Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....Tomorrow the 4 day swedish state visit to Germany begins. I am still hoping that Silvia surprises us and has the complete Cameo Parure somewhere in her bags !!!

If not, the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Princess Lilian would be nice. Maybe paired with the Baden Fringe Tiara to honour her german roots.

But the usual Nine Prong Tiara or Connaught Diamond Tiara is more likely option.

If she wears a tiara at all. To the black tie dinner during the state visit in France, she did not and wore parts of the Cameo Parure without the tiara.

I hope Silvia will wear a tiara tomorrow. What does she usually at black tie State Banquets abroad? France was not even black tie but short gowns with daysuits for the men so it can't be compared.

So....Tomorrow the 4 day swedish state visit to Germany begins. I am still hoping that Silvia surprises us and has the complete Cameo Parure somewhere in her bags !!!

If not, the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Princess Lilian would be nice. Maybe paired with the Baden Fringe Tiara to honour her german roots.

But the usual Nine Prong Tiara or Connaught Diamond Tiara is more likely option.

If she wears a tiara at all. To the black tie dinner during the state visit in France, she did not and wore parts of the Cameo Parure without the tiara.
Even if she doesn't wear a tiara (buhu!) it might be interesting to see how she works some jewels into her hair :)

Bellevue palace is not the Elysée, fortunately in this case. Under Hollande few tiara's were seen there (only QEII IIRC) while during the last royal state visits to Germany we did get to see tiaras.

I hope Silvia will wear a tiara tomorrow. What does she usually at black tie State Banquets abroad? France was not even black tie but short gowns with daysuits for the men so it can't be compared.

Sometimes she doesn't wear a tiara at all, sometimes she does.

Here is a picture from the state visit to Australia. She wore the modern fringe tiara.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 113

She normally wears the Nine Prong or the Connaught tiara in events like that. The "bigger guns" like the Braganza, the Leuchtenberg or the Cameo tiaras are reserved for more formal occasions.

The dress code at German State Banquets is usually black tie for the gentleman and long evening gowns for the ladies. The last few royal ladies who attended such State Banquets wore tiaras, eg. QEII or the GD of Luxemburg. In France, on the other hand, the dress code nowadays is suit for the gents and short dresses for the ladies. Tiaras would look ridiculous with short dresses, don't you think?:p

So I daresay that Queen Silvia will wear a tiara. My guess is the Connaught tiara, since she seems to have stopped wearing the two fringes. Maybe she'll wear the prongs, but nothing bigger than that. Though I'd really like to see the rarely seen ruby tiara. That one is so under-used.;)

The dress code at German State Banquets is usually black tie for the gentleman and long evening gowns for the ladies. The last few royal ladies who attended such State Banquets wore tiaras, eg. QEII or the GD of Luxemburg. In France, on the other hand, the dress code nowadays is suit for the gents and short dresses for the ladies. Tiaras would look ridiculous with short dresses, don't you think?:p

So I daresay that Queen Silvia will wear a tiara. My guess is the Connaught tiara, since she seems to have stopped wearing the two fringes. Maybe she'll wear the prongs, but nothing bigger than that. Though I'd really like to see the rarely seen ruby tiara. That one is so under-used.;)

Soon we will see. I think the Pronger is to big for the occasion as it is only black tie, and she seems to rank the tiara as her third most important tiara.

However, I agree that the Ruby Tiara would be lovely to see. It is far too long time between the occasions.

Seeing how much the Queen is adored and esteemed in Germany I wouldn't be Surpirsed if they made a special exception and threw a white tie banquet in honour of their königin :) have we seen an invitation for tonight's banquet? There still might be a chance of a cameo parure sighting...otherwise if it is black tie I'd say one of the Connaught tiaras or the amethyst parure

Seeing how much the Queen is adored and esteemed in Germany I wouldn't be Surpirsed if they made a special exception and threw a white tie banquet in honour of their königin :) have we seen an invitation for tonight's banquet? There still might be a chance of a cameo parure sighting...otherwise if it is black tie I'd say one of the Connaught tiaras or the amethyst parure

Wer am Nachmittag beim großen Ordensaustausch bedacht wurde, trägt seine Auszeichnung. Freilich sind die Auszeichnungen nur mit kundigem Auge zu erkennen. Das hat mit der Kleiderordnung zu tun. An einem Frack hätten das deutsche Großkreuz und die hohen schwedische Auszeichnungen Platz. Beim Bankett im Schloss Bellevue aber ist Smoking vorgeschrieben. Also präsentieren die Geehrten die Miniaturausgaben ihrer Orden: winzige Rosetten am Revers.

Translation:
Who has been honoured during the Order exchange in the afternoon, can carry his decoration. Of course, only a seasoned expert can eye these decorations. This has to do with the dresscode. On a tailcoat the German Großkreuz and the Swedish high decorations find a place. At the banquet in Schloss Bellevue however black tie is prescribed. So the honorees will wear the miniature versions of their order: tiny rosettes in their lapels.

Last edited:
The dress code at German State Banquets is usually black tie for the gentleman and long evening gowns for the ladies. The last few royal ladies who attended such State Banquets wore tiaras, eg. QEII or the GD of Luxemburg. [.....]

Correct. See Beatrix and Máxima at Bellevue, during a black tie banquet:
picture

I expect Queen Silvia with a diadem indeed.

Glad, one of my favourite tiaras in their collection and fitting :flowers:

Oh, the Connaught! Quite important tiara, i daresay...

So The Connaught Diamond Tiara tonight. Maybe the Connaught Ruby Tiara will make an appearance tomorrow ;)

So The Connaught Diamond Tiara tonight. Maybe the Connaught Ruby Tiara will make an appearance tomorrow ;)

We could hope so, but I doubt it as the Queen was in red yesterday evening.

I'll be very surprised if we see a tiara tonight. But it would be lovely.

She took the baden fringe tiara tonight !! :) How i've waited to see her wear it again :) And what a fitting tribute to Germany to wear the "swedish german tiara" ;)

And the large baden corsage brooch too :) Has she ever worn that ?

Last edited:
I am so thrilled to see the Baden. I wasn't sure we would. It has been associated with Victoria for years, though unlike the modern fringe, the Baden has been worn by other royal ladies other than Vic in the past years. But it is so fitting to see it in Germany. And the brooch too. :flowers:

I am so thrilled to see the Baden. I wasn't sure we would. It has been associated with Victoria for years, though unlike the modern fringe, the Baden has been worn by other royal ladies other than Vic in the past years. But it is so fitting to see it in Germany. And the brooch too. :flowers:

to be fair, the Modern Fringe was a gift to Silvia, so it makes sense that she and Madeleine are the only two to wear it so far (as a tiara, we know Vickan wore it as a necklace once), whereas the Baden Fringe was for everyone, so to speak. I would like to see Silvia in it again, it was 2010 the last time she wore it, iirc.

the reappearance of Queen victoria's brooch after all this years make me believe a little bit that we gonna see countess estelle bernadotte parure in the future .

Last edited:
Mmmh, so I predicted that a) the Queen wouldn't wear the Baden fringe and b) she wouldn't wear a tiara on the return banquet. Luckily she proved me wrong. :ROFLMAO::D

Next tiara events (according to my count):
2016-10-08 wedding of Prince Leka of Albania & Elia Zaharia
2016-10-10 State Visit from Singapore to Norway
2016-10-11 State Visit from Belgium to Japan

Last edited:
Mmmh, so I predicted that a) the Queen wouldn't wear the Baden fringe and b) she wouldn't wear a tiara on the return banquet. Luckily she proved me wrong. :ROFLMAO::D

2016-10-17 State Visit from Denmark to Turkey

Unfortunately we won't see any tiara in Turkey, as the Danish state visit has been canceled.

Unfortunately we won't see any tiara in Turkey, as the Danish state visit has been canceled.
:whistling: Oops, now I remember reading about that. I should have updated my notes. I'll edit my post above.

the Norwegian annual gala for the Stortinget is usually in mid to late October, so we should have that to look forward to this month.

Also, do we know for sure the wedding will be a tiara event? That'll be nice.

Last edited:
Well, at least the bride will wear a tiara, she said so in an interview. As for the gala we have to wait and see. But the invitation said 'white tie', so chances for tiaras are good.

The date for the Stortinget gala should be announced soon, I hope. So we'll hopefully see several Norwegian tiaras this month. Let's hope the CP Mette-Marit will attend both events, although I expect only some more outing of her small bandeau. I hope the the Queen will wear the diamond tiara again, it's lovely, and the pearls have been seen a lot lately. Antannae for Princess Astrid, I'd say. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom