. But I don't. I posted photos that clearly show her tiaras are crooked. The tiara could really benefit from a style like Marie of Denmark has been known to wear, even if only to switch it up. I'd like to see more of the hair from her wedding and less of this loose hair she's done in the three events since then.

And this is the last I'm going to say about it because I'm just repeating myself.

Sofia's hairdos are done by celebrity hairdresser Marwan "Marre" Hitti, Sofia's friend whom she got to know when they were at TV-soap opera Paradise Hotel together in 2005. Queen Silvia's and the royal court's hairdressers are Peter Hägelstam and Johan Hellström. Victoria uses often hair stylist Peter Andersson, who started to do Victoria's hairdos before her wedding and made her wedding hairdo.

Last edited:
I'm working on new tiara posts and I noticed that it appears no one has worn Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara since Victoria did in 2013. I'd love to see Sofia try it, particularly if she wears it like Madeleine did in 2012. Or, I'd love to see Madeleine wear it again.

For the Nobel, this is what I'd love to see:
Silvia: Cameo
Victoria: Lilian's Laurel Wreath
Madeleine: Connaught
Sofia: Amethyst

What I expect:
Silvia: Sapphire
Victoria: Baden
Madeleine: Modern Fringe
Sofia: Emerald

I'd take either of the Cut Steels, if only so we get a little bit of variety this year from the normal showings.

Imagine if they would all wear something they haven't worn before.

For example

The Queen : Princess Lilians Tiara

The Crown Princess : Connaught Ruby Tiara

Princess Sofia : Amethyst Tiara

Princess Madeleine : Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara

It won't happen (maybe PS will do the amethyst but QS, CPV and PM won't wear those tiaras) but admit it would have been interesting ;)

For example

It won't happen (maybe PS will do the amethyst but QS, CPV and PM won't wear those tiaras) but admit it would have been interesting ;)

Isn't there also supposedly one or two tiaras hiding in the royal family too? Maybe we'll get to see one of those, lol.

Would love to see Madeleine try either of the Cut Steel tiaras. I bet she could do something lovely with her hair for either one.

Isn't there also supposedly one or two tiaras hiding in the royal family too? Maybe we'll get to see one of those, lol.

There is always rumours about "dissapeared" jewels hiding in that mysterious vault deep below the Royal Palace :p

They have showed us on a few occassions that the rumours might not be totally wrong. For example when Victoria showed up in the small Cut Steel tiara in Luxembourg, not seen before that and when Silvia recently wore the large baden brooch in Germany, not seen since the days on Queen Victoria.

For example

Princess Lilian's is not likely to be seen on anyone but Victoria. Unlike most of he tiaras, it is a privately owned piece (like the modern fringe sbd the kokoshnik). Madeleine has been leant both the others, possibly given the fringe by her ,mother. But it us different, for a mother or sent to pass fiend the tiara to Madeleine. I don't see Victoria lending her mother her persons. Tiara. It was a private gift to her from her beloved aunt. It would be almost like Sofia, Madeleine or Victoria sharing their starter tiaras. I don't see Victoria or Madeleine ever in Sofia wedding tiara.

Princess Lilian's is not likely to be seen on anyone but Victoria. Unlike most of he tiaras, it is a privately owned piece (like the modern fringe sbd the kokoshnik). Madeleine has been leant both the others, possibly given the fringe by her ,mother. But it us different, for a mother or sent to pass fiend the tiara to Madeleine. I don't see Victoria lending her mother her persons. Tiara. It was a private gift to her from her beloved aunt. It would be almost like Sofia, Madeleine or Victoria sharing their starter tiaras. I don't see Victoria or Madeleine ever in Sofia wedding tiara.

idk. They were all quite close to Lilian, perhaps Silvia most of all. Silvia did lend, almost exclusively, her own anniversary tiara to Madeleine, so I don't think it's completely far fetched to imagine a scenario where we might see Silvia in the Laurel Wreath Tiara. Unlikely, yes, but still possible. The Swede's aren't stingy with sharing their tiaras like some.

And didn't Lilian's will speak of two tiaras? While I can understand why Lilian left them to Victoria (she's the heir, her children will be the children of the Queen), I don't think that automatically means Vickan will never share them with her mother or Madeleine.

But, only time will tell. It is fun to imagine though :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom