Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChTgEaAW4AAJBFS.jpg:large
It's a tiara for Her Majesty! It's the Connaught tiara I think.

And princess Christina might be wearing a small diamond tiara after all too. Really waiting to see the other tiara's worn by family members. We'll probably see some small ones on the Swedish princesses.

Princess Anna of Bavaria is wearing a tiara as well: picture on instagram of her hairdresser: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1QGEvoowM/

Small tiara (her own one) for ML of Norway, silver dress. Very beautiful it seems.

Princess Beatrix goes big: the Wurtemberg pearl tiara (her wedding tiara)!

No tiara voor princess Mary.

Yeah guessed princess Lilian's tiara right for the Crown Princess! And for princess Madeleine the modern fringe again.

Last edited:
Some nice surprises and some dissapointements: I just wish eveyr lady wore a tiara!

Any guesses as to tiaras that might be used when Chile visits Sweden this week?

I am hoping to see the emeralds used, though I have no specific reason to believe they will be. We might see Silvia in the Pronger, and Victoria in either the Cut steel or one of the button tiaras.

I am hoping to see the emeralds used, though I have no specific reason to believe they will be. We might see Silvia in the Pronger, and Victoria in either the Cut steel or one of the button tiaras.

Very reasonable guessing, and it would be lovely to see the Emerald necklace again.

For the state visit from Chile:

Silvia: Nine Prong tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara

The nxt 2 tiara Events are coming
Today evening Statgebanquet in Belgium
i hope for Queen Mathilde the spanish Wedding gift tiara with red stones (it would then match the jordanian Order which is red) and the Wolfers tiara as necklace but probably i will be the empire tiara in full setting.
For Queen Rania i would like to see the arabic script tiara. I hope that she chooses something different then that tiny bracelet which so wears so often as tiara

And tomorrow will be the Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps in the Netherlands
Very hard to guess what will be worn but as Queen Maxima has worn of the bigger tiaras the last years i think she will do so again. For Princess Beatrix perhaps the her favourite diamond tiara and for Princess margriet the aquamarines.

There also is a tiara event right now: The state opening of parliament. But what was there to guess? It always is the state diadem and the Greville honeycomb tiara.

Jordan State Visit to Belgium: I completely agree with you. The full version of the 9-provinces tiara is most likely, but the Spanish gift tiara is what probably all of us would love to see on Mathilde. As for Rania, I'd like to see her wear the diamond tiara from the visit to Britain again. It's my favourite of her tiaras. But her favourite seems to be the small bracelet tiara, so I'm preparing myself to see that tonight.

Dutch Diplomatic Corps Reception: The Dutch have so many tiaras that guessing very difficult. But I'll anyways: Maxima - peacock ruby tiara; Beatrix - antique pearl tiara; Margriet - small sapphire tiara; and hopefully Laurentien will attend for the first time (the family have now moved back the the NL) with the emerald tiara for the first time.

Jordan State Visit to Belgium: I completely agree with you. The full version of the 9-provinces tiara is most likely, but the Spanish gift tiara is what probably all of us would love to see on Mathilde. As for Rania, I'd like to see her wear the diamond tiara from the visit to Britain again. It's my favourite of her tiaras. But her favourite seems to be the small bracelet tiara, so I'm preparing myself to see that tonight.

What is also interesting is that Queen Rania wore a new to her tiara at the State Visitis to the UK, to Sweden and to the Netherlands. So perhaps also some new to her tiara tonight.
As for Consztantijn and Laurentien attending the Dilpmatic rexeption it would be nice but i think that then Princess Margriet and Pieter would perhaps not attend.

What is also interesting is that Queen Rania wore a new to her tiara at the State Visitis to the UK, to Sweden and to the Netherlands. So perhaps also some new to her tiara tonight.
As for Consztantijn and Laurentien attending the Dilpmatic rexeption it would be nice but i think that then Princess Margriet and Pieter would perhaps not attend.
:D:D:D Meaning that Queen Rania might inaugurate another tiara today? I wouldn't mind. The emerald tiara from the Swedish Visit was a loan, so maybe she will do that again?

Well, I really do hope to see both Laurentien and Margriet. Princess Margriet and and Pieter are still active and healthy, I don't think/hope that they will already step down.

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien keep a very low profile. Both seem to pursue an own career and are pretty much out of the royal framework. I think the situation as present will remain for the coming 4-5 years until Princess Catharina-Amalia, the Princess of Orange, has reached the age of 18 and will start her public royal life.

Last edited:
Jordanian state visit:

Mathilde: Full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Rania: Bracelet tiara

Dutch Diplomatic Reception:

Maxima: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Beatrix: Mellerio Ruby tiara

Last edited:
:previous: Usually these visits to Faroe Island don't have white tie and tiaras. So that will be a more low key dress code.

The next tiara event I know of is the National Day Gala in Luxembourg. It would be nice to see the complete family again, like last year. But I believe that was an exception because of the Grand Duke's 60th birthday. So it's probably only the Grand Duchess and the Heriditary Gand Duchess. Guessing Luxembourg is always so difficult, because they have such a variety of tiaras. It's like playing lotto with three times as many numbers.:D

It would be great if Stephanie would surprise us a again with a first time tiara, eg. the small floral, or the emerald peacock tiara.

I'd like to see Chaumet Diamond Pearl Choker again. A surprise would be the Congo tiara simply to prove the GDF still has it. From Princess Tessy's instagram, she will attend National Day but that could mean daytime only. She and Princess Alexandra used to attend the gala (or maybe they still attend but are excluded from the official photos...)

If Alexandra attends, I hope she'll get to wear a bigger tiara. Not the small floral or another bandeau.

Last edited:
Indeed, it would be nice to see if the Congo necklace/tiara is still in the family. : flowers:

It the past it was not uncommon that the younger family members attended the day events, but not the evening gala. That's a pity, imo, because the Fete Nationale is such an important event in the Luxembourg calendar.

I doubt that this tiara is still in the family, but it would be fantastic if it would pop up again.

l guess you never know grand duchess maria teresa lately brought the turquoise tiara and Necklaces that haven't been seen before that date back to the 1830's and Hereditary Grand Duchess stephanie brought a new modern tiara in national day 2014 so i'm crossing my fingers :lucky: ;)

My guesses for Luxembourg National Day:

Maria Teresa: Emerald tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine Tiara
Claire: Adelaide tiara
Alexandra: Small Floral tiara
Tessy: Topaz tiara

Last edited:
Stephanie has worn the Adelaide tiara last year at the National Day, and she looks so gorgeous with it. But I don't think that she will repeat the same tiara this year. Stephanie seems to love trying different tiaras, while Alexandra seems to prefer her two favourites, the small floral and the topaz or citrine tiara. It would be great to see her with a third tiara, but you might be right and she will repeat the topaz tiara from last year again. I really hope that she and Claire will be present.

There are a couple of potential tiara events in 2017. King Harald's 70th birthday in February, King Willem Alexander's 50th birthday in April, and Margrethe and Henrik's 50th wedding anniversary in June. Hopefully will be see royal women wearing tiaras they have never been seen wearing, or tiaras they have not worn in a long time.

There are a couple of potential tiara events in 2017. King Harald's 70th birthday in February, King Willem Alexander's 50th birthday in April, and Margrethe and Henrik's 50th wedding anniversary in June. Hopefully will be see royal women wearing tiaras they have never been seen wearing, or tiaras they have not worn in a long time.
I've heard that Margarethe and Henriks anniversiry will just have low key private celebrations...

it's almost august and The Belgian Royal Couple two State visits in 2016: to the Netherlands and to Japan and no information had been released yet was it was just a rumour or they are going to surprise us with a announcement two or three days before it ?!

I am looking forward The State Visit from Belgium to the Netherlands !

The website of the Koninklijk Huis (Netherlands) does not mention a State Visit from Belgium in the agenda or in the news section. Note that it was King Filip himself whom told (in July 2015) about plans to visit the Netherlands "the next year" but so far there has not been any official confirmation. Neither from the Belgian Government nor from the Dutch Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency).

The website of the Koninklijk Huis (Netherlands) does not mention a State Visit from Belgium in the agenda or in the news section. Note that it was King Filip himself whom told (in July 2015) about plans to visit the Netherlands "the next year" but so far there has not been any official confirmation. Neither from the Belgian Government nor from the Dutch Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency).

I think it ws mentioned that the belgian state Visit to the Netherlands would take place in autumn. The 2 recent incoming State visits to Belgium (Germany and Jordan) whre borth only announced 2 or 3 weeks in adavance.

The period is quite short.

On the website of the Royal House (Netherlands) has been announced that the President of Mexico would bring a State Visit. The announcement was done on 15 March 2016. The State Visit was scheduled for 30 May - 1 June 2016.

On 16 July 2012 has been announced that the President of Slovakia would bring a State Visit. The visit took place on from 20 - 22 November 2012.

Last edited:

I'm hoping for that Crown Princess Victoria will have a big celebration for her 40th birthday in July 2017. Despite my wishes I don't think we'll see any tiaras however.

I've heard that Margarethe and Henriks anniversiry will just have low key private celebrations...

Yes it was announced in a Press release by the Court that the Anniversary will be celebrated privately.

I agree, it's unlikely that Victoria's 40th birthday party will see any tiaras. But we might spot a lot of nice smaller jewels. What about King Olav's 80th Birthday next year, shouldn't that be celebrated with tiaras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom