Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's unlikely that Victoria's 40th birthday party will see any tiaras. But we might spot a lot of nice smaller jewels. What about King Olav's 80th Birthday next year, shouldn't that be celebrated with tiaras?

Nothing is known about King Harald's 80th birthday, what I know, but I think it is likely the birthday is celebrated in about the same way as his 70th birthday.

Any incoming UK State Visits planned for the Autumn/Winter,we generally see more royal gems at the British State visit galas.

Any incoming UK State Visits planned for the Autumn/Winter,we generally see more royal gems at the British State visit galas.

The President of Colombia will pay a State Visit to the Uk in autumn.
OPgther State visits who have been announced
King arald V. and Queen Sonja will paya a State Visit to Finnland
i guess there will be some nice Jewels worn by the Queen as the State Banquets there are white tie
and the swedish state Visit to Germany.
Unfortunately i uess that Queen Silvia will not wear a full parure but i hope that she brings one of her smaller tiaras. the baden fringe tiara would be nice as it has a connection another with a connection would be the leuchtenberg sapphjre tiara but i doubt that i will be used for a black tie banquet.

At at the SV to Germany in 1979, Queen Silvia wore the Cameo parure, and that one doesn't have a connection with Germany. I doubt that she will repeat it, since the State Banquets in Germany are now black tie. The Baden fringe is a nice idea, though I think that she leave that one now completely to Victoria. Afaik, she hasn't worn it since the SV to Russia in 2001. So my guess is the Connaught tiara.

There are always the Nobels to count on. I'm particularly interested to see if Sofia will borrow a family tiara for the first time. And I hope that Princess Christina will not wear the six-buttons tiara again, it's over-used.:eek:

Hopefully Spain will have some sort of Government formed and there will be a Spanish State Visit before the end of 2016.

At at the SV to Germany in 1979, Queen Silvia wore the Cameo parure, and that one doesn't have a connection with Germany. I doubt that she will repeat it, since the State Banquets in Germany are now black tie. The Baden fringe is a nice idea, though I think that she leave that one now completely to Victoria. Afaik, she hasn't worn it since the SV to Russia in 2001. So my guess is the Connaught tiara.

For the State Banquet at Augsutusburg Castle she wore the nine pronge tiara. But there where several white tie Events in 1979 i believe one of them in Munich at the Opera. The State Visit then also lasted for more then the usual 3 days (4 for the coming). That where the good old times. I only thought a tiara coming from Germany would be nice to wear at a State Visit to Germany.

Hopefully Spain will have some sort of Government formed and there will be a Spanish State Visit before the end of 2016.
That would be great, but I somehow doubt that would come to pass. Even if the government is formed soon, they probably will need longer than a few months to organize the visit. I'm rooting for spring 2017. But I really, really hope that Queen Letizia will wear one of the bigger tiaras for the first time.
For the State Banquet at Augsutusburg Castle she wore the nine pronge tiara. But there where several white tie Events in 1979 i believe one of them in Munich at the Opera. The State Visit then also lasted for more then the usual 3 days (4 for the coming). That where the good old times. I only thought a tiara coming from Germany would be nice to wear at a State Visit to Germany.
Thanks, Stefan. Unfortunately the days are gone where we could expect several tiara events for one visit. The 9 prongs tiara seems to be a firm favourite of the Queen, so that's also a possible choice. I'm really excited that they are visiting Germany again!

For the German state visit, I think Silvia will wear the Connaught tiara.

If it is black tie, is it likely she will wear one:ermm: I thought only white tie. Or do the older royal ladies wear to both???

I think if she does, smaller like the Connaught is most likely. Baden fringe mainly is worn by Vic now. Her aunts wore it to Madeleine and CP's weddings, but for it was meant as the crown princess tiara.

does anybody knows if Prince Nikolai of Denmark 18th birthday next year gonna be a white tie event like his father and uncle or not ?!

:previous:
I would be surprised. Nikolai is "just" the Number 7 in the line of succession. There is also a chance he will organize casual birthday party with family and friends: just jeans and sneakers and a lot of fun.

Royal Musings: Prince Ernst August of Hannover is engaged!
would it be a white tie event with guests wearing tiaras or just the bride ? and if so is there is a wedding tiara in hanover ? is she gonna wear the hanoverian nuptial crown ? would princess caroline attend after her separation from his father and the fact that prince ernst august mother is definitely going to attend her son's wedding ?!

I don't think we will see tiaras except on the bride. Its a private wedding, like Amedeo or similar. I would be surprised to see any royals but family or close friends. Considering the state of her marriage I am not Caroline would attend. Its not like she helped raise the boys.Did EA (I don't think so but maybe I missed him) attend Piere, Andrea or Albert's?

As for bridal tiara I'd say no on the Brunswick. It was brought out for Caroline, don't see bride wearing one her future mother in law didn't.

There is the floral that both wives wore
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394487248581834958/

Chantal doesn't look to have worn any on her wedding
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33143747229776732/

Heinrich's wife wore an odd headband
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/31666003605982388/

The last bride to wear the bridal was Alexandra in 1981
Royal Musings: Hanover brides and the bridal crown

Ludwig's wife Isabella wore a tiara which seems to belong to her family. Isabella's father was a branch of the Della torre family of Milan, her mother a Princess von Ausberg. Their son was raised at her father's estate after Isaabella died of an over dose and Ludwig shot himself in 1988. Ludwig asked EA to raise his son but his grandparents got custody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJkHPjpzbA
Isabelle Countess de Thurn Valsassina Como Vecelli Princess of Hanover (1962 - 1988) - Find A Grave Memorial

Cant find pics of Marie and Michael's wedding.

I think that the headband of Prince Heinrich's bride was a diamond choker I have seen on Princess Thyra of Hanover, nee Princess of Denmark.

The clover tiara worn by Prince Ludwig's bride looks suspiciously like a tiara worn previously by Princess Olga, youngest and unmarried daughter of the Duke of Cumberland and Thyra of Denmark.

I guess that she will chose between the floral and the Brunswick tiara. After all, she is getting married to the heir. Imo Princess Caroline having worn them once doesn't make a difference at all. I'm quite looking forward to that wedding, but we'll still have to wait for quite a while.

Don't forget the Hannover Crown worn by Princess Ortrud.
Queen Frederica wore two tiaras at her Wedding day . She had to give back the small Hannover Crown after the wedding

i remember reading somewhere a part of the late dowager duchess of devonshire book "All in One Basket " that She recalled attending a dance given by The Queen at Windsor Castle where she came down to dinner wearing the Devonshire tiara , to find she was the only person wearing one. Embarrassed for being overdressed, she sat through the meal wishing she was anywhere else. When the dancing began, she took it off, put it under a chair and enjoyed herself enormously. She said,

‘I suppose Windsor Castle is the only house where you could be sure of finding the blessed thing still there at bedtime.’

my question is does the queen still hold private white tie events with no cameras or this days are long over ?

Last edited:
:previous: I don't believe so. She certainly hosts private dinner, but beyond state visits and the diplomatic dinner, not likely white tie.

Back in her grandparents and parents days, early days of hers, things were more formal. Even into the early 80's we saw more tiaras. Diana wore to things like the ballet. Its become far more casual, with mainly state banquets, weddings, opening of parliament and the diplomatic dinner.

it's been finally announced , The Belgian King & Queen will pay a State Visit to Japan from 9 - 15 October 2016.
13906906_10153627789362161_7980800190284570604_n.png

Is it before or after their State Visit to the Netherlands ?
We don't know because the date for the State Visit to the Netherlands has not been announced.
My guess is that Mathilde will wear in Japan the empire tiara in full setting and perhaps the wolfers tiara as necklace with it. Hope that Masako will also attend the State Banquet and that she will wear the scroll tiara with matching necklace she wore at her wedding Day. She hasn't worn it in the last years but always the fringe like tiara.

I predict Mathilde will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara.

it's been finally announced , The Belgian King & Queen will pay a State Visit to Japan from 9 - 15 October 2016.
13906906_10153627789362161_7980800190284570604_n.png

Queen Mathilde will probably wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara, but I am still hoping she will debut Queen Fabiola's Soanish wedding gift tiara.

:previous: i was hoping the same thing but also i would be pleased if she wore the full Nine Provinces tiara with another new piece like the emeralds from queen astrid and queen fabiola and the aquamarine sets from Q fabiola collection

ath
Queen Mathilde will probably wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara, but I am still hoping she will debut Queen Fabiola's Soanish wedding gift tiara.
I too hope that mathilde will wear the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But as the imperial laides of Japan have only diamond tiaras i think Mathilde will not wear a tiara with coloured stones there.

ath
I too hope that mathilde will wear the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But as the imperial laides of Japan have only diamond tiaras i think Mathilde will not wear a tiara with coloured stones there.
I agree, it's not so likely that the Queen will wear coloured stones in Japan. If the wears the Spanish gift tiara this year, it will more likely be in the Netherlands. Let's hope that a date for that visit will be released soon.

Unfortunately there is not so much to guess when it comes to the Japanese royal ladies. The Empress does not wear tiaras anymore. CP Masako hasn't worn her wedding tiara for years, she always wears the fringe tiara to the few events she attends. Of the other ladies Princess Hitachi and Princess Takamado are the only ones who own more than one tiara, but it's not even sure that there will be pictures of them.

Tiara alert ahead! Tomorrow is the start of the Norwegian State Visit to Finland. What are your guesses for Queen Sonja's tiara?

I think that she'll wear the large version of the pearl and diamond tiara. Finland still has a white tie dress code, don't they? So I think she'll rather go for the full version and not for the small one.

Tiara alert ahead! Tomorrow is the start of the Norwegian State Visit to Finland. What are your guesses for Queen Sonja's tiara?

I think that she'll wear the large version of the pearl and diamond tiara. Finland still has a white tie dress code, don't they? So I think she'll rather go for the full version and not for the small one.

I hope that she will wear the Desirée diamond tiara. She has worn it previosuly at State Visits to Finland.

I hope that she will wear the Desirée diamond tiara. She has worn it previosuly at State Visits to Finland.

Both tiaras are good guesses and wishes, my only wish is to see something else than the Emerald Parure Tiara. As Queen Sonja wore Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara for the incoming state visit from Finland in 2012, I doubt she will wear it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom