Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a better photo of princess michael wearing interesting necklace and lovely earrings with her diamond and pearl tiara
ImageBam

princess lalla meryem of morocco wearing a diamond and ruby demi parure
ImageBam
crown princess katherine of serbia with her usual tiara and necklace that she been wearing lately
ImageBam
empress farah wearing a what seems to be a gold and diamond demi parure
ImageBam

Can anyone guess who is this lady wearing this rather big tiara?

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

No idea. She looks like the Dowager Marchioness of Mariño née Princess Norberta von und zu Liechtenstein: picture.

She is the stepmother of Doña Isabel Sartorius y Zorraquín, the long-rumoured girlfriend of Don Felipe de Borbón before Letizia came on the scene. Isabel was born in her late husband's first marriage.

No idea. She looks like the Dowager Marchioness of Mariño née Princess Norberta von und zu Liechtenstein: picture.

She is the stepmother of Doña Isabel Sartorius y Zorraquín, the long-rumoured girlfriend of Don Felipe de Borbón before Letizia came on the scene. Isabel was born in her late husband's first marriage.

Well,it looks like she could be, but I haven't seen her on guest list. :(

I really hope Elia doesn't wear a ugly goat-head tiara tomorrow. I am not saying that I think the goat-heads are ugly, just that the setup of Queen Geraldine's was not the best.

Minus the goats head the rest of the tiara is very pretty and would have made a very lovely wedding tiara for the new Princess.

The aquamarine tiara is clearly inspired by the famous pearl kokoshnik, but it's not the same. And not quite as elegant and balanced in it's design, imho. But the GD is faithful to the kokoshnik design, which obviously typically Russian. Even her hat/hair piece at the day event was very much inspired by the kokoshnik style.

The Belgian royals will visit Denmark in early 2017. I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Mary will wear the Ruby tiara. Though I hope she will wear her new tiara.

The Belgian royals will visit Denmark in early 2017. I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Mary will wear the Ruby tiara. Though I hope she will wear her new tiara.

I don't think Mary will wear her Ruby Tiara. She's never worn it for a State Visit. Thus far, she's always worn her wedding tiara for State Visits. I would think she'll wear her new tiara.

I think that Mathilde will wear the full version of the nine provinces tiara. Or at least i hope so.;) For Mary I also think that she'll wear her new tiara. Margrethe might take out the emeralds again, that would be a treat, imo. Marie her wedding tiara. And I hope that Benedikte will be present as well, my guess it the fringe tiara. I'm already looking forward to this SV!

That will be an interesting State Visit. If Mathilde has the spanish Wedding gift tiara she should wear it there with the aquamarines and the aquamarine necklace of Queen Fabiola with the 5 or seven aquamarin drops.
As for the danish Royal ladies i don't think Margrethe will wear the emeralds as she has worn it seldom for State Visits and if only for very important. I would like to see her in the floral wreath tiara again. As for Mary the rubies would be perfect as the would match the Order of Leopold which she will probably get but i don't think she will wear it.

Last edited:
My predictions

Belgium - Denmark State Visit 2017

Mathilde : Nine Priovinces Tiara (full version)

Margrethe : The Pearls

Mary : Wedding Tiara

Marie : Wedding Tiara

Benedikte : Star and Pearl Tiara (once belonged to Princess Ingeborg of Sweden, born Princess of Denmark who is paternal grandmother to the Belgian King)

Danish Nytårskur on 1 January

Margrethe : The Pearls or maybe the Naasut Tiara

Mary : The Rubies

Marie : Wedding Tiara

Last edited:
My predictions for the Nobel Prize ceremony and banquet in Stockholm on 10:th December

Silvia : In recent years she has alternated between the Sapphire tiara and the Nine prong tiara. If she follows that it should be the Sapphires this year.

Victoria : Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara or maybe Princess Lilians Tiara for the first time on Nobel.

Sofia : Would be fun to see her wear something new for her. The Amethyst Parure would work very well with her dark hair. But I expect her own Emerald and Diamond Wedding Tiara.

Madeleine (if she's attending) : Modern Fringe Tiara

Christina (if she's attending) : 6 button tiara

Last edited:
Are there any incoming State Visits to the UK planned this autumn/winter as we generally see more tiaras at the British ones.

Are there any incoming State Visits to the UK planned this autumn/winter as we generally see more tiaras at the British ones.

Yes there will be an incoming State visit from Colombia in November. Let's hope we weill get to see some good pics from the State Banquet but suaually we only get a good one from the Queen and the visiting Preseident. And if we are lucky fom some of the others in their cars.

As for the upcoming Belgian visit to Holland, I predict Mathilde will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara and Maxima in the Wurtemburg pearl tiara.

The Norwegian Royal Family will host the traditional dinner for the Parliament on 27 October, Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid will attend. I guess it will be business as usual when it comes to the tiaras.

Nice, that the date for this annual event is now out. I agree, it will be business as usual, with the daisy bandeau for Mette-Marit. The Queen might wear any of her other tiaras, but I hope for the diamond tiara, it's my favourite.

For the Nobels I have a couple of wishes:
- as few button tiaras as possible!
- a first time appearance of Sofia with something other than her wedding tiara
- two different tiaras for each royal lady
- something other than the standard Leuchtenberg or 9-prongs for the Queen
- the amethyst tiara being worn by one lady
- one or two Countesses Bernadotte

I wonder if they they will add a couple of brooches to their hairstyles as well. That seems to have become something like the Nobel standard and usually looks gorgeous.

I also think that the Stortinget Gala will be business as usuual.
So :
Metzte-Marit the bandeau tiara
Sonja. I hope she will be using the diamond tiara as this one was not used much recently
Astrid: probably one of her wing tiaras

As for the Nobels
I agree that Queen Silivia's patern of alternating between the nine pronge tiara and the Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure needs to be broken and she should again wear something different like she has done earlier when she also wore the Cameo Parure and the Connaught tiara sometimes for the Nobels. But she has used the Connaught tiara already a few times this year so i hope she will finally wear the Cameo Parure again for Nobel or the ruby tiara for the first time.
As for the other ladies i also hope that Madeleine and Sofia don't wear for both Events the emerlad Wedding tiara and the modern fringe tiara

I really hope the 4 button tiara will stay in the vault. Was so dissapointed when Victoria paired it with the fantastic Bernadotte emeralds a couple of years ago. It would have looked much better with the Baden Fringe Tiara or most of all with Connaught Diamond Tiara, a combination her paternal grandmother Princess Sibylla wore to almost every tiara occassion she attended. I think it looked really good.

As for the 6 button tiara, i think it depends on if Princess Christina will attend or not. As we all know by now, she is suffering from chronic blood cancer and is undergoing treatments right now so it probably depends on how she feels. She seems to love the 6 button tiara very much and to be honest, she is the only one since Princess Lilian died who can wear that tiara with success.

I would LOVE to see Queen Silvia in the Cameo Parure again :) She also wore the Amethyst Parure once, in 1986 i belive.

If Sofia will wear a for her new tiara it will likely be on the 10:th and her wedding tiara on 11:th. I think the Amethyst tiara or Princess Margaretha'a Aquamarine kokoshnik wich the Royal family seems to be allowed to use would look lovely in her dark hair.

There will likely be atleast one Countess Bernadotte there as Countess Bettina and her brother Count Björn seems to be there every year. I think it would be nice to see all of the "Mainau Siblings" Bettina, Björn, Christian, Catherina and Diana present :)

There will likely be atleast one Countess Bernadotte there as Countess Bettina and her brother Count Björn seems to be there every year. I think it would be nice to see all of the "Mainau Siblings" Bettina, Björn, Christian, Catherina and Diana present :)

Count Björn Bernadotte doesn't nowadays usually attend at the Nobel Prize events, I remember seeing him for the last time in 2009. Countess Bettina Bernadotte and her husband Philipp Haug attend nowadays every year, because Bettina has been since 2008 the president of the Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and member of the Board of the Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, and the Nobel Foundation invites her because of that.
Countess Marianne Bernadotte attended in 2012.

Countess Bettina usually attended the Nobel events, but last year she wore tiaras at both nights in Stockholm, and that was a novelty. In previous years she didn't wear tiaras. I hope that she keeps wearing them!

Also, last year's Nobel Awards were attended by Countess Madeleine, which was a welcome surprise. She wore the von Rosen tiara on the 10th.

I wholly agree about the Queen. It's high time that the alternation between the prongs and the Leuchtenberg stops. For how long have we been hoping that she'll wear the cameo parure again? Or break in the ruby tiara as a Nobel tiara? Btw, last year she wore the 9-prongs on the 10th, so this year it should be the sapphire tiara.

Last year, both Victoria and Madeleine wore two different tiaras on both night, so I hope that this year Sofia will join the club. It would be lovely to see the aquamarine kokoshnik again, I'd like to find out if it is meant for Madeleine, or if they intent to share it between the siblings.

I hope the aquamarine kokoshnik-style diadem is added to the Bernadotte Foundation and not given in personal ownership.

Last edited:
What does the aquamarine kokoshnik look like, I can't remember seeing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom