The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 11-28-2016, 04:52 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,556
Queens Beatrix and Paola, King Albert II did better. It is the past alas
__________________

__________________
  #462  
Old 11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Queens Beatrix and Paola, King Albert II did better. It is the past alas
Not always. It's at last better then the State Visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in the 1990's where the State Banquet was black tie not white tie. Then Queen Fabiola wore the wolfers tiara and Queen Beatric Queen emma's diamond tiara. And at the State vist of King Albert II. and Queen Paola Queen Beatrix wore again Queen Emma's diamond tiara and Queen Paola the 9 provinces tiara and one of her diamond necklaces.
So it is about the same. Queen Mathilde could have worn a necklace but she makes not wearing one up by instead wearing the waterfall broche
__________________

  #463  
Old 11-28-2016, 05:36 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,520
No tiara for Letizia tonight. On another note, let's hope she will wear a tiara she's never worn before at Harald's possible 80th birthday.
__________________
  #464  
Old 11-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
It's funny how fast something like this ends up being boring
In each other country it would be fabulous to see like five serious tiaras (because that is what it is, we've got some serious bling power in the house, not every royal family owns this many tiaras with huge diamonds).
However, I agree with you on Queen Máx. She could have surprised us more (she wears this tiara so often, it's her new favourite). Although the Stuart, Sapphire or Wurttemberg would have looked completely out of place next to Mathilde.

I think though this is a first for princess Laurentien: first time Emma's diamond tiara without ruby center. That's quite nice. To end things positively.
True, after the initial disappointment there were some nice things too: 5 tiaras, Laurentien in Q. Emma's diamond tiara, princess Margriet in a tiara that does not disappear completely in her hair, the waterfall brooch on the Belgian queen and Queen Máxima wearing the ruby earrings in their longest variation. But still, I hoped for one or two surprises. There is enough lying around in the vaults collecting dust.

Anyway, let's hope for some nice necklaces tomorrow.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #465  
Old 11-28-2016, 07:11 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 606
the Titular duchess of Braganza is wearing a tiara while the queen of spain isn't
__________________
  #466  
Old 11-29-2016, 05:13 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,520
What I love to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Cameo or Baden Fringe
Victoria: Amethyst or Aquamarine Kokosnik with the Brazilian earrings or pink topaz set
Madeleine: Connaught or Baden Fringe with the emerald demi parure or cameo set

This is simply a list for fun, not the official list. I always thought the pink topaz set would look great with the amethyst tiara.
__________________
  #467  
Old 11-30-2016, 05:29 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
What I love to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Cameo or Baden Fringe
Victoria: Amethyst or Aquamarine Kokosnik with the Brazilian earrings or pink topaz set
Madeleine: Connaught or Baden Fringe with the emerald demi parure or cameo set

This is simply a list for fun, not the official list. I always thought the pink topaz set would look great with the amethyst tiara.
I would love to see the emerald necklace get used T the Nobels by either the Queen or the Crown Princess.
__________________
  #468  
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 143
What I would like to see at the Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia- Cameo
Crown Princess Victoria- Laurel Wreath
Princess Madeleine- Connaught
Princess Sofia- Amethyst or 4 button


What I guess what they really wear

Queen Silvia- Leuchtenberg Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria- Six Button or Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Madeleine- Modern Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia- Emerald Tiara
__________________
  #469  
Old 12-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 712
I have changed my mind. I would like to see the Cameo tiara on Crown Princess Victoria for the Nobel Prize Ceremony and Banquet. I think that means Queen Silvia has to wear the Leuchtenberg Parure.
__________________
  #470  
Old 12-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I have changed my mind. I would like to see the Cameo tiara on Crown Princess Victoria for the Nobel Prize Ceremony and Banquet. I think that means Queen Silvia has to wear the Leuchtenberg Parure.
There are also other option's for Queen Silvia like the Connaught tiara, the ruby Tiara etc. Hopefully something different then the Leuchtenberg sapphires or the Nine Pronge. had just a look at her gown at the Nobelprizge website and the last time see whore a different tiara then the 2 was in 2007 when she wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz necklace.
  #471  
Old 12-05-2016, 02:51 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,520
My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain tiara
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
__________________
  #472  
Old 12-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There are also other option's for Queen Silvia like the Connaught tiara, the ruby Tiara etc. Hopefully something different then the Leuchtenberg sapphires or the Nine Pronge. had just a look at her gown at the Nobelprizge website and the last time see whore a different tiara then the 2 was in 2007 when she wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz necklace.
Indeed, and 2007 was the last time she wore the Cameo tiara as well. She wore it with just a month's space, for a state visit from Bulgaria in October and for the state visit to Austria in November.
__________________
  #473  
Old 12-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Indeed, and 2007 was the last time she wore the Cameo tiara as well. She wore it with just a month's space, for a state visit from Bulgaria in October and for the state visit to Austria in November.
And the last time the Cameo tiara was worn was on 19.06.2010 by a certain bride. The necklace has been worn a few times later i believe the last time was at the State Visit to France. But the last time the entire Parure was seen woprn together was at the State Visit to Austria. Now with all children beeing married i hope Silvia will wear the tiara again and if she does not want to wear it she should loan it to Victoria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain tiara
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
If we get pics we will probably only get some bad Car pics of Catherine and if we are lucky also from Camila. But not from Hm so we will not ge to know what she has worn. I have heard that apparently Camilla has worn once or twice the Teck tiara which is on loan to her at that reception but there is no prof as there are no pics.
  #474  
Old 12-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And the last time the Cameo tiara was worn was on 19.06.2010 by a certain bride. The necklace has been worn a few times later i believe the last time was at the State Visit to France. But the last time the entire Parure was seen woprn together was at the State Visit to Austria. Now with all children beeing married i hope Silvia will wear the tiara again and if she does not want to wear it she should loan it to Victoria.



If we get pics we will probably only get some bad Car pics of Catherine and if we are lucky also from Camila. But not from Hm so we will not ge to know what she has worn. I have heard that apparently Camilla has worn once or twice the Teck tiara which is on loan to her at that reception but there is no prof as there are no pics.
The Cameo tiara has stayed in the vaults for way too long now, and I would be happy to see it on any of the Royal ladies. Crown Princess Victoria seems to like to debut new to her jewels at the Nobels. So why not the Cameo again?
__________________
  #475  
Old 12-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Cameo tiara has stayed in the vaults for way too long now, and I would be happy to see it on any of the Royal ladies. Crown Princess Victoria seems to like to debut new to her jewels at the Nobels. So why not the Cameo again?
I think it had something to do with the Weddings and the Cameo tiara as a possible Wedding tiara that it has not been worn for some time. But now as all children are married and there will be no swedish Royal wedding for the next 25-30 years it should come out again.
  #476  
Old 12-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think it had something to do with the Weddings and the Cameo tiara as a possible Wedding tiara that it has not been worn for some time. But now as all children are married and there will be no swedish Royal wedding for the next 25-30 years it should ome out again.
I think that is a valid reason, but also a reason for letting us see it again.
__________________
  #477  
Old 12-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,843
I also think that the 'disappearance' of the cameo tiara is connected with the weddings. But after all, I don't really get why! It was only worn by Victoria, both Madeleine and Sofia wore other tiaras. So why retire the cameo, when it wasn't even intended to be worn by them as well? Imo, it's really time to unearth it again, it's under-used.

These are some wishes I have for the Nobels:
- two different tiaras on both nights for all the ladies
- one or two first-timers! Sofia should get to wear a second tiara, and maybe Madeleine could try the large cut-steel
- buttons should be worn by the gentlemen - on their shirts - not by the ladies on their tiaras (I could accept a button tiara on Sofia, but only because it would be a first-timer )
- as many tiara-wearing Countesses Bernadotte as possible!

Just three days to go! We'll have a nice, glittering weekend.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #478  
Old 12-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I also think that the 'disappearance' of the cameo tiara is connected with the weddings. But after all, I don't really get why! It was only worn by Victoria, both Madeleine and Sofia wore other tiaras. So why retire the cameo, when it wasn't even intended to be worn by them as well? Imo, it's really time to unearth it again, it's under-used.
.
We don't know if Madeleine and Sofia where offered to wear the Cameo tiara at their Weddings. It could also be that it was their own choice not to werar uit. Then the disappearace would makse sense. But it now almost 1,5 years since the last Wedding and it has still not been seen since. So lets hope that it will reappear at this years Nobel.
  #479  
Old 12-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We don't know if Madeleine and Sofia where offered to wear the Cameo tiara at their Weddings. It could also be that it was their own choice not to werar uit. Then the disappearace would makse sense. But it now almost 1,5 years since the last Wedding and it has still not been seen since. So lets hope that it will reappear at this years Nobel.
That could be the reason. So now it's time to dust the cameos off again. Preferably, the Queen should wear the complete parure again.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #480  
Old 12-07-2016, 06:13 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,556
No we will never see the Cameo Parure for the Nobel.
I should like to see Princess Lilian scarabee necklace.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 2019 12-14-2015 03:12 PM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 06:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 2 Alexandria General Royal Discussion Archive 7 03-06-2005 12:20 PM
The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 1 Alexandria General Royal Discussion Archive 15 02-06-2005 01:21 PM




Popular Tags
baptism birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill coel hen crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses family general news grandchild hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nazi news philippe prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince jean prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary current events princess of asturias princess of orange princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family theatre victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises