The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At the 60th birthday the Royals from abroad also attended the private black tie Party the evening before the birthday. So i think there is hope they will do again if there is one. It will be interesting who will be invited from Belgium, Spain and the Netherlands. The new royal Couples or their parents who are agewise much sloser to CG and Silvia.
As for tiaras o have my doubt that mary will wear the ruby tiara if she attends. So far she has worn it only twice abroad for Wedding of Heirs to the Throne. At CG's 60th birthday in 2006 she wore her Wedding tiara and the same at King Harald's 70th birthday in 2007. As for Monaco i think there is a chance that Albert and Charlene will attend as Albert attended in 2006. Then even Fürst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein attended but without his wife.
I think that it's not just who is invited, but it's also a question of who has other important engagements. It's common that two generation from the royal families attend such birthday galas. So why not from the new monarchies? I can perfectly imagine Maxima and Beatrix attending, especially since Beatrix and CG seem to be good friend. JC is not really the type who attends these kinds of get-together, but maybe Sofia comes together with the new royal couple? As for Belgium, I fear that Paola's health might prevent her attendance, but one can always hope for the best.

Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein and her beautiful fringe tiara would be a welcome sight to my eyes. I hadn't thought about her.

Is there a chance to see some members of the Swedish nobility? I can't remember some of them at former gala events.
Quote:
That would be great but given the dresscode at State Banquets in France very unlikely. They only had for Queen Elizabeth II. a black tie dresscode for the swedish and spanish Royal Couples it was day suit for the men and short gown for the woman. So i expect the same dresscode for the dutch State Visit. And then it is very unlikely that Queen Máxima will wear a tiara at all.

But perhaps there is a chance that we will see the Stuart tiara at the belgian State Visit to the Netherlands which i believe is scheduled for autumn this year.
And even if the State Banquet in France were a tiara event, I doubt that the Queen would wear her biggest gun on a visit to a republic. Our hope lies with the visit from Belgium, I agree with you there.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

IF the "Southern european" royals are invited (the trend seems to be smaller parties nowdays so i wouldn't take that for granted) i expect to see both the King and Queen as well as Princess Beatrix from Netherlands as they all seems to be very close to the swedish royals. It's totally impossible to choose tiaras for these ladies but i would love to see Maxima wear the huge Ornate Pearl Tiara. For Princess Beatrix i guess "Queen Emmas Diamond Tiara" is a likely option.

Hard to tell if UK attends. Prince Philip and Prince Charles attended the 50:th birthday in 1996 but they only sent their ambassador in 2006.
If they go i guess ut will be The Earl and Countess of Wessex as usual and then Sophie will likely wear the aquamarine tiara.
Maybe the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will go as they are said to be friends of the 3 scandinavian reigning couples and they are very close in age. Would love to see Brigitte wear the Turquoise Parure.
But It's very unlikely that both Ed & Sophie and Richard & Brigitte will attend.

If Spain attends i guess we'll see The King, The Queen and Queen Sofia. Letizia in the Asturias Ansorena Tiara she wore to Margrethe's 70:th birthday. Sofia in her usual Mellerio Shell Tiara.

If Luxemburg is invited i think there is a good chance we'll see both Henri and Maria-Theresa as well as Gulliaume and Stephanie. Maria-Theresa in the Chaumet Emerald Tiara and Stephanie in the Citrine and Pearl Tiara.

Hard to tell about Belgium. C-G and Silvia was known to be very close to Baudouin and Fabiola but i don't think they were so close to Albert and Paola. If they are invinted i guess Philippe and Mathilde will go alone. Mathilde in the Nine provinces Tiara.

Constantine and Anne-Marie will definitely be invited. I will be MAD on Anne-Marie if she doesn't wear the Khedive Tiara. Hard to tell wich other Greek royals who will be there. But i guess Nikolaos and Tatijana is a safe bet.

Now i've guessed alot. And Tiara-wise i'll probably end up being all wrong as usual :-D haha

Tiaras doesn't have to be very big and very sparkling for me. I love when they have a unique and different look and doesn't look like "all tiaras in all royal houses do".

Old 01-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I don't think it will be as big as the 50:th birthday celebrations (though i would love if it is). That was extremly big. I expect something more like the 60:th. But maybe we can start a thread in the swedish royal family forum to discuss how we think the program will be ?
That sounds like a great idea!
Old 01-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A good idea indeed. We have re-opened the following thread in the Swedish forum:

Suggestions for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations: April 2016
Old 02-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Excited to see what the swedish royal ladies will wear tonight.

I would LOVE to see Silvia debut in the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Lilian. Hopefully she'll pare it with Crown Princess Margarets ruby tiara.
But i guess it will be the usual things. Nine prong tiara and a Diamond collier with the Vasa pendant attatched.

I expect Victoria to wear a small or very light weight tiara. I guess one of the Cut steel tiaras or Princess Lilians tiara.

Sofia ? Likely her Wedding tiara or the 4-button tiara.

If Christina is attending she'll probably wear the 6-button tiara or her sisters aquamarine tiara

There are usually no surprises and not alot of jewels (except the tiaras) at representation dinners.
Silvia has worn the braganza tiara to atleast one representation dinner but she came directly from a photo session for new official pictures.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That would be great but given the dresscode at State Banquets in France very unlikely. They only had for Queen Elizabeth II. a black tie dresscode for the swedish and spanish Royal Couples it was day suit for the men and short gown for the woman. So i expect the same dresscode for the dutch State Visit. And then it is very unlikely that Queen Máxima will wear a tiara at all.

But perhaps there is a chance that we will see the Stuart tiara at the belgian State Visit to the Netherlands which i believe is scheduled for autumn this year.
For me it would already be a highday when Queen Máxima wears the FULL Mellerio ruby parure in Belgium, this means: with the large corsage de devant and with the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan. That would already be a fabulous sight.

The last outing of the full Mellerio ruby parure minus the famous fan: picture. (Click on the picture to maximize). Pay attention to the fabulous corsage de devant which really glitters in motion. Compare the size (the Queen covers part of the hanging parts even) with the diadem...

Old 02-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Excited to see what the swedish royal ladies will wear tonight.

I would LOVE to see Silvia debut in the Egyptian Scarab Necklace she inherited from Lilian. Hopefully she'll pare it with Crown Princess Margarets ruby tiara.
But i guess it will be the usual things. Nine prong tiara and a Diamond collier with the Vasa pendant attatched.

I expect Victoria to wear a small or very light weight tiara. I guess one of the Cut steel tiaras or Princess Lilians tiara.

Sofia ? Likely her Wedding tiara or the 4-button tiara.

If Christina is attending she'll probably wear the 6-button tiara or her sisters aquamarine tiara

There are usually no surprises and not alot of jewels (except the tiaras) at representation dinners.
Silvia has worn the braganza tiara to atleast one representation dinner but she came directly from a photo session for new official pictures.
You are right, surprises are rare at presentation dinners. BUT Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik at such a dinner two years ago. And that left us all drooling! So we can at least hope.

The only person I would like to see with a buttons tiara is Sofia (because it would be a novelty for her.) So I hope that Princess Christina will wear the beautiful kokoshnik again for the third time in a row.

I think that a cut steel tiara is a good bet for Victoria, and I hope that it is the large one. She should combine it with the cameo necklace again. That looked great when she wore this combination before.

I think that the Queen will wear the nine prongs tiara, but hope for something different.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
For me it would already be a highday when Queen Máxima wears the FULL Mellerio ruby parure in Belgium, this means: with the large corsage de devant and with the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan. That would already be a fabulous sight. (Click on the picture to maximize).

The last outing of the full Mellerio ruby parure minus the famous fan: picture. Pay attention to the fabulous corsage de devant which really glitters in motion. Compare the size (the Queen covers part of the hanging parts even) with the diadem...

I actually hoped that Máxima would wear the rubies in Denmark as it are the danish colours but she preferred the sappirer this Visits.
For State Visits she seems to prefer not to wear full Parures as both in Japan and Denmark she wore no necklace.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I actually hoped that Máxima would wear the rubies in Denmark as it are the danish colours but she preferred the sappirer this Visits.
For State Visits she seems to prefer not to wear full Parures as both in Japan and Denmark she wore no necklace.
Might that also be because there really isn't a matching pearl and diamond necklace to match the tiara she was working?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I have the idea the Queen wore no collier in Japan because her dress possibly did not allow her to do: picture.

I have the idea the Queen wore no collier in Denmark because also here her dress possibly did not allow her to do: picture.

In China however she wore an impressive collier, despite "disturbing" the neckline but maybe this was her compensation for not wearing a diadem: picture.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might that also be because there really isn't a matching pearl and diamond necklace to match the tiara she was working?
There are plenty of stunning pearl necklace Queen Máxima could wear, matching the pearl diadem she was wearing in Japan.

This diamond necklace (picture) with pearl pendants becomes this impressive diamond-and-pearls necklace: picture (click on the picture to blow it to XL).

This collier with 17th C natural pearls: picture.

This three strand pearl collier with large diamond clasp: picture.

Or this diamond and pearl collier: picture.

Her own new modern pearls collier with diamond "ball": picture.

Etc. Etc.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Silvia is wearing the Connaught Diamond Tiara tonight. Crown Princess Victoria is wearing the Baden Fringe Tiara and Princess Sofia is wearing her Emerald and Diamond Tiara.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBVgF4iv8p4/

Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Queen Silvia is wearing the Connaught Diamond Tiara tonight. Crown Princess Victoria is wearing the Baden Fringe Tiara and Princess Sofia is wearing her Emerald and Diamond Tiara.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBVgF4iv8p4/

Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Kungamiddag på slottet – prinsessorna i fokus | Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Most of us didn't really expect the Baden fringe tiara. But as usual CP Victoria looks great with it. The Connaught and the emerald tiara don't surprise me at all. But it's nice to see some Swedish glitter again.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Six button tiara for princess Christina
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Lady Finn.
Not the tiara I had hoped for, but at least Princess Christina looks good with the buttons.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

I think Queen Silvia is the winner of the night. She looks fab in those jewels and that red dress. Victoria and Sofia doesn't wear a lot of jewels for obvious reasons.

The 6-button Tiara is a tricky one given how it is constructed. It is very obvious that it was constructed to match the hair of Princess Lilian. It needs short, full hair to look good and at the moment there is only Christina with that hairstyle so i think It's good that it has become her main Tiara.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

German President Joachim Gauck will pay a State Visit to Belgium on March 8. Two years ago, at the visit from the Chinese President, we saw Queen Mathilde with the bandeau from the 9-provinces tiara and Princess Astrid with the Savoy-Aosta tiara.

I'd love to see something different at the coming visit, but honestly I don't very think that this will be the case. My hopes of seeing Claire (and Laurent) are small, and I think that there is not such a big chance that Mathilde would wear the laurel or the Wolfers tiara.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Majesty

I love to see the Wolfers tiara again for Queen Mathilde but probably she wore the base of nine provinces tiara! For Astrid she repeat the Savoy-Aosta Tiara and i hope Princess Claire be there as well!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It will be interesting to see what tiara Queen Mathilde will wear,if Princess Astrid does attend it will be the Savoy-Aosta Tiara,not sure if we will see Princess Claire or Queen Paola.