The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Majesty

I would love to see Queen Silvia use the Cameo, and Victoria use the larger Cut Steel tiara. I would also love to see the emerald necklace used again, by either the Queen or the Crown Princess.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 PM
Majesty

If Catherine attends the Diplomatic reception again this year, I would love if she wore the Cambridge tiara again. It would be a great combination with that tiara and the South African diamonds from the Queen. I hope she will never wear her wedding tiara again.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
If Catherine attends the Diplomatic reception again this year, I would love if she wore the Cambridge tiara again. It would be a great combination with that tiara and the South African diamonds from the Queen. I hope she will never wear her wedding tiara again.

Honestly, at this point, she's been more versatile with tiaras than any of us expected her to be. She's only had a handful of tiara appearances and she's worn three different tiaras.

I hope she adds a fourth! Too many beautiful tiaras languishing in the jewel vaults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Got two State events coming up for the British royals. Tiaras and jewels is expected of course. Would nice for Catherine to bust out Princess Margaret's Persian Turquoise Tiara. Haven't been seen since Margaret last wore it.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...00&fr2=piv-web

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-27-2016, 07:24 AM
Majesty

I would be surprised if Catherine used any more tiaras than those she already has until she becomes PoW or even Queen. That said, it would be great up see her use some of the other jewellery in ttf royal family vaults : the Greville ruby necklace, perhaps the Greville chandelier earrings, perhaps a sapphire necklace. ....
Old 10-27-2016, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Honestly, at this point, she's been more versatile with tiaras than any of us expected her to be. She's only had a handful of tiara appearances and she's worn three different tiaras.

I hope she adds a fourth! Too many beautiful tiaras languishing in the jewel vaults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
It is unlikely she will have four different Windsor tiaras at her disposal as Duchess of Cambridge, while Camilla, who outranks Kate, does not.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think Catherine will given more tiara's on her dispsoal before she becomes Pricness of Wales. I would like to see her wearing the Cartier Halo tiara with an elgeant updoo so that is is more visible then on her Wedding Day. It would look probably good against her dark hair.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Camilla have her pick of tiaras, but she loves to stick with her honeycomb Tiara or her family tiara.

Catherine appears to have her pick and seems to be okay with exploring. I would like to see her in her wedding tiara too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Majesty

As Madeleine's aunt Christina wore the pink topaz set once, I would love if she wore it. All in all, it would be great to see her wear something new at the Nobel Prizes like Josephine's diamond necklace, the emerald parure, the Cameo parure, or this necklace and earrings.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Courtier

the queen is wearing the sapphire tiara tonight at the state banquet

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8032296945.jpg
Old 11-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Courtier

the duchess of cornwall is wearing her regular honeycomb tiara and pearl choker .
https://royalwatcherblog.files.wordp...1&h=646&crop=1
Old 11-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

Sadly no state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands in Australia.

Hopefully, Máxima will go for a small tiara in New Zealand on the 7th of November. She sometimes wears a tiara when visiting a republic (Canada, Poland) and sometimes she doesn't (South-Korea, China, France).

Otherwise, we still have the Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. I'm sure Máxima will sparkle for that occasion. I certainly expect a big gun.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Canada is not a republic we are a constitutional monarchy, as are New Zealand and Australia, as the queen is head of state. Perhaps do to a strong republican movement in Australia, which outside of Quebec there isn't in Canada, Maxima chooses not to wear a tiara.

I look forward yo the Belgian state visit as it is sure for some bling.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
Sadly no state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands in Australia.

Hopefully, Máxima will go for a small tiara in New Zealand on the 7th of November. She sometimes wears a tiara when visiting a republic (Canada, Poland) and sometimes she doesn't (South-Korea, China, France).

Otherwise, we still have the Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. I'm sure Máxima will sparkle for that occasion. I certainly expect a big gun.
It depends on the dresscode. When the dresscode is black tie she has worn a tiara. But in France China and South Korea the dresscode was short gown for the woman and suits for the men so a tiara would look very odd.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It depends on the dresscode. When the dresscode is black tie she has worn a tiara. But in France China and South Korea the dresscode was short gown for the woman and suits for the men so a tiara would look very odd.
Indeed, when the dresscode is just suit-and-tie then royal ladies will restraint themselves in the jewelry department.

In France, during the Dutch State Visit, we saw the unusual situation that the dresscode for the State Banquet at the Palais de l'Élysée (picture) was lower than the dresscode for the return event at the Petit Palais (picture). Not that M le Président de la République was bothered at all by a dresscode, seeing that awful wrinkled sweaty polyester-looking suit...
Old 11-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Majesty

For King Harald's possible 80th birthday gala, anyone predict Mette Marit will wear a new/borrowed tiara? If not, hopefully she will wear the small pearl tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
For King Harald's possible 80th birthday gala, anyone predict Mette Marit will wear a new/borrowed tiara? If not, hopefully she will wear the small pearl tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding.
That would be something! Don't we all want to see Queen Maud's diamond tiara again, the one that Princess Ragnhild used to wear?

Alas, I don't think that we will. Imo, we can be glad if Mette-Marit wears amethyst tiara once again, instead of her favourite daisy bandeau. Maybe, if we are very lucky, she'll wear the beautiful pearl tiara again.

I have the impression, that Märtha-Louise likes playing around with different tiaras more than her sister-in-law. What if she tries out the modern gold tiara. ( Ha, I know that now I have shocked you all!!!)

Old 11-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That would be something! Don't we all want to see Queen Maud's diamond tiara again, the one that Princess Ragnhild used to wear?

Alas, I don't think that we will. Imo, we can be glad if Mette-Marit wears amethyst tiara once again, instead of her favourite daisy bandeau. Maybe, if we are very lucky, she'll wear the beautiful pearl tiara again.

I have the impression, that Märtha-Louise likes playing around with different tiaras more than her sister-in-law. What if she tries out the modern gold tiara. ( Ha, I know that now I have shocked you all!!!)
I think if we well see Quad Maud's tiara worn it will be on Queen Sonja as the first one. I think the 80th birthday of King Harald would bhe the perfect occasion to use it the first time as it is a special Event.
I would like to see the small setting on Mette-Marit again but please placed better and not so akward like at the swedish royal Wedding when ii did not look very good on her.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

CP Mette-Marit seems to liker her tiaras tilted back so that they nearly disappear in her hair. She should take a leaf out of Princess Märtha-Louise's book and wear them proudly upright, with big hair to support it properly.

I have got a feeling that Queen Sonja will not wear her sister-in-law's former tiara. And worse, I think that they will leave it in the vault till Ingrid Alexandra is 20, or 21.

Another tiara I would desperately like to see would be the pink tourmaline parure last owned by Countess Estelle. It must be either in Norway, or in Sweden. Rumours are a bit contradicting in that respect, but I believe that it is in Norway. I don't think that pink is the best colour for the Queen, but it would be lovely on Mette-Marit.

Anyway, I really, really hope the King's 80th birthday will be a big tiara affair, and that some ladies will wear a first time tiara. (King Carl Gustav's BD this year was a bit disappointing in that respect.)

Old 11-06-2016, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

I still hope to see Queen Maud#s diamond tiara on Queens Sonja. It would be too big as a starter tiara for Ingrid Alexandra. in think it s a tiara for a Queen or Crown pricness. A nice starter tiara for Ingrid Alexandra would either her mothers daisy bandeau or the Vasa tiara. But as this one is still with Princess Astrid i doubt that it will be her first tiara.
Somehow i have a feeeling that on a future Queen Mette-Marit we will not see the big tiara like the emerald Parure or the Désirée tiara very much used and she will stick to smaller tiaras.

As for a possible 80th birthday celebration for the King so far nothing has been announced but i still hope they will celebrate it in a grand way. Could also be that the make a joined celebration for the King and Queen's 80th birthday together later in the year like the did for the 60th birthday celebrations.

Closed Thread