Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that it's very probable that Victoria will wear the cut steel one because of the weight. I also agree on Sofias emerald (I think that was what you meant to say ;P)
Madeleine, probably her usual modern. Silvia... hmm... probably the nine pronger?
Eehm... yes, I meant emerald tiara. Thanks for pointing that out before someone thinks that Sofia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.:lol:
According to Kingen's post Madeleine is not on the calendar. :sad:

Eehm... yes, I meant emerald tiara. Thanks for pointing that out before someone thinks that Sofia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.:lol:
According to Kingen's post Madeleine is not on the calendar. :sad:
Oh, yes. I knew that. Duuuh.

My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine-pronge or the Connaught tiara.
Victoria i also think one of the 2 cut-steel tiaras as they are said to very light
And i don't think Sofia will weasr a different tiara now as she hasn't worn one from the Family-collection for the Nobels.

Would part of the lack of wearability of the Cameo Tiaria I wonder be the issue? It's weight and potential fragility? Just a thought.

My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine-pronge or the Connaught tiara.
Victoria i also think one of the 2 cut-steel tiaras as they are said to very light
And i don't think Sofia will weasr a different tiara now as she hasn't worn one from the Family-collection for the Nobels.
I agree about Sofia and think that the first time she wears a different tiara will be at a special event, either the birthday of the King or the Nobels.
Would part of the lack of wearability of the Cameo Tiaria I wonder be the issue? It's weight and potential fragility? Just a thought.
Interesting thougth. I think that the hight is no issue because the Queen has carried it off successfully (imho) before. Also she often wears other high tiaras. I have never heard that this tiara was fragile, and the Queen has even travelled with it. But I can imagine that it is rather heavy, gold being a heavier metal than silver and pearls certainly are rather heavy.

I agree about Sofia and think that the first time she wears a different tiara will be at a special event, either the birthday of the King or the Nobels.

Interesting thougth. I think that the hight is no issue because the Queen has carried it off successfully (imho) before. Also she often wears other high tiaras. I have never heard that this tiara was fragile, and the Queen has even travelled with it. But I can imagine that it is rather heavy, gold being a heavier metal than silver and pearls certainly are rather heavy.
I thi nk at Victoria'as Wedding it was said that i weight 900 gramms. But i don't think that for the Queen this would be a Problem as she has worn it so fiten. And to me it doesn't loom to fragile.

I believe the fragility with The Cameo Tiaria is the actual Cameo's not the metal.

Ok i'm trying to guess what we may see on 3:rd February

Silvia : Connaught Ruby Tiara

(she looks so good in it so i really hope she will dust it off soon again. And it is a good more low key event to do it)

Victoria : Cut Steel Tiara or Laurel Wreath Tiara

(If she attends at all it will probably be a light weight tiara)

Sofia : Her Emerald and Diamond Tiara

Christina : Margareta's Aquamarine Tiara or the 6-button Tiara)

(She has worn her sisters Aquamarine tiara to the "February dinner" a couple of years now so i think It's a good chance)

And i am trying to guess what we may see on 30:th April too IF there is a white tie dinner

The Queen : Sapphire or Cameo Tiara

(Don't know if the Cameo tiara is hevier than the others but the material is likely fragile and not easy to repair for the court jeweller. That may be a reason why it is worn so rarely)

The Crown Princess : Connaught Diamond Tiara

(though i wish she would wear the Connaught Ruby Tiara but due to It's controversial history and that Countess Marianne Bernadotte is likely among the guests, the ruby tiara will likely stay in the vaults on that day)

Princess Sofia : Laurel Wreath Tiara

(I belive Victoria will lend Sofia this tiara to some occasions when Victoria herself is wearing something bigger. It is probably a tiara full of emotions and happy memories of auntie Lilian for Carl Philip too).

Princess Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : 6-button Tiara

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschoöld : Amethyst Tiara

Princess Birgitta : Baden Fringe Tiara

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : Aquamarine Tiara

Last edited:
Official dinner coming up in Sweden on February 3rd. According to the Royal Court Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia (and their hubbies) will attend the dinner.

My guesses:

Silvia: Nine Prong tiara
Victoria: Large Cut Steel tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

It seems like we could agree on that the Official dinner on February 3rd will be the regular business. You're probably right, the standard tiaras.

On the other hand, it's so difficult to guess for the King's birthday, but it is indeed fun. In general I'm happy if...
...Queen Silvia wears the Braganza or the Cameo
...CP Victoria attends (and wears something new to her, or not seen for a long time)
...Princess Sofia attends (and wears something new to her)
...Princess Madeleine isn't wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara
...Princess Birgitta's tiara not looks like it's going to fall off
...Princess Christina isn't wearing the Six Button Tiara

Future tiaras?

The King's birthday -

Silvia - Luetchenburg

Victoria - Connaught (she wears it well)

Sofia - emerald tiara (I don't think Victoria will lend the Laurel Wreath to Sofia because it was willed to her by Lillian and Victoria may want to save it for Estelle or the second baby if it's a girl)

Madeleine - Modern Fringe as usual

The king and queen's 40th wedding anniversary:

Silvia - the Cameo because she wore it on her wedding day ans that ceremony officially made her queen of Sweden. 2nd choice - Edward VII Ruby tiara because it's Their Majesties' 40th wedding anniversary. The wedding anniversary is 40 years as queen consort for Silvia.

Victoria - Baden Fringe or Steel Cut. (or she may surprise everyone by wearing the Cameo. Their Majesties' wedding anniversary is also the Crown Princess Couple's sixth wedding anniversary.)

Sofia - emerald tiara

Madeleine - Modern Fringe.

I am not sure that there will be any "tiara event" during Carl Gustaf and Silvias 40:th wedding anniversary but i hope that they will release some new official pictures of the royal couple with Silvia wearing the Cameo Parure.

We gotta wait and see if/when Sofia will wear another tiara. I will not be surprised at all if Victoria will lend her the laurel wreath tiara or even the baden fringe tiara to some high profile events where Victoria is wearing something bigger. I also think the amethyst tiara will look good on her dark hair. But she'll likely wear the Emerald and diamond tiara to most tiara events through her life, like Lilian and the Laurel wreath tiara. Madeleine and the modern fringe tiara and now also Christina and the 6-button tiara.

Last edited:
King#s 70th birthday

Queen: Cameo Parure
victoria Laurel wreath tiara
Sofia: four button tiara
Madeleine: baden fringe tiara
Margaretha: Connaught tiara
Birgitta: cut steel tiara
Désirée: Queen Louise's diamond tiara
Christina: amethyst tiara

It seems like we could agree on that the Official dinner on February 3rd will be the regular business. You're probably right, the standard tiaras.

On the other hand, it's so difficult to guess for the King's birthday, but it is indeed fun. In general I'm happy if...
...Queen Silvia wears the Braganza or the Cameo
...CP Victoria attends (and wears something new to her, or not seen for a long time)
...Princess Sofia attends (and wears something new to her)
...Princess Madeleine isn't wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara
...Princess Birgitta's tiara not looks like it's going to fall off
...Princess Christina isn't wearing the Six Button Tiara
Yes, the dinner in February is likely to be regular business. But two years ago in 2014, Princess Christina stunned us all with wearing the aquamarine tiara for this occasion. But that's something so unexpected that it can hardly be guessed in advance anyway.

I'll now sound like the party pooper, but your standards for the birthday dinner are pretty high.;) (But so are mine, tbh) It would be like a dream to see those wishes come true.

It seems pretty hard to drag Princess Christina away from the 6-buttons, or to detach Madeleine from her wedding tiara. The only way to do that seems to be to offer them the aquamarine kokoshnik. But that is unlikely with Princess Margareta on the guestlist.

Princess Victoria with something new again? Would be lovely, but just started wearing the Connaught tiara last year. There's not that much left, except for those tiaras reserved for the Queen or privately owned by another Princess or disputed (rubies). The 9-prongs maybe? Tbh, I think that she'll still leave that one aside for a while. Actually I hope for a 2nd wearing of the laurel tiara.

Princess Birgitta will be interesting. For the last ten years she has worn a first-time tiara for every gala event: the six-buttons for the 60th BD gala, the sliding pronger for Victoria's wedding, the Connaught for Maddeleine's and the Baden fringe for CP's wedding. If she continues wearing first-timers, it might be the large cut steel (new favourite of Princess Desiree?) or the amethyst circlet (might look a bit like the sliding pronger, but who nows).

I would LOVE to see Queen Silvia make her official debut in the egyptian scarab necklace this year. I think the nine prong tiara and Princess Lilians wedding broch would look great together with that necklace.

I predict Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara at the King's birthday. I would love if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara but I think Victoria will wear it.

I think Silvia might wear the Braganza for the King's 70th

I would love to see Victoria in the rubies. Since the death of Sigvard, the debate over who owns the tiara is a moot point. Sigvard's son Michael sold it back to the royal family when he inherited it from his grandfather (his father of course argued it had been a loan and should have been returned to him when he had the funds to pay back the loan). We have seen Silvia wear it more often since Sigvard died. It seems light and delicate and might be a good choice in February while still pregnant.

February dinner: wish/prediction
Silvia: saphires/nine prong
Victoria: rubies/Baden fringe or cut steel
Madeleine: koshnik/modern fringe
Sofia: wedding tiara

king's birthday:
Silvia: cameo/Braganza
Victoria: laurel wreath/which ever one she didn't wear in Feb
Madeleine: amethyst/modern fringe
Sofia: the diamond bandeau/wedding tiara

Yes, it would be nice to see the ruby tiara on Victoria. And I also believe that the ownership question is no longer disputed in the family. But still, I think it would be respectfull to Countess Marianne, not to wear her former tiara at a high profile event where she is on the guest list.

But to wear for the dinner, as you suggest? It wouldn't be the first time that a first time that a surprise tiara was inaugurated at the rather low key representation dinners (see Princess Christina and the aquamarines). On the other hand Victoria mostly inaugurates her new tiaras at the big events (like Connaught at CP's wedding, laurel at Madeleine's wedding). Interesting thought, and I wouldn't mind seeing wish come true. :D

If there is an official photo released for his birthday, I predict Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara, as she did for his 60th birthday portrait.

I predict Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara at the King's birthday. I would love if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara but I think Victoria will wear it.

I know its not everyone's favourite I'd like to see the Cameo tiara worn by the queen at the King's 70th Birthday.

I want to see them both, Braganza & Cameo. Can they please have two tiara events for the birthday? :D:D:D

I want to see them both, Braganza & Cameo. Can they please have two tiara events for the birthday? :D:D:D

We could always wish for that, but not even I dare to wish for two tiara events :ROFLMAO:

We could always wish for that, but not even I dare to wish for two tiara events :ROFLMAO:
I certainly know that it is a dream, but a nice one!

What do you think, which international royals will attend and what will they wear?

I think that Queen Letizia will wear her own fleur de lys tiara again (if she'll attend). Not my favourite, but a personal tiara for private event makes sense.

CP Mary might wear the Swedish rubies in Sweden again, but it could also be the midnight tiara or, even better, the necklace tiara from Queen Margrethe's birthday.

What do you think, which international royals will attend and what will they wear?

I think that Queen Letizia will wear her own fleur de lys tiara again (if she'll attend). Not my favourite, but a personal tiara for private event makes sense.

CP Mary might wear the Swedish rubies in Sweden again, but it could also be the midnight tiara or, even better, the necklace tiara from Queen Margrethe's birthday.

Certainly a nice dream but i think urealistis. So gfar the Bernadottes had never 2 white tie Evetns for such celbrations. It was also one evenign black tie one evening white tie- Even at the royal wedding in 1975 and 2010.

I guess that on Friday 29:th April we will see a black tie evening with just the swedish royal family, Sommerlath Family, Westling Family, Hellqvist Family, O'Neill Family, parliament and government.

Saturday 30:th April we will see a white tie evening with royals, presidents, ambassadors, politicians etc.

On Sunday 1:st May i guess there will be a service of thanksgiving in the Royal Palace Church and a following farewell lunch at the Palace.

Based on how the 50:th and 60:th birthday celebrations have been, This is how i guess it will be. But ofcourse it can be smaller or bigger.

I'm sure that the danish and norwegian royal families will attend (minus Prince Henrik) as well as the Finnish and Icelandic Presidential Couples. Would be nice to see the other european heads of state too.
Maybe Albert and Charlene will attend as Albert are close to the swedish royals. I also expect the titular Greek royal family to attend as well as the titular german ducal families of Sachsen-Coburg, Gotha and Bavaria.

I am sure it will be an interesting weekend anyway.

If Silvia wears the braganza tiara, that would open up a small chance of seeing Victoria in the Cameo tiara or Nine prong tiara. But to be realistic i expect her to wear one of "her main tiaras".

I guess Margrethe, Mary, Benedikte and Anne-Marie will all wear former "Bernadotte tiaras. I'd say Margrethe in the Baden Palmette Tiara, Mary in the Ruby Tiara, Benedikte in the Star and Pearl Tiara and Anne-Marie in the Khedive Tiara. Don't think Joachim and Marie will attend.

For the same reason i guess Sonja will wear the emerald parure or Queen Josephines Diamond tiara. I would love if Mette-Marit could borrow the Vasa tiara from Princess Astrid. Would love to see Astrid herself there too, wearing her famous "Antennas" ;)

Last edited:
Maby Princess Astrid will fly to Sweden with her 'wings' instead of the antennas? But I think that she'll wear the Vasa tiara herself instead. It would be lovely to see Mette-Marit with the small version of the pearl tiara again. Or the tiara of the late Princess Ragnhild, Queen Maud's diamond tiara. But that's not realistic, imo.

It will be interesting to see if some of the younger Greeks and Berleburgs will attend. Maybe the Pavlos & MC, or Nikolaos & Tatiana? Afaik Nikolaos is closest to the SRF. I would love to see Tatiana with the antique corsage tiara again, it's beautiful on her.

I'm always very fond of the Berleburgs, but in 2006 not even Princess Benedikte attended, so I don't dare to hope for the younger ones.

I guess that on Friday 29:th April we will see a black tie evening with just the swedish royal family, Sommerlath Family, Westling Family, Hellqvist Family, O'Neill Family, parliament and government.

Saturday 30:th April we will see a white tie evening with royals, presidents, ambassadors, politicians etc.

On Sunday 1:st May i guess there will be a service of thanksgiving in the Royal Palace Church and a following farewell lunch at the Palace.

Based on how the 50:th and 60:th birthday celebrations have been, This is how i guess it will be. But ofcourse it can be smaller or bigger.

I'm sure that the danish and norwegian royal families will attend (minus Prince Henrik) as well as the Finnish and Icelandic Presidential Couples. Would be nice to see the other european heads of state too.
Maybe Albert and Charlene will attend as Albert are close to the swedish royals. I also expect the titular Greek royal family to attend as well as the titular german ducal families of Sachsen-Coburg, Gotha and Bavaria.

I am sure it will be an interesting weekend anyway.

If Silvia wears the braganza tiara, that would open up a small chance of seeing Victoria in the Cameo tiara or Nine prong tiara. But to be realistic i expect her to wear one of "her main tiaras".

I guess Margrethe, Mary, Benedikte and Anne-Marie will all wear former "Bernadotte tiaras. I'd say Margrethe in the Baden Palmette Tiara, Mary in the Ruby Tiara, Benedikte in the Star and Pearl Tiara and Anne-Marie in the Khedive Tiara. Don't think Joachim and Marie will attend.

For the same reason i guess Sonja will wear the emerald parure or Queen Josephines Diamond tiara. I would love if Mette-Marit could borrow the Vasa tiara from Princess Astrid. Would love to see Astrid herself there too, wearing her famous "Antennas" ;)

At the 60th birthday the Royals from abroad also attended the private black tie Party the evening before the birthday. So i think there is hope they will do again if there is one. It will be interesting who will be invited from Belgium, Spain and the Netherlands. The new royal Couples or their parents who are agewise much sloser to CG and Silvia.
As for tiaras o have my doubt that mary will wear the ruby tiara if she attends. So far she has worn it only twice abroad for Wedding of Heirs to the Throne. At CG's 60th birthday in 2006 she wore her Wedding tiara and the same at King Harald's 70th birthday in 2007. As for Monaco i think there is a chance that Albert and Charlene will attend as Albert attended in 2006. Then even Fürst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein attended but without his wife.

For the upcoming State Visit by the King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima to France this March ....
the dazzling Holland Diamond and the drop dead beautifull tiara that contains it might see the light of day again after over 4 decades...

For the upcoming State Visit by the King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima to France this March ....
the dazzling Holland Diamond and the drop dead beautifull tiara that contains it might see the light of day again after over 4 decades...

That would be great but given the dresscode at State Banquets in France very unlikely. They only had for Queen Elizabeth II. a black tie dresscode for the swedish and spanish Royal Couples it was day suit for the men and short gown for the woman. So i expect the same dresscode for the dutch State Visit. And then it is very unlikely that Queen Máxima will wear a tiara at all.

But perhaps there is a chance that we will see the Stuart tiara at the belgian State Visit to the Netherlands which i believe is scheduled for autumn this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom