The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It would be an extra treat if we could see Paola with a tiara again. But seeing that the former King and Queen keep a very low profile these days, that is very, very unlikely. Especially when one considers the health problems which the Queen had last year.

If a fairy would grand me three wishes, I'd would want to see:
- Queen Paola with the Spanish gift tiara
- Princess Astrid with the 'other' tiara of her mother-in-law
- Princess Claire with her wedding tiara (just to see that she still has it)

Old 02-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It would be an extra treat if we could see Paola with a tiara again. But seeing that the former King and Queen keep a very low profile these days, that is very, very unlikely. Especially when one considers the health problems which the Queen had last year.

Personally, I would love to see Mathilde with the Spanish tiara.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Perhaps the former King and Queen would attend a State Banquiet at a State Banquet from another Monarchy. But unlikely foir this State Banquet.
My wish list would be to see Queen Mathilde in the spanish gift tiara with the green stones/emeralds and Queen Astrid emerald necklace/tiara worn as necklace.
Or to see the the Stockholm Wedding gift tiara worn as Bandeau and the pearl worn as broosh or necklace pendant.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Do we know yet if the spanish tiara legally belongs to the belgian royal family ?
Old 02-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen will wear Queen Fabiola's Wolfers tiara , Astrid her Aoste tiara and Claire her tiara n°2 , I think they sold the wedding tiara for buying these one.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Queen will wear Queen Fabiola's Wolfers tiara , Astrid her Aoste tiara and Claire her tiara n°2 , I think they sold the wedding tiara for buying these one.
I too think that Claire and Laurent sold the wedding tiara, but I don't yet give up my hope to see it again. With some good luck we might be proven wrong. In the meanwhile I'll be happy if Claire attends at all.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think the German state visit to Belgium will include a tiara dinner. Probably there will be only a black tie event at best.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
German President Joachim Gauck will pay a State Visit to Belgium on March 8. Two years ago, at the visit from the Chinese President, we saw Queen Mathilde with the bandeau from the 9-provinces tiara and Princess Astrid with the Savoy-Aosta tiara.

I'd love to see something different at the coming visit, but honestly I don't very think that this will be the case. My hopes of seeing Claire (and Laurent) are small, and I think that there is not such a big chance that Mathilde would wear the laurel or the Wolfers tiara.
I think she will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think the German state visit to Belgium will include a tiara dinner. Probably there will be only a black tie event at best.
The Queen and Princess Astrid wore tiaras at the State Dinner for the Chinese President. So why not for the German President? There was no proper state dinner for the Turkish President last year, but that was due to massive political difficulties.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

On 15. March Queen margrethe will host a Ball for Art and Culture at Christiansdborg Castle As far as i remember at the last similiar occasion the dresscode was black tie with tiaras so i expect the same this year
I think we will see:
The Queen: the baden palmette tiara or the turqiose bandeau
Mary: the midnight tiara
Marie. the amethyst lilies tiara
Old 02-20-2016, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What is the point in selling a beautiful sparkling wedding diadem for a cheap-looking blackened diadem with plastic-looking "pearls" and rhine-stone looking "diamonds"?

The wedding diadem Elegant, sparkling but indeed quite small

The other diadem The dirty look, the visible monture, the halved "pearls", hmmm... no...
Old 02-20-2016, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

A agree with you. The wedding tiara bought buy King Allbert II and Queen Paola came from the well known antique jewelry shop of Veronique Bamps;
Old 02-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
What is the point in selling a beautiful sparkling wedding diadem for a cheap-looking blackened diadem with plastic-looking "pearls" and rhine-stone looking "diamonds"?

The wedding diadem Elegant, sparkling but indeed quite small

The other diadem The dirty look, the visible monture, the halved "pearls", hmmm... no...
Well, the 'point'of selling the wedding tiara might have been that Laurent and Claire might have been in need of money. It's all speculation, of course, but I think that one can say that thriftiness is not Laurent's strongest quality. Anyway, we still don't have proof that the wedding tiara was really sold. There still is some hope to see it on Princess Claire again, imo.

Btw, I find her new pearl tiara quite attractive. Even if it doesn't look very expensive, it has a nice size and a flattering shape. Princess Claire looks very good with it, imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
On 15. March Queen margrethe will host a Ball for Art and Culture at Christiansdborg Castle As far as i remember at the last similiar occasion the dresscode was black tie with tiaras so i expect the same this year
I think we will see:
The Queen: the baden palmette tiara or the turqiose bandeau
Mary: the midnight tiara
Marie. the amethyst lilies tiara
Finally another ball at Christiansborg! I think that the last one was a Court Ball in 2010. But in 2009 there also was one that was one for Art and Culture. At both balls Princess Benedikte also attended, so there might be three tiaras to see.

My guess is:
Queen Margrethe: her floral aigrette
CP Mary: wedding tiara (but I'm hoping to see the pearl necklace from the Queen's birthday worn as a tiara)
Princess Marie: I also think that the lilies tiara is a very good bet
Princess Benedikte: the pearl and stars tiara

Old 02-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
e

Finally another ball at Christiansborg! I think that the last one was a Court Ball in 2010. But in 2009 there also was one that was one for Art and Culture. At both balls Princess Benedikte also attended, so there might be three tiaras to see.
There was also a Ball at Christiansborg a few weeks after the ruby Jubilee inj 2014. And wasn't it a Court Ball 1 or 2 years ago when Princess Marie wore the first and only time her lilies amethyst tiara.
Perhaps we will see the Queen also again in the Naasut tiara.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
There was also a Ball at Christiansborg a few weeks after the ruby Jubilee inj 2014. And wasn't it a Court Ball 1 or 2 years ago when Princess Marie wore the first and only time her lilies amethyst tiara.
Perhaps we will see the Queen also again in the Naasut tiara.
Oh, thanks for clarifying that. I had these two events noted as 'Dinners', so my search for 'ball' wouldn't find them.

I have a feeling that the Queen will reserve the Naasut tiara for highly official events like the New Year's Receptions, because it was an official present from Greenland.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

[...]

Btw, I find her new pearl tiara quite attractive. Even if it doesn't look very expensive, it has a nice size and a flattering shape. Princess Claire looks very good with it, imho.

[...]
Really? Look at the blackened metal, the deep and tight in the monture set (and therefore not able to sparkle) diamonds which look more like darker rhinestones and pay attention to the apparently big halved (!) pearls, looking like glued to the monture...

If these were real pearls, they would have been worth a fortune. Really... the whole piece screams costume jewelry to me. A special penalty is deserved for the clumsy way in which the base was added: so visible and amateuristic. I am sure a recommended jeweller would never have done it that way. It is awful.

Clear picture of the diadem.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh, thanks for clarifying that. I had these two events noted as 'Dinners', so my search for 'ball' wouldn't find them.
Could also be that i'm wrong but as for as i remember the Event for the members of the Parliament (which is held once in an electorial periode) is first a Dinner and then Dance and Ball.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Could also be that i'm wrong but as for as i remember the Event for the members of the Parliament (which is held once in an electorial periode) is first a Dinner and then Dance and Ball.
I think that you are correct, there always is a dinner (they show pictures of people in the dining hall) and a dance afterwards (without pictures being taken). I only tricked myself by labeling my files differently, so the search function came up with only half of the events.

Princess Benedikte attended all these Dinner/Balls in the last years, so I expect to see her again this year. She has fewer tiara events than the other royal ladies, so it's the icing on the cake to see her too, so to speak. The cherry on the icing would be Princess Elisabeth, but I didn't see pics of her at the last few balls, so it's not likely that she'll be there.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

From 13. - 14.04. the President of Mexico will pay a State Visit to Denmark. So we cann look forward to see the danish Royal ladies in their tiaras for that State Banquet.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
From 13. - 14.04. the President of Mexico will pay a State Visit to Denmark. So we cann look forward to see the danish Royal ladies in their tiaras for that State Banquet.

My guesses:

Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara