Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ath
I too hope that mathilde will wear the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But as the imperial laides of Japan have only diamond tiaras i think Mathilde will not wear a tiara with coloured stones there.

Queen Fabiola wore the Spanish tiara though (and the Wolfers as a necklace) when she visited Japan in 1964.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhytSHgy7E

I can't tell, however, which stones she wore it with, as the movie is black and white. I also wonder if it was one of the fake stone sets or if they had already been replaced with real ones.

Queen Fabiola wore the Spanish tiara though (and the Wolfers as a necklace) when she visited Japan in 1964.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhytSHgy7E

I can't tell, however, which stones she wore it with, as the movie is black and white. I also wonder if it was one of the fake stone sets or if they had already been replaced with real ones.

Interesting thanks. But it seems that it was the return Dinner not the State Banquet. The stones in the spanish tiara look quiet dark so my guess is that it where the emeralds.

If the Belgian state visit to Holland is a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Maxima in the Rose Cut tiara.

Last edited:
If the Belgian state visit to Holland is a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Maxima in the Rose Cut tiara.
The State Baqnquet will for sure be a white tie Event. And i hope thjat Queen mathilde will wear either the full nine provinces tiara or debut the spanish Wedding gift tiara preferable in the coornet Version.
And i also hope that Queen Máxima will wear a biger tiara then the rose cute bandeau.

Queen Sonja wears her daughter's wedding tiara .

Yes, but the larger version. There are two forms for queen Maudie's tiara. The smaller version was worn by Martha Louise on her wedding and has been worn by both her and MM. The larger, with the more prominent front which is more obvious profile pic of the queen, is the form Sonja tends to use.

As for the state visit I would love to see max in the pearl tiara she wore in Japan. Beyond the sapphire, it is my favourite Dutch. I think Mathilde will wear the nine provinces, would love to see the full, but likely will simply wear the bandeau.

Last edited:
I think in november on banquet we will see Queen Mathilde in Nine Provinces Tiara or Spanish Gift Tiara and Queen Màxima in Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara or Antique Pearl Tiara. I dream, one day she will wear Stuart Tiara ;)

Queen Mathilde wore definitely the full Nine Provinces Tiara and Queen Maxima :ermm::ermm: many choices!! Must think it!

I think in november on banquet we will see Queen Mathilde in Nine Provinces Tiara or Spanish Gift Tiara and Queen Màxima in Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara or Antique Pearl Tiara. I dream, one day she will wear Stuart Tiara ;)

I think you are right about Max, she may not wear a very big tiara and may choose something like the antique Pearl which is lovely.

That said, if I am not mistaken, this is the first incoming state visit from a monarchy that the King and Queen are hosting. Other monarchs, including the Swedes and Albert of Monaco have visited on the current reign, but none has been a state visit. This may mean that Max could choose to go big, perhaps with the large pearl tiara, or one of the ruby options.

I would like to see something new on Queen Máxima:

- the Mellerio Ruby Parure in full setting, meaning with the corsage de devant (picture)

- the Peacock-motif Parure in full setting, with the matching collier (picture)

- the Württemberg Ornate Pearl diadem in full setting, with all 11 upright pearls mounted (picture)

- (parts) of the Stuart Parure (picture)

Etc.

Queen Mathilde wore definitely the full Nine Provinces Tiara and Queen Maxima :ermm::ermm: many choices!! Must think it!

I would like Queen Mathilde to wear the Spanish gift tiara in the floral configuration with the aquamarine set given by King Baudouin to Queen Fabiola (the coronet version is too old-fashioned IMHO).

Assuming the green stones are or have been replaced by real emeralds (which is not clear), Mathilde could wear instead the Spanish tiara with the green stones and Queen Astrid's long lost emerald necklace/convertible tiara, assuming that piece still exists and is still owned by the Belgian RF (that would be actually my dream come true !).

Most likely though, Mathilde will probably wear the Nine Provinces Tiara in the full configuration with the 11 large diamonds as a crown and the Wolfers diamond convertible tiara as a necklace.

As for Maxima, she obviously has many choices available to her, but I suspect she will probably pick the full Mellerio ruby parure.

Last edited:
I am hoping that Mathilde will actually wear the coronet version of the Spanish tiara. Though it may be old-fashioned and more suited for a puffy hairdo, it would be great to see it. But indeed, the nine provinces and the Wolfers as a necklace is a more likely combination.

I think Máxima will have a surprise for us, but I do not know how big the surprise will be. The Stuart parure would be ideal but I doubt we will ever get to see it again. If we do, it will probably be during a state visit to the UK which is unlikely to happen within the next 5-10 years considering the Brexit & aftermath.

So the surprise will probably in a brooch or pendant. My guess is the Württemberg pearls with Queen Sophie's stomacher or perhaps a variation of the Stuart bow brooch. I would love to see the full parure of the Mellerio rubies too, but I doubt we will ever get to see the complete stomacher again. If they do not use it, they may consider converting it into a tiara, like Queen Ingrid did with an old stomacher that she gave to the Queen of Greece.

Last edited:
I also would love to see the coronet Version otf the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But lets hope that Queen Mathilde will wear it at all. If she wears it with the green stones she could also wear the together with the tunisian demi Parure. But i think green stones/emeralds are not so likely as the Order she will get is blue/orange.
For Queen Máxima the ruby Parure would be great as it would match the puple sash of the Order of Leopold. But i actually hope for somethign different like the württemberg diamond and pearl tiara in the full setting or of course the Stuart tiara.

Do you expect glittering State Banquets for Queen Máx in Australia and New Zealand?
They'll be there late October and early November, and surely there will be state banquets. Anybody has any experience on AUS/NZ State Banquets? What can we expect?
If Máxima wears a tiara for both banquets, which she sometimes does for black tie state banquets (Canada, Poland), she'll probably go small. I would love to see the small sapphire tiara on her again.

My ultimate hope voor the NL/Belgium State Banquet is the Stuart of course. Doubt we will see it though. Think Máx will go for the Württemberg tiara or the big sapphire tiara. Mathilde will probably wear the Nine Provinces, although I hope she'll surprise us with Fabiola's Spanish tiara.

Because we have not seen pieces for so long, doubt is crippling in me about the existence of jewels, but then suddenly Máxima appears with the long not seen monture of the festoon collier (picture), with the long not seen diadem from the Peacock ruby parure (picture), with the long not seen second monture of the grand Sapphire diadem (picture), with two long not seen diamond bow brooches (picture and picture), with long not seen huge central diamond of Queen Emma's diamond stomacher (picture), with the long not seen diamond bows of the Stuart Parure (in a smaller version, picture), with the long not seen diamond haircomb (picture).

From all these pieces, exactly the by far most valuable, most historic and oldest jewels would have gone lost? The parure with the House diamonds? And never it has ever popped up in any auction catalogue for the past 45 years (since the last appearance). It simply must be in the collection and indeed I hope the Queen will surprise us once. Also experts have not stated that these pieces are lost or something. It remains a mystery because the huge Stuart Diadem can be worn in a smaller settings. Anyway, we will see...

Last edited:
:previous:
I am sooooo hoping for the Stuart Parure!
Bye Bine

Last time C-G and Silvia did a state visit to Germany (1979) she wore the Cameo Parure to the state visit dinner :) I strongly hope she does it again next month :)

Last time C-G and Silvia did a state visit to Germany (1979) she wore the Cameo Parure to the state visit dinner :) I strongly hope she does it again next month :)

Not for the State Dinner. Then she wore tne nine pronge tiara. But there where more white tie Events then. I don't expect her to wear the Cameo Pasrure or the Leuchtgenberg sapphires. The dresscode for State Banquets is now black tie.
My guess is the Connaught tiara.

Not for the State Dinner. Then she wore tne nine pronge tiara. But there where more white tie Events then. I don't expect her to wear the Cameo Pasrure or the Leuchtgenberg sapphires. The dresscode for State Banquets is now black tie.
My guess is the Connaught tiara.

My mistake. I forgot that they had more white tie occassions then (return dinners etc).

I still hope to see her wear the full Cameo Parure even though i also expect the usual business (nine prong or connaught diamond) if she wears a tiara at all. The Cameo would be a nice nod to her wedding in her birthcountry :)

Hoping to be surprised ! :)

Last edited:
I think that the cameo parure is considered too grand for a black tie dinner. So I'm expecting something smaller, like the Connaught tiara. The ruby tiara would be a nice change, but that's probably not realistic.

High on my wish list for the Belgium - Netherlands visit are of course the coronet setting of the Spanish gift tiara and the Stuart tiara. What a spectacular sight that would be! But I think the the 9-provinces tiara and the Württemberg pearl tiara are more realistic. Maybe the latter will once again be worn with all the pearl spikes in place?

I would also love to see Princess Laurentien wearing another tiara for the first time. Maybe the small sapphire tiara? It would look great on her.

That would be nice indeed, the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting with all the eleven. It would he HUGE on Queen Máxima's hairdo, but the same can be said about the Sapphire Diadem in Copenhagen and it did fit her wonderfully...

On Queen Máxima you can see the whole diadem, including the bottom pearls, see picture: http://www.royaltiaras.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/wurttemberg1.jpg Especially that picture on top shows how fabulous that diadem is. Wonderful.

Last edited:
Now, that is interesting news. So far the couple has been very active in terms of photo shoots, interviews, PR... I guess that they will allow press coverage on their wedding, at least to a certain extent. It will be interesting to see, which other royals and nobles will attend the wedding. We might see some interesting and rarely seen jewels.

I would like to see something new on Queen Máxima:

- the Mellerio Ruby Parure in full setting, meaning with the corsage de devant (picture)

- the Peacock-motif Parure in full setting, with the matching collier (picture)

- the Württemberg Ornate Pearl diadem in full setting, with all 11 upright pearls mounted (picture)

- (parts) of the Stuart Parure (picture)

Etc.

I wonder if Máxima will be wary of going too big and overshadowing Mathilde (her guest). I suspect she will hold back a little bit.

Prince Leka said Princess lea of Belgium will be among the Guests.
The Princess was never seen with a tiara.

Prince Leka said Princess lea of Belgium will be among the Guests.
The Princess was never seen with a tiara.

Maybe she has some of Queen Astrid's lost jewels like the emerald necklace/ convertible tiara last seen on Princess Lilian.

So....Tomorrow the 4 day swedish state visit to Germany begins. I am still hoping that Silvia surprises us and has the complete Cameo Parure somewhere in her bags !!!

If not, the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Princess Lilian would be nice. Maybe paired with the Baden Fringe Tiara to honour her german roots.

But the usual Nine Prong Tiara or Connaught Diamond Tiara is more likely option.

If she wears a tiara at all. To the black tie dinner during the state visit in France, she did not and wore parts of the Cameo Parure without the tiara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom