The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Majesty

As for the upcoming Belgian visit to Holland, I predict Mathilde will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara and Maxima in the Wurtemburg pearl tiara.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Nobility

The Norwegian Royal Family will host the traditional dinner for the Parliament on 27 October, Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid will attend. I guess it will be business as usual when it comes to the tiaras.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Nice, that the date for this annual event is now out. I agree, it will be business as usual, with the daisy bandeau for Mette-Marit. The Queen might wear any of her other tiaras, but I hope for the diamond tiara, it's my favourite.

For the Nobels I have a couple of wishes:
- as few button tiaras as possible!
- a first time appearance of Sofia with something other than her wedding tiara
- two different tiaras for each royal lady
- something other than the standard Leuchtenberg or 9-prongs for the Queen
- the amethyst tiara being worn by one lady
- one or two Countesses Bernadotte

I wonder if they they will add a couple of brooches to their hairstyles as well. That seems to have become something like the Nobel standard and usually looks gorgeous.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

I also think that the Stortinget Gala will be business as usuual.
So :
Metzte-Marit the bandeau tiara
Sonja. I hope she will be using the diamond tiara as this one was not used much recently
Astrid: probably one of her wing tiaras

As for the Nobels
I agree that Queen Silivia's patern of alternating between the nine pronge tiara and the Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure needs to be broken and she should again wear something different like she has done earlier when she also wore the Cameo Parure and the Connaught tiara sometimes for the Nobels. But she has used the Connaught tiara already a few times this year so i hope she will finally wear the Cameo Parure again for Nobel or the ruby tiara for the first time.
As for the other ladies i also hope that Madeleine and Sofia don't wear for both Events the emerlad Wedding tiara and the modern fringe tiara
Old 10-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

I really hope the 4 button tiara will stay in the vault. Was so dissapointed when Victoria paired it with the fantastic Bernadotte emeralds a couple of years ago. It would have looked much better with the Baden Fringe Tiara or most of all with Connaught Diamond Tiara, a combination her paternal grandmother Princess Sibylla wore to almost every tiara occassion she attended. I think it looked really good.

As for the 6 button tiara, i think it depends on if Princess Christina will attend or not. As we all know by now, she is suffering from chronic blood cancer and is undergoing treatments right now so it probably depends on how she feels. She seems to love the 6 button tiara very much and to be honest, she is the only one since Princess Lilian died who can wear that tiara with success.

I would LOVE to see Queen Silvia in the Cameo Parure again :) She also wore the Amethyst Parure once, in 1986 i belive.

If Sofia will wear a for her new tiara it will likely be on the 10:th and her wedding tiara on 11:th. I think the Amethyst tiara or Princess Margaretha'a Aquamarine kokoshnik wich the Royal family seems to be allowed to use would look lovely in her dark hair.

There will likely be atleast one Countess Bernadotte there as Countess Bettina and her brother Count Björn seems to be there every year. I think it would be nice to see all of the "Mainau Siblings" Bettina, Björn, Christian, Catherina and Diana present :)
Old 10-23-2016, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
There will likely be atleast one Countess Bernadotte there as Countess Bettina and her brother Count Björn seems to be there every year. I think it would be nice to see all of the "Mainau Siblings" Bettina, Björn, Christian, Catherina and Diana present :)
Count Björn Bernadotte doesn't nowadays usually attend at the Nobel Prize events, I remember seeing him for the last time in 2009. Countess Bettina Bernadotte and her husband Philipp Haug attend nowadays every year, because Bettina has been since 2008 the president of the Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and member of the Board of the Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, and the Nobel Foundation invites her because of that.
Countess Marianne Bernadotte attended in 2012.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Bettina usually attended the Nobel events, but last year she wore tiaras at both nights in Stockholm, and that was a novelty. In previous years she didn't wear tiaras. I hope that she keeps wearing them!

Also, last year's Nobel Awards were attended by Countess Madeleine, which was a welcome surprise. She wore the von Rosen tiara on the 10th.

I wholly agree about the Queen. It's high time that the alternation between the prongs and the Leuchtenberg stops. For how long have we been hoping that she'll wear the cameo parure again? Or break in the ruby tiara as a Nobel tiara? Btw, last year she wore the 9-prongs on the 10th, so this year it should be the sapphire tiara.

Last year, both Victoria and Madeleine wore two different tiaras on both night, so I hope that this year Sofia will join the club. It would be lovely to see the aquamarine kokoshnik again, I'd like to find out if it is meant for Madeleine, or if they intent to share it between the siblings.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope the aquamarine kokoshnik-style diadem is added to the Bernadotte Foundation and not given in personal ownership.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Courtier

What does the aquamarine kokoshnik look like, I can't remember seeing it?
Old 10-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
What does the aquamarine kokoshnik look like, I can't remember seeing it?
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara
Old 10-23-2016, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Thank you. It is lovely!
Old 10-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Well it is always hard to predict what they will wear. Not to speak of the difference of my wishes and my predictions.

Queen Silvia
10 - Just like you I hope the Queen will opt for something else than the Nine Prong or the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, it would indeed be lovely to see the Cameo Parure again.
11 - I think the Queen will go with the Nine Prong here, maybe the Connaught, but she has used that one quite frequently lately.

Crown Princess Victoria
10 - It would be nice to see her with the Cut Steel Tiara again, or the Amethyst Tiara.
11 - It has been a long time since we saw the Diamond Bandeau, the few times we have seen it on the Crown Princess it has been lovely. It is alos very suitable for the less (but still very) formal dinner at the Palace. However I think she will go with the Baden Fringe or Lilian's Tiara.

Princess Sofia
10 - Time has come for her to use another tiara. Whatever we think about the Four button tiara, I think it is a likely second tiara for Sofia.
11 - Her wedding emerald tiara.

Princess Madeleine
10 - Princess Madeleine has become the most difficult one to predict. I like the Aquamarine Tiara, but I want to see something else and not the same tiara as last year. Thus it would be nice to see her with the Connaught Tiara again, or why not debute the Ruby Tiara?
11 - The Modern Fringe Tiara
Old 10-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Majesty

I would love to see Silvia wear the Cameo and Madeleine wear the Connaught at this years event as well. As for other jewels, I would love to see Madeleine wear the emerald demi parure for the first time at the event.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

What I would love

Silvia cameo one day and the Braganza the other
Victoria the amathyst one day and big cut steel the other
Madeleine the Connaught one day and the kokoshnik the other
Sofia her wedding tiara one day and the diamond rivière the other

What I suspect

Silvia the nine prongs and sapphire
Victoria the Baden fringe and maybe the cut steel (possibly the Connaught)
Madeleine the modern fringe and amathyst (possibly the kokoshnik)
Sofia her wedding and the four button
Old 10-23-2016, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Correct. Bettina and her husband is there nowdays. Not Björn. Still think it would be nice to see all 5 "Mainau siblings" there for a year.

Yes i've been hoping for many years now that Silvia would wear the Cameo tiara.

The Connaught Ruby Tiara would be nice too. But i think it's a more likely option for 11:th december. Don't think they'll start use it on high profile events until after Countess Marianne has died, out of respect for the earlier controversies with Count Sigvard.

I really hope Princess Christina can attend but if she can't, it would be good to see one of her sisters take her place.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

It would be very nice to see any of the other Haga Princesses even if Princess Christina is well enough to attend. Imo, it's really a pity that they don't attend even form time to time.

As for the ruby tiara, I don't even think that the Queen will wear it on the second night either. The cameo tiara would be the nicest option, imo. She has't worn it since 2007, it's about time to give another go. I's also be content to see her with the amethysts again, but I that seems not very likely. I think she left it to her daughters for the bigger events, while she herself only wears it for smaller events these days. Or it would be great if she wore the Braganza for the first time on Nobel day. That would be a stunner!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It would be very nice to see any of the other Haga Princesses even if Princess Christina is well enough to attend. Imo, it's really a pity that they don't attend even form time to time.

As for the ruby tiara, I don't even think that the Queen will wear it on the second night either. The cameo tiara would be the nicest option, imo. She has't worn it since 2007, it's about time to give another go. I's also be content to see her with the amethysts again, but I that seems not very likely. I think she left it to her daughters for the bigger events, while she herself only wears it for smaller events these days. Or it would be great if she wore the Braganza for the first time on Nobel day. That would be a stunner!
Always stunning to see the Braganza Tiara, but I don't think we'll see it on Nobel. Hopefully it wont be too long, if she continues the tradition of using it for incoming state visits from fellow monarchs.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think the Braganza tiara is unlikely to be worn at the Nobels. But i also hope that Queen Silvia will wear it again at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. Let's hope that there will be State Visits from the 3 royal couples in the next years. I think that the ruby tiara is not worn so much has not only to do with it's contorvoers history about the ownershps but also with the fact that it is probably difficult to war as it is a very high tiara but not not very wide.
I also think that when Sofia will wear a new for her tiara it will be the four button. The only problem i see with it is that it needs good tiara hair to hide that ugly frame and so far her hairdresser has so far always placed her emerald wedding tiara very oddly.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope the aquamarine kokoshnik-style diadem is added to the Bernadotte Foundation and not given in personal ownership.
I hope all tiaras will be transferred to the family foundation. With a growing Royal family it could end up like in Belgium where the tiara vault is almost empty if people are allowed to own them privately, inherite them from their parents or give them away as gifts.

It is better to have them all safe in a family foundation and that they can be lent to any family member on grand occassions.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think the Braganza tiara will be worn at Nobel. At least not on 10:th December. It is heavy and i don't understand how Silvia managed to have it on her head trough the whole day at Victorias wedding. She must have had headaches for weeks afterwards.

I hope they let Sofia avoid the 4-buttons or the mickey mouse tiara as some people call it. I really don't like that at all.